Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 28, 2016 18:44

NICOS
Cristiano Radtke
shortfatfanny
Quique-stone
shortfatfanny
Had to take my father to hospital this afternoon and just arrived home...now it's too late to go...

I don't mind...sometimes there are people and things to handle and to deal with which are much more important than a movie or something else.

Anyway,hope those who watch stones at havana will have fun...

Agree 100%! I hope your father is well now!
Let cross your fingers and hope for a second chance to watch the movie!
thumbs up

Thank you for your kind words.

Here's wishing you and your father all the best!

First your family and then the rest.............hope it's getting better with you father...

Thanks Christiano and NICOS...yeah,meanwhile he's doing better...slowly but constantly.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 28, 2016 22:02

shortfatfanny
yeah,meanwhile he's doing better...slowly but constantly.

Missed your initial post. Good to see he is doing better. All the best. Love from Holland.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 28, 2016 23:23

Did see Havana Moon tonight. What a performance! Just a shame that they left out several songs! But what astonishes me most is that this is 10 YEARS after Shine a Light and they play MUCH better. Unreal. When will it stop? Can't wait for Europe 2017!

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: September 29, 2016 05:49

I saw the show in Perth with a mate a couple of nights ago, enjoyed it very much, packed house, thought RW was overdoing the posing quite significantly however

Posted by: Ronnierocks ()
Date: September 29, 2016 12:09

Not sure this has been mentioned before...but will mention anyway.

The Rolling Stones historic ‘Havana Moon’ concert will be released on DVD in November but for some reason it is five songs short of the actual show.
Dropped from the show for the DVD are ‘Tumbling Dice’, ‘All Down The Line’, ‘Before They Make You Run’, ‘Miss You’ and ‘Start Me Up’.

Why leave out some great tracks?

Date: September 29, 2016 12:17

Paulhanrahan
I saw the show in Perth with a mate a couple of nights ago, enjoyed it very much, packed house, thought RW was overdoing the posing quite significantly however

And Mick and Keith didn't? winking smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 29, 2016 12:30

Ronnierocks
Not sure this has been mentioned before...but will mention anyway.

The Rolling Stones historic ‘Havana Moon’ concert will be released on DVD in November but for some reason it is five songs short of the actual show.
Dropped from the show for the DVD are ‘Tumbling Dice’, ‘All Down The Line’, ‘Before They Make You Run’, ‘Miss You’ and ‘Start Me Up’.

Why leave out some great tracks?

2CD+DVD

Bonus Features DVD
1) Tumbling Dice
2) All Down The Line
3) Before They Make Me Run
4) Miss You
5) Start Me Up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 29, 2016 13:05

Ronnierocks

Not sure this has been mentioned before...

For sure: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .... winking smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 29, 2016 13:26

What's the rationale for splitting off the five bonus tracks when they were played as part of the show?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 29, 2016 17:42

To make it seem there's bonus material? Funny enough I enjoyed a shorter set list in the theater, but at home I would prefer it complete and in play list order. And if there's no bonus material don't use trickery to build it up. That's my two cents.

Date: September 29, 2016 17:58

frankotero
To make it seem there's bonus material? Funny enough I enjoyed a shorter set list in the theater, but at home I would prefer it complete and in play list order. And if there's no bonus material don't use trickery to build it up. That's my two cents.

Does anyone pick up these DVDs and say "Wow! Bonus songs for free!"? Some of my old DVDs actually list "Theatrical Trailer and Interactive Menus" as bonus features. I'd much prefer they just include the whole show. I'm sure they're not short of other footage to include a genuine bonus.

Date: September 29, 2016 18:02

A nice bonus would be to see them travelling around Cuba, maybe interacting with the locals. Stuff like that, could even be short and sweet. Kind of like the interview before the film at the theater. I really enjoyed that.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 29, 2016 18:38

frankotero
A nice bonus would be to see them travelling around Cuba, maybe interacting with the locals. Stuff like that, could even be short and sweet. Kind of like the interview before the film at the theater. I really enjoyed that.

No. Because - who really needs stuff like this, stuff you only watch once and then never again?

A nice bonus would be interesting stuff from the rehearsals, they could have even done a special "Cuba soundcheck" with two or three songs that don't appear in the concert setlist. The rarer the stuff, the better. Maybe Around And Around. Or Confessin' The Blues. Or Lady Jane. Or I Heard It Through the Grapevine. Or whatever.

That's the kind of bonus material I'm dreaming of. Could even be more interesting than the main program which offers nothing, simply NOTHING NEW AT ALL!

Date: September 29, 2016 20:26

Holy cow alimente, I was thinking more reality like. Even though I want the same thing as you. In the end we get 5 songs that were in the set list. I could say something real cynical but I'm holding tongue, considering the Mono Box and other products of late. Still I'm keeping the faith, and saving some money at the same time. Maybe this is a good thing!

Date: September 29, 2016 21:11

frankotero
Holy cow alimente, I was thinking more reality like. Even though I want the same thing as you. In the end we get 5 songs that were in the set list. I could say something real cynical but I'm holding tongue, considering the Mono Box and other products of late. Still I'm keeping the faith, and saving some money at the same time. Maybe this is a good thing!

That's exactly the point. We, as Stones fans, have to lower our expectations all the time in order to not get disappointed. I observe with tremendous jealousy what other artists offer their fans. But at least the Stones have opened their vaults in recent years...at least a bit.

Concerning "Havana Moon" - I did NOT GO to any cinema screenings because I simply do not want to support the milking of the same material another time. What's different to, let's say, "Sweet Summer Sun"? Oh, the show took place in Cuba instead of London... Historical gig... Blah, blah, blah... Of course it was "great". "Stunning". "Fantastic". Whatever. But in the end they all sound and even look the same as long as it's the same show milked again and again. Only recorded in different places around the world. What's next? Ah, Ole Ole Ole. Hoping for a soundboard of She's A Rainbow there. Is that too much to ask for? Probably.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 29, 2016 21:16

Is this movie worth buying when it comes out? I wasn't too impressed with SSS but maybe this one is more exciting to watch. It may at least be worth to hunt down a used copy somewhere.

Date: September 29, 2016 21:39

alimente, I think you're right on all counts. But the usual come back will be "at least we still have them" which is true of course. But yeah, I wish they would offer some real quality "un-issued/un-re-remastered" products. Apparently this is working for them though or they wouldn't continue in this direction. That's my logic for what it's worth.

Date: September 29, 2016 21:58

frankotero
alimente, I think you're right on all counts. But the usual come back will be "at least we still have them" which is true of course. But yeah, I wish they would offer some real quality "un-issued/un-re-remastered" products. Apparently this is working for them though or they wouldn't continue in this direction. That's my logic for what it's worth.

Of course this will be the usual reaction. But is it really true that we still have them? The days of the Stones as a functioning band in the truest sense of the word are long gone IMHO. What we have now is close to no new music for decades now and four individuals who still get together for some weeks in a year to act like The Rolling Stones, making some decent cash and of course, I don't doubt that, still having some fun by playing some music and getting the adrenaline rush from their fans while being on stage. What we have, or better, what we get, is the perfect illusion.

Date: September 29, 2016 22:19

Yep, good observations. But what's the alternative? Myself, I'm enjoying a few gigs and some of the box sets like Some Girls and Brussels. Havana Moon was nice to see on the big screen and there's rumor of a new album or two. Other than digging deeper into the vaults I don't know what else they can or will do. Maybe they're saving a lot of material for their children and grand children to continue the legacy? Who knows.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 29, 2016 23:50

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-29 23:53 by Rockman.

Date: September 30, 2016 03:15

frankotero
Yep, good observations. But what's the alternative? Myself, I'm enjoying a few gigs and some of the box sets like Some Girls and Brussels. Havana Moon was nice to see on the big screen and there's rumor of a new album or two. Other than digging deeper into the vaults I don't know what else they can or will do. Maybe they're saving a lot of material for their children and grand children to continue the legacy? Who knows.

That's the point - what's the alternative? I am still enjoying a Stones gig, but when I'm totally honest, mostly for other reasons than the actual music being played. As I see it, the last truly adventurous days were the Licks tour with its stadium/arena/club shows concept. Within the current concept and increasingly shorter setlists, I doubt that we will see all too many surprises in future (let Ronnie do one song, I Can Feel The Fire or...). I generally enjoy their releases from the vaults, but they started this 10, maybe even twenty years too late. And there's still no sign of any ABKCO-era studio albums deluxe editions or box sets. Look, I don't expect any groundbreaking stuff from them anymore, but would have loved this mysterious blues covers album released already five or six years ago, to fill the 12 years gap between ABB and their next Jagger/Richards songs studio album in 2017 a bit better. Jeeez, I love the effortlessnes of Little Baby on Stripped a lot more than almost everything on the forced-sounding ABB album... Not releasing the Honda Theatre show on CD/DVD/BlueRay in its entirety, just giving us Stickers Fingers Live as lossy iTunes files is another miracle considering how much Sweet Summer Sun and Havana Moon actually overlap. I could go on and on, but maybe it's just a case of "to everything there's a season". Honestly, without the opening of the vaults I would most probably have lost any interest in their activities already years ago.

Date: September 30, 2016 10:20

I totally get what you're saying, alimente, but this time they actually made a concert movie which was more musically interesting than Sweet Summer Sun.

Maybe it's the best they can do right now? I don't know.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the blues album smiling smiley

Date: September 30, 2016 11:19

alimente
frankotero

That's exactly the point. We, as Stones fans, have to lower our expectations all the time in order to not get disappointed. I observe with tremendous jealousy what other artists offer their fans. But at least the Stones have opened their vaults in recent years...at least a bit.

Concerning "Havana Moon" - I did NOT GO to any cinema screenings because I simply do not want to support the milking of the same material another time. What's different to, let's say, "Sweet Summer Sun"? Oh, the show took place in Cuba instead of London... Historical gig... Blah, blah, blah... Of course it was "great". "Stunning". "Fantastic". Whatever. But in the end they all sound and even look the same as long as it's the same show milked again and again. Only recorded in different places around the world. What's next? Ah, Ole Ole Ole. Hoping for a soundboard of She's A Rainbow there. Is that too much to ask for? Probably.

Alimente, you're absolutely correct about them recycling the same show for the past four years. I know we can't change what they play and I don't know their reasons for the very conservative song selection but... given their huge back catalogue, I cannot understand why they choose to limit themselves to the same 18 songs, give or take the odd change of track now and again. C'est la vie.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 30, 2016 11:21

DandelionPowderman
I totally get what you're saying, alimente, but this time they actually made a concert movie which was more musically interesting than Sweet Summer Sun.

Maybe it's the best they can do right now? I don't know.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the blues album smiling smiley

I know many of the songs will be the same as Sweet Summer Sun, but still I look forward to seeing Havana Moon. From the trailers, it looks like it might be an even better performance.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: September 30, 2016 12:06

Personally I think the Cuba performance is superior to Sweet Summer Sun. Then again they've had a few years to perfect this recipe. Maybe they're afraid to venture out and do deep cuts because they would come off half baked? Think of Silver Train. I would have loved to witness that but I suspect they are not trying to impress the fan base, they already have us. Anyhow, I agree with everything alimente has said, probably a lot of us feel this way. They could reward us with more vault releases at least, think that might be satisfying enough. Thinking of the set list I can't help think of Mick's recent video on their app. If you don't already know he asks what we'd like to hear at Desert Trip. The cynical side of says "yeah right". also, I feel this a bit of a smack in our faces. Surely he knows how we feel.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 30, 2016 17:24

German amazon has nice price at pre-order for Deluxe edition. Just to let you know. Some 25 Euros before tax and S&H
[www.amazon.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-30 17:25 by ironbelly.

Date: September 30, 2016 18:22

Thank you for posting that ironbelly. Was planning for the bluray/cd package but at that price why not.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 30, 2016 21:26

THE ROLLING STONES
HAVANA MOON
Retransmission Opéra/Concert
from 2016/9/23 to 2016/11/5.

LA GEODE - LA VILLETTE
26, av Corentin-Cariou
75019 PARIS 19

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 30, 2016 23:04

ironbelly
German amazon has nice price at pre-order for Deluxe edition. Just to let you know. Some 25 Euros before tax and S&H
[www.amazon.de]

Thanks for that - just making sure, though:
Despite what it says at the top of that page, it's not really 4 DVDs;
it's "DVD, Blu-ray and 2CDs in a 60 page hardback photobook".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-30 23:06 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 30, 2016 23:06

with sssoul
ironbelly
[www.amazon.de]

Thanks for that - just making sure, though:
Despite what it says on that page, it's not really 4 DVDs, correct?

"Deluxe Edition contains the DVD, Blu-ray and 2CDs in a 60 page hardback photobook."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home