Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 4, 2017 15:40

Cheapest in Oslo.....so it's only £10 a pint then?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 4, 2017 15:50

Excellent to hear Herr Powderman grinning smiley And they have Karaoke too!

I walked past Rett Inn in the daytime 18 months ago and saw its daytime clientelle eye rolling smiley

IIRC, it worked out at about 5GBP for a beer there which would be super expensive for here in the UK but a bargain over your way. The Governments of the Scandinavian countries must rake in an absolute fortune in all the tax added to alcohol sold in bars because the basic product excluding tax is fairly cheap. I hope they spend it well....

Just today I found out that my boss is planning her holiday 1st July to 14th July so that might limit what gigs I can go to. I hope Oslo actually happens 1st July as then I can make it to that one.
If that's where the Show 2 of the IORR Band takes place then I'll definitely be there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-04 15:52 by grzegorz67.

Date: January 4, 2017 16:02

Stoneage
Cheapest in Oslo.....so it's only £10 a pint then?

Still £3.80, I believe smiling smiley

Date: January 4, 2017 16:04

grzegorz67
Excellent to hear Herr Powderman grinning smiley And they have Karaoke too!

I walked past Rett Inn in the daytime 18 months ago and saw its daytime clientelle eye rolling smiley

IIRC, it worked out at about 5GBP for a beer there which would be super expensive for here in the UK but a bargain over your way. The Governments of the Scandinavian countries must rake in an absolute fortune in all the tax added to alcohol sold in bars because the basic product excluding tax is fairly cheap. I hope they spend it well....

Just today I found out that my boss is planning her holiday 1st July to 14th July so that might limit what gigs I can go to. I hope Oslo actually happens 1st July as then I can make it to that one.
If that's where the Show 2 of the IORR Band takes place then I'll definitely be there.

As soon as the Stones-gig becomes official, we'll make sure there will be an IORR Band-gig!

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: January 4, 2017 17:33

DandelionPowderman

As soon as the Stones-gig becomes official, we'll make sure there will be an IORR Band-gig!

Yessss!!!!
this time with the complete band...with Steinschlag ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Marco ()
Date: January 4, 2017 19:58

Booked: Citybox Oslo at friends advice, but still haven't any idea how far it is from the venue, and how the transportation is.
Can cancel for free so no risk smiling smiley

Cheers, Marco

Date: January 4, 2017 20:31

Marco
Booked: Citybox Oslo at friends advice, but still haven't any idea how far it is from the venue, and how the transportation is.
Can cancel for free so no risk smiling smiley

That's downtown. A 10-15 minutes bus ride to the venue.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: January 4, 2017 23:37

Just booked the Anker Hostel.... just in case :-)
Hope to meet some of you that weekend!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 5, 2017 00:52

Announcement in February or March we thinking?

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: January 5, 2017 08:12

I booked the Frogner House hotel just in case - BV is this in a good area and reasonably close to the concert site?

Date: January 5, 2017 08:56

john lomax
I booked the Frogner House hotel just in case - BV is this in a good area and reasonably close to the concert site?

West side of town. Nice area. 20-25 minutes by tram and bus.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: January 5, 2017 13:49

I lived in Oslo for 5-6 years and never experienced any problems in the areas mentioned as dangerous. Actually, Grunerløkka and Grønland are probably the two most popular places to go for a coffee or a beer these days. However, the crime rates are a bit higher there than most other parts of Oslo. Some may find the area around Schweigaardsgate and Grønland subway station a bit insecure at night time, but generally the city itself is probably one of the safest capitals in the world. Most serious crime is gang and/or drug related and rarely effects “ordinary” people. The most common crime is probably pickpocketing, so be aware at crowded places such as the biggest train/subway stations – but this is the case in most major cities around the world I guess. The area around Oslo Central Station can seem a bit rough due to all the drug users and homeless people, but they rarely approach you if you don’t approach them. Oslo isn’t like Nairobi, Johannesburg, Rio de Janeiro or St. Louis. It’s overall a safe city to visit, and if you take your natural precautions, you should consider yourself unlucky to end up as a crime victim.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 8, 2017 16:58

Does anyone know about a not too expensive hotel near the Stade de France, Paris??
Might do an advance booking already.(like in oslo)
Jeroen

Date: January 8, 2017 17:11

For people who want to go to the Nijmegen Gig (july 14),and want to book in advance...Hotel courage, waalkade Nijmegen .. E 79 for 2 people. looks like a good deal.
jeroen

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 8, 2017 17:12

corriecas
Does anyone know about a not too expensive hotel near the Stade de France, Paris??
Jeroen

I would not book a room yet. They will play Paris but not necessarily on the rumoured date. I would wait some weeks.

Date: January 8, 2017 17:21

Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Jeroen

I would not book a room yet. They will play Paris but not necessarily on the rumoured date. I would wait some weeks.

Thanks Monsoon, i know. But as it is my birthday, June 24...i am sure the Stones will do me a favour. Being a fan since 1973. hhahahahahah.
jeroen

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: January 8, 2017 19:05

thanks Jeroen! I booked (just in case) in Nijmegen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-08 19:07 by jackflash27.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 8, 2017 19:43

...and I wouldn't book a hotel near Stade de France.
That's a tough neighborhood.

Last time I booked near Paris Nord. Also not the cheeriest neighborhood, but located perfectly to get back home.

Date: January 8, 2017 22:03

corriecas
Jeroen

St Denis is not a nice area at all. Stay elsewhere in Paris. For concerts in Paris, I always stay at a hostel in Montmatre, which is an OK area. You can get around anywhere in Paris by Local train or the metro.

It's called the Montclair Montmatre and it's good, clean and very cheap.

Date: January 8, 2017 22:22

Thanks for the input.
jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 8, 2017 22:48

BowieStone
...and I wouldn't book a hotel near Stade de France.

Yeah sage advice. For the price of a subway ticket you can travel back to Paris which is much safer than the "hot" Saint-Denis suburb.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: January 8, 2017 22:56

I stayed at the Ibis "near" stade de France in 2014. I thought I could walk to the stadium but it actually turned out to be one stop on the metro. Very dodgy area - after the show I was a bit drunk and when I got out of the metro station I got lost.... Wandering around St Denis at 1am whilst inebriated is not a great idea. Next time it would make much more sense to stay in Paris itself!

Date: January 8, 2017 23:33

john lomax
I stayed at the Ibis "near" stade de France in 2014. I thought I could walk to the stadium but it actually turned out to be one stop on the metro. Very dodgy area - after the show I was a bit drunk and when I got out of the metro station I got lost.... Wandering around St Denis at 1am whilst inebriated is not a great idea. Next time it would make much more sense to stay in Paris itself!

I stayed in St Denis when I saw them on the BtB tour in 1998. The 1st concert ever played thetre and the Stones claimed the honour. I naiively walked back to my hotel after the show. I passed all sorts of creepy looking people along the way. First and last time I ever stsyed in St Denis! And it's much worse now than it was back then. The Stade de France had only very recently been opened then so the area had enjoyed some recent investment. I assume it was only built there in the 1st place because of the cheap land.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 9, 2017 00:05

If I was going to stay in the area of St Denis then I would require a tank and some hellfire missiles.

Joking aside that area is not very nice at all and it is not advisable to book a room there I would stay in the centre of Paris where you can still find reasonably cheap accomadation.

Others have recommended places to stay and you can also find plenty of ibis hotels in central Paris that are not expensive the Generator hostel is also a good place to stay and only 10 minutes walk from Gare Du Nord train station.

It is a short train ride from the Gare Du Nord to the stadium.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 9, 2017 13:55

No U2-show in Oslo (U2-Tour).

Another big act is gonna play there...

Date: January 9, 2017 15:15

In Summer 2017, The Rolling Stones will NOT play at the following venues on the stated dates (U2 are playing the Joshua Tree in full):

Sat Jul 8 London UK Twickenham Stadium
Wed Jul 12 Berlin DE Olympic Stadium
Sat Jul 15 Rome IT Olympic Stadium
Tue Jul 18 Barcelona ES Olympic Stadium
Sat Jul 22 Dublin IE Croke Park
Tue Jul 25 Paris FR Stade De France
Sat Jul 29 Amsterdam NL Amsterdam Arena
Tue Aug 1 Brussels BE Stade Roi-Baudoin

So we can eliminate them from the guessing. I'll probably be at the U2 show in Twickenham. I wonder why they're playing at Twickenham ? Wembley isn't booked for that date yet. Hmmmm...

Bono and Mick are good mates so I'd be very surprised if they both played the same city on the same night. Unless the Stones are doing Sunday. I'd expect London to be the final show of the Stones' tour as it's their home city.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 9, 2017 15:32

grzegorz67

Sat Jul 8 London UK Twickenham Stadium
Wed Jul 12 Berlin DE Olympic Stadium
Sat Jul 15 Rome IT Olympic Stadium
Tue Jul 18 Barcelona ES Olympic Stadium
Sat Jul 22 Dublin IE Croke Park
Tue Jul 25 Paris FR Stade De France
Sat Jul 29 Amsterdam NL Amsterdam Arena
Tue Aug 1 Brussels BE Stade Roi-Baudoin
Enough time for some additional shows in London, Dublin, Paris.

Date: January 9, 2017 15:32

Keith and Bono also used to be good mates smiling smiley

Keith ALWAYS says good things about him.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 9, 2017 16:19

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Another post-show option is, after exiting the SDF, hopping on the line 13 of the subway : it'll take you right to the Champs-Elysées.
Strolling on the CE 20 minutes after seeing the boys live, ain't that nice?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 9, 2017 16:34

dcba
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Another post-show option is, after exiting the SDF, hopping on the line 13 of the subway : it'll take you right to the Champs-Elysées.
Strolling on the CE 20 minutes after seeing the boys live, ain't that nice?

I stayed right by the Gare Du Nord, during the '14 concert. Would have been awesome if not for the rail strike.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1997
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home