Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...670671672673674675676677678679680...LastNext
Current Page: 675 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 26, 2023 14:42

AntoineParis
New album should be released in October

[www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

Damn, I was secretly hoping it would be released before September 5th, so that we would actually never have made it to the "18 years and counting" mark! winking smiley

Oh well.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 26, 2023 14:52

AntoineParis
New album should be released in October

Marveilleux!thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 26, 2023 15:21

Zut alors!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 26, 2023 15:36

smoking smiley

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 26, 2023 15:55

on y croit !

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 26, 2023 16:10

AntoineParis

Google translation into English -

Little information on planet Stone, since we now know that there will be no tour this year.

However, a new album is still in the works. What we knew: the group has been seen in the studio in New York and Los Angeles, accompanied by Steve Jordan, Darryl Jones, Matt Clifford, and even Chanel Haynes. This opus would be produced by Andrew Watt (Iggy Pop, Ozzy Osbourne). And the participation of Paul McCartney on a title on bass has indeed been confirmed.

New information: according to the Anglo-Saxon press, Bill Wyman is in the game! After leaving the group 30 years ago, Bill couldn't refuse to participate in what will, it seems, be a tribute album to Charlie Watts.

"And when is it coming out?" you will tell us. In October, they say...

Drew

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 26, 2023 16:50

"Yeah, (the last original Stones album) was so long ago that you want it to be really good. So I don’t just want it to be, you know, a good album, I want it to be great.
Yeah so I’m very hard on myself. If I write something with Keith or whatever, you know, it’s going to be great, it can’t just be good". - Mick, 2020

Sounds like an excellent plan. thumbs up

Won't judge until we hear it, but based on Micks confidence while acknowledging how long it's been since they released a new album of originals way back in 2005, you want to believe it will be great!
And with Keith laying the gridwork, Charlie revving the engine, along with Bill laying the foundation on a tune, not to mention Macca and the other guests adding some spice...well it should at least be...interesting!
And as a tribute to Charlie....looking forward to it. Hope that article posted by AntoineParis is accurate, but it seems a bit generic. Time will tell.......

NilsHolgersson
Hairball
This would be a great opener for the album, and then have Charlie's drums blasting in right after it...
Or maybe the first 30 seconds as the opener followed by Charlie's drums, and then the last half of the clip at the end of the album as a bookend...

So many possibilities...

Keith is starting to look like that boy from Deliverance playing the banjo

lol............smiling smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 26, 2023 17:39

I think it'd be a nice fitting touch if they closed the album with a hidden jazz-y number for Charlie. Maybe they have some jam session laying around in the vault from back in the Stu days that they could use with Stu tickling the ivories whilst Charlie plays a nice little soft beat.

Date: June 26, 2023 18:00

Hairball
"Yeah, (the last original Stones album) was so long ago that you want it to be really good. So I don’t just want it to be, you know, a good album, I want it to be great.
Yeah so I’m very hard on myself. If I write something with Keith or whatever, you know, it’s going to be great, it can’t just be good". - Mick, 2020

Sounds like an excellent plan. thumbs up

Didn't he go on to add:

"We have been recording and we've got some really good stuff — But, I mean, don't hold your breath.”

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 26, 2023 18:05

Doxa
The counting boys - 18 years and blah blah - are idiots. Not as a person, but as Stones fans. Is A BIGGER BANG better than, say, El MOCAMBO or the film of SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS 78? What would you actually prefer? Lots of stuff, lots of great stuff, released since 2005, unlike in the past.

The last decade or so we had been blessed with wonderful Stones stuff. Much better than, say, from the 80's typically on. Do people actually listen anything, or do they only count?

Why does counting actually means that much to a certain people? What is the point of that? What it tries to say? That the Stones are shit or what?

- Doxa

In regard to The Rolling Stones and people here at/on iorr.org in their whatever levels of fandom, human beings forget quickly:

Pandora came out in 2000.

iTunes was launched in 2001 with the iPod.

XM was in 2001.

Sirius appeared in automobiles in 2002.

iTunes Store was 2003.

YouTube came out in 2005.

Spotify came out in 2006.

Amazon Music came out in 2007.

Sirius and XM combine in 2008.

Google Play Music was 2011 and stupidly killed in 2020, replaced with the ridiculous YouTube Music.

Apple Music launched in 2015, which essentially made the iPod pointless thanks to iCloud (2011).

Then there's social media:

FaceBook was released to the public in 2006. Twitter came out the same year. Instagram came out in 2010.

All of that can now be accessed from a phone. And an iWatch. And laptops and PCs. And automobiles and airplanes and refrigerators.

Newspapers and, less so, magazines, are pointless. Content is instant.

The days of releasing an album and a couple/few video singles have been replaced by releasing an album and many singles with various music videos and multiple remixes and placement in movies, YouTube commercials, morning TV shows, NFL games on TV... Super Bowl commercials, or an EP or just singles (nevermind that the artists make less and less money from it all).

With legacy acts, something other needs to happen. Time is limited. So there are albums being remixed (The Beatles, Stones), previously unreleased music being released as is (Led Zeppelin) or worked on (The Rolling Stones, although both, actually).

Live recordings galore, audio and some video.

Deluxe and super deluxe reissues with the previously unreleased music and B-sides and remixes and a live show. Crazy expensive vinyl for the serious music geeks that have to have vinyl. Playlists by the artist or label are created as a replacement for EPs - every what, 2 months?

Content is king.

We've gotten used to "instant access". We need more Mocambos NOW. Why isn't (enter year here) released yet? What's taking so long?

So much to choose from. There's A LOT to choose from. With all the cross promotion labels do regarding a release or reissue - the big hyped "available across all platforms" - oddly enough, a lot of people just stay in their head down lane. They're not the ones buying the big reissues.

That's probably older people.

The hard copy crowd is starting to thin out. Some of them have opted to just download or stream. Some do both, getting hard copies and downloading or streaming. But Mick Jagger released a single with Dave Grohl only on YouTube!!?? Why can't I get it on vinyl or CD? Why can't I download it?

See how that works? You make it available everywhere, nahhhh. Have it on only one platform... weird.

But it's content.

Date: June 26, 2023 18:16

VoodooLounge13
I think it'd be a nice fitting touch if they closed the album with a hidden jazz-y number for Charlie. Maybe they have some jam session laying around in the vault from back in the Stu days that they could use with Stu tickling the ivories whilst Charlie plays a nice little soft beat.

Excellent idea, and it would be great if they did something along these lines.
And being that it's a tribute album to Charlie, maybe his image will grace the cover. Perhaps a silhouette.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 26, 2023 19:34

Doxa
So much stupid talk here. Do people have a life?

But a new Stones album, first since BLUE&LONESOME.. Yeah!

- Doxa

Doxa
The counting boys - 18 years and blah blah - are idiots. Not as a person, but as Stones fans. Is A BIGGER BANG better than, say, El MOCAMBO or the film of SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS 78? What would you actually prefer? Lots of stuff, lots of great stuff, released since 2005, unlike in the past.

The last decade or so we had been blessed with wonderful Stones stuff. Much better than, say, from the 80's typically on. Do people actually listen anything, or do they only count?

Why does counting actually means that much to a certain people? What is the point of that? What it tries to say? That the Stones are shit or what?

- Doxa

"The counting boys, 18 years and blah blah are idiots... stupid... spoiled..."

That really hurts.

Obviously you are referring to me and Hairball. I'm insulted that you would call us idiots and stupid. I've never said anything like that to you. You've genuinely hurt my feelings with your comments and made me angry.

There's nothing quite like coming on this forum filled with joy and then being called an idiot fan by other Rolling Stones fans.

Honestly, I feel like going out and jumping off a bridge right now.

I guess our counting is making you and others as hurt and insulted as you're trying to make us feel right now? Is this a correct assessment of the situation?

Yes, my personal preference is for new music over archive releases. I'll take A Bigger Bang over El Mocambo. I enjoy many mediocre Stones songs just as much as I do the big hits, because I love the Rolling Stones. I personally believe writing, recording, and releasing new music is the difference between a vital creative band and a nostalgia act resting on their laurels. That's my own personal preference and opinion and I'm sorry if you and others find those preferences and opinions distasteful.

I love to hear new music from my favorite band. I don't think it's a crime for a fan to want some new music. Someone who was born when A Bigger Bang came out is now getting ready for college. And you're calling us "spoiled"? I'm sorry if you think we're spoiled for wanting to hear more.

I can't believe I'm on a Rolling Stones forum apologizing for wanting more new Rolling Stones music.

I'm not trying to say the Stones are shit, I don't even know where you get that. I'm trying to say that I'm not going to live forever and during my limited time on Earth I'd like to hear as much new Rolling Stones music as I possibly can. Going over a decade between albums is not the way to achieve that goal. I'm not going to lie and say that going a decade between albums makes me happy. Maybe I'm a spoiled brat for wanting more new Rolling Stones albums, but I'm also not going out of my way to insult those of you who love the archive releases. I'm glad you find them satisfying and/or preferable to a new album of new material.

I'm super-glad you all love the archive releases, and I'd like to say for the record that I've never ever come on this forum and given anyone shit for liking them.

This is my own personal perspective and please believe me when I say I'm very sincerely sorry that it offends you and others. I'd give anything to not feel as bad as you've made me feel with your comments.

Getting a new Rolling Stones album makes me feel like a kid on Christmas. Nothing else in the world makes me feel that way at this age. I prefer new music over archives. Sorry, but that is my personal preference. It really hurts for a fan like you to insult fans like me and Hairball and call us spoiled for wanting at least one album of new Jagger/Richards songs every decade. It really, really, really hurts.

This should be a joyous time. Instead, here we are...

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 26, 2023 20:04

Whoa~!!eye popping smiley
Stay calm and listen to the Rolling Stones smileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 26, 2023 20:05

for what is worth you have my sympathy jahisnotdead

"I personally believe writing, recording, and releasing new music is the difference between a vital creative band and a nostalgia act resting on their laurels"

this is a sentence hard to not comprehend and agree with imo

to summarize something like this as "the Stones are shit" is and overreaction and unfair

In october when, as we all wish and wait for, the albume will be out, music magazines and newspapers will title "the first collection of original since...".

My personal counting AS A FAN (since 1982) has taken me to the land of the "no expectations", I don't think it is fair to expect from Mick and Keith (and Ronnie) nothing that HAS TO stand up there with their best music. Time is real.

I will be thrilled and enjoy the new album coming. I hope in some good music. And if it will be more than good I will spread my praises here and rejoice.

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 20:07 by maumau.

Date: June 26, 2023 20:09

When it was confirmed that Macca was involved, nearly every publication made a point to say "the first new and original Stones album since 2005". Even Mick himself has acknowledged on more than one occasion that it's been an extraordinary amount of time since A Bigger Bang! Almost everybody in the universe knows it's been a very long time, and seems most are anxiously awaiting a new Stones album - their first album of originals since 2005!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 20:11 by Hairball.

Date: June 26, 2023 20:16

So it's not an album of covers any more?

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: June 26, 2023 20:18

Photoshooting in NYC

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: June 26, 2023 20:22

Hard to argue now that the new album is forthcoming in the fall.

Date: June 26, 2023 20:44

Thx BlueTurns2Grey!! Something is Coming!!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 26, 2023 20:48

jahisnotdead

Stop and look at what you wrote.

This is an internet forum for fans of a group of senior citizens who are just about spent given their advanced ages.

Someone you don't know in real life, who never even named you, who has never interacted with you negatively before, who went to pains to specify they were picking on behavior and not the individual(s)...

That makes you honestly suicidal?

You need to get away from the internet. Get fresh air. Think about what matters and doesn't in life.

Opinions on a board? Do not matter.

Whether or not your favorite band of octogenarians makes an album you like or hate? Doesn't really matter.

Your mental health and continued existence matters. If you need genuine support with that, you need professionals and not interaction with overzealous fans pretending they're still teenagers who are immune to the passing decades.

Seriously, think about priorities and not arguments with goofball fans (and that is all of us).

Posted by: ARB ()
Date: June 26, 2023 20:49

Anyone else picking up funereal vibes? Black clothes. Rolls Royce with the boys in the back.

Date: June 26, 2023 20:51

Leather jackets and Ronnie in blue. Not really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 20:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 26, 2023 20:53

ARB
Anyone else picking up funereal vibes? Black clothes. Rolls Royce with the boys in the back.

Not really.
I'm picking up cool vibes!

This is the most exciting thing on IORR in over a year!!

Date: June 26, 2023 21:24

Looking forward to Keith's new tune(s) on the album. Maybe he'll do another reggae cover as he's been known to do in the past on solo and Stones albums(Love Overdue, Too Rude, etc.).
After all, a nice cover tune is always welcome on a Stones album filled mostly with original tunes. Whatever the case, anything new from him will be better than the wretched Infamy!
And maybe they can do a cover version of one of Charlies favorite jazz tunes featuring the band and all the special guests...that would be appropriate considering the tribute.
First and foremost though will be enjoying the brand new originals, and if Living in a Ghost Town is anything to go by, not to mention Keith's original tunes on Crosseyed Heart, we might be in for a real treat.
The first new album of originals (along with a quality cover tune or two) since 2005. In other words - many, many years ago...almost two decades ago...it's almost time to rejoice.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 21:26 by Hairball.

Date: June 26, 2023 21:32

Jazz on a Stones record? Come on.

New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 26, 2023 21:32

Thanks, BlueTurns2Grey. And thanks to .backgrid for the image.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 26, 2023 21:46

jahisnotdead
Doxa
So much stupid talk here. Do people have a life?

But a new Stones album, first since BLUE&LONESOME.. Yeah!

- Doxa

Doxa

- Doxa

"The counting boys, 18 years and blah blah are idiots... stupid... spoiled..."

That really hurts.

Obviously you are referring to me and Hairball. I'm insulted that you would call us idiots and stupid. I've never said anything like that to you. You've genuinely hurt my feelings with your comments and made me angry.

There's nothing quite like coming on this forum filled with joy and then being called an idiot fan by other Rolling Stones fans.

I guess our counting is making you and others as hurt and insulted as you're trying to make us feel right now? Is this a correct assessment of the situation?

Yes, my personal preference is for new music over archive releases. I'll take A Bigger Bang over El Mocambo. I enjoy many mediocre Stones songs just as much as I do the big hits, because I love the Rolling Stones. I personally believe writing, recording, and releasing new music is the difference between a vital creative band and a nostalgia act resting on their laurels. That's my own personal preference and opinion and I'm sorry if you and others find those preferences and opinions distasteful.

I love to hear new music from my favorite band. I don't think it's a crime for a fan to want some new music. Someone who was born when A Bigger Bang came out is now getting ready for college. And you're calling us "spoiled"? I'm sorry if you think we're spoiled for wanting to hear more.

I can't believe I'm on a Rolling Stones forum apologizing for wanting more new Rolling Stones music.

I'm not trying to say the Stones are shit, I don't even know where you get that. I'm trying to say that I'm not going to live forever and during my limited time on Earth I'd like to hear as much new Rolling Stones music as I possibly can. Going over a decade between albums is not the way to achieve that goal. I'm not going to lie and say that going a decade between albums makes me happy. Maybe I'm a spoiled brat for wanting more new Rolling Stones albums, but I'm also not going out of my way to insult those of you who love the archive releases. I'm glad you find them satisfying and/or preferable to a new album of new material.

I'm super-glad you all love the archive releases, and I'd like to say for the record that I've never ever come on this forum and given anyone shit for liking them.

This is my own personal perspective and please believe me when I say I'm very sincerely sorry that it offends you and others. I'd give anything to not feel as bad as you've made me feel with your comments.

Getting a new Rolling Stones album makes me feel like a kid on Christmas. Nothing else in the world makes me feel that way at this age. I prefer new music over archives. Sorry, but that is my personal preference. It really hurts for a fan like you to insult fans like me and Hairball and call us spoiled for wanting at least one album of new Jagger/Richards songs every decade. It really, really, really hurts.

This should be a joyous time. Instead, here we are...

Now that was a thing I call response! Thank you for writing all that, as I think you sound sincere with your feelings. And of course I feel sorry for making you feel like that. I apologize (although my comments were not aimed at anyone in particular, but more against this whole tiresome counting movement in general).

I cannot say I am hurt by anyone writing anything here, but what I don't like is people ignoring anything else than what now is called "an album of originals". Like, say, BLUE & LONESOME do not count as a proper Stones album. Or their singles. With that logic, like I argued some dozens of pages ago, nothing the Stones did prior AFTERMATH do not either count, because there was no "albums of originals" before that one. Forget their first three albums and singles like "Satisfaction". Strange fetisse this "album of originals".

Personally I think the distinction you made between "vital, creative band" and "nostalgia act" is something that belongs to last century or at least does not apply to the Stones any longer. They are beyond that now, outlived it. Yeah, I recall the times when those concepts still mattered, and I was thinking things in terms like that. The whole distinction sounds nowadays nostalgic actually. The Stones, like many of their big name contemporaries, all rest on their (incredible) past. That of releasing "albums of originals" or not is pretty semantic thing that changes nothing. That of the Stones having not released an "album of originals" for 18 years and they still are about the biggest concert draw in the world tells something how little importannce such things have for them. Probably that also says something about the album business and its significance in general.

Yeah, of course I am into what Jagger/Richards are up to these days, and yeah, thrilled like a young kid again waiting to hear another new Stones album. That makes me feel nostalgic, you know, going back to the times when albums actually mattered helluva lot. They defined the music world. But the rational side of me knows that those times are long gone. This new album is just a nice bonus. Like everything they have done for a long time.

But hey, let's see who likes the new album more, you or me!

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 22:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 26, 2023 21:57

They look so cool.. the first time we see them together since Berlin last year right?

Date: June 26, 2023 22:06

I like Keith's hat!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 26, 2023 22:18

Hairball
VoodooLounge13

Excellent idea, and it would be great if they did something along these lines.
And being that it's a tribute album to Charlie, maybe his image will grace the cover. Perhaps a silhouette.

For me, I'd prefer the album cover to be something typical for the Stones, but I'd be fine if the back cover was a silhouette of Charlie. That would actually be a really nice touch as well.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...670671672673674675676677678679680...LastNext
Current Page: 675 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2175
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home