Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 9, 2017 16:40

MingSubu
dcba
Nate

It is a short train ride from the Gare Du Nord to the stadium.

Nate thumbs up

Another post-show option is, after exiting the SDF, hopping on the line 13 of the subway : it'll take you right to the Champs-Elysées.
Strolling on the CE 20 minutes after seeing the boys live, ain't that nice?

I stayed right by the Gare Du Nord, during the '14 concert. Would have been awesome if not for the rail strike.

Yep - I was there too and remember that strike. The metro station was chaos aftwards and the CRS struggled to control the crowds. Transport strikes are far from rare in France!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 9, 2017 17:38

Yeah I remember that strike we waited on the platform for maybe 30 minutes with no room to move so many people got to the stadium in plenty of time though and the show was awesome.

Nate thumbs up

Date: January 9, 2017 17:44

dcba
Nate

It is a short train ride from the Gare Du Nord to the stadium.

Nate thumbs up

Another post-show option is, after exiting the SDF, hopping on the line 13 of the subway : it'll take you right to the Champs-Elysées.
Strolling on the CE 20 minutes after seeing the boys live, ain't that nice?

I love that road every time I go to Paris I always go there I love to stand near place du concord and look at the Champs-Elysees at night with the Eiffel Tower just off to the left.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: January 9, 2017 17:51

When I read your posts about Paris I realise it's been a long time since I was in Paris the last time.... maybe I should go back... this summer :-)

Date: January 9, 2017 18:30

Paris is one of the worlds great cities.
It is a great city for walking I usually visit for two or three days and end up walking about 20 miles.
I love cities at night for me that is when they really come alive.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 9, 2017 18:39

Nate
It is a great city for walking I usually visit for two or three days and end up walking about 20 miles.

Nate thumbs up

Paris is overrated.

Date: January 9, 2017 18:53

BowieStone
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Paris is overrated.

That's a ridiculous statement it's like saying you don't like music or that sex is overrated.

Nate

Date: January 9, 2017 20:29

I'm not alone.

Paris is nice, but completely lacks the excitement of a city like London.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 9, 2017 21:59

Nate
BowieStone
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Paris is overrated.

That's a ridiculous statement it's like saying you don't like music or that sex is overrated.

Nate

It really isn't.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 9, 2017 23:02

BowieStone
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Paris is overrated.

Paris is great. That is where it started this time around back in Oct/Nov 2012. I have so many great memories from Paris, and I will always be back for this great city!

Bjornulf

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 9, 2017 23:08

BowieStone
I'm not alone.

You must be a very boring person, as all the turist on the poll

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 9, 2017 23:46

I really hope a Stones show in Paris pans out. I was supposed to go in 2003 but France had a transportation strike going on so we passed.

How far in advance have the Stones been announcing tours recently? or put another way, any guesses as to when this tour will be announced?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 9, 2017 23:50

If memory serves (but the IORR search engine will be a lot more accurate) they started selling tickets for the summer 2014 shows at the end of March and Hyde Park 2013 went on sale early April.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: January 9, 2017 23:50

I have seen Stones live in Paris on every tour since LICKS in 2003. Probably my favourite city to watch them play. The crowd has always been great and the band has played some magnificent concerts at Stade de France IMO. The weather is usually great too. I'll defintely go again if they turn up in Paris again.

Date: January 10, 2017 00:00

leteyer
BowieStone
I'm not alone.

You must be a very boring person, as all the turist on the poll

Be as that may. But as I said, excitement is just what Paris lacks.
And Parisiens aren't the friendliest people in the world. And that's an understatement.

But if the stones play there, I'm in. I thought their gig there in 2014 was one the best of the tour (only second to the Pinkpop gig).

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 10, 2017 00:05

Stade de France is a (france) commercial island in St. Denis near Paris.
Saw The Stones there once in 2007. Great show. Won't go to this area again.
Have fun everybody!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-10 00:35 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 10, 2017 00:33

July 14 Nijmegen Goffertpark?
okay, 2 days before:
July 12 Guns N Roses (Golden Circle 135 Euro)
So the Stones can use the same steel construction.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: January 10, 2017 01:24

About the Stade de France, in the north of Paris. I used to go there alone for concerts and I lived at the opposite in the south west of Paris... I agree with the messages that said don't stay in the Saint-Denis area.
At the end of the show, just follow the crowd back to the RER or the métro.
I prefer the métro. So it's very easy and you quickly arrive in some good parts of Paris. You can choose a hotel along the line n°13, preferably in Paris "intra-muros" winking smiley
This can help:
[www.hotelaparis.com]
Champs-Elysées area being very expensive, and not so nice to stay, if it was for me, I'd prefer to stay around the Duroc, Gaité, Montparnasse, Pernety, Plaisance stations. Maybe also La Fourche and Place de Clichy for those who want to be near Montmartre (but not in Montmartre).

Date: January 10, 2017 02:42

Sister Marie
About the Stade de France, in the north of Paris. I used to go there alone for concerts and I lived at the opposite in the south west of Paris... I agree with the messages that said don't stay in the Saint-Denis area.
I prefer the métro. So it's very easy and you quickly arrive in some good parts of Paris. You can choose a hotel along the line n°13, preferably in Paris "intra-muros" winking smiley
This can help:
[www.hotelaparis.com]
Champs-Elysées area being very expensive, and not so nice to stay, if it was for me, I'd prefer to stay around the Duroc, Gaité, Montparnasse, Pernety, Plaisance stations. Maybe also La Fourche and Place de Clichy for those who want to be near Montmartre (but not in Montmartre).

I've stayed in Montmartre on my last 3 visits to Paris - close to Jules Joffrin metro station. I liked it a lot. All 3 were for gigs - the Stones in 2007 & 2014 and Paul McCartney at Bercy last year. Hostel dorm bed for 24 EUR a night smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 10, 2017 11:56

Gaetzi
I really hope a Stones show in Paris pans out. I was supposed to go in 2003 but France had a transportation strike going on so we passed.

How far in advance have the Stones been announcing tours recently? or put another way, any guesses as to when this tour will be announced?

About 2,3 months before the tour, they announce it. Probably March..
Jeroen

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 10, 2017 12:11

grzegorz67
In Summer 2017, The Rolling Stones will NOT play at the following venues on the stated dates (U2 are playing the Joshua Tree in full):

Sat Jul 8 London UK Twickenham Stadium
Wed Jul 12 Berlin DE Olympic Stadium
Sat Jul 15 Rome IT Olympic Stadium
Tue Jul 18 Barcelona ES Olympic Stadium
Sat Jul 22 Dublin IE Croke Park
Tue Jul 25 Paris FR Stade De France
Sat Jul 29 Amsterdam NL Amsterdam Arena
Tue Aug 1 Brussels BE Stade Roi-Baudoin

So we can eliminate them from the guessing. I'll probably be at the U2 show in Twickenham. I wonder why they're playing at Twickenham ? Wembley isn't booked for that date yet. Hmmmm...

Bono and Mick are good mates so I'd be very surprised if they both played the same city on the same night. Unless the Stones are doing Sunday. I'd expect London to be the final show of the Stones' tour as it's their home city.

That means no way for a Stones show in Berlin this summer IMHO. U2 and RS attract 70% the same 'casual' fans, both band's in Berlin at the same time could mean poor sales for both.

Date: January 10, 2017 12:37

Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
In Summer 2017, The Rolling Stones will NOT play at the following venues on the stated dates (U2 are playing the Joshua Tree in full):

So we can eliminate them from the guessing. I'll probably be at the U2 show in Twickenham. I wonder why they're playing at Twickenham ? Wembley isn't booked for that date yet. Hmmmm...

Bono and Mick are good mates so I'd be very surprised if they both played the same city on the same night. Unless the Stones are doing Sunday. I'd expect London to be the final show of the Stones' tour as it's their home city.

That means no way for a Stones show in Berlin this summer IMHO. U2 and RS attract 70% the same 'casual' fans, both band's in Berlin at the same time could mean poor sales for both.

I don't think it would be a problem unless they were both in the same city on the same weekend. London is a big enough city to easily support both.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 10, 2017 15:39

grzegorz67
Sister Marie
This can help:
[www.hotelaparis.com]

I've stayed in Montmartre on my last 3 visits to Paris - close to Jules Joffrin metro station. I liked it a lot. All 3 were for gigs - the Stones in 2007 & 2014 and Paul McCartney at Bercy last year. Hostel dorm bed for 24 EUR a night smiling smiley

Montmartre is a wonderful area, the "real" Paris. You can easily avoid the Blanche and Pigalle area during nights if that's a problem. A few blocks upwards is great. And the hotels are cheaper there than most other areas.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 10, 2017 16:29

I've stayed around the Hard Rock Café a few times. Love that area. isn't that part of Montmartre? There's a real good Brew Pub there too. Always love a trip to Paris. Looks like this will be the gig I'm going to.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 10, 2017 16:35

grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67

I don't think it would be a problem unless they were both in the same city on the same weekend. London is a big enough city to easily support both.

No problem in London and maybe Paris or Amsterdam but perhaps in Berlin, Rome etc.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: January 10, 2017 18:17

u2 is coming to europe this summer... i was wondering.. did the stones and u2 ever tour at the same time in the same continent?????

[www.u2.com]

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-10 18:17 by MononoM.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 10, 2017 18:26

MononoM
did the stones and u2 ever tour at the same time in the same continent????

Yes. In 1997, 1998, 2005, 2006 and 2015. Maybe more.

Date: January 10, 2017 23:54

Booked at the Anker in Oslo Friday 30th June-Sunday 2nd July.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: January 11, 2017 01:08

Thommie
grzegorz67
Sister Marie
This can help:
[www.hotelaparis.com]

Montmartre is a wonderful area, the "real" Paris. You can easily avoid the Blanche and Pigalle area during nights if that's a problem. A few blocks upwards is great. And the hotels are cheaper there than most other areas.
You are right. By "not in Montmartre" I just meant that these stations were not inside the little real Montmartre area winking smiley

Date: January 11, 2017 01:32

Nate
Booked at the Anker in Oslo Friday 30th June-Sunday 2nd July.

Nate thumbs up

It's alright there Nate. Very Spartan and a bit hospital-like but clean and tidy with good wifi. The cheapest you'll get in Oslo by a mile. I'll be there if Oslo happens so might see you there. Any recent sightings of your mate Ronnie btw? He's always been the best band member for leaking touring plans grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home