Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: marlboro ()
Date: December 24, 2016 22:23

Sorry my english is to bad,but the Promoter for "Rock in Vienna" Werner Stockinger said this Week on TV "Ich bin genau so schlau wie all die anderen,es ist überhaupt nicht sicher das die R.Stones irgend wo hinfahren,zu uns kommen,wo anders hinfahren,oder überhaupt etwas machen.M.Jagger ist jetzt einmal Papa geworden und das ist gut so.Wenn er es mit 73 Jahren noch schafft....."
Sorry keine wirklich gute news.

gruss heinrich

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 24, 2016 23:14

They usually perform on Saturdays if they can, because then it is easy for everyone to get to the show during a day off, also next day off for travel. Ticket sales maximized... These days their favorite setup is shows on Wednesdays and Saturdays, but if the local schedule is different, they might give or take a day of changes.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 25, 2016 00:15

55th Anniversary is a reason to go on tour!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 25, 2016 00:26

bv
They usually perform on Saturdays if they can, because then it is easy for everyone to get to the show during a day off, also next day off for travel. Ticket sales maximized... These days their favorite setup is shows on Wednesdays and Saturdays, but if the local schedule is different, they might give or take a day of changes.

if they are performing on week days it's not very wiese to do a show in the middle of nowhere, i.e. some festival that's not located in or close to a major city (with good public transport and good railway connections)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 28, 2016 14:08

Christmas has gone and the January blues are coming so the cure is more info about the Stones tour.

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: January 1, 2017 21:57

petewasbristol

Its not hard to work out why people in England would go to a Manchester show IF they played there. Manchester is in the North of England. London is in the South...

Most major acts will now play both of these cities before any other in England.

As I said before, I can dream. Of course they will most probably only just play London, but there is no harm in wishing for other UK shows even if they do not come to fruition. The Stones after all have only played around 8 UK (non festival) shows outside of London since 1994!

The Stones have certainly played very few shows outside of London in the UK in recent decades.

If you look at the statistics regarding shows in England specifically, outside of London, the figures are remarkable. In the last quarter century, the Stones have played four times the number of concerts in the Boston metropolitan area than they have in the whole of England with the exception of the capital city and festival performances:

Shows performed in England in the last 25 years (excluding London and festival appearances). Population of England excluding London = 44.5 million

4:

Sheffield - 09/07/95
Sheffield - 06/06/99
Manchester - 05/09/03
Sheffield - 27/08/06

Shows performed in the Boston metropolitan area, USA in the last 25 years. Population of Boston metropolitan area = 4.6 million

16:

04/09/94
05/09/94
20/10/97
21/10/97
22/03/99
23/03/99
03/09/02
05/09/02
08/09/02
12/01/03
21/08/05
23/08/05
13/01/06
15/01/06
12/06/13
14/06/13

I understand that any band will perform where they can sell tickets, but surely the Stones could sell out concerts in the following English cities:

Newcastle
Leeds
Manchester
Birmingham
Bristol

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 1, 2017 23:45

Olly
petewasbristol

Its not hard to work out why people in England would go to a Manchester show IF they played there. Manchester is in the North of England. London is in the South...

As I said before, I can dream. Of course they will most probably only just play London, but there is no harm in wishing for other UK shows even if they do not come to fruition. The Stones after all have only played around 8 UK (non festival) shows outside of London since 1994!

The Stones have certainly played very few shows outside of London in the UK in recent decades.

If you look at the statistics regarding shows in England specifically, outside of London, the figures are remarkable. In the last quarter century, the Stones have played four times the number of concerts in the Boston metropolitan area than they have in the whole of England with the exception of the capital city and festival performances:

Shows performed in England in the last 25 years (excluding London and festival appearances). Population of England excluding London = 44.5 million

4:

Sheffield - 09/07/95
Sheffield - 06/06/99
Manchester - 05/09/03
Sheffield - 27/08/06

Shows performed in the Boston metropolitan area, USA in the last 25 years. Population of Boston metropolitan area = 4.6 million

16:

04/09/94
05/09/94
20/10/97
21/10/97
22/03/99
23/03/99
03/09/02
05/09/02
08/09/02
12/01/03
21/08/05
23/08/05
13/01/06
15/01/06
12/06/13
14/06/13

I understand that any band will perform where they can sell tickets, but surely the Stones could sell out concerts in the following English cities:

Newcastle
Leeds
Manchester
Birmingham
Bristol

Birmingham definitely, not sure there is a place big enough thou, unfortunately for me personally.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 2, 2017 10:45

odean73
Olly
petewasbristol

4:

Sheffield - 09/07/95
Sheffield - 06/06/99
Manchester - 05/09/03
Sheffield - 27/08/06

16:

04/09/94
05/09/94
20/10/97
21/10/97
22/03/99
23/03/99
03/09/02
05/09/02
08/09/02
12/01/03
21/08/05
23/08/05
13/01/06
15/01/06
12/06/13
14/06/13

Newcastle
Leeds
Manchester
Birmingham
Bristol

Birmingham definitely, not sure there is a place big enough thou, unfortunately for me personally.[/quote

They can make more money in Boston than in North England, that's the problem.

Date: January 2, 2017 23:00

If the Stones play in the U.K. it will be in London
It is inexpensive and quick to get to London from anywhere in the U.K.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 2, 2017 23:31

I think the only possible venue outside of London if they want a big finish would be Knebworth.

sc uk

Date: January 3, 2017 00:10

straycatuk
I think the only possible venue outside of London if they want a big finish would be Knebworth.

sc uk

Yes I would include Knebworth in the greater London area as it is only 30 minutes by train from the centre of town.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 3, 2017 08:44

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Inexpensive is extremely debatable.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 3, 2017 11:05

Hoping for more than UK show. I can't really afford to go abroad but will have to it they are only playing one uk show.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 3, 2017 13:27

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Incorrect. You get the choice between:

Inexpensive and very slow

Expensive and not especially quick

Very expensive and quick

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 3, 2017 16:11

is there anyone, who can recommend a not too expensive hotel in oslo,
near the possible area where the Stones are likely to perform this summer/
Thanks
jeroen

Date: January 3, 2017 16:24

corriecas
Thanks
jeroen

Try Anker Hotell, Jeroen. Close to the venue. Steinschlag in the IORR Band has already booked there smiling smiley

Date: January 3, 2017 16:39

DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Thanks
jeroen

Try Anker Hotell, Jeroen. Close to the venue. Steinschlag in the IORR Band has already booked there smiling smiley

Hi dandelion,
Thanks, but just booked at Cochs pensjonat.
Looking forward to it.
jeroen

Date: January 3, 2017 16:41

corriecas
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Thanks
jeroen

Hi dandelion,
Thanks, but just booked at Cochs pensjonat.
Looking forward to it.
jeroen

Cool! 5 minutes from my place smiling smiley

Date: January 3, 2017 16:43

DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Thanks
jeroen

Anker Hotell is in an area where you need to dress down and leave everything expensive before you walk out of the door after midnight. There was a shooting in that area a couple of weeks ago in Hausmanns Gate into a cafe. The kind of shooting you see in mafia movies. I have travelled around the world many times and I feel safe anywhere except for in the area around there...

Voldsløkka is 3 km walk north so you might just as well stay more central at the same price, adding half a km more walking, or at the only two hotels in walking distance 2km away, Thon Hotel Ullevål and Radisson Blu Nydalen.

But remember the show bid is not confirmet at all, they keep Saturday July 1st open, for the Stones or similar high profile act. So keep your booking open with an option to cancel.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-03 16:47 by bv.

Date: January 3, 2017 16:50

bv
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Thanks
jeroen

Anker Hotell is in an area where you need to dress down and leave everything expensive before you walk out of the door after midnight. There was a shooting in that area a couple of weeks ago in Hausmanns Gate into a cafe. The kind of shooting you see in mafia movies. I have travelled around the world many times and I feel safe anywhere except for in the area around there...

Voldsløkka is 3 km walk north so you might just as well stay more central at the same price, adding half a km more walking, or at the only two hotels in walking distance 2km away, Thon Hotel Ullevål and Radisson Blu Nydalen.

But remember the show bid is not confirmet at all, they keep Saturday July 1st open, for the Stones or similar high profile act. So keep your booking open with an option to cancel.

thanks bjornulf.
jeroen

Date: January 3, 2017 17:09

bv
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Thanks
jeroen

That area has improved greatly since the early 90s. There have been more shootings at Bislett than in Grünerløkka and the Hausmann Quarters in recent years.

And Norway is a peaceful country, with way less violence than in other countries.

Anker Hotell has upgraded, too. Today, it's a hotell, and not merely a hostel smiling smiley

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: January 3, 2017 17:21

The closest hotel will be Radisson Blu Nydalen, next to Nydalen subway station and about 1 km from Voldsløkka. Probably not the cheapest though.

[www.radissonblu.com]

Date: January 3, 2017 17:30

GeorgV
The closest hotel will be Radisson Blu Nydalen, next to Nydalen subway station and about 1 km from Voldsløkka. Probably not the cheapest though.

[www.radissonblu.com]

Just FYI Nydalen is 100% industrial. Office and education area but nice by the river Akerselva of course.

Bjornulf

Date: January 3, 2017 19:03

GeorgV

[www.radissonblu.com]

I stayed at a radisson blu in Warsaw and they took an extra £300 on top of the room charge of my card when I checked in without telling me about it when I realised what they had done and asked them to explain they said it was in case I used the mini bar in my room it took me 2 weeks to get my money back.

I am not saying that all radisson blu have the same policy but I would phone ahead before booking to ask them.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: January 3, 2017 20:35

bv
GeorgV

[www.radissonblu.com]

Just FYI Nydalen is 100% industrial. Office and education area but nice by the river Akerselva of course.

It used to be (I work in that area), lots of new apartements nearby now. There is one nice restaurant in the area, with a good selection of beers (Nydalen Bryggeri og Spiseri). And you can buy wine and spirits from Vinmonopolet next to the hotel. But Nydalen is otherwise a quiet, dull place. City centre is 13 min away with the subway.

Date: January 4, 2017 02:06

DandelionPowderman
bv
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Thanks
jeroen

That area has improved greatly since the early 90s. There have been more shootings at Bislett than in Grünerløkka and the Hausmann Quarters in recent years.

And Norway is a peaceful country, with way less violence than in other countries.

Anker Hotell has upgraded, too. Today, it's a hotell, and not merely a hostel smiling smiley

I think the complex has both a Hotel and a Hostel. I've stayed in the Anker Hostel both times I've visited in Oslo in recent years, arriving late at night both times via the Central Bus Station. I thought the area was fine and nowhere near as bad as some places I've been to before. It's an easy walk to the centre too with a supermarket round the corner.

I'm rather shocked to read Bjornulf's story about the shooting. If the Oslo gig does happen, there's a good chance I'll be back.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 4, 2017 10:53

How hard will it be to get back to Central Oslo by public transportation fro the festival site after the show? Has it been smooth in the past? I attended a show at Telenor Arena once and it was fine.

Date: January 4, 2017 11:40

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
bv
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Thanks
jeroen

I think the complex has both a Hotel and a Hostel. I've stayed in the Anker Hostel both times I've visited in Oslo in recent years, arriving late at night both times via the Central Bus Station. I thought the area was fine and nowhere near as bad as some places I've been to before. It's an easy walk to the centre too with a supermarket round the corner.

I'm rather shocked to read Bjornulf's story about the shooting. If the Oslo gig does happen, there's a good chance I'll be back.

The area had a bad reputations a couple of decades ago, but after the Grünerløkka-area became the hippest part of Oslo AND the police station was built just round the block, they cleaned it up.

I used to live in the area in the early 90s, and I work there today. It's night and day - totally different.

Shit happens everywhere, but luckily not often in that area anymore smiling smiley

Date: January 4, 2017 15:25

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
bv
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Thanks
jeroen

The area had a bad reputations a couple of decades ago, but after the Grünerløkka-area became the hippest part of Oslo AND the police station was built just round the block, they cleaned it up.

I used to live in the area in the early 90s, and I work there today. It's night and day - totally different.

Shit happens everywhere, but luckily not often in that area anymore smiling smiley

I stayed there in 2014 & 2015 and your description of it seems accurate from my experience. I think it has a lot going for it nowadays - easy walk to centre and the No 31 bus takes you most places you'd want to go as a visitor. I walked back there at about 3am the night before and the night after the Telenor show and didn't feel unsafe.

That said, Bjornulf's advice of "Anker Hotell is in an area where you need to dress down and leave everything expensive before you walk out of the door after midnight" is sound, imho. I do that everywhere I go and it's easy for me as I don't actually have anything expensive grinning smiley I drive a 23 year old car, relaxed in the knowledge that I can park it anywhere and thieves will ignore it.thumbs up

Besides, that area probably has one of the cheapest bars in Oslo there - Rett's Bar smileys with beer

Possibly not the most upmarket to be fair winking smiley I remember going there the night before the Telenor gig with yourself and an Austrian Stones fan (not sure if he posts on here).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-04 15:37 by grzegorz67.

Date: January 4, 2017 15:34

Rett Inn Bar still has the cheapest beer in Oslo, Gregor smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home