Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith's and Johnny Depp's friendship - what happened?
Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: August 28, 2016 16:52

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-28 18:02 by Phil Good.

Re: Keith's and Johnny Depp's friendship - what happened?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 28, 2016 17:23

Why would Keith mind that? Keith and McCartney wrote a song together a few years ago.
I have no idea whether Keith and Depp have ceased being friendly, let alone the "if so why" part.
Keith doesn't like men hitting women; maybe that extends to throwing cellphones? Just speculating.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: August 28, 2016 17:34

So in order for two people to be friends they need to be seen in public together?

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: August 28, 2016 18:04

These two answers were enough to delete my question.
Sorry for asking.
Have a nice Sunday.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 28, 2016 18:05

Maybe one of the pirates walked the plank or pulled the blade?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 28, 2016 18:17

Well, Keith was scheduled to appear in Pirates 5 but it appears not to be the case.
He could certainly have fitted it around Stones work.
The Documentary, according to Depp was 'about done', but we've had two Keith docs. since then!
No probing by interviewers so may be the subject is off limits.
Keith does not appear to be a judgemental sort of person; its well documented that he and Anita were pretty volatile on occasions, until he met Patti he seemed to to be the Stone with the shortest fuse.
From a selfish point of view its always frustrating when these projects never see the light of day, perhaps it didn't pass the Jane Rose QC check.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 29, 2016 00:38

Looking at Johnny Depp in freefall over the last few years, I can't help thinking he is just the latest in a long line of Keith's associates who thought they could take on his persona.

Hope he digs himself out of the hole he's in, and doesn't end up like Keith's past friends now residing in the cemetery..

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2016 00:53

Hmmm. McCartney is in POTC5 and Keith was rumoured to be in it but nothing has said that he is for certain.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 29, 2016 01:33

I can't help thinking he is just the latest in a long line of Keith's associates who thought they could take on his persona.

On The Road With The Rolling Stones - Chet Flippo

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 29, 2016 01:36

People get busy with other things and drift apart...happens all the time. The test of a true friendship is when you can reconnect like no time has passed. Mick and Keith have that maybe...doubt it's the same with Johnny Depp.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2016 01:53

Perhaps it's Depp that got busy...

Date: August 29, 2016 01:56

................................................................................................................... Simon Frith

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: August 29, 2016 05:23

Thanks for posting Rockeee

Date: August 29, 2016 07:20

Pleasure Paul ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 29, 2016 10:30

Rockman

................................................................................................................... Simon Frith

Actually Marianne Faithful was recently quoted in an interview that she doesn't envy Keith's lifestyle one bit.
The interviewer didn't ask her to elaborate (they never do).

Date: August 29, 2016 10:39

«I haven't had contact with Johnny for quite a long time», said Keith the last time I read he was saying anything about Johnny. That must be over a year ago..

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 29, 2016 16:40

jlowe

Keith does not appear to be a judgemental sort of person...

Hah. grinning smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 29, 2016 19:36

If only the blade could tell what happened ?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 29, 2016 20:30

Keith pulled the blade and Johnny walked the plank?

Date: August 29, 2016 22:54

jlowe
Rockman

Actually Marianne Faithful was recently quoted in an interview that she doesn't envy Keith's lifestyle one bit.
The interviewer didn't ask her to elaborate (they never do).

Yes, who would? Surrounded by a loving family, gorgeous kids and lovely, loyal wife, multiple luxury residences around the world, famous friends, at 72 still doing what he loves best and being paid royally for it, adored by millions of fans, richer than God...who could possibly envy that?

Date: August 29, 2016 23:59

DandelionPowderman
«I haven't had contact with Johnny for quite a long time», said Keith the last time I read he was saying anything about Johnny. That must be over a year ago..

The 'journalists' never ask any follow up questions do they, like" Why"...or 'What happened to Pirates 5?'
You wonder if they have actually spoken to their subjects..or maybe just got replies from one of Keith's minions...who can't develop a response.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 30, 2016 00:33

Rockman
I can't help thinking he is just the latest in a long line of Keith's associates who thought they could take on his persona.

Yeah Flippo reacted well and that's sth few ppl who gravitated around the Stones understood : don't be like them, don't imitate them (= don't take drugs like they do).

Tarlé once revealed one of the conditions he was given an extended free residency and a "crate blanche" photopass at Nellcote was to be completely straight.
Cutler Miller Monk Keyes and countless others fell by the wayside because they forgot that rule. You work for the Stones? Be functional. being high is a privilege reserved to the band.

As far as Depp is concerned Keef probably got fed up with being next to a bad drugged replica of himself.

Date: August 30, 2016 00:43

dcba
Rockman

Yeah Flippo reacted well and that's sth few ppl who gravitated around the Stones understood : don't be like them, don't imitate them (= don't take drugs like they do).

Tarlé once revealed one of the conditions he was given an extended free residency and a "crate blanche" photopass at Nellcote was to be completely straight.
Cutler Miller Monk Keyes and countless others fell by the wayside because they forgot that rule. You work for the Stones? Be functional. being high is a privilege reserved to the band.

As far as Depp is concerned Keef probably got fed up with being next to a bad drugged replica of himself.

Add Nick Kent, Tony Sanchez, Gram Parsons, Andy Johns..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 09:32 by Bliss.

Posted by: marmass ()
Date: August 30, 2016 01:54

Graham Parker is alive and well... Maybe Gram Parsons?

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 30, 2016 02:03

Keith slagged on John Lennon because he said Lennon had to be carried out after every drug binge. Said he didn't like Crosby (Or Nash or Graham, one of them, can't remember) because he didn't know how to take drugs. I think Wyman reported that.
For someone who has gotten into all kinds of trouble with drugs it's amazing how judgmental he can be.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 30, 2016 02:12

wonderboy
Keith slagged on John Lennon because he said Lennon had to be carried out after every drug binge. Said he didn't like Crosby (Or Nash or Graham, one of them, can't remember) because he didn't know how to take drugs. I think Wyman reported that.
For someone who has gotten into all kinds of trouble with drugs it's amazing how judgmental he can be.

....hmm, my guess is Stills because he was known in certain circles as Buffalo Nose back in the day....

Date: August 30, 2016 02:24

ROCKMAN

Date: August 30, 2016 08:33

marmass
Graham Parker is alive and well... Maybe Gram Parsons?

Nick Kent, too..

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: August 30, 2016 11:42

Keith and Johnny usually get together if they happen to be in the same town. When the Stones rehearsed in Los Angeles Johnny and Amber met Keith in a Hollywood restaurant. By the way, Keith took Johnny's side in the divorce. I know that Keith read detailed reports of Amber's domestic abuse charges and he took Johnny's side because the police scrutinized both Amber and the house and determined that no violence had taken place. She applied bruises later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 11:57 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 30, 2016 12:45

Rockman

>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home