Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...663664665666667668669670671672673...LastNext
Current Page: 668 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 15, 2023 08:53

wish someone could point out the humor ....

Although it was crazy when he pretended to be the Pope ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 15, 2023 09:34

Repetition is a classic comedic device. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-15 09:34 by Topi.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 15, 2023 12:25

So GasLightStreet is Skippy from Sticky Fingers Magazine fame ?

bam
Great clip. I’d never seen it. It does have a ton of energy that didn’t make it to the released recording. Wow.

Yes, the actual Julliard performance was similar, deliciously raw and "garagey", bode well of the upcoming album...and the we got ABB and a ONNYA version that just plods along with watered down guitars. Hard to believe it was the same band TBH.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 15, 2023 18:18

I suspect most of his wind-ups are just that. He enjoys tweaking the noses of people that take things so seriously. Hairball may deny that, but I read a lot of deliberate humor in what he posts.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 15, 2023 19:56

gotdablouse

bam
Great clip. I’d never seen it. It does have a ton of energy that didn’t make it to the released recording. Wow.

Yes, the actual Julliard performance was similar, deliciously raw and "garagey", bode well of the upcoming album...and the we got ABB and a ONNYA version that just plods along with watered down guitars. Hard to believe it was the same band TBH.

The Julliard rendition of Oh No, Not You Again! Is utterly fantastic. I was so excited for the album after watching that. The studio-take just isn’t as good, in my opinion.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 15, 2023 20:58

Big Al
gotdablouse

bam

The Julliard rendition of Oh No, Not You Again! Is utterly fantastic. I was so excited for the album after watching that. The studio-take just isn’t as good, in my opinion.

The release of the studio version was a complete letdown, as was most of the album, and sadly it hasn't aged well at all (imo). Alot of that has to do with production, but the songwriting and musicianship (and Mick's vocals) leave a bit to be desired on so many levels. I actually listened to most of the album yesterday while pondering it might be their last official original album, and while I still enjoy several tunes from it, overall it's a rather weak offering. But eighteen years after the fact, I'd like to think they've had plenty of time to sort things out properly, though there have been many hurdles throughout the process - including the infamous wall.
And of course the terribly sad loss of Charlie who didn't live long enough to see and hear the fruits of his labor being officially released- "I don't know where the new album is, do you"? - Charlie, 2018

As for the very latest news on the "new" album regarding the inclusion of Bill and Elton, it's interesting to note that there has been no official confirmation or denial yet from a Stones spokesperson.
When word spread like wildfire about Macca and Ringo being involved, the spokesperson was quick to step in to clarify everything - Macca was confirmed, while Ringo was unfortunately denied.
So here we are still waiting and wondering with so many unanswered questions to think about. Such as who will be the next rumoured guest? Is Keith still unhappy with Andrew Watt?
When will it be released? Is it even finished? Will it ever be released? Will they decide to just release an occasional single tune every two or three years? All we can do is stay tuned......

Meanwhile, love it or hate it, here's something to contemplate from 18 years ago...

Date: June 15, 2023 21:19

SOL? There's your humor, Rockman!

Date: June 15, 2023 21:46

angee
Do we assume that the "pre-wall" phase had better tunes than the post-wall period, or just more of them? cool smiley

Or wait, are they still at the wrong side of the wall, or have they crossed over/broken through it?

These are a few of my favorite questions, and maybe we'll get some of the answers within the next decade!

Date: June 15, 2023 21:51

No Topi thats not penned by him ....
Looks like Captain Aye Eye put it together for him ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 15, 2023 22:05

Rocky Dijon
I suspect most of his wind-ups are just that. He enjoys tweaking the noses of people that take things so seriously. Hairball may deny that, but I read a lot of deliberate humor in what he posts.

But isn't he the one who takes "things" (the new album for example) so seriously that he obviously feels obliged to post multiple times a day with over the time more or less redundant content? You call it "humour", but for me it smells like narcism!

Date: June 15, 2023 22:08

Lonely people do strange things ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 15, 2023 22:26

and strange people are often lonely, so he lives here full time.

Date: June 15, 2023 22:44

Rockman
Lonely people do strange things ....

Yeah, even Macca said you need to look at them...

Date: June 16, 2023 00:20

We're all "peculiar" at our level of fandom. Humor doesn't mean everyone appreciates it. When anyone repeats something people complain about, they're amused at the reaction and enjoy teasing. You can call it being a troll or a narcissist, but it's really just their sense of humor. There are times, particularly with the duet speculation (the best being Melanie Hamrick) that I've laughed out loud and yes, I'm fairly certain Hairball gets a charge out of getting a rise out of people. Ultimately, if Bjornulf didn't want him here, he'd step in. Like Revvy and the character with the infamous hovercar story some years ago, there are always genuine fans who create an online persona to amuse themselves. Why fight it? Ignore him or recognize that what irritates you is often meant to do just that out of his own unique sense of fun.

Date: June 16, 2023 00:37

Yeah but Revvy has some imagination ...
I bet his mother was a tent-show fortune teller .... HHHHAaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: June 16, 2023 00:58

Revvy did not particularly like me, but I found him an absolute riot and genuinely looked forward to reading his posts.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 16, 2023 01:03

Nikkei
nobody is supposed to hold their breath it's unhealthy especially while wearing a facemask

Absolute state of the patter in here

Date: June 16, 2023 01:40

Rocky Dijon
We're all "peculiar" at our level of fandom. Humor doesn't mean everyone appreciates it. When anyone repeats something people complain about, they're amused at the reaction and enjoy teasing. You can call it being a troll or a narcissist, but it's really just their sense of humor. There are times, particularly with the duet speculation (the best being Melanie Hamrick) that I've laughed out loud and yes, I'm fairly certain Hairball gets a charge out of getting a rise out of people. Ultimately, if Bjornulf didn't want him here, he'd step in. Like Revvy and the character with the infamous hovercar story some years ago, there are always genuine fans who create an online persona to amuse themselves. Why fight it? Ignore him or recognize that what irritates you is often meant to do just that out of his own unique sense of fun.

Who's actually fighting him? What I see here are humorous responses to "his own unique sense of fun" and that's totally fair and in no way intolerant imo.

Date: June 16, 2023 02:42

Considering the Stones' friendship and mutual admiration with Bob Dylan, and the fact he has performed with them live, wondering if he has ever been considered for a guest spot on the "new" Stones album? While the Stones tend to butcher Like a Rolling Stone in a live setting, Dylan has performed Brown Sugar rather nicely. Maybe they could work something out in the studio and come up with a new and original winner.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 16, 2023 03:47

Hairball
Considering the Stones' friendship and mutual admiration with Bob Dylan, and the fact he has performed with them live, wondering if he has ever been considered for a guest spot on the "new" Stones album? While the Stones tend to butcher Like a Rolling Stone in a live setting, Dylan has performed Brown Sugar rather nicely. Maybe they could work something out in the studio and come up with a new and original winner.

EXCELLENT! I've got the song too!

"Stuck Inside of the Rolling Stones With The Black & Blues Again".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-16 03:47 by treaclefingers.

Date: June 16, 2023 03:56

If we were to think of this as a professional sports team, I'd happily trade out Macca and Elton for Dylan and Bill in a heartbeat. I'd also pay the maximum amount to bring Mick Taylor back to the team
Dua Lipa is also a keeper in my book if indeed her involvement is true, and the same with Stevie Wonder (and maybe even Dolly Parton), but not so sure about Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift....or Ozzy.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: June 16, 2023 04:31

happy Friday i guess we will wait to September to see if this final cd
arrives.i do think every day is a blessing kinda thinking..i hope the stones get the time to enjoy their families..yes i hope we get 50 tracks

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 16, 2023 06:45

Hairball
If we were to think of this as a professional sports team, I'd happily trade out Macca and Elton for Dylan and Bill in a heartbeat. I'd also pay the maximum amount to bring Mick Taylor back to the team
Dua Lipa is also a keeper in my book if indeed her involvement is true, and the same with Stevie Wonder (and maybe even Dolly Parton), but not so sure about Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift....or Ozzy.

I’d keep Taylor if only for her incredible songwriting ability. Every time I hear Anti-Hero I’m amazed at the words she uses and rhymes. It even puts MJ/KR in the prime to shame.

Date: June 16, 2023 06:48

Hairball

What about Bruce Springsteen?

Date: June 16, 2023 07:10

VoodooLounge13
Hairball

I’d keep Taylor if only for her incredible songwriting ability. Every time I hear Anti-Hero I’m amazed at the words she uses and rhymes. It even puts MJ/KR in the prime to shame.

Taylor Swift's songwriting ability puts MJ/KR in their prime to shame? Whoa.........
Admittedly, I don't know much about her songwriting ability other than the fact she's had about 100 #1 hits in recent years, and has sold billions of records.
I guess that would be reason enough for Mick and the Stones to jump on the Swift bandwagon as she would provide the recipe for instant $uccess with the younger crowd.

treaclefingers
Hairball

EXCELLENT! I've got the song too!

"Stuck Inside of the Rolling Stones With The Black & Blues Again".

Also: "Can't Your Hear Me Knock, Knock, Knocking on Heaven's Door"

Date: June 16, 2023 08:04

What about Kanye ...
hes about the only one not rumored to be on thee album

ROCKMAN

Date: June 16, 2023 08:06

Revvy did not particularly like me, but I found him an absolute riot and genuinely looked forward to reading his posts.

I wouldnt worry tooo much about that Bill ....
He only likes one person ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 16, 2023 09:45

According to the press Bill Wyman punched Mick Jagger in the studio, in LA
Sorry, I’m not able to upload the link…

Date: June 16, 2023 09:47

Dude...that was in Madhouse Magazine...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-16 09:55 by Topi.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 16, 2023 09:47

madhousemagazine.com wmgk.com

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...663664665666667668669670671672673...LastNext
Current Page: 668 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home