Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...660661662663664665666667668669670...LastNext
Current Page: 665 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 10, 2023 23:27

Maybe they should get Prince Andrew
in to help with a remake of Andrew's Blues ....

Bill would lurv to be there amongst all that rock royalty ....

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-11 03:38 by Rockman.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 10, 2023 23:41

Maybe this new album isn't a "new Rolling Stones" album, but more like a Charlie Watts tribute album like Boogie 4 Stu. Credited to Mick Jagger & Keith Richards & Friends. Then it's like:

Song 1: Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie (Old song they finished in 2020 or 2019 or something)
Song 2: Song with Bill Wyman
Song 3: Song with Paul McCartney
Song 4: Song with Elton John

But then again.. Why would Elton John sing a tribute song to Charlie Watts? Where they friends? Did Charlie's drumming have a huge impact on Elton? I don't know. The idea sounds tacky, not something Mick would want to release I think. Everything he does is always very "cool". He keeps his guard up, no Carpool karaoke stuff like McCartney does

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2023 23:56

Seems they were friends as Elton posted this photo and message the day Charlie passed away:

A very sad day. Charlie Watts was the ultimate drummer. The most stylish of men, and such brilliant company.
My deepest condolences to Shirley, Seraphina and Charlotte. And of course, The Rolling Stones.
- Elton - Aug. 24, 2021

> RIP Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-10 23:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 11, 2023 00:31

I see Mick and Elton duetting on Don't Go Breaking My Heart ...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 11, 2023 00:45

From an interview with British pianist Neil Cowley, published in 9 February, 2023, it looks like the recording with Bill was in London, at Metropolis Studios:

Q: Do you tend to bump into a lot of other artists?

A: “Last week The Rolling Stones were in with Elton John and Bill Wyman was even back in the fold.

[www.musicradar.com]

Date: June 11, 2023 01:05

London makes mch more sense than LA. Still just wondering what "last week" refers to. Is it known when the interview was done?

Date: June 11, 2023 02:13

From an interview with British pianist Neil Cowley, published in 9 February, 2023, it looks like the recording with Bill was in London, at Metropolis Studios:

Q: Do you tend to bump into a lot of other artists?

A: “Last week The Rolling Stones were in with Elton John and Bill Wyman was even back in the fold.

Wait till Tinkerbell over at Rocksoff reads this .... HHHHHaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: June 11, 2023 03:08

I'm not so sure what's so shocking about EJ playing piano on the new album. Elton's always been a fan and Mick has been friend for years with Elton.

Date: June 11, 2023 03:15

Does fold mean with the Stones or just in that studio

Bare in mind Bill may have been working on his own new album ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 11, 2023 04:04

Rockman
Does fold mean with the Stones or just in that studio

The former.

[idioms.thefreedictionary.com]

Date: June 11, 2023 04:26

Fanks johnny ...sometimes i need a lil guidance .... hhhaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 11, 2023 05:10

That country dude, that famous weedsmoker, no boner for 30 years, is one hundred twenty years old... He releases stuff... Country stuff, , @#$%& the women, love your pistol...jessejames, billythekid... great again.. America... My grandfather, also lived for 90 years.. he shoot Russians as a sniper during WW2.. .so what?... My friend, who has this funny, stupid band, they release 3 albums a year.... Neil Young, another no-boner for decades, he releases also about three albums a year... I see lots of wanking competition all over the world.

"but honey, you are no Mick Jagger".

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-11 05:13 by Doxa.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2023 07:07

Doxa
That country dude, that famous weedsmoker, no boner for 30 years, is one hundred twenty years old... He releases stuff... Country stuff, , @#$%& the women, love your pistol...jessejames, billythekid... great again.. America... My grandfather, also lived for 90 years.. he shoot Russians as a sniper during WW2.. .so what?... My friend, who has this funny, stupid band, they release 3 albums a year.... Neil Young, another no-boner for decades, he releases also about three albums a year... I see lots of wanking competition all over the world.

- Doxa

Uh... what's with your "no boner" trip?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 11, 2023 07:12

doitywoik

Lol................

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 11, 2023 08:55

doitywoik

What's the duet with Dolly Parton going to be?

Date: June 11, 2023 09:26

Here You Come Again ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 11, 2023 10:04

Doxa

- Doxa

huh!?eye popping smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 11, 2023 10:49

How’s your head, Doxa? winking smiley

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 11, 2023 10:57

Elton? Didn´t he write Let It Bleed - again - in the eighties? I remember a song with a very familiar chord structure... [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-11 11:02 by Bjorn.

Date: June 11, 2023 12:42

Topi
What's the duet with Dolly Parton going to be?

She and Keith might do Burning The Midnight Oil ...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 11, 2023 13:06

Lizzo could guest, playing the flute. It can be a Brian Jones-like contribution for today’s generation.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 11, 2023 13:09

Doxa

- Doxa

Okay fair enough, but what of Dylan then ? he's had a boner from the very start and still has a boner.winking smiley

The greatest as far as I'm concerned is Dylan, and let's face it when it comes to the Stones it's Keith's boner.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 11, 2023 16:51

Big Al
Lizzo could guest, playing the flute. It can be a Brian Jones-like contribution for today’s generation.

Excellent suggestion, Big Al.

Date: June 11, 2023 18:07

sf37
Big Al

Like, Gomper '23? eye popping smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 11, 2023 18:24

The thing is that an album isn't a big deal anymore: It's all about singles and streaming. So an album from a big artist will have news value a couple of weeks around the actual release; then it will quickly fade away.
Let's hope they have a really good single though, with some staying power.

Date: June 11, 2023 18:44

Legacy acts (like the Stones) have legacy fans & customers (like us) and I would think it's much easier to sell music in a legacy format (like albums) to legacy customers than, say, to 17-year-olds. Also, even if the album won't top the charts for half a year, it will keep selling over the years because of - yes! - legacy customers tend to keep buying albums, be it for themselves or as presents to other people, and are even ready to buy the same album 5 times over.

And coming to think of it, the Stones might even do the Roger Waters thing and record a version of Sticky Fingers or Exile without rock guitars ...

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 11, 2023 20:07

doitywoik
sf37
Big Al

Like, Gomper '23? eye popping smiley

I personally was thinking more in line of a newer "Ruby Tuesday"-type, but sure! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-11 20:22 by sf37.

New York Post: Wyman Reunites with Stones
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: June 10, 2023 15:47

Re: New York Post: Wyman Reunites with Stones
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 10, 2023 16:48

thumbs up if true.

Re: New York Post: Wyman Reunites with Stones
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 10, 2023 16:51

Yeah I just read this elsewhere and came to see...

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Fabulous if it's true. But why would he have to fly to LA for one song? They couldn't find a studio within driving distance?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...660661662663664665666667668669670...LastNext
Current Page: 665 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home