Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keith's and Johnny Depp's friendship - what happened?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 30, 2016 13:01

wonderboy
For someone who has gotten into all kinds of trouble with drugs it's amazing how judgmental he can be.

But but but there are miles of kinds of trouble with drugs that Keith hasn't gotten into.
He's only really ever gotten into a few kinds of trouble, unless you count being caricatured in outlandish ways.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 30, 2016 13:10

with sssoul
wonderboy
For someone who has gotten into all kinds of trouble with drugs it's amazing how judgmental he can be.

But but but there are miles of kinds of trouble with drugs that Keith hasn't gotten into.
He's only really ever gotten into a few kinds of trouble, unless you count being caricatured in outlandish ways.

...& outlawed by society, & hunted down by the 'powers that be'.

Date: August 30, 2016 13:43

RoughJusticeOnYa
with sssoul
wonderboy

...& outlawed by society, & hunted down by the 'powers that be'.

Yes, but as Keith has famously put it, "I've never had a problem with drugs, I've only had problems with police."
Wonderboy was taking exception to Keith's lack of tolerance for people who have trouble with drugs
as if Keith himself has had "all kinds", which he hasn't.

Besides, the Stones were "hunted as outlaws" way before any of them were busted for drugs,
and they played up the image for all it was worth. It got less amusing there for a while, of course,
and I did count that as one of the few kinds of trouble Keith has had - but he pulled on through anyway.

All kinds of blessings and well-being on all the Rolling Stones, for good

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 16:55 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: August 30, 2016 16:20

with sssoul
wonderboy

After reading George Jones' great autobiography, Keith seems like a good boy compared to Jones.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 30, 2016 16:21

What happened? Two words.
Train. Wreck.

Date: August 30, 2016 16:56

35love
Train. Wreck.

But what are you referring to, 35love my dear?
Depp and Heard, or Depp and Richards?
Until further notice I assume the former.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 30, 2016 17:29

wonderboy
Keith slagged on John Lennon because he said Lennon had to be carried out after every drug binge. Said he didn't like Crosby (Or Nash or Graham, one of them, can't remember) because he didn't know how to take drugs. I think Wyman reported that.

He earned that judgement. They couldn't take it.

Nothing wrong with that. I suppose you're perfect.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 30, 2016 18:09

Come on!
Keith has gotten into all kinds of trouble with drugs, that we know of, and probably lots of stuff we don't.
Been to rehab-type things many times (all those private clinics and nurses going back to the 60s count), raised his children in chaotic environments, constantly showing up late for his job, been arrested, needs minders to get him through the day, worst of all squandered a lot of his songwriting ability.

I love the man and what he's done despite it all, and he is a survivor with a powerful will, but the drug use is a sad thing. When I see some of those pictures like him zonked out in a dressed room I just feel sad for him.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 30, 2016 18:14

with sssoul
Yes, but as Keith has famously put it, "I've never had a problem with drugs, I've only had problems with police."
Wonderboy was taking exception to Keith's lack of tolerance for people who have trouble with drugs
as if Keith himself has had "all kinds", which he hasn't.

...and he never turned blue in anyone's bathroom. That would be in bad taste. grinning smiley

Date: August 30, 2016 18:14

wonderboy
Come on!
Keith has gotten into all kinds of trouble with drugs, that we know of, and probably lots of stuff we don't.

No dear. What you name is not "all kinds of trouble with drugs".
There are many many many more kinds of trouble than that.
And it was Brian, not Keith, who went to rehab-type places in the '60s.

But I digress.
We could all just forego judging others harshly, especially when we don't know the facts,
and meanwhile since chatoyancy says Keith is still friendly with Depp I'll go with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 19:15 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 30, 2016 18:43

If the deep lines on Keith's face could tell a story...
(well actually they do - albeit open to interpretation).

Date: August 30, 2016 19:33

Wonderboy is just confused. I'm not sure how but he is.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 30, 2016 19:46

GasLightStreet
Wonderboy is just confused. I'm not sure how but he is.

Maybe not expressing myself correctly.
When I was getting sober, I used to listen to 'Before the Make me Run' constantly. It's a great anthem for recovery.
But one thing about recovery is that you can't deal in some of the addict bullshit that Keith has spread, and people spread for him. In defense of him, I do think he throws that stuff out there as a protective cover, sort of playing the act, in a strange way it probably helps him maintain his privacy.

Date: August 30, 2016 21:00

with sssoul
35love
Train. Wreck.

But what are you referring to, 35love my dear?
Depp and Heard, or Depp and Richards?
Until further notice I assume the former.

*OF COURSE I MEANT DEPP!
Keith knows when to step.

ETA:
Dumb Depp. Listen, I got sympathy for what ails. But dude is a
Train. Wreck.
Needs a serious 2-3 year dry out.
Bless him, I've never been a Depp fan,
but he's way, way over. Hope he can get healthy mind and body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 21:03 by 35love.

Date: August 30, 2016 21:21

Ugh, last thought sorry.

When I guess 'Keith knows when to step'
I don't mean in a cold, uncaring manner.
As we all know, we can't save people from addiction destruction, especially
when you have your own life/family/sanity to contend and try and maintain.
It is the wise man (woman?) who knows when to let go,
and not to go down with the ship.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 31, 2016 05:22

35love
Train. Wreck.

funny....and probably a little true...but didn't things fall apart when Depp was supposedly doing a documentary on KR...that never transpired.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 31, 2016 07:06

Herald Sun -- 31 August 2016

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 31, 2016 07:45

I wasn't sure what to think when Depp said something like ...
"just let me know which charities Amber wants to contribute the money to and I will send them check directly"...

...then I saw his billboards...
and still didn't know what to think...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 31, 2016 20:35

Keithettes have been buying the media hype for years ,the ultimate drug taker,the surviver that will live forever.
you'd think adults would've seen by now that the whole thing was the result of major pose.the messy hair,the mascara and the dangling cigarette mixed with the overactive imaginations of rock journalists of just how awesomely,amazingly wasted Keith was.
For one thing,he didn't even mainline the junk,preferring to shoot it in a muscle which lessens the effects.that's not even hardcore let alone something that would make you some sort of king of drugs.
and it takes alot of imagination to see a millionare that has his high priced lawyers get him off on every charge brought against him as a hunted outlaw.

Johnny Depp spun out a bit because he was in a bad marriage and his mother died during the same time period.the same thing happens to millions of people,when they react badly i doubt that means they are trying to be an english rock star.

Johnny is fine,the guys still an incredible actor and did a great job as Whitey Bulger in Black Mass and has been touring just for fun with a little pick up band with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry.

this thing"the spirit of Keith has inhabited him as he tried and failed like many others to walk in the footsteps" i mean, seriously?-just grow up.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 31, 2016 23:38

lem motlow
Keithettes have been buying the media hype for years ,the ultimate drug taker,the surviver that will live forever.
you'd think adults would've seen by now that the whole thing was the result of major pose.the messy hair,the mascara and the dangling cigarette mixed with the overactive imaginations of rock journalists of just how awesomely,amazingly wasted Keith was.
For one thing,he didn't even mainline the junk,preferring to shoot it in a muscle which lessens the effects.that's not even hardcore let alone something that would make you some sort of king of drugs.
and it takes alot of imagination to see a millionare that has his high priced lawyers get him off on every charge brought against him as a hunted outlaw.

Johnny Depp spun out a bit because he was in a bad marriage and his mother died during the same time period.the same thing happens to millions of people,when they react badly i doubt that means they are trying to be an english rock star.

Johnny is fine,the guys still an incredible actor and did a great job as Whitey Bulger in Black Mass and has been touring just for fun with a little pick up band with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry.

this thing"the spirit of Keith has inhabited him as he tried and failed like many others to walk in the footsteps" i mean, seriously?-just grow up.

What a rude and insulting post. Seeing Johhny Depp change since he became friends with Keith, it is obvious to me that he was besotted with him. He has been apparently trying to morph into Keith long before his mother died and before his marriage.

ETA: However, I agree with this - "...and it takes alot of imagination to see a millionare that has his high priced lawyers get him off on every charge brought against him as a hunted outlaw."

And it is horrible to think of all those who foolishly attempted to emulate their hero Keith though having none of his resources or safety nets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 08:26 by Bliss.

Date: September 2, 2016 00:48

Seeing as how you don't know either of these people and have never met them,exactly how has the public persona of Johnny Depp that you are given through tv interviews and magazine articles morphed into the public persona of Keith Richards that you have been fed through tv interviews and magazine articles in your view?

drinking,taking drugs,acting crazy? you could just as easily say he was channeling Hunter Thompson who he was also a close friend of and a charactor he played in a movie.

the truth is people smoke cigarettes,drink and get high-it's not something unique to english rock stars.you do know that Jack Sparrow was a charactor in a movie right?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2016 01:28

The BIG question really is --- How long does it take Deppy ta get thru airport security?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 2, 2016 01:29

jambay
I wasn't sure what to think when Depp said something like ...
"just let me know which charities Amber wants to contribute the money to and I will send them check directly"...

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2016 02:23

Keith met Depp through his friendship with Marlon. Always seemed to me to be more about hero worship than a real friendship...but what do I know? Anyhow, I doubt either one of them lays awake at night missing the other.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 2, 2016 03:48

His Majesty
jambay

smiling bouncing smiley
grinning smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 2, 2016 14:47

lem motlow
Seeing as how you don't know either of these people and have never met them,exactly how has the public persona of Johnny Depp that you are given through tv interviews and magazine articles morphed into the public persona of Keith Richards that you have been fed through tv interviews and magazine articles in your view?

drinking,taking drugs,acting crazy? you could just as easily say he was channeling Hunter Thompson who he was also a close friend of and a charactor he played in a movie.

the truth is people smoke cigarettes,drink and get high-it's not something unique to english rock stars.you do know that Jack Sparrow was a charactor in a movie right?

See photos above eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-02 15:08 by Bliss.

Date: September 2, 2016 14:50

And we all know who that character was inspired by. Johnny always goes to great lengths in his research, right...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-02 14:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 2, 2016 20:17

Uh... how is Depp "trying to morph into Keith"? Bliss - you say that lem motlow's post is "rude and insulting".

What, are you a Millennial? There's nothing "rude and insulting" about what he said. He was spot on about the Keith fanboys.

So, since it seems to be a mystery for some people for some asinine reason, here is something that may help with 'is Johnny trying to be Keith' crap:

Depp admits he used Richards as a model for the dreadlocked, mascaraed Jack. As Roger Ebert wrote, "Depp seems to be channeling a drunken drag queen, with his eyeliner and the way he minces ashore and slurs his dialogue ever so insouciantly."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Johnny Depp saw this as a big insight into what Jack Sparrow could be like, but he knew he needed a real rock star to get some inspiration from. So he turned to his friend Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, who he viewed as ‘the greatest rock and roll star of all times’.

Picture of Keith Richards who was the inspiration for Jack Sparrow.He secretly studied Keith Richards whenever he was around him, trying to absorb as much as he could in the time he had before starting the movie. Many of the mannerisms, personality traits, and even voice of Jack Sparrow grew out of Depp’s study of Keith Richards.

He also looked to Keith Richards again for some rock star inspiration. Richards had a habit of collecting little trinkets as souvenirs from his travels on the road and tying them to his hair.

At that point nobody could deny that Johnny Depp had made the right choice, the Jack Sparrow that he fought so hard for had succeeded beyond all expectations.

As for Keith Richards… well he didn’t find out that he was one of the big inspirations for Jack Sparrow until after the movie came out. Not sure if that’s how I’d want to find something like that out but hey maybe he likes surprises.

Picture of Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones acting as Captain Teague, father of Jack Sparrow in Pirates Of The Caribbean.He must have been okay with it though because he ended up accepting a role in Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End.

The character he played? The guitar playing Captain Teague, Jack Sparrow’s father.

[anitasnotebook.com]

Date: September 3, 2016 18:49

Bliss
lem motlow

See photos above eye rolling smiley

ok,i'm seeing the photos above- and i'm gonna try to work with you here.

- I see the mustache that Keith tried and failed miserably to copy when they were hanging out.at least he didn't try to copy Johnnys tattoos those don't come off as easily.
I see a sort of hipster long in the front, short in the back haircut,that looks just like keiths grey and bald look-and by that i mean not even close.

Black shirt,keith probably has a black shirt and Johnny is probably wearing one because of that.pretty much all of us who wear black shirts do it because of keith because keith invented the black shirt thing.

Oh wait ,i see it.that is like so far out man-he has skulls on his rings and bracelet and Keith wears bracelets and rings with skulls too and Keith like ..invented that.i mean if you take away every biker and heavy metal dude on the planet like.. keith totally owns that style man.

You are so right,when you wear the same jewelry as someone like that totally means that you pattern your life after them man, i so see it now.
You wear the same shoes,hat,scarf as keith it says it all,you're patterning your whole entire being after him,"besotted" as you attempt to"morph" into that which is his awesomeness.thanks i missed that the first time.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 3, 2016 19:03

Rockman

The BIG question really is --- How long does it take Deppy ta get thru airport security?????

>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home