Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: January 17, 2017 11:36

polandstones
How many days before the first concert is usually announced tour?

As far as I remember the 2007 was announced in March.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 17, 2017 11:46

franzk
polandstones

As far as I remember the 2007 was announced in March.

Yes and that was late: 60 % of the shows were (by far) not sold out. It worked well only in Scandinavia, Spain and Southeast countries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-17 12:00 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 17, 2017 11:53

polandstones

The 2014 European tour was announced a few shows at a time.
Mid- to late March, and the first show was in late May.

The Zip Code tour in 2015, about two months in advance.

The Olé tour, three months in advance.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 17, 2017 15:00

They wait as long as they can before announcing. Every extra day of early announcement is added cost insurance wise. Some times a show must be announced before others, like if it is part of a festival, but normally they will wait until just 1-2 months before the shows are due. This also means that if something happens, like a broken leg or a bad hip or anything else, they don't need to cancel anything. There have been tours that never happened in the past. Still, we hope this one will happen like they are working on it now. Just get the dates ready and sign the contract and it will all be here...

Bjornulf

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 17, 2017 16:09

bv
They wait as long as they can before announcing. Every extra day of early announcement is added cost insurance wise. Some times a show must be announced before others, like if it is part of a festival, but normally they will wait until just 1-2 months before the shows are due. This also means that if something happens, like a broken leg or a bad hip or anything else, they don't need to cancel anything. There have been tours that never happened in the past. Still, we hope this one will happen like they are working on it now. Just get the dates ready and sign the contract and it will all be here...

No news about UK dates yet, Bjornulf?
Jeroen

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: January 18, 2017 12:57

OK I know this is not going to happen, but thought it's worth posting it here just in case someone in the Stones entourage finds it a good idea.

I strongly feel that at this point the band should not only be interested in money, but also in playing in places with historical significance. In addition, the Blue and Lonesome album is ideal for playing in small venues. So could the Stones please consider playing at the Acropolis in Athens?

Quoting Wikipedia, "The Odeon of Herodes Atticus is a stone theatre structure located on the southwest slope of the Acropolis of Athens ... Among the artists who have performed at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus include Plácido Domingo, José Carreras, Montserrat Caballé, Alicia de Larrocha, the Bolshoi Ballets, Maurice Béjart, Joaquín Cortés, Paco de Lucía, Diana Ross, Liza Minnelli, Goran Bregovic, Jean Michel Jarre, Ennio Morricone, Jethro Tull ...."

Well?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 18, 2017 13:00

A very special location.
And what about the Arena di Verona?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 18, 2017 13:14

MAF
A very special location.
And what about the Arena di Verona?

I'll be there in August to see the Aida.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 18, 2017 13:30

Christos
OK I know this is not going to happen, but thought it's worth posting it here just in case someone in the Stones entourage finds it a good idea.

I strongly feel that at this point the band should not only be interested in money, but also in playing in places with historical significance. In addition, the Blue and Lonesome album is ideal for playing in small venues. So could the Stones please consider playing at the Acropolis in Athens?

Quoting Wikipedia, "The Odeon of Herodes Atticus is a stone theatre structure located on the southwest slope of the Acropolis of Athens ... Among the artists who have performed at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus include Plácido Domingo, José Carreras, Montserrat Caballé, Alicia de Larrocha, the Bolshoi Ballets, Maurice Béjart, Joaquín Cortés, Paco de Lucía, Diana Ross, Liza Minnelli, Goran Bregovic, Jean Michel Jarre, Ennio Morricone, Jethro Tull ...."

Well?

Perfect ... I'm there !! thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 18, 2017 13:50

Christos, the Blue and Lonesome lp is only live to play for maximum 1500 interested people in a small club.
I think they will not play or do it for thousends of people.
Remember Charly and his jazz band. Just the same. Very good for small clubs.(not for thousands)

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 18, 2017 14:04

tioms
Christos, the Blue and Lonesome lp is only live to play for maximum 1500 interested people in a small club.
Remember Charly and his jazz band. Just the same. Very good for small clubs.(not for thousands)

100.000 people want to be in a 1500 people club where the Stones are playing smiling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 18, 2017 14:26

Harm
tioms

100.000 people want to be in a 1500 people club where the Stones are playing smiling smiley

No problem, just get a few extra fire extinguishers to satisfy HSE requirements, open the windows for some fresh air ... and off we go !! >grinning smiley<

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 18, 2017 16:15

...and up the brewary order !

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 18, 2017 20:33

tioms

As Mick said "people don't want to hear your new songs" v.sad and I for one would love Commit a Crime or All Of Your Love (or both) as part of the setlist. But I think probably 1 song is the best we can hope for.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 18, 2017 20:44

tioms

Easy. Dig out the old Commer van, load it up with equipment and drive around the country playing pubs, clubs and small venues.
They've done it before!

grinning smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 18, 2017 21:42

Deltics
potus43
Madison Square Garden please

Their home, right?
Last I looked, MSG isn't in Europe.

WHat?????

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 00:42

potus43
Deltics
potus43
Madison Square Garden please

Their home, right?
Last I looked, MSG isn't in Europe.

WHat?????

This thread is about the STONES tour of EUROPE

Rod

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 01:37

and?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 19, 2017 02:45

Deltics
tioms

Easy. Dig out the old Commer van, load it up with equipment and drive around the country playing pubs, clubs and small venues.
They've done it before!

grinning smiley

Uh, Stu looks kinda hot here, not like a guy who shoulda been kicked out on looks-
;-)
And Acropolis in Athens?! areyoukiddingme?!
Carry on please sorry.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 08:07

potus43
and?

....and you're going on about MSG. THAT is not, as far as I can tell, POTUS43, in Europe.

Rod

Posted by: UKRod ()
Date: January 19, 2017 15:14

Nice idea to play the Acropolis, Athens. Pink Floyd played the Ampitheatre in Pompeii many years ago but it was not for an audience, of course, only for a film, and there are many other instances of bands playing historic sites.. The Stones played the Circus Maximus in Rome on the 2014 On Fire Tour so there is a precedent, although audience numbers at the Acropolis woudl be much, much lower (1500 I think somebody said on this thread) . Personally, I think they will seek to maximise the audience on this tour, possibly the last ever tour of Europe, and if they do not include the UK I will go to Paris for a nice Stones holiday, with or without the Mrs!!

Date: January 19, 2017 16:05

UKRod
Nice idea to play the Acropolis, Athens. Pink Floyd played the Ampitheatre in Pompeii many years ago but it was not for an audience, of course, only for a film, and there are many other instances of bands playing historic sites.. The Stones played the Circus Maximus in Rome on the 2014 On Fire Tour so there is a precedent, although audience numbers at the Acropolis woudl be much, much lower (1500 I think somebody said on this thread) . Personally, I think they will seek to maximise the audience on this tour, possibly the last ever tour of Europe, and if they do not include the UK I will go to Paris for a nice Stones holiday, with or without the Mrs!!

Ofcourse they will include shows in the UK!!!
Jeroen

Date: January 19, 2017 16:23

corriecas
UKRod

Jeroen

I think if it's true that it will be only 8-10 shows this year, then UK will maybe done seperately next year. 6, 7 shows on the continent makes not much sense. Even 1999 there were 12 shows.

Date: January 19, 2017 16:42

Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
UKRod

Jeroen

I think if it's true that it will be only 8-10 shows this year, then UK will maybe done seperately next year. 6, 7 shows on the continent makes not much sense. Even 1999 there were 12 shows.

They get a bit older, dont they?? We all get old, like Ronnie once sang.
I admit, a shame its not 20 shows anymore. But, i think if they will play europe, they certainly will play their OWN Country.
Jeroen

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 19, 2017 16:58

London is definitely on the menu for this tour.

Nate thumbs up

Date: January 19, 2017 17:18

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Anybody heard a rumour about England 17?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 19, 2017 19:25

Nate

Yes, should be - because it's their home town and it's their 55th Anniversary ....

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: January 19, 2017 20:26

bitusa2012
potus43
and?

....and you're going on about MSG. THAT is not, as far as I can tell, POTUS43, in Europe.
duhhhhh Genious

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 19, 2017 21:16

MrMibbs
bitusa2012
potus43
and?

duhhhhh Genious

In all fairness he could be talking about Market Square Groeningen in Holland

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: January 19, 2017 21:30

JumpingKentFlash

In all fairness he could be talking about Market Square Groeningen in Holland

That would be a great place !!! thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 65

This Thread has been closed