Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16
Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show Saturday October 22 is on! Live show comments here please
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 24, 2016 03:30

SomeTorontoGirl
babyblue
...hIthought Mick put on a great pregnancy...

Jeezus - another one? Must have been during Keith's set.

I'm gone for a few days and Mick gets pregnant?? I thought he had laryngitis. confused smiley

Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show Saturday October 22 is on! Live show comments here please
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 24, 2016 03:33

SomeTorontoGirl
babyblue

Sorry my iPhone IJust got am getting use to it,guess the letters were jumping all over the place.

I. arrived in town the day before the show.I really don't think I will do this again,it was costly.Their prices are too high for me.I did have a great 2 days and meeting so many nice.fans from all over.I hope they continue with a new LP of new songs next year with dates.OF course they never said this was a farewell tour and if it was it lacked more dates.This was my 16th concert

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-24 07:25 by babyblue.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 24, 2016 03:35

babyblue
SomeTorontoGirl
babyblue

Sorry my iPhone IJust got am getting use to it,guess the letters were jumping all over the place.

Wait until you discover the joys of Autocorrect...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 24, 2016 03:56

JadedFaded

I will say this: what a great crowd last night. No one once asked me to sit down because everyone in my section was up on their feet for the entire show with the exception of Slipping Away.

I heard that someone got smacked in the head last night for refusing to sit down during Keef's set. (And I had my own quasi-Altamont experience in the pit at Desert Trip #2 when a drunken a-hole got the sh1t beaten out of him.)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2016 04:09

DeanGoodman
JadedFaded

I will say this: what a great crowd last night. No one once asked me to sit down because everyone in my section was up on their feet for the entire show with the exception of Slipping Away.

I heard that someone got smacked in the head last night for refusing to sit down during Keef's set. (And I had my own quasi-Altamont experience in the pit at Desert Trip #2 when a drunken a-hole got the sh1t beaten out of him.)

The person sitting next to us back at the rear floor was using binoculars and said he saw someone barf right near the catwalk.
Can't recall during which song, but probably during one of Ronnie's solos...winking smiley

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 24, 2016 05:26

MacLaurens
latvianinexile
Ronnie's new guitar. It's a Danelectro '64 reissue.

Unfortunateley he could not finish the song with it because of problems with the wireless transmitter.

Cool! For which song did he use that one?

Brown Sugar

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: October 24, 2016 05:48

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Las Vegas and safe travels on your journeys back home.
Still in Vegas for tonight in order to finally catch some sleep after a crazy intense adventure to meet some of you and see the Stones in Vegas.

This was one of my more complex travel projects as I had to obtain a visa, go through all sorts of formalities and planning during the past three months in order to reach Las Vegas and meet my Stones friends from all around the world and also to make new ones.

I love the community and the wonderful people I meet on the way, Wednesday cancellation was bad however in a strange way I think it was better that we were together and supported each other and even Mick!

Now about the show, I didn't particularly enjoy this arena, the sound was strange but guitars were loud however the bass was a little too low.
I liked how they step in for each other and put a little more effort to cover for one of them who is a less optimal moment.
It was my first 3-song by Keith set and I loved it, I had yet another new song with the blues and I got to spend the concert with Mr Foxy on a very precious pair of lucky dip tickets.

I've so far worked on a daily video for the whole adventure, starting with Desert Trip, all videos are available in the playlist link below.
I want to thank everyone who wanted to be part of this little video, for me it's a very valuable memory, will try to come back with a more accurate report after some recovery time!

video: [www.youtube.com]

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: October 24, 2016 06:07

I'm sorry to say the last 3 shows were a big disappointment. I think they should have made Cuba their last live performance.....

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 24, 2016 06:25

CaptainCorella
spikenyc
Midnight Rambler
This is one of the best audience shot videos!

[www.youtube.com]

Stunning. Posted by Michael Kaz who seems to have most (all??) of the show in similar quality. Awesome.

WOW!!! He does have amazing sound and sight quality. Thanks for pointing him out.

And he has a ton of other videos of live music (some groups of my tastes some not) with the same quality, and surprisingly few views or subscribers. He is one of the good guys on youtube with no ads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-24 06:34 by HankM.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 24, 2016 07:28

DeanGoodman

I didn't see that happen in the pit, but people were very aggressive during the Stones set. Totally different vibe on the other two nights.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2016 07:38

....A lil touch of Robert Johnson in da middle of Rambler .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 24, 2016 07:50

JadedFaded
DeanGoodman

I didn't see that happen in the pit, but people were very aggressive during the Stones set. Totally different vibe on the other two nights.

I agree Friday had the lamest crowd and the most tourists. Saturday was the best, Neil and Paul brought the love. Sunday was mellow - everyone was a little burnt.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2016 07:53

zgubi
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Las Vegas and safe travels on your journeys back home.
Still in Vegas for tonight in order to finally catch some sleep after a crazy intense adventure to meet some of you and see the Stones in Vegas.

This was one of my more complex travel projects as I had to obtain a visa, go through all sorts of formalities and planning during the past three months in order to reach Las Vegas and meet my Stones friends from all around the world and also to make new ones.

I love the community and the wonderful people I meet on the way, Wednesday cancellation was bad however in a strange way I think it was better that we were together and supported each other and even Mick!

Now about the show, I didn't particularly enjoy this arena, the sound was strange but guitars were loud however the bass was a little too low.
I liked how they step in for each other and put a little more effort to cover for one of them who is a less optimal moment.
It was my first 3-song by Keith set and I loved it, I had yet another new song with the blues and I got to spend the concert with Mr Foxy on a very precious pair of lucky dip tickets.

I've so far worked on a daily video for the whole adventure, starting with Desert Trip, all videos are available in the playlist link below.
I want to thank everyone who wanted to be part of this little video, for me it's a very valuable memory, will try to come back with a more accurate report after some recovery time!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Very nice videos filled with your great memories that we can all enjoy, thanks for sharing! thumbs up

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 24, 2016 10:07

Some of my pics from last night. I had a seat to the side of the stage.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 24, 2016 10:22

Thanks all for posting reviews and pictures thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 24, 2016 10:22

Fantastic pics as always, latvianinexile! smileys with beer

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 24, 2016 10:47

SomeTorontoGirl
Monsoon Ragoon
The first show was cancelled (! Not postponed!) due to poor ticket sales for the second. I don’t think it will be rescheduled...

Chatted about this with a few people. How would this work? The Stones get paid by the promoter, so wouldn't have an incentive to cancel for poor ticket sales. The insurer won't cover a show cancelled for poor sales, they would likely insist on having Mick assessed by their physician or one they approve.

The same happened with some shows in 2006 which were postponed allegedly because of Keith' illness, but never rescheduled for 07, although Keith was okay again and plenty of space. And again: if the cancellation was not primarily for poor sales, then why did they not reschedule the 19th October show maybe for the 26th??? Probably Mick had in fact problems with his voice, but that wasn't the main reason for the cancellation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-24 10:52 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 24, 2016 11:38

DREAMTIME
I'm sorry to say the last 3 shows were a big disappointment. I think they should have made Cuba their last live performance.....

A big disappointment to you maybe but you are in a tiny minority of people who went to those shows and think that so no they should not stop playing whilst the majority want to see them and they feel like playing themselves.

Maybe it is you that should make that your last time seeing them.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 24, 2016 12:06

Ronnie on Brown Sugar:

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 24, 2016 12:10

Gorgeous pics, many thanks to those who shared.

Date: October 24, 2016 14:10

Bastion
spikenyc
Midnight Rambler
This is one of the best audience shot videos!

[www.youtube.com]

This Rambler was incredible - especially Mick on harp.

Absolutely wonderful! thumbs up

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 24, 2016 14:24

latvianinexile
Ronnie's new guitar. It's a Danelectro '64 reissue.

Unfortunateley he could not finish the song with it because of problems with the wireless transmitter.

I told you he is a surf guitar player!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 24, 2016 14:46

HankM
These guys seem like they have played the blues before, they are good at it.

:E :E :E

Date: October 24, 2016 14:58

Rocky Dijon
I notice Mick modifies the lyrics to "Ride 'em On Down" to "I got seven kids that look like mine" from Jimmy Reed's "three or four kids."

SomeTorontoGirl
And we like our Stones ... um... with sssoul!

Absolutely and then some!
We love the Rolling Stones :E

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 24, 2016 15:00

with sssoul
HankM
These guys seem like they have played the blues before, they are good at it.

They've been practising for a while...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 24, 2016 15:00

Good stuff as usual, latvianinexile. Thanks!

Date: October 24, 2016 15:04

SomeTorontoGirl
babyblue
...I thought Mick put on a great pregnancy...

LoFL! Babyblue & STG, please! you're wrecking my eyeliner! :E

And Latvian, thank you for those gorgeous photos!

The Rolling Stones - Las Vegas, October 22 2016
Date: October 24, 2016 15:11

Date: October 24, 2016 15:13

Date: October 24, 2016 15:14

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home