Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...507508509510511512513514515516517...LastNext
Current Page: 512 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 18, 2022 01:25

bye bye johnny

Without a direct link to the purported Daily Star article, those comments remain apocryphal no matter how many websites repeat them.

This Daily Star seems a bit ominous too since the Keith-Interview couldn't be found there. Maybe it was only 'internally' available from News-agencies?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 18, 2022 04:06

Hairball
"If we go out on tour, we gotta do a record. It shows you are an actual functioning rock band.
I don't want to be one of those bands that just does hits".

- Mick Jagger, 2005

LOL

The Beach Boys! Remember when he went there?

Date: March 18, 2022 04:12

ProfessorWolf
KRiffhard
[www.list.co.uk]

Tyrone Wood said: "I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good."

"It was just before Christmas that we started doing a new album. Then we went and did shows in South America, so we're still very much on. I can't say much but there are a lot of different things on this album" MJ

"That’s in the can – although it might be a surprise to people, and I can’t say any more than that right now" KR

It seems to me that in 2016 this new album was basically ready.
Then who knows what happened.

so they completed and shelved an album in 2016 before starting from scratch in 2019?

so your telling me there last album with charlie was shelved?

mick just release that and keep working your "great" album

we don't care if its dirty work volume 2 at this point just gives us something until you finish the other album

Looks like you're misinterpreting things. "That's in the can" doesn't mean the album, just what they did. Obviously they continued working on the album.

Don't take something older than newer to make it seem reality to fit what you think happened.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 18, 2022 12:58

bye bye johnny
Exclusive: Stones Plan to Record With New Drummer Steve Jordan

Keith Richards talks about the making of his newly reissued solo classic ‘Main Offender’ and much more on Rolling Stone Music Now

By Brian Hiatt
March 17, 2022

Richards reveals that reports of Charlie Watts finishing work on the Stones’ long-in-the-works next studio album before his death are false — and that they plan to finish the album with Watts’ replacement, Steve Jordan. “We do have a lot of stuff of Charlie Watts still in the can,” he says. “We were halfway through making an album when he died… Of course, if we want to carry on recording, we’re gonna need drums, and it’s gonna be Steve Jordan.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

--

Full podcast > [cms.megaphone.fm]

That's a funny comment by Keith, as it was him who talked about us not having heard the last of Charlie yet.

“We were halfway through making an album" has meanwhile become a familiar phrase.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 18, 2022 13:01

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
KRiffhard
[www.list.co.uk]

Tyrone Wood said: "I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good."

"It was just before Christmas that we started doing a new album. Then we went and did shows in South America, so we're still very much on. I can't say much but there are a lot of different things on this album" MJ

"That’s in the can – although it might be a surprise to people, and I can’t say any more than that right now" KR

so they completed and shelved an album in 2016 before starting from scratch in 2019?

we don't care if its dirty work volume 2 at this point just gives us something until you finish the other album

Looks like you're misinterpreting things. "That's in the can" doesn't mean the album, just what they did. Obviously they continued working on the album.

Don't take something older than newer to make it seem reality to fit what you think happened.

your probably right

but i thought i read here that they decided to start the album over in 2019

and then i read kriffhard's post of quotes above and came to the conclusion that they had finished an album in 2016 then decided to not release it and started work again from scratch

yes i guess it would defiy logic to assume that's what happened

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 18, 2022 13:32

ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
KRiffhard
[www.list.co.uk]

your probably right

and then i read kriffhard's post of quotes above and came to the conclusion that they had finished an album in 2016 then decided to not release it and started work again from scratch

yes i guess it would defiy logic to assume that's what happened

I lean on thinking that it was the surprising success of BLUE & LONESOME that moved their plans. Them, and the record company, thinking like 'yeah, that was not something we were planning, but that turned out to be the album from those sessions after-all.' Also around the time of its release, and them promoting it, there were some interesting comments by both Mick and Keith of how the album actually might affect on the possible album of originals. Keith commented something like' let'see how this album does, and it might affect on Mick's idea of the new album'. But also Mick said something to the effect that probably they should use its way of recording as a model for the album of originals (I recall speculating about what these odd remarks really meant like at the time).

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-18 13:35 by Doxa.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 18, 2022 19:59

Before the SIXTY tour starts they should at least be able to release a compilation album with 60 years of big hits and 2 or 3 new tracks..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2022 20:16

doitywoik
bye bye johnny

Keith Richards talks about the making of his newly reissued solo classic ‘Main Offender’ and much more on Rolling Stone Music Now

By Brian Hiatt
March 17, 2022

Richards reveals that reports of Charlie Watts finishing work on the Stones’ long-in-the-works next studio album before his death are false — and that they plan to finish the album with Watts’ replacement, Steve Jordan. “We do have a lot of stuff of Charlie Watts still in the can,” he says. “We were halfway through making an album when he died… Of course, if we want to carry on recording, we’re gonna need drums, and it’s gonna be Steve Jordan.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

--

That's a funny comment by Keith, as it was him who talked about us not having heard the last of Charlie yet.

“We were halfway through making an album" has meanwhile become a familiar phrase.

Yes, I recall him blaming the pandemic for the lack a new album...to paraphrase "we were getting together working on it, and then the damn pandemic put everything to a halt".
On the bright side, at least the pandemic inspired them to put out Ghost Town.

Wondering if they'll ever get past the halfway point, and if they can't maybe they could simply release a one sided album....or an EP....a mini-cd with only six tracks...that might be expecting too much though.

NilsHolgersson
Before the SIXTY tour starts they should at least be able to release a compilation album with 60 years of big hits and 2 or 3 new tracks..

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-18 20:17 by Hairball.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 18, 2022 20:34

“Wondering if they’ll ever get past the halfway point.”
—- An example of Zeno’s Paradox in the 21st Century!

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 18, 2022 21:21

While I do not count on a new album, I have to say, either way there is exitement building up for this tour. Last time I have been very pleased by these blues numbers in the set and Sympathy as an opener! I am sure there will be surprises, even more so now that it's not the No Filter theme anymore.

Date: March 18, 2022 22:09

ProfessorWolf

Wether they did or not we don't know, they never said anything to that effect (as far as I recall). There just were reports of the odd recording session here or there, like, Keith in the studio for a day or two, Mick and Ronnie in the Studio, Mick and Kith in the studio, all of them in LA, and so on and so forth, and the odd comment like going great, we created something that did not exist before, don't hold your breath, etc.

That they may have started over in 2019 was a rather recent speculation by Doxa. And who knows, they may even have started over several times over the years. Maybe they will say a few things about the evolution of the album once it's released and they are doing their interview rounds. Right now all we get is generic morale-boosting statements, even though on the whole they presently sound more optimistic than a few years back.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 19, 2022 12:07

doitywoik
ProfessorWolf

Wether they did or not we don't know, they never said anything to that effect (as far as I recall). There just were reports of the odd recording session here or there, like, Keith in the studio for a day or two, Mick and Ronnie in the Studio, Mick and Kith in the studio, all of them in LA, and so on and so forth, and the odd comment like going great, we created something that did not exist before, don't hold your breath, etc.

That they may have started over in 2019 was a rather recent speculation by Doxa. And who knows, they may even have started over several times over the years. Maybe they will say a few things about the evolution of the album once it's released and they are doing their interview rounds. Right now all we get is generic morale-boosting statements, even though on the whole they presently sound more optimistic than a few years back.

ok thanks that clears up some of my confusion

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 20, 2022 02:29

One thing is for sure. There is more talk about the POSSIBILITY of a new album, than there will be about any album that might actually appear.

What a great way to keep fans talking about the band...

Date: March 20, 2022 14:23

I think it is the "unfinished" half of the album they have completed.

It sounds like there is a "glimmer" of hope (no pun intended) that we may get something released soon.

Probably another greatest hits album with a few new songs and not all new material.

Date: March 20, 2022 15:53

The way I understood it the tour comes first and only after the tour they intend to check up on the album-to-be. In other terms, lots of room for further delays ...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 20, 2022 20:03

Good luck to them. Jordan on drums, Keith on bass. Might be a better rhythm section than they've had in some time.

Date: March 20, 2022 20:23

doitywoik
The way I understood it the tour comes first and only after the tour they intend to check up on the album-to-be. In other terms, lots of room for further delays ...

As if the album-to-be has a life of it's own, and has possibly evolved all by itself...lol...
Hopefully it hasn't devolved - back to zero.

Date: March 20, 2022 20:27

Hairball
doitywoik

As if the album-to-be has a life of it's own, and has possibly evolved all by itself...lol...

Oh, it has (over here at least...) smileys with beer

Date: March 20, 2022 20:31

doitywoik
Hairball
doitywoik

Oh, it has (over here at least...) smileys with beer

smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 20, 2022 21:46

"Tour first, then the album" has been the favored line for a number of years now. It's best to think of the album as something the pensioners mess around with in their shop in the basement for a few hours every once in a while to keep their minds and hands active. For all we know, there is a plan with Universal not to release it until there is likely to be a surge of interest from the general public. 60 won't be 50 and Counting again and 50 and Counting was certainly no 40 Licks. There's really only one upsurge left if they're not interested in including a free download with each ticket. They're never going to do that outside of a North American tour and quite simply don't like the business model just to say they had one more #1 album that went platinum.

Date: March 21, 2022 04:49

doitywoik
bye bye johnny

By Brian Hiatt
March 17, 2022

[www.rollingstone.com]

--

You're taking what Keith said out of context.

Date: March 21, 2022 05:03

Rocky Dijon
"Tour first, then the album" has been the favored line for a number of years now. It's best to think of the album as something the pensioners mess around with in their shop in the basement for a few hours every once in a while to keep their minds and hands active. For all we know, there is a plan with Universal not to release it until there is likely to be a surge of interest from the general public. 60 won't be 50 and Counting again and 50 and Counting was certainly no 40 Licks. There's really only one upsurge left if they're not interested in including a free download with each ticket. They're never going to do that outside of a North American tour and quite simply don't like the business model just to say they had one more #1 album that went platinum.

Absurd, I know, but watch them hook up with that bizarreness of Elon Musk and release...something through satellites.

Although I doubt Mick would take such a moron seriously.

UMe will release the supposed new album when it supposedly comes out on every possible platform and media form for downloading (buying) and streaming.

Adds online, in Google, Twitter, TikTok, FaceBook and whatever else, for the SIXTY tour (and as we mostly expect, another goddamn greatest hits comp), obviously if they get the album ready before the 2022 summer.

Date: March 21, 2022 06:04

The tour starts in the beginning of June and we're in the latter half of March now. If they really want the album out before the tour there's not much time left.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 21, 2022 06:58

doitywoik
The tour starts in the beginning of June and we're in the latter half of March now. If they really want the album out before the tour there's not much time left.

And if the El Mocambo release comes out within the next couple months they'd be competing with themselves. Maybe they'll put out a single with Jordan on drums to solidify that these are the 'new' Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-21 06:59 by 24FPS.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 22, 2022 00:15

doitywoik
bye bye johnny

By Brian Hiatt
March 17, 2022

[www.rollingstone.com]

--

I don't see what is strange. It sounds like it is true that we haven't heard the last from Charlie AND it is true that the album isn't done (i.e. Charlie didn't finish the album with them) and so it sounds like they plan to finish the album with Steve. It all seems to track, at least from those quotes.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 22, 2022 00:19

Everytime this thread comes up, before I read I hope the Stones teased the new album on their instagram pages with a release date

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 22, 2022 06:26

NIls, you are an optimistic fellow, eh?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 22, 2022 10:44

It DOES sound a tad more hopeful at present. In numbers I'm around 20% hopeful - as opposed to my usual 10% - that SOMETHING will actually emerge. Thought precisely what that 'something' is I'm not sure. It might be a new album. It might be a another greatest hits collection with a few odds and ends - maybe a new single - tagged on. It might be a revamped, re-polished, mash-up of half-finished bits and pieces that were abandoned ten years ago. It's impossible to say for sure.

Yes there are all kinds of quotes flying about. Some of which have been accurately reported. Others which have not. In the end whatever will be, will be. I don't know whether to get excited or not. We have been round this particular ring-road before. Many times. Maybe too many times. Maybe I need to have more faith?

Date: March 22, 2022 11:50

...and just in case we lose perspective on what the vast majority of Rolling Stones fans REALLY want to buy, good ol' Hot Rocks has crept back into the Billboard 200 Albums again today. Its 375th week overall on that particular chart.

It is a constant reminder - as if we needed one - that it really is the Big Hits (and Fazed Cookies!) that the vast majority want to hear. Over and over and over...

It is also a reminder of the challenge The Stones face in bringing anything different, or new, to market. Even Tattoo You, with Start Me Up on board and a decent number of additional tracks from the vaults added on, made barely an indentation on either the US or UK album charts. Achieving a mere single week on each chart. A stark indication of the likely apathy than any new release will encounter from all - except those of us who qualify as hardcore fans.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 22, 2022 12:17

Maybe release an LIVE EP from the last NO FILTER leg and throw in a couple new tracks. Just an idea

1. Street Fighting Man
2. Shattered
3. Tumbling Dice
4. 19th Nervous Breakdown
5. New Track
6. New Track

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...507508509510511512513514515516517...LastNext
Current Page: 512 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50