Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...358359360361362363364365366367368...LastNext
Current Page: 363 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 20, 2019 12:22

GasLightStreet
With Mick saying "This one is from STEEL WHEELS" on the 2019 tour, I got to laughing - that thing is 30 YEARS OLD!!!!

1989, 1994, 1997, 2005, 2016.

Almost 15 years without a new original studio album, yet Mick hates nostalgia and looking back but... loves playing all those old songs.

A new album would be good. Watch it come out in the spring of 2020, they do a 2 year world tour for it consisting of 28 shows, and hang it up for good in 2022 (probably with another greatest hits album to celebrate 60 years or some archaic thing).

thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 20, 2019 19:08

retired_dog
It will be a 60th Anniversary thing. And that means we will see hundreds of more "last post by Ian Billen" markers in the thread overview for this subject before its final release date.

That would take us to 2022 which seems to be the reality as of right now, and a date which some of us have predicted several times over.

As for Ian, have to give him credit for his positive hope although at times he comes across as frustratingly anxious and antsy. Seemingly living in a fantasy world, he sees only what he wants to see, and interprets everything based on his own hopes and wishes. Occasionally a dose of reality will sink in, but a few days later "the Stones are under contract, they owe UMG (and us) a new album, and it will be released very soon". It's been difficult at times keeping him grounded, but at the same time it's been a respectful conversation for the most part. thumbs up

Here's to a new Stones album in 2022, and hopefully Ian will still be here with us when that happens - this thread wouldn't be the same without him.
And it will be interesting to read his reactions to an album that's been cobbled together from a stockpile of tracks that have been worked on for many years now - similar to Tattoo You.
Not an album of brand new originals that have been freshly written in the last few years as he had hoped for and was certain about.

Meanwhile, the only thing left for now is to enjoy Ronnie's new album and make the most of it...2022 is a LONG ways away.
2022 will make it nearly an 18 year gap since ABB, so let's all hope it's a good one!thumbs up

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 20, 2019 19:39

Hairball
retired_dog
It will be a 60th Anniversary thing. And that means we will see hundreds of more "last post by Ian Billen" markers in the thread overview for this subject before its final release date.

That would take us to 2022 which seems to be the reality as of right now, and a date which some of us have predicted several times over.

As for Ian, have to give him credit for his positive hope although at times he comes across as frustratingly anxious and antsy. Seemingly living in a fantasy world, he sees only what he wants to see, and interprets everything based on his own hopes and wishes. Occasionally a dose of reality will sink in, but a few days later "the Stones are under contract, they owe UMG (and us) a new album, and it will be released very soon". It's been difficult at times keeping him grounded, but at the same time it's been a respectful conversation for the most part. thumbs up

Here's to a new Stones album in 2022, and hopefully Ian will still be here with us when that happens - this thread wouldn't be the same without him.
And it will be interesting to read his reactions to an album that's been cobbled together from a stockpile of tracks that have been worked on for many years now - similar to Tattoo You.
Not an album of brand new originals that have been freshly written in the last few years as he had hoped for and was certain about.

Meanwhile, the only thing left for now is to enjoy Ronnie's new album and make the most of it...2022 is a LONG ways away.
2022 will make it nearly an 18 year gap since ABB, so let's all hope it's a good one!thumbs up

My remark about Ian wasn't meant negative in any way, and I'm sure he is aware of the "tongue in cheek"-nature of it. In fact, I totally respect his apparently still intact enthusiasm for this band, which reflects mine for many decades, but that I've lost to a certain degree because imo, this is a band with just too many missed chances since oh so many years (if not decades) by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-20 20:29 by retired_dog.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 21, 2019 01:05

retired_dog

Ha .. Well look .. if you think one of the reasons I comment on this post is bc I simply enjoy my name in the last post spot on iorr.org you are pretty mistaken Lol.

.. I've bought every Stones album the day they have came out for about 30 years (which is only a handful ... but still). Though I've saw The Stones in various places since 1981 (every tour except ABB and this one) .. it was always the album I was interested in first. As for right now.. I'm not really interested in a Stones live show (though I certainly would of caught them if they would of came closer to me) or much in this tour. I'm interested in a studio album and I've always kept up on their new releases since 1981. It's what I want so I naturally come here to comment about it or discuss that topic .. nothing more. I know it irritates you ... or possibly some of you) and I've really no idea why that is (?) .. but posting on this topic as much as I do is definitely not for my exposure here and it definitely' has nothing to do with seeing my name in the last post by area ...Lol.

I look at the music news on Google a few times a week for a RS album update and I come here to discuss it. Been very much looking forward to (and at times ...since 1989 actually researching into) their studio releases before they came out and before any official release date was set for decades.

Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-21 02:40 by IanBillen.

Date: July 21, 2019 03:32

retired_dog
Hairball
retired_dog

My remark about Ian wasn't meant negative in any way, and I'm sure he is aware of the "tongue in cheek"-nature of it. In fact, I totally respect his apparently still intact enthusiasm for this band, which reflects mine for many decades, but that I've lost to a certain degree because imo, this is a band with just too many missed chances since oh so many years (if not decades) by now.

Yes retired_dog, I realize all of that - I was just adding my own bit of tongue-in-cheekness to the story of "Ian and his adventures of the supposed new Rolling Stones album". winking smiley

As to Ian - never give up hope...eventually/hopefully there will be a new Stones album...some day. All I am saying, is give them a chance! lol
Whether it's by the end of this year or 2020, maybe the 60th anniversary in 2022, or maybe sometime in the 2030's...nobody knows, and to be quite honest I don't even care any more!
For now it's all about enjoying the current tour, looking forward to Ronnie's new album, followed by a No Filter Live cd/dvd release, and from there we'll have to wait and see.

Date: July 21, 2019 05:48

Hairball
retired_dog
Hairball
retired_dog

Yes retired_dog, I realize all of that - I was just adding my own bit of tongue-in-cheekness to the story of "Ian and his adventures of the supposed new Rolling Stones album". winking smiley

As to Ian - never give up hope...eventually/hopefully there will be a new Stones album...some day. All I am saying, is give them a chance! lol
Whether it's by the end of this year or 2020, maybe the 60th anniversary in 2022, or maybe sometime in the 2030's...nobody knows, and to be quite honest I don't even care any more!
For now it's all about enjoying the current tour, looking forward to Ronnie's new album, followed by a No Filter Live cd/dvd release, and from there we'll have to wait and see.

Ha ... it's hard to not give up hope .. all we hear are other things and other releases from them .. We are heading into four years on this thing.

I am glad Ronnie is still active. I am glad he is healthy too. Just more proof that they have pleeeeeeenty of free time .. and leisure time ... that has had has had absolutely nothing to do with why we haven't had an album in four years (or 14 .. whichever you prefer). Why does that prove that? Well for starters (and the most obvious) Keith released an album .. so did Ronnie in basically said time frame. I believe they are in that same band that supposedly only has so much free time or leisure time or in which they should be preserving all that more and more (...?). I certainly HOPE people are done making excuses for them at this point. I think they are...Ronnie now coming out with an album will finally put an end to all that nonsense talk Im pretty sure.

Anyway ... When it comes This thing better be good! The longer they wait .. the more the bar has to be raised for it's quality. Since 2005 if this was their 3rd or fourth album of new stuff it would not be as much under the microscope. As well .. it is almost certainly their very last studio album ... Sounds weird to say or think about but this will almost certainly be the final chapter studio wise ... Critics and fans know it .. and it better be pretty darn good for their sake considering the time line and who they are.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-21 05:55 by IanBillen.

Date: July 21, 2019 05:54

Keep in mind Ian that Keith and Mick call all the shots, and with Ronnie still being "the new guy" doubt he has any say on how and when they record.
He's basically on call, and probably gave up on waiting and wondering deciding "screw it, I'll do my own album".
You can bet he would have postponed plans for that if he was given a call to work and/or knew a new Stones album was near complete

Hats off to Ronnie for working - can't blame him for the stagnating cesspool that the supposed new album has become.

Date: July 21, 2019 06:00

Hairball
Keep in mind Ian that Keith and Mick call all the shots, and with Ronnie still being "the new guy" doubt he has any say on how and when they record.
He's basically on call, and probably gave up on waiting and wondering deciding "screw it, I'll do my own album".
You can bet he would have postponed plans for that if he was given a call to work and/or knew a new Stones album was near complete

Hats off to Ronnie for working - can't blame him for the stagnating cesspool that the supposed new album has become.

Well sure ... there is No doubt about that my firend!! It's anything but Ronnie's fault or who should share any blame at all ... (or any of Charlies for that matter). As you said.. it's Mick Jagger and Keith Richards lack of action my friend ... 110% (as you stated.. they have always called the shots and they are the ones who set the pace, and get things moving and create the plan in the first place). Mick and Keith plan when to hit the studio .. Has never ever been Ronnie or Charlie.

I'm def with you on Ronnie saying 'well .. I dont have tosit around just because they arent moving on things). Kudos for Ronnie too! Good on him for doing his own thing.. Just because Mick and Keith can't get the ball rolling with The Stones (some pun grinning smiley ) doesn't mean Ronnie's artistic life has to stop! Well done Ronnie .. and Ima actually really looking forward to getting this puppy!

btw .. Here is a cheers smileys with beerto having something musically we can discuss in the fall MR. Hairball.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-21 17:02 by IanBillen.

Date: July 21, 2019 06:06

Ronnie should title his new album "Don't Blame Me". smiling smiley

IanBillen

btw .. Here is a cheers smileys with beerto having something musically we can discuss in the fall MR. Hairball.

Yes Ian cheers...Go Ronnie Go. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-21 06:07 by Hairball.

Date: July 21, 2019 06:09

Hairball
Ronnie should title his new album "Don't Blame Me". smiling smiley

I know!! Ha. Two people are to blame .. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards (ok ... well that we know of .. unless something comes out about it waaaay down the road we were not realizing but if that is the case.. it would be the first time in all Stones history).

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 22, 2019 03:37

So all this sounds like there will be a new Rolling Stone (note the singular) album still this year! grinning smiley - And I don't care whether Ronnie wrote/recorded the tunes over the past few years or only last week.

Now what could this mean w.r.t. the new Rolling Stones (note the plural) album? I'm pretty sure Ronnie didn't do this behind Mick and Keef's back but they were informed and OK with it - from which one might conclude that there will be no new Stones (plural) album this year and Ronnie's album will not get in the way.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: July 22, 2019 05:29

Is it gonna be a regular studio album or a compilation??!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 22, 2019 05:43

It's a studio compilation! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Date: July 22, 2019 10:18

It's a live album..

Date: July 22, 2019 11:35

retired_dog
Hairball
retired_dog

Ha Tongue and Cheek is good .. especially a Stones Tongue and cheek. It's all good, mate.

Ian

Date: July 22, 2019 11:37

doitywoik
So all this sounds like there will be a new Rolling Stone (note the singular) album still this year! grinning smiley - And I don't care whether Ronnie wrote/recorded the tunes over the past few years or only last week.

Now what could this mean w.r.t. the new Rolling Stones (note the plural) album? I'm pretty sure Ronnie didn't do this behind Mick and Keef's back but they were informed and OK with it - from which one might conclude that there will be no new Stones (plural) album this year and Ronnie's album will not get in the way.

Yes .. Im sure they were ok (and informed) with the release time frame of Ronnies new record.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: July 22, 2019 17:07

363 pages for ???????????????? Till now:nothing.

Date: July 22, 2019 18:32

tioms
363 pages for ???????????????? Till now:nothing.

The new songs were nothing to you?

Well, at least you really wanna tell the truth winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-23 11:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 22, 2019 23:33

No inspiration.
No album.
They certainly think the songs are not good enough.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-22 23:42 by powerage78.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 22, 2019 23:52

The 2022 album will be supported by a hologram tour

Date: July 23, 2019 05:24

powerage78
No inspiration.
No album.

There's gonna be a new album soon: Ronnie's. grinning smiley And if that's not good enough, Neil & The Horse have one coming up, too! smileys with beer

Date: July 23, 2019 11:06

doitywoik
powerage78
No inspiration.
No album.

There's gonna be a new album soon: Ronnie's. grinning smiley And if that's not good enough, Neil & The Horse have one coming up, too! smileys with beer

Ronnie's?

He's only a special guest on that LIVE album smiling smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 24, 2019 06:38

Mick:
"We don’t know what will happen after the tour, we’re trying to finish the new album, maybe we’ll make it and I think it will definitely be the last of the Stones, so we’re trying to do a good job.
Keith, if it was for him, would always be on tour, like Dylan, but then he too gets tired. He often says it’s his last tour, but I have doubts about it. It is possible that if we don’t other big tours, we could perform in some spot festivals, as happened with Desert Trip, we’ll see”

[www.videomuzic.eu]

Date: July 24, 2019 06:44

retired_dog
Hairball
retired_dog

For some reason I am actually jusss seeing this particular post. I thought it may of been (which is why I responded clearing it up) ... and I was like .. well wait I thought we were 'boyz'(buddies) ... ha. I get it though .. No worries mate .. Tis all good.

smileys with beer

Date: July 24, 2019 06:56

georgelicks
Mick:
"We don’t know what will happen after the tour, we’re trying to finish the new album, maybe we’ll make it and I think it will definitely be the last of the Stones, so we’re trying to do a good job.
Keith, if it was for him, would always be on tour, like Dylan, but then he too gets tired. He often says it’s his last tour, but I have doubts about it. It is possible that if we don’t other big tours, we could perform in some spot festivals, as happened with Desert Trip, we’ll see”

[www.videomuzic.eu]

Lots to ponder with this quote, and can't help but think of the Jim Morrison lyric:

"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near..."

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 24, 2019 07:21

georgelicks
Mick:

[www.videomuzic.eu]

"We're trying to finish the new album, maybe we'll make it..."
eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 24, 2019 10:25

KRiffhard
georgelicks
Mick:

[www.videomuzic.eu]

"We're trying to finish the new album, maybe we'll make it..."
eye rolling smiley

They ought to enter an agreement to the effect that at some date in the near or more distant future when they finally have lost a core member of the band, the surviving members are entitled to release the result. This seems to be the only way that this album will be finished. Then it is a question of how many posters in this thread have survived themselves on that occasion at the closure of the thread and are privileged to listen to the new studio album.

Date: July 24, 2019 14:25

georgelicks
Mick:
"we’re trying to finish the new album, maybe we’ll make it and I think it will definitely be the last of the Stones, so we’re trying to do a good job.”

[www.videomuzic.eu]

Doesn't sound good and doesn't sound particularly motivated. Like, 'In principle we should do it and we should do it well, but we really don't feel like'. Appears like the brick wall is still an issue some way or other.

Perhaps Ronnie should do a studio album and hire the others as the session band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-24 14:26 by doitywoik.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: July 24, 2019 14:57

Never write the stones offLooks like a short residency is in order NYC, LVegas or O2 London to play the new cd, solo albums to follow i bet

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 24, 2019 17:45

NilsHolgersson
The 2022 album will be supported by a hologram tour

What's funny is that I had the same thoughts recently, thinking about the ABBA hologram tour project reported a while ago (whatever happened to it?) and Don Was mentioning that there are many different mixes of several songs. We'll see...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...358359360361362363364365366367368...LastNext
Current Page: 363 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home