Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 32
Re: Stones at number One
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 16, 2016 14:23

Happened to pop into my local HMV yesterday to check for any interesting new vinyl arrivals,

Surprised to see no B&L on the shelves.

Why ?

Sold out !

Date: December 16, 2016 14:25

Spud
Happened to pop into my local HMV yesterday to check for any interesting new vinyl arrivals,

Surprised to see no B&L on the shelves.

Why ?

Sold out !

thumbs up

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 16, 2016 15:26

To be fair...HMV always carry a good selection of Stones albums on vinyl.

...tempting me to buy the latest Digitaly Disastered version of something or other winking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 16, 2016 17:09

Sold out in my HMV too. Tesco as well (though it's only no. 12 on their in-house chart).

If it's not in next week's chart in the UK, it's because there aren't any left to buy.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 16, 2016 20:43

Drops to No. 2 in the UK.
[www.officialcharts.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 16, 2016 20:51

Dropping to No. 2 in Germany, but only 0.6% less sold records than #1.
Still unbelievable figures!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 16, 2016 20:52

Georgelicks, if I remember correctly, there is another Worldwide Chart (not only "Mediatraffic"). What sales number does it report for "Blue and Lonesome"?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 16, 2016 20:56

UK sales (Dec. 9-15)

1 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe 96,643
2 The Rolling Stones 69,911
3 Little Mix 67,831
4 Elvis Presley & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra 60,979
5 Olly Murs 52,199

Blue and Lonesome UK sales after 2 weeks: 175,741

Impressive.

Date: December 16, 2016 21:04

laertisflash
Georgelicks, if I remember correctly, there is another Worldwide Chart (not only "Mediatraffic"). What sales number does it report for "Blue and Lonesome"?

Sadly that one is not working anymore, Mediatraffic is the only one out there tracking worldwide sales, but still is not official.
A friend of mine just told me the first week shipments for the album worldwide: 650,000 units.

Date: December 16, 2016 22:27

Thanks for the info, georgelicks.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 16, 2016 23:14

Wow! Not only did the album debut high, it seems to have legs. The Stones have a legit big hit on their hands

P.S. The album is sold out on Amazon in the United States. Won’t be back in stock until December 20th

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 16, 2016 23:45

TooTough

Dropping to No. 2 in Germany, but only 0.6% less sold records than #1. Still unbelievable figures!

The data from media control - [www.charts.de] - are unfortunately not official.

The official charts come from GfK Entertainment - [www.offiziellecharts.de] , but they have some technical issues with their Systems at the moment and therefore no current data, except #1.

The data differ between GfK Entertainment and media control - while at the latter one Helene Fischer with 'Weihnachten' is #1, it's Kollegah with 'Imperator' in the official Charts by GfK Entertainment.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 17, 2016 00:25

georgelicks

Sadly that one is not working anymore, Mediatraffic is the only one out there tracking worldwide sales, but still is not official.
A friend of mine just told me the first week shipments for the album worldwide: 650,000 units.

I've said that some days ago. 650/700.000 units.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-17 00:30 by KRiffhard.

Date: December 17, 2016 05:02

I hope Jagger sees all these reviews. Everywhere I go I see great write-ups, and jst about everyone agrees that Jagger rules!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 17, 2016 11:01

Palace Revolution 2000
I hope Jagger sees all these reviews. Everywhere I go I see great write-ups, and jst about everyone agrees that Jagger rules!

Maybe..but Keith should take credit for initiating the project?

Date: December 17, 2016 11:23

jlowe

Maybe..but Keith should take credit for initiating the project?

I hope he can stop a too modern approach on new songs.
He told something interesting some days ago:
"I don‘t want to make any decisions about this until this record (Blue and Lonesome) comes out, because I think it might radically change Mick‘s attitude; it might change mine. I want to see the fallout from this record before I decide wheteher I want to record 40 of Mick‘s songs or whether he wants to sit down with me and record some songs together. That‘s my thing"

Date: December 17, 2016 11:37

Please, allow me to explain (?) the special album's success, using an element of my country's ancient mythology: The Stones doing a completely blues album is like Odysseus returning to Ithaka. Everybody wants to see and hear this...

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 17, 2016 11:48

thumbs up BLUE & LONESOME stays on top of the charts for a second week here in The Netherlands!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 17, 2016 11:55

The list so far...

BLUE & LONESOME FIRST WEEK OF RELEASE final results:

*****NUMBER 1 WORLD WIDE !!!*****

NUMBER 1:
UK.................................. 106.000
Germany........................ 100.000 +
Sweden
The Netherlands............. 50.000 +
Belgium
Norway
Australia......................... 18.370
Argentina
Czech Republic
Swiss
Croatia
Austria

Number 2:
France............................. 52.000
Canada............................. 19.000
Denmark
New Zealand
Portugal

Number 3:
Japan................................22.427

Number 4:
USA.................................123.000
Italia
Ireland
Greece
Spain
Poland

Number 5:
Finland

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: December 17, 2016 14:46

To every non-German out there: No-one can compete with Helene Fischer nowadays. Those 10 weeks of her in the charts before must have happened in 2015 when she knocked off Adele after one week on No.1...

Date: December 17, 2016 14:58

I'd like to know how are the sales figures of Blues records in general to have a comparison - or just total figures of the Billboard Blues Charts, georgelicks.

Date: December 17, 2016 15:13

Just saw that on Greece Album Chart (Top 75) there are 4 Stones album, at the same time.

L&B #4, Let It Bleed #56 (3 weeks on the Chart), Rock n Roll Circus #70 (3 weeks ) and Exile On Main Street (21 weeks...). No bad for an.... "irrelevant" band, though...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 17, 2016 16:13

JJHMick
I'd like to know how are the sales figures of Blues records in general to have a comparison - or just total figures of the Billboard Blues Charts, georgelicks.

Number ONE

[www.billboard.com]

Date: December 17, 2016 17:01

NICOS

Number ONE

[www.billboard.com]

smileys with beer
hot smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 17, 2016 17:20

May seem a silly question, but when an album gets re-released (and probably on different labels) does it just count as ONE record for sales figures?
I assume de-luxe editions or those with additional tracks are treated as separate
entities?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 18, 2016 14:31

No.2 in Portugal.
[www.portuguesecharts.com]
And we got jewel case edition over here. I mean, there are regular EU digipak and regular jewel case versions in stores. Digipak is 571 494-2 and jewel case 572 383-8. In both cases discs are made in Austria at Sony DADC plant

Date: December 18, 2016 14:58

KRiffhard
NICOS

Number ONE

[www.billboard.com]

smileys with beer
hot smiley

Oh, I thought it would be easy to be No. 1 as only rather unknown Performers would be listed there, but Clapton, Bonamassa, Etheridge, Tedeschi/Trucks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-18 16:04 by JJHMick.

Date: December 18, 2016 15:10

JJHMick

Sales for blues albums are very low, the chart is a Top 15 so that gives a clue about the size of the blues market, maybe 500-800 copies for top 2-10 and 250-500 copies for a Top 11-15. Blue and Lonesome debuted at #14 there only with leaked sales of 270 copies previous to Dec. 2

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 18, 2016 15:18

JJHMick
KRiffhard
NICOS

Number ONE

[www.billboard.com]

smileys with beer
hot smiley

Oh, I thought it would be easy to be No. 1 as only rather unknown Performers would be listed there, but Clapton, Bonamassa, Etheridge, Tedeschi!

... and Bonamassa is giving away his albums for free, as usual.

Date: December 18, 2016 16:06

georgelicks
JJHMick

Sales for blues albums are very low, the chart is a Top 15 so that gives a clue about the size of the blues market, maybe 500-800 copies for top 2-10 and 250-500 copies for a Top 11-15. Blue and Lonesome debuted at #14 there only with leaked sales of 270 copies previous to Dec. 2

So, no matter if someone likes it or not B&L's highest value is that the Stones introduced a "new" musical style!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 32

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home