Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...281282283284285286287288289290291...LastNext
Current Page: 286 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 7, 2019 20:40

Wont happen
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 7, 2019 20:50

Waiting to hear updates from georgelicks...might be a while as things are currently "brewing", but his take on the situation is always the most reliable.
Hoping he comes back with some positive news on the status/progress being made, and if they actually get a new single (or maybe more) out before the tour I will rejoice.
I believe it was both georgelicks and bv who had previously mentioned an EP, and if that happens before the tour time for a massive celebration no matter the quality of the tunes - it will be more a sense of relief I guess.
Of course things change as at one point the rumour was a free copy of new album w/ticket purchase - clearly that didn't happen, but looks like things might be heading in the right direction now.
And there's the possibility that even if they can't finish something in the studio, they could surprise everyone with a live debut of a brand new original tune or two.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 7, 2019 21:01

Hairball
Waiting to hear updates from georgelicks...might be a while as things are currently "brewing", but his take on the situation is always the most reliable.
Hoping he comes back with some positive news on the status/progress being made, and if they actually get a new single (or maybe more) out before the tour I will rejoice.
I believe it was both georgelicks and bv who had previously mentioned an EP, and if that happens before the tour time for a massive celebration no matter the quality of the tunes - it will be more a sense of relief I guess.
Of course things change as at one point the rumour was a free copy of new album w/ticket purchase - clearly that didn't happen, but looks like things might be heading in the right direction now.
And there's the possibility that even if they can't finish something in the studio, they could surprise everyone with a live debut of a brand new original tune or two.

The way I get it ... is that it was in the air to have an album out with the tour (and they wanted more quality and time to it so they changed their mind).

I think the album will come in October ...

Im waiting to see if Georgy Boy gets some info too. He was the one that first told us of these sessions .. so maybe after its over he will get some wind on them and how they went.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 7, 2019 21:15

Yeah..georgelicks or soldatti...
Kindly give us some updates..please
Thanks
Jeroen

Date: February 7, 2019 21:24

IanBillen
Hairball

The way I get it ... is that it was in the air to have an album out with the tour (and they wanted more quality and time to it so they changed their mind).

I think the album will come in October ...

Im waiting to see if Georgy Boy gets some info too. He was the one that first told us of these sessions .. so maybe after its over he will get some wind on them and how they went.

There actually was brief speculation from a source that there possibly could be a free cd and/or download giveaway w/ticket purchase somewhere back in this thread

And October sounds as good as any other month of the year, though with October they can take advantage of Christmas sales to bump up the numbers. Could be Oct. 2019 or Oct. 2020...still hard to say.

On the other hand, there's still a small glimmer of hope of a new tune or two right before the tour..72 days until kickoff!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 21:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 7, 2019 21:26

mg72
2019 is shaping up for icons releasing new music.
ACDC
Gordon Lightfoot: First since 2004.
Possible Guns N Roses: First since 2008.
Hootie and the Blowfish
The Rolling Stones.
The Who: first since 2006.
Hootie and the Blowfish...ICONS!!!???? There's a word that gets thrown around WAAAAAY too much.

Date: February 7, 2019 21:26

Lol...Hootie!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 7, 2019 21:28

Hairball

From November:

"Yet, we can expect a couple of new songs right before the new tour, maybe even an EP of 3-4 songs if they are pleassed with some of the stuff around, that's the best we can hope."

- georgelicks

"We may get a few new songs for the 2019 No Filter US tour, may be even an EP, if they agree on those songs."

- bv

Date: February 7, 2019 21:42

Thanks for confirmation bye bye johnny.thumbs up My memory isn't quite what it used to be ha,
but when it comes new Stones material (and this thread in general) I seem to have the memory of an elephant.winking smiley
Granted it was only from November, but most of the important details of this thread are embedded...286 pages and counting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 21:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: mg72 ()
Date: February 7, 2019 21:45

2019 the last year of No Filter.
That is - unless that's the album title.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2019 22:35

Herald Sun --- January 2019

ROCKMAN

Date: February 7, 2019 22:52

What the world needs now is some more Huey ...uhhh yeah.

"They say the heart of rock and roll is still beating
And from what I've seen I believe 'em"

smiling smiley

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 7, 2019 22:56

Rockman

Herald Sun --- January 2019
Didn't this guy lose his voice last year due to some weird illness??...had to cancel tour dates.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 7, 2019 23:15

Huey Lewis has Meniere's Disease, an inner ear issue. He talks about it in an interview with Scott Ostler published in today's San Francisco Chronicle.

[www.sfchronicle.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2019 23:21

Didn't this guy lose his voice last year due to some weird illness??...

Those cop dobbers will probably know ….. hhhhaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 7, 2019 23:46

Hairball

actually if i remember correctly it was georgelicks that put a tombstone on any possible release before xmas in one of his latest post here ( after the november one.. but i may remember wrong...)

here he is, on january 2..

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 2, 2019 16:17

Nothing new to report until mid February at least, the whole band is on vacations right now, Keith looks very happy on the caribean is seems.

Mick and Ronnie were on the studio during 3 days on December doing some work and listening stuff, Mick brought up more demos/ideas too.

Nobody on Universal is expecting nothing new during the first quarterly, actually no one is holding breath anymore, the whole thing will be done eventually, late 2019 or next year, no deadline anymore

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 23:55 by maumau.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: February 8, 2019 00:17

Charlie was at drummer Hal Blaine's 90th birthday party in.L.A.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 8, 2019 00:35

Any sightings yet of Sir Mick in LA ?
Are the paparazzi stalking daughter Karis Jagger's home...Dad has been known to stay there.

Date: February 8, 2019 03:14

maumau
Hairball

actually if i remember correctly it was georgelicks that put a tombstone on any possible release before xmas in one of his latest post here ( after the november one.. but i may remember wrong...)

Nothing new to report until mid February at least, the whole band is on vacations right now, Keith looks very happy on the caribean is seems.

Mick and Ronnie were on the studio during 3 days on December doing some work and listening stuff, Mick brought up more demos/ideas too.

Nobody on Universal is expecting nothing new during the first quarterly, actually no one is holding breath anymore, the whole thing will be done eventually, late 2019 or next year, no deadline anymore

Ummmmmmm ....wait ... there was an actual 'deadline'? When was the deadline ...?

Watch how you answer and be certain not to be too hard on those poor Rolling Stones .. People will will get offended in sayin The Stones don't owe anyone anything and that we should not expect anything (regardless of a record contract they took a few million bucks for ..and various social media posts about from them about said album ... and remarks in interviews promising one ... etc. etc).

Their record producer .. Don Was (who I'm sure is paid $250,000 - $350,000 thousand dollars upon delivery of it ... should not expect one either .. .. .... He should be satisfied with what they did in the past and he should keep his pie hole closed just like us .. ... grinning smiley ). Universal should be happy with their back catalog too. That record contract they gathered their lawyers together in negotiating for some millions to deliver was just a whim ... didn't mean anything (how could it... that's expecting something from em for those dollars.. they just want to chill and Universal should have known better). Shame on anyone actually expecting an album from those poor fellas.

Because let's face facts ... These guys just want to relax and have family time at this point in their lives. This band stuff is too much for them now-a-days. However I did hear a small rumor about (YET ANOTHER) multi-million dollar Stadium tour that may be on plans for the Spring / Summer of 2019 ... but you know that has to be just a silly hopeful rumor at this point.

Ian

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 03:40 by IanBillen.

Date: February 8, 2019 03:36

maumau
Hairball

Yes I clearly remember that and he was right about no release before X-mas, so what's your point?

If you're doubting the concept of the possibility that they would give a free copy of new album w/ticket purchase, here's what georgelicks said back in September:

georgelicks
Macca's album has been promoted very well in the U.S, I'd say he's a lot 'cooler' now than he's been in a long time.

He also has a digital album bundle of sorts:

Tour Laminate + Digital Album Bundle - $8
- Ticket presale access code for 2019 N. American tour
- Commemorative Tour Laminate w/ Lanyard
- “Egypt Station” Digital Album

If the Stones' are releasing their next album before the tour next year, we'll see the same bundle strategy and about the same sales figures, about 130-150k sold during the first week just like most of the artists with bundle.

Of course that was a big IF as no new Stones album was ever finished which meant no bundles/free copies when tickets went on sale.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 03:42 by Hairball.

Date: February 8, 2019 04:14

Hairball
maumau
Hairball

Yes I clearly remember that and he was right about no release before X-mas, so what's your point?

If you're doubting the concept of the possibility that they would give a free copy of new album w/ticket purchase, here's what georgelicks said back in September:

georgelicks
Macca's album has been promoted very well in the U.S, I'd say he's a lot 'cooler' now than he's been in a long time.

If the Stones' are releasing their next album before the tour next year, we'll see the same bundle strategy and about the same sales figures, about 130-150k sold during the first week just like most of the artists with bundle.

Of course that was a big IF as no new Stones album was ever finished which meant no bundles/free copies when tickets went on sale.

Yezz .. Mr. Hairball ...lotta idears 'were' on the table it seemed. I think they scrapped em all and said .. let's put more work into it ... isn't up to the quality they want.

Now it's after the tour .. I have no choice but to wait as we all have no choice. I can't gripe at the moment .. they are working on it .. it's all we ever expected. I would of not been so distraught if I would of heard they were workin on it ..

It was the fact that they spaced out these sessions with all this other side show hings in between that got my goat. At least now... finally they are getting to it ... Its all any of us wanted really.

Not producing an album of originals in 12,13,14 years is bad enough .. but when they have a contract for one .. they tell us one is coming .. yet they are doing everything BUT working on it is where the frustration actually came from ... from me and some others ... yeeesh hehe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 04:16 by IanBillen.

Date: February 8, 2019 04:27

That's right Ian, it's a soap opera that we've been hooked in to.
Sometimes I've felt hoodwinked, but gotta keep the faith!

Date: February 8, 2019 05:10

Not producing an album of originals in 12,13,14 years is bad enough .. but when they have a contract for one .. they tell us one is coming .. yet they are doing everything BUT working on it is where the frustration actually came from ... from me and some others ... yeeesh hehe

- Virgin's record contract from November 1991 asked for 3 albums with no deadline on it and re-issue of the post 1971 stuff. The contract was for $45 million.

- First new album was Voodoo Lounge, almost 3 years after the signed contract. Second one was B2B and the third one ABB, 14 years after the original contract. It took them 14 years to close that contract, and that was 15 years ago when albums were still important and the band was still active.

Now we have a modest $2 million contract for one album signed on 2017 (oh the long lost days of the $28 or $45 million contracts from the 80's or 90's...) and everyone at Universal knows that the Stones are semi-retired, so if it takes them 3, 4 or 5 years to deliver that album it wont surprise anyone except some fans thinking that we are still on an era when albums are still important, let alone for an artist with all his members on their mid-70's.

An album is an option, and not the main one by anyone, so we're now on contracts for $2-3 million for each album when 20-30 years ago that contract was for $7-10 million for each album for a top act, no act is rushed to release an album anymore, this decade best selling artist, Adele, released 2 albums in almost 11 years.

Back on the Stones, they want this album to be a great one, they don't want another ABB with a bunch of Stones by numbers rockers, the want a B2B type album again, a mix of classic and modern, something fresh, and it will take all the time that it needs, Mick said it 2 years ago: "We'll keep working on it until we do it right".

All the options are on the table: A christmas release, ticket bundle during another leg of a new tour on 2020, a preview EP with 3-4 songs on 2019 and then the full album on 2020, etc.

Date: February 8, 2019 05:31

georgelicks
All the options are on the table: A christmas release, ticket bundle during another leg of a new tour on 2020, a preview EP with 3-4 songs on 2019 and then the full album on 2020, etc.

On the bright side, gives us something to speculate about.

And if it wasn't clear, any frustrations on my part throughout this saga are solely because of the Stones - not the sources who give us tidbits of info., nor anyone else who has posted in this thread.
Not even IanBillen, though he does tend to grate on my nerves occasionally (just kidding Ian) winking smiley

That said, can't fault the Stones too much for taking their sweet time even though it can be frustrating as a fan - they're semi-retired an owe no one anything.
Would be nice to have some new material of course - even just one damn song before the tour (ONE SONG!), but if not maybe next year. Or the year after.

Date: February 8, 2019 05:42

13 & 14 years are two really common breaks of original material as are 15 and 16.
James Taylor: 2002. No original material again until 2015.
Sting: 2003. No non concept original material again until 2016.
Alabama: 2001 no original material again until 2015.
Don Henley: studio album in 2000. Not again until 2015.
The Who: 2006 not again until 2019. One single was done for the 50th anniversary.

Date: February 8, 2019 06:54

The year is shaping up with all these people releasing new material after so long.
The Stones first new material since 2005.
Huey Lewis first new studio album since 2010 + first original material since 2001.
Stevie Wonder first new album since 2005.
The Who first new album since 2006.
Guns N Roses first album since 2008.
Peter Gabriel within a few years.
Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles -it's time.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 8, 2019 07:22

georgelicks

- Virgin's record contract from November 1991 asked for 3 albums with no deadline on it and re-issue of the post 1971 stuff. The contract was for $45 million.

- First new album was Voodoo Lounge, almost 3 years after the signed contract. Second one was B2B and the third one ABB, 14 years after the original contract. It took them 14 years to close that contract, and that was 15 years ago when albums were still important and the band was still active.

Now we have a modest $2 million contract for one album signed on 2017 (oh the long lost days of the $28 or $45 million contracts from the 80's or 90's...) and everyone at Universal knows that the Stones are semi-retired, so if it takes them 3, 4 or 5 years to deliver that album it wont surprise anyone except some fans thinking that we are still on an era when albums are still important, let alone for an artist with all his members on their mid-70's.

An album is an option, and not the main one by anyone, so we're now on contracts for $2-3 million for each album when 20-30 years ago that contract was for $7-10 million for each album for a top act, no act is rushed to release an album anymore, this decade best selling artist, Adele, released 2 albums in almost 11 years.

Back on the Stones, they want this album to be a great one, they don't want another ABB with a bunch of Stones by numbers rockers, the want a B2B type album again, a mix of classic and modern, something fresh, and it will take all the time that it needs, Mick said it 2 years ago: "We'll keep working on it until we do it right".

Thanks Georgelicks! Do you know how many songs they have alredy recorded and if they're working on some outtakes?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 07:25 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 8, 2019 08:23

Hairball
maumau
Hairball

georgelicks

my point was simply to quote a latter post by georgelicks that was mentioned in the conversation as the one with bv to have in turn mentioned a release (ep?) before/during the tour. if you want, my point was to show the variety of the situation and this last post of georgelicks in fact confirms that all "cards are on the table" or maybe no cards are yet there. all options, though we probably will have to wait another year or so for the album (if and if and if..)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 08:40 by maumau.

Date: February 8, 2019 09:01

Alright maumau, but when you started your sentence with "actually" it sounded like you were either doubting or in disagreement - wasn't sure what you were getting at, but now understood.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 8, 2019 09:19

If they were to release a new album I would have prefered it before the US tour start, which is April 20. It would have made the tour less predictable.
But I don't think that is feasible. If it was there would already be rumours about the release date.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...281282283284285286287288289290291...LastNext
Current Page: 286 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home