Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...484485486487488489490491492493494...LastNext
Current Page: 489 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 16, 2021 07:46

GasLightStreet
HA HA y'all... and putting guitar tracks in a bottle to be thrown into the Atlantic...

I guess he in fact did that. The bottle ended up with Sting ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 16, 2021 09:05

jahisnotdead
Doesn't Mick live in the USA too?

For as ever long as his work visa allows him to? Not really sure how that works but that seems... logical. Whut, 90 days, innit?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 16, 2021 09:41

GasLightStreet
jahisnotdead

For as ever long as his work visa allows him to? Not really sure how that works but that seems... logical. Whut, 90 days, innit?

Unlike Keith and Ronnie, it doesn’t seem as if Mick has a home; one minute he’s in France; the next Italy or London. He’s the perennial wanderer. I wouldn’t imagine he pays taxes anywhere.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 16, 2021 10:50

Big Al
GasLightStreet
jahisnotdead

Unlike Keith and Ronnie, it doesn’t seem as if Mick has a home; one minute he’s in France; the next Italy or London. He’s the perennial wanderer. I wouldn’t imagine he pays taxes anywhere.

a wandering spiritgrinning smiley

(sorry couldn't resist)

Date: December 16, 2021 11:54

Mick's a man of many homes.

Date: December 16, 2021 12:00

doitywoik
Mick's a man of many homes.

and women grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 16, 2021 12:08

Born to be a Rolling Stone...

- Doxa

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 17, 2021 18:39

Maybe the stuff they have recorded will see the light of day after the band cease to exist.I beginning to think this might happen.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 17, 2021 19:17

Another album in 2017 ?
pgs. 1 - 67
67 PAGES TOTAL

Another album in 2018 ?
pgs. 67 - 207
141 PAGES TOTAL

Interest in a new Stones studio album seems to have peaked going into 2019 ...

New Stones album for 2019 ?
pgs.207 - 400
194 PAGES TOTAL

New Stones album for 2020 ?
pgs.400 - 464
65 PAGES TOTAL

New Stones album for 2021 ?
Pgs. 464 - 486
23 PAGES TOTAL

New Stones album for 2022 ?
Pgs. 486 - 489
ONLY 3 PAGES SO FAR ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-17 19:19 by schillid.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: December 17, 2021 19:25

schillid

Another album in 2017 ?
pgs. 1 - 67
67 PAGES TOTAL

Another album in 2018 ?
pgs. 67 - 207
141 PAGES TOTAL

Interest in a new Stones studio album seems to have peaked going into 2019 ...

New Stones album for 2019 ?
pgs.207 - 400
194 PAGES TOTAL

New Stones album for 2020 ?
pgs.400 - 464
65 PAGES TOTAL

New Stones album for 2021 ?
Pgs. 464 - 486
23 PAGES TOTAL

Pgs. 486 - 489
ONLY 3 PAGES SO FAR ...

We need more analytics like this at IORR!smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 17, 2021 19:48

If there's a bright side to all this, they've released one original new tune (yay), and have also spent precious time digging up rejects and polishing them up for Deluxe releases - some are ok/average, others are still rejects.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 18, 2021 01:26

Hairball
If there's a bright side to all this, they've released one original new tune (yay), and have also spent precious time digging up rejects and polishing them up for Deluxe releases - some are ok/average, others are still rejects.

Philosophically, but not technically.

But the real bright side to this is that in the past 10 years, they gave us considerably more studio recordings than in those 20 years before - technically of course, not philosophically.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-18 04:02 by retired_dog.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 18, 2021 01:43

Yeah no doubt as I'm just now getting caught up listening to the Wembley set from the new Tattoo You release...man, I can't keep up.

Date: December 18, 2021 02:29

schillid

Pgs. 486 - 489
ONLY 3 PAGES SO FAR ...

Well, the thread title was changed to 2022 only two weeks ago, gives us time to breathe! winking smiley

Date: December 18, 2021 02:39

retired_dog
Hairball

Philosphically, but not technically.

But the real bright side to this is that in the past 10 years, they gave us considerably more studio recordings than in those 20 years before - technically of course, not philosophically.

LOL spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I guess the rejects that did not make it onto one of the reissue CDs will finally end up on the new album - apart from a few ones they save for the 70 NICKS compilation that will be released a year later ...

Date: December 18, 2021 03:47

doitywoik
schillid

Pgs. 486 - 489
ONLY 3 PAGES SO FAR ...

Well, the thread title was changed to 2022 only two weeks ago, gives us time to breathe! winking smiley

Wait until the next Keith or Mick interview when they say things like "working on it"..."coming along nicely"..."almost there"..."we're heading back to the studio next month"...
That will guarantee another 10-12 pages of speculation including possible song titles, album titles, and cover artwork/design ideas.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 18, 2021 03:51

Lol

Date: December 18, 2021 06:36

Big Al
GasLightStreet
jahisnotdead

Mick, like the rest, likely pays taxes in the US per state while on tour - just like any of the 4 major professional sports teams' players do.

Just a guess. I really don't know.

Date: December 18, 2021 06:37

stargroover
Maybe the stuff they have recorded will see the light of day after the band cease to exist.I beginning to think this might happen.

You may be more right than you think.

Date: December 18, 2021 08:14

One might think that (Covid aside) now that touring becomes more strenuous for them they might spend more time in the studio creating new music but I don't really see that coming.

Date: December 18, 2021 09:00

Releasing the material they have recorded after the band ceases to exist may well be the best option.It takes the pressure off in many ways.The expectations are so high for a quality album.I think they are apprehensive about releasing a sub standard body of work as their last album as a working band.Also their creative juices as the Glimmers has clearly dried up.On top of that they prefer to focus their energies on lucrative touring.
Doing a Springsteen and selling their entire catalogue along with their final recordings may well happen.
It’s a real shame and a tragedy in many ways that the Glimmers struggle to write together anymore.As individuals their talents as song writers are still there,as evidenced by solo stuff and rare latter day Stones tunes.I think the answer is Ronnie Wood ,I am sure as a third collaborator he could kick start the Glimmers into action.Jagger/Richards/Wood compositions would be a way forward.Mr Wood has so much to offer,creativity wise and a barrel of energy and enthusiasm to boot.
Let’s hope they act soon before it’s all too late.And we just get a latter day album released after their demise,entitled the album that never was.

Date: December 19, 2021 05:56

stargroover
Doing a Springsteen and selling their entire catalogue along with their final recordings may well happen.

While this might be envisageable for Mick and Keith (in case they could agree on it) one question arising here is what about Ronnie and the handful of Jagger/Richards/Woods songs.

Also, the way I understand the (reports on) the deals that Dylan, Young, Springsteen and others made, this concerns only existing/published songs but not songs that have not yet been written (or published), so in principle it should not concern the making of new album.

What all these deals will certainly do is encourage the respective companies to lobby for a legislation that extends copyrights ad infinitum, lest they lose a lot of dough.

Date: December 19, 2021 06:29

I searched for it but couldn't find what I recall reading that Mick commented on Dylan selling his catalog that was basically, Nah, we've worked to maintain control of our catalog.

They don't control any of their catalog from 1964 through Sweet Virginia, Loving Cup, All Down The Line and Shine A Light from EXILE so it may not be nearly as lucrative as it seems.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 19, 2021 16:05

Almost 500 pages of nothing...Almost 17 years without a new album of originals...& Counting

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: December 19, 2021 18:17

doitywoik
stargroover

While this might be envisageable for Mick and Keith (in case they could agree on it) one question arising here is what about Ronnie and the handful of Jagger/Richards/Woods songs.

Also, the way I understand the (reports on) the deals that Dylan, Young, Springsteen and others made, this concerns only existing/published songs but not songs that have not yet been written (or published), so in principle it should not concern the making of new album.

What all these deals will certainly do is encourage the respective companies to lobby for a legislation that extends copyrights ad infinitum, lest they lose a lot of dough.

I don't understand aspects of those deals.
Which of 'my' rights as an artist are sold? Which do I keep?

I have income from
air play - hard copies - streamings - maybe even copyright on merchandise (?!)

because I am
performer - composer - owner of publishing rights

Anyway, my impression is that all artists that have done those deals are 'empty' or have no confidence in themselves regarding further releases.
Wouldn't that would be a good indicator as the Stones don't do it (yet)?!

Date: December 19, 2021 19:08

For such a deal to be worthwhile for an artist, the artist must assume that the deal will give him/her (and perhaps his/her heirs) more income than s/he could get from sales, royalties etc. during his/her remaining lifetime (or beyond) - unless you're in debt up to your ears maybe and you need that much cash real bad right now. From this perspective it may have been an attractive thing for Michael Jackson.

Date: December 19, 2021 19:57

Valid points doitywoik

Date: December 20, 2021 17:56

Just my 5 cents, I haven't seen the contracts either and don't know what is really written there. I just think it must be worthwhile to the respective artists one way or another. Likewise, the companies on the other end must think it will be worthwhile for them in the long run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-20 17:57 by doitywoik.

Date: December 20, 2021 18:03

mailexile67
Almost 500 pages of nothing...Almost 17 years without a new album of originals...& Counting

Yeah, that hits home pretty darn hard, I have to say.

Date: December 21, 2021 04:17

Big Al
mailexile67

Yeah, that hits home pretty darn hard, I have to say.

It's sad..............

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...484485486487488489490491492493494...LastNext
Current Page: 489 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home