Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...662663664665666667668669670671672...LastNext
Current Page: 667 of 704
Re: New York Post: Wyman Reunites with Stones
Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 11, 2023 21:01

“Will be a long wait then, since this is page 2.”

No, because this will likely be merged by bv into the new album thread soon.

Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 12, 2023 08:05

Stoneage
The thing is that an album isn't a big deal anymore: It's all about singles and streaming. So an album from a big artist will have news value a couple of weeks around the actual release; then it will quickly fade away.
Let's hope they have a really good single though, with some staying power.

Albums are very much a big deal. How the artist/band engages with its fanbase still largely impacts the success of a release. The quality of an album still matters. Even album reviews still matter.

Look at these numbers and say albums don't matter:

2022 LPs released:

Alternative Rock (241)
Ambient (500)
Art Pop (270)
Black Metal (419)
Classical (422)
Dance (269)
Death Metal (324)
Electronic (1947)
Electronic Dance Music (618)
Folk (298)
Hardcore Punk (470)
Hip Hop (2101)
House (335)
Indie Pop (298)
Indie Rock (393)
Metal (1580)
Metalcore (380)
Pop (1304)
Pop Rap (382)
Psychedelic (250)
R&B (376)
Rock (1307)
Techno (272)
Trap (812)
Western Classical Music (258)

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 14, 2023 01:18

What countries does this list represent? States only?

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 14, 2023 01:32

Only Paul McCartney, Bill Wyman, Ringo Starr and Mick Taylor can save this "New Album" at this point.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 14, 2023 03:26

Bungo
Only Paul McCartney, Bill Wyman, Ringo Starr and Mick Taylor can save this "New Album" at this point.

Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor would be a great addition.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 14, 2023 05:25

Sometimes I come here and think I'm one of the few looking forward to seeing what Jagger-Richards songwriting is like at this late date, what I think of the vocals or the guitars or the harmonica. I try not to get too excited by the brief snippets they post that make me think it might be a great album for this late date. I try to remind myself that all that matters is the potential for guest stars and that it's been 78 months since BLUE AND LONESOME was released and look at how many more albums and tours I expect I'll make when I'm in my seventies.

Date: June 14, 2023 05:48

doitywoik

I didn't look at that. I'm not sure. I took it as a totality. I'll dig around and see.

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: June 14, 2023 06:01

I’m with Rocky Dijon on this all the way!!! Cannot wait to hear this! Want it yesterday! However it comes!

Date: June 14, 2023 06:02

Rocky Dijon
Sometimes I come here and think I'm one of the few looking forward to seeing what Jagger-Richards songwriting is like at this late date, what I think of the vocals or the guitars or the harmonica. I try not to get too excited by the brief snippets they post that make me think it might be a great album for this late date. I try to remind myself that all that matters is the potential for guest stars and that it's been 78 months since BLUE AND LONESOME was released and look at how many more albums and tours I expect I'll make when I'm in my seventies.

I don't get excited about the brief snippets, even the one that sounds like a modern day Midnight Rambler from whenever that was. A lot like when I saw video of Mick, Keith and Charlie recording Oh No Not You Again and how it had the energy of SOME GIRLS - cool. It didn't translate to the album but whatever.

In regard to guest spots... the Stones have been, post-1983, anyway, so late to the current party regarding what's going on that having guest stars - if Lady Gaga were to guest hopefully it would be for her talent and not because she's a huge star - and that it would be a meaningful artistic collaboration.

If it's to sell records, well, Mick has not been paying enough attention: those days are over. Yeah yeah records (in whatever format) still sell but the big sales numbers have essentially been over with for 15 or more years.

Perhaps a bit odd to look at it this way but I don't blame streaming in regard to how artists/bands (don't) get paid - it's people and their attitude towards music. "The people" allowed it to become an entitled position, certainly aided by technology and record labels that, to this day, some, are still stuck in some kind of late 1980s/mid 1990s point of view.

SUPER DELUXE!!!!

Ok. It makes sense with The Beatles. Maybe a few others like Bob Marley and, critically slammed, Led Zeppelin (and, of course, albeit weakly, The Rolling Stones).

It is what it is.

If the Bill Wyman info is true, cool, but I essentially doubt it, even though the position of where it was possibly done makes sense. Has he said anything? I haven't seen anything, it's all been 5th and 8th party news.

Meanwhile time is apparently still on the Stones' side somehow.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2023 06:52

I think it's a shame we haven't released more new music. So, I would hope we're going to release some music - Mick, Dec 2018

Living in a Ghost Town was new, original, and absolutely great in every way imo, but hopefully we don't have to wait for another pandemic before they release another new tune.
Not looking forward to this thread title being changed to 2024, but it seems inevitable after the numerous times it's been changed since the thread began way back in 2016 over seven years ago.
To be on the safe side, the title of the thread should just be New Stones album some day...and add a question mark at the end of it.

Don't hold your breath - Mick, April 2020

Date: June 14, 2023 14:44

GasLightStreet
doitywoik

I didn't look at that. I'm not sure. I took it as a totality. I'll dig around and see.

I just thought that worldwide (i.e. all releases in all countries) the numbers might even be higher.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 14, 2023 15:25

GasLightStreet

I don't get excited about the brief snippets, even the one that sounds like a modern day Midnight Rambler from whenever that was. A lot like when I saw video of Mick, Keith and Charlie recording Oh No Not You Again and how it had the energy of SOME GIRLS - cool. It didn't translate to the album but whatever.

Wait, what video "of Mick, Keith and Charlie recording Oh No Not You Again" ? Are you thinking of the Julliard performance maybe ? That was indeed pretty raw and exciting...unlike the album version. Or was there some kind of documentary I've forgotten about ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 14, 2023 15:27

Maybe this one?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 14, 2023 17:01

Great clip. I’d never seen it. It does have a ton of energy that didn’t make it to the released recording. Wow.

Date: June 14, 2023 17:07

But Ronnie is there, too, so Skippy might be thinking of a different clip?

Date: June 14, 2023 18:54

gotdablouse
GasLightStreet

Wait, what video "of Mick, Keith and Charlie recording Oh No Not You Again" ? Are you thinking of the Julliard performance maybe ? That was indeed pretty raw and exciting...unlike the album version. Or was there some kind of documentary I've forgotten about ?

I remember a clip that looked like a studio rehearsal (but can't locate it on YT).

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: June 14, 2023 19:07

That looks like the rehearsal for tour announcement at Juilliard.

Doesn’t sound much different than recording, which has plenty of energy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-14 19:08 by MelBelli.

Date: June 14, 2023 19:53

Little did we know at the time of it's release that A Bigger Bang might have been the very last Stones album of original material ever. Had we known then what we know now, the album might have been better appreciated.
Evidently they've been working on another one for many years now with tentative plans to release it some time in the future, but hard to say if it's the near future, the distant future, or if they'll even release it at all.

Date: June 14, 2023 20:31

> Bigger Bang ...

Let's hope the new one will be more than a minor fizzle...

Just wondering how many tunes from the pre-wall phase will be on the new album (yet we will possibly never really learn). I was always hesitant to believe that they scrapped a full album and started all over but I can't escape the feeling that they could already have released an album (of originals) in 2017 and still could release a new one now.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 14, 2023 21:08

Hairball
Little did we know at the time of it's release that A Bigger Bang might have been the very last Stones album of original material ever. Had we known then what we know now, the album might have been better appreciated.
Evidently they've been working on another one for many years now with tentative plans to release it some time in the future, but hard to say if it's the near future, the distant future, or if they'll even release it at all.

Why do you doubt it will be released at all?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 14, 2023 22:11

If you can be bothered to check Topi ....
He just repeats the same thing over & over ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 14, 2023 22:28

ONNYA - very strange live, and has NOT the energy you find on the record. That´s how I see it. Or hear it. Why is Keith not playing power chords in the chorus? Nooo, he gives the audience his take on the melody, with one string! Thank you Jesus, thank you lord. cool smiley

Date: June 14, 2023 22:35

doitywoik
> Bigger Bang ...

Let's hope the new one will be more than a minor fizzle...

Just wondering how many tunes from the pre-wall phase will be on the new album (yet we will possibly never really learn). I was always hesitant to believe that they scrapped a full album and started all over but I can't escape the feeling that they could already have released an album (of originals) in 2017 and still could release a new one now.

The mythical "pre-wall phase"...smiling smiley...maybe some day we'll hear some of it!

Date: June 15, 2023 00:02

Yeah, our grandchildren will write theses about it, trying to find out what really happened back then! And one day some digital archaeologist will excavate a harddisk with a Stone sticker from a stratum of debris (remains of bricks from the wall after they hit it) and struggle to crack the encryption ... winking smiley

Date: June 15, 2023 00:07

Rockman

Don't we all in some way or other, after all those years?

Maybe bv should award a prize for the next post that is totally original and discusses things about the new album that have never been discussed (or even mentioned) before! winking smiley

Date: June 15, 2023 00:22

doitywoik
Yeah, our grandchildren will write theses about it, trying to find out what really happened back then! And one day some digital archaeologist will excavate a harddisk with a Stone sticker from a stratum of debris (remains of bricks from the wall after they hit it) and struggle to crack the encryption ... winking smiley

Lol...the only real clue they'll be able to extract will be the infamous quote from Mick...

"Don't hold your breath"...

winking smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 15, 2023 00:40

nobody is supposed to hold their breath it's unhealthy especially while wearing a facemask

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 15, 2023 02:24

Do we assume that the "pre-wall" phase had better tunes than the post-wall period, or just more of them? cool smiley

Or wait, are they still at the wrong side of the wall, or have they crossed over/broken through it?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-15 02:27 by angee.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 15, 2023 07:03

Rockman

He does, but where did all the "hope"/"hoping so"/"hopefully" go? winking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 15, 2023 07:16

It'll be back. Hairball isn't all Doom and Gloom. There is an awful lot of humor in his posts even when he's hitting the wall over and over again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...662663664665666667668669670671672...LastNext
Current Page: 667 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home