Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keith's and Johnny Depp's friendship - what happened?
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 3, 2016 19:37

about 4 seconds-a limo pulls up next to a private jet and adios.

they might put a wand over someone,i think they did it to Mick in "being mick" and he sort of rolled his eyes.so with that delay always possible,the answer is maybe 20 seconds.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 4, 2016 01:21

At the 2009 "Scream awards" Depp inducted Keith as an immortal or somesuch,
and it was quite amusing that after Depp had clearly "dressed up as Keith" -
hat, unbuttoned shirtcuffs etc - Keith came out without any of The Usual Stuff on.
It was funny :E

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2016 02:41

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 4, 2016 03:18

I've always thought of Depp as a diluted form of multiple influences lacking any authentic originality of his own.

Date: September 4, 2016 11:11

Hairball
I've always thought of Depp as a diluted form of multiple influences lacking any authentic originality of his own.

Well ...
I'm not a Depp fan but isn't that what actors are for?
Anyway I don't know him and I'm not a judge.

Date: September 6, 2016 21:06

with sssoul
hat, unbuttoned shirtcuffs etc - Keith came out without any of The Usual Stuff on.

Maybe Keith thought his Johnny Depp wannabe mustache was enough for them to look bonded.

Lets be honest for a moment,for Depp those hats and bandanas are a style.for Keith they are a way of covering up a severely receding hairline and a huge bald spot on the back of his head.

Date: September 6, 2016 21:45

And Keith is still hot. He can't help it :E

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 6, 2016 23:57

lem motlow
with sssoul

Maybe Keith thought his Johnny Depp wannabe mustache was enough for them to look bonded.

Lets be honest for a moment,for Depp those hats and bandanas are a style.for Keith they are a way of covering up a severely receding hairline and a huge bald spot on the back of his head.

Style is about knowing how to look good...that includes playing up your best assets and downplaying your worst. Keith knows how to do both well, he always has.

Date: September 7, 2016 01:07

Keith alaways manages to look cool as hell,but you can't just just assign very basic rock and roll style to a person and say anyone who uses any of it is "morphing into"that person and is so smitten with them that everything they do is a copy.

If you think Keith invented headbands,hats and scarves i have some friends who are very hardcore Jimi Hendrix fans who would like to have a chat with you.

i've heard it called "biting someones style" you take a piece of what they do and use it,everyone does it.

The prayer scarves from the 70's for instance come from George Harrison,they are part of Georges religion and i say this as someone who is no fan of the Beatles,but fair is fair.it doesn't mean Keith was a George Harrison wannabe, he just bit his style a little.some fairness is in order is all i'm saying.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: September 7, 2016 06:49

I don't think Keith got his scarf style from George Harrison, whose style came from India. When I met Keith there was a huge photo hanging over his fireplace of Keith in a black head scarf which reminded me of Omar Sharif in Lawrence of Arabia. Photo by Annie Leibovitz. Keith's white and red scarves seem more Islamic than Hindu. He probably purchased his first scarves in the markets of Morocco when he went there with Brian and Anita. One of his red and white scarves has Arabic writing on it so he probably did get it in Ethiopia. I know he reads Haile Selassie.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-07 07:21 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 7, 2016 07:44

Keith showed the blade and Johnny Walker?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 7, 2016 10:17

lem motlow

If you think Keith invented headbands,hats and scarves i have some friends who are very hardcore Jimi Hendrix fans who would like to have a chat with you.

I have some Native American friends who'd like to have a chat with those Jimi Hendrix fans. I also have some [admittedly dead] "friends" from the European Middle Ages who'd like to have a chat with them. Plus [admittedly dead] "friends" in many Eastern lands from the B.C.E. era who'd like to have a chat with all those other friends. Etc.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 7, 2016 10:30

Doesn't Keith's website have an 'Ask Keith' section ?
I'm sure he'd be delighted to reveal all.

Date: September 7, 2016 21:11

chatoyancy
I don't think Keith got his scarf style from George Harrison, whose style came from India. When I met Keith there was a huge photo hanging over his fireplace of Keith in a black head scarf which reminded me of Omar Sharif in Lawrence of Arabia. Photo by Annie Leibovitz. Keith's white and red scarves seem more Islamic than Hindu. He probably purchased his first scarves in the markets of Morocco when he went there with Brian and Anita. One of his red and white scarves has Arabic writing on it so he probably did get it in Ethiopia. I know he reads Haile Selassie.

Islamic? no-that wasn't a gay person Keith threw off the building it was a television.

But seriously,no.those scarves are very distinct,they have different symbols on them OM,Kali and such.they are known commonly as "prayer scarves" and are worn during meditation and prayer by the Hindu and Buddhist religions.
The first time i ever saw one George Harrison was wearing it so i assumed he brought them into rock culture.That would make sense for George,anyone else it's just a fashion statement.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: September 8, 2016 06:02

The writing on the scarf I saw was Arabic not Sanskrit but he probably does have Hindu scarves too. Yes he did show a blade! He was flipping an open jack knife in the air like an adept juggler. Then he took a shot gun down from over the doorway and he cocked it. Quite a show. No Jack Daniels, only Heineken and Jamaican smoke that knocked me over with one puff as I listened to him strum his cracked Gibson. "That's the problem with Gibsons".

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home