Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...665666667668669670671672673674675...LastNext
Current Page: 670 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 16, 2023 22:39

NilsHolgersson
The Stones are probably holding back their new single so it doesn't clash with the new Beatles single that's coming out soon

Nah, they're holding their breath.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 16, 2023 22:59

Keith is quite good at that, these days...no cig. But why not release the singles the same week? A poor leftover against something fresh!? cool smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 17, 2023 09:26

georgelicks
Rumors are of an announcement around Mick's birthday, the record is being mixed at the moment and a mid-November release date is gaining momentum. This is coming from people in the industry.

Around the actual date rather the birthday in itself ? Can't see anything too positive being spun out of "Mick turns 80 and the Stones release a new album". Well I suppose it's no mean feat to still be releasing music that's of interest to people at that age but the Stones have thrived on theirs fans still thinking they're the same age they were when they "discovered" the Stones and the Stones as well. A magical illusion maintained by the high energy shows mostly.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 17, 2023 09:52

Hairball
But while the release of the new Beatles single seems a given, still hesitant to believe there will be a new Stones tune so soon...time will tell...

The new Beatles single is all over the media, I haven't heard of a release date yet but at least it's official that there will be one. The/A potential new Stones single is just our wishful thinking.

Date: June 17, 2023 10:31

georgelicks
Rumors are of an announcement around Mick's birthday, the record is being mixed at the moment and a mid-November release date is gaining momentum. This is coming from people in the industry.

Thx. Mick arrived in NYC 2 days ago [www.dailymail.co.uk] Probably he's planning something with Keith and the band for an upcoming announcement/promotion. We'll see thumbs upcool smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 17, 2023 11:09

Maybe its gonna be a "Mick Jagger 80! with Friends" release like the BB King album. That's why Elton John, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Dua Lipa are on it

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 17, 2023 11:19

It'd better not be ! grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 17, 2023 11:23

georgelicks

With all due respect sir, these insiders rumours/predictions have been delivered to us for many years now and they have been wrong time and again, the album will be released when it's released is the safest prediction at this stage, the industry can't predict Mick and Keith, not even they themselves, how many times have we been told this year, next year.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2023 11:34

Andrew Loog said it best .........

The Rolling Stones are more than just a group - they are a way of life.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 17, 2023 12:53

georgelicks
Thank you for sharing what you've heard.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: June 17, 2023 14:26

What I am tempted to conclude from all this is that the album is not quite as ready for release as it seemed.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: June 17, 2023 14:48

georgelicks

Great! And maybe the first single, when the announcement is made

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 17, 2023 16:17

I wish Mick Jagger´s birthday was tomorrow...80 and still kicking a little bit of ass...smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 17, 2023 17:01

keefriffhards
georgelicks

With all due respect sir, these insiders rumours/predictions have been delivered to us for many years now and they have been wrong time and again, the album will be released when it's released is the safest prediction at this stage, the industry can't predict Mick and Keith, not even they themselves, how many times have we been told this year, next year.

When has Soldatti or mpj200 ever given misinformation?

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: June 17, 2023 18:14

Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards
georgelicks

Probably only when the info changes and even then they usually update their info. accordingly. Rock-solid sources for sure.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 17, 2023 22:55

big4
Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards
georgelicks

Probably only when the info changes and even then they usually update their info. accordingly. Rock-solid sources for sure.

The point I'm making is Mick and Keith change their minds or fall out over the album or decide to start again, it's impossible to predict no matter how reliable the source.
Even Charlie and Ronnie were interviewed and were saying where is the new album in bemusement. This was years ago, how many times had Keith said the album should be ready this year / next year.
Even he doesn't know and I'd say Keith was an insider, a reliable source winking smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 18, 2023 00:40

keefriffhards
big4
Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards
georgelicks

The point I'm making is Mick and Keith change their minds or fall out over the album or decide to start again, it's impossible to predict no matter how reliable the source.
Even Charlie and Ronnie were interviewed and were saying where is the new album in bemusement. This was years ago, how many times had Keith said the album should be ready this year / next year.
Even he doesn't know and I'd say Keith was an insider, a reliable source winking smiley

Apples and oranges. There's a difference between Keith shrugging off an interviewer's question with a tentative "maybe this/next year" while they're still in the recording process or a solid industry info from georgelicks that the album is finally in the mixing stage.

Then there was covid, there was Charlie's passing. Without these major obstacles and incidents I'm pretty sure we would have gotten the album in time for their 60th Anniversary already. But it is what it is. No need for repeated fantasizing about Mick and Keith falling out etc. etc. pp.

Just be patient.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 18, 2023 00:54

Keef the faith ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 18, 2023 01:03

Rockman
Keef the faith ....

Never lost it...

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: June 18, 2023 04:29

retired_dog
keefriffhards
big4
Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards
georgelicks

Apples and oranges. There's a difference between Keith shrugging off an interviewer's question with a tentative "maybe this/next year" while they're still in the recording process or a solid industry info from georgelicks that the album is finally in the mixing stage.

Then there was covid, there was Charlie's passing. Without these major obstacles and incidents I'm pretty sure we would have gotten the album in time for their 60th Anniversary already. But it is what it is. No need for repeated fantasizing about Mick and Keith falling out etc. etc. pp.

Just be patient.

Sage words right there.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 18, 2023 13:20

big4
Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards
georgelicks

A fair, balanced, respectful and sage summary, in my humble opinion, of the situation regarding any new material. We will all have our own thoughts here. Some see hopeful signs all around. Others - and I am one of them- just see the same old, same old, all over again. Are we simply pessimists? Are we defeatist? Or are we protecting ourselves against yet further disappointment? Who knows? And, maybe just as pertinent, who cares? Whatever happens will happen. And will do so regardless of anything we say here.

What saddens me is not the differences of opinion. That is what the thread exists for. Rather it is the rancour, bitterness, disrespect and personal attacks that have featured in many of the exchanges. NOT, I hasten to add, in this set of exchanges over the past 3-4 pages, where different views have been respected. But I saw some deplorable statements and attacks back when the 'new' album appeared to be imminent, at the beginning of this year. I suffered a few myself, but I am unconcerned by them personally. But I saw some other posters being really attacked for simply offering an opinion.

Surely The Stones deserve better than any kind of unpleasantness expressed in relation to their activities. After all, are we all not blessed to have them in our lives? Old, young, new material, or not. New set-lists, or not. More concerts. Or not.

We can all agree on one thing. Can't we? Surely? Please! The Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band IN THE WORLD!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 20, 2023 02:50

NilsHolgersson
Maybe it’s gonna be a "Mick Jagger 80! with Friends" release like the BB King album. That's why Elton John, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Dua Lipa are on it
Doesn’t Keith strongly dislikeElton.Cannot see him playing with Keith on an album.And Ringo isn’t on the rumored album

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 20, 2023 03:22

Taylor1
NilsHolgersson
Maybe it’s gonna be a "Mick Jagger 80! with Friends" release like the BB King album. That's why Elton John, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Dua Lipa are on it
Doesn’t Keith strongly dislikeElton.Cannot see him playing with Keith on an album.And Ringo isn’t on the rumored album

Well Keith will also be permitted on the "Mick Jagger 80! with Friends" release, so there's that.

Date: June 20, 2023 05:11

Is it known whether they (Keith and Elton) have been together in the studio at all? After all, we just learned they were also recording with Charlie without him present.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 20, 2023 05:20

A shame the Ringo rumour didn't pan out to be true considering all the other guests involved.
Seems a missed opportunity imo as he could have contributed some of his genuinely unique and rock solid back beat.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 20, 2023 05:48

Still waiting for official confirmation of the multitude of guests. The source for Elton John also claims Ringo and says Bill was recording with them in Los Angeles. The only confirmed guest we've heard is Paul. Bill, I suppose, could be considered probable, but still unconfirmed.

As for Keith and Elton, that was decades ago when Keith wasn't sober and when he still treated interviews as a chance to be outrageous. His "songs for dead blondes" line was crass and warranted Elton's bitchy response about being "an arthritic monkey." It was the same behavior that led to "tiny todger" and remarking that he snorted his father's ashes. No different than drunken Keith and Ronnie being particularly crude to Sheryl Crow during a Mojo interview discussing her nipples being like radio dials. The same interview where Keith discussed how all of the Stones were addicted to wanking. There was much during those years which went beyond the pale even by Keith's standards. If Elton did play with them recently, chances are good he was pleased to find a sober and infinitely more mature Keith than the one eager to still shock people.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 20, 2023 05:52

Rocky Dijon
Still waiting for official confirmation of the multitude of guests. The source for Elton John also claims Ringo and says Bill was recording with them in Los Angeles. The only confirmed guest we've heard is Paul. Bill, I suppose, could be considered probable, but still unconfirmed.

As for Keith and Elton, that was decades ago when Keith wasn't sober and when he still treated interviews as a chance to be outrageous. His "songs for dead blondes" line was crass and warranted Elton's bitchy response about being "an arthritic monkey." It was the same behavior that led to "tiny todger" and remarking that he snorted his father's ashes. No different than drunken Keith and Ronnie being particularly crude to Sheryl Crow during a Mojo interview discussing her nipples being like radio dials. The same interview where Keith discussed how all of the Stones were addicted to wanking. There was much during those years which went beyond the pale even by Keith's standards. If Elton did play with them recently, chances are good he was pleased to find a sober and infinitely more mature Keith than the one eager to still shock people.

My thoughts exactly and thank you for eloquently encapsulating all of that.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 20, 2023 07:28

I guess at this point the only confirmed guests are Paul McCartney and Ben Waters?

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 20, 2023 08:08

Rocky Dijon

As for Keith and Elton,..

Date: June 20, 2023 09:09

<The source for Elton John also claims Ringo and says Bill was recording with them in Los Angeles>

The source for Elton never mentioned Ringo and said that Bill and Elton recorded with them in London. Check Cristiano's post.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...665666667668669670671672673674675...LastNext
Current Page: 670 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2211
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home