Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 19, 2016 19:38

bernard90mike
If they announce The Stones as part of RIV - I don't think this gig will be included in a 140 € festival ticket sad smiley
It seems more likely that The Stones will open the festival on June 2 and the tix will be sold separately - the festival lasts one day longer than in the past...
At Oeticket it actually says: "Festivalpass 02.-05.06.17", it is the whole festival. But to get The Stones + 4 days of the rest of the festival for 140E doesn't seem very likely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-19 19:39 by Happy24.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: December 19, 2016 20:25

Happy24
bernard90mike
If they announce The Stones as part of RIV - I don't think this gig will be included in a 140 € festival ticket sad smiley
It seems more likely that The Stones will open the festival on June 2 and the tix will be sold separately - the festival lasts one day longer than in the past...
At Oeticket it actually says: "Festivalpass 02.-05.06.17", it is the whole festival. But to get The Stones + 4 days of the rest of the festival for 140E doesn't seem very likely.
Oops - my fault. You got it right, they offer the whole festival for 140 € - in that case I'm afraid The Stones won't be part of it...
But as I mentioned earlier in this thread there's still a chance that they play Donauinsel apart from this festival... let's hope so

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 19, 2016 20:41

Yea, Donauinsel or Ernest Happel, whatever, wherever. Just bring it on to Vienna! smiling smiley And please, make it a Stones' concert, rather than a festival. The Stones can sell out any venue and have it full of their fans

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: December 19, 2016 21:45

desertblues68
Berlin Waldbuhne is such a fantastic venue and it would suit a bluesy set. London would be easier as I do not need to worry about travel expenses and accommodation. I would really love to see them perform a blues set in a small venuegrinning smiley

I absolutely agree with you - Waldbühne in summer is pure magic! Have been there several times already and always loved it. 2014 there was supposed to be my first RS show. I had the ticket in my basket already but when I went over to pay - lost it. "not available anymore". How frustated this was. Hope I will be more lucky this time around.

Date: December 19, 2016 22:00

Stonesfan2146
With no show in Denmkark it's Hamburgs turn.

Ooooh please!!!! We have a 45.000 place stadium and lots of beautiful, cozy little indoor venues here. Just check out Mehr! Theater, Markthalle, Barclays (or whatever it's called today) 20.000 indoor areana just to name what comes to mind in these 5 secs.

Date: December 19, 2016 22:15

Monsoon Ragoon
Irix
Monsoon Ragoon

But when there are only three German shows 2014/17 why should 2 of them be in Berlin, in the middle of the GDR?

Due to the high demand in East-Germany as predicted by you - [iorr.org] ?

And btw there's no GDR anymore ....

Also jetzt wird mir's echt zu 'strange' hier, ich steige aus. Du verdrehst jedes vorgebrachte Argument. Nur noch soviel: die hohe Nachfrage besteht m.E. in Sachsen und Thüringen, natürlich nicht in Berlin, wo sie bisher bereits 14x gespielt haben, wo von den vier letzten Shows drei nicht ausverkauft waren (einschließlich Waldbuhne 98). Natürlich wäre auch das Stadion in Rostock in kürzester Zeit ausverkauft, aber leider wird es dazu nicht kommen, weil die Veranstalter kein Geld haben. Die wenigsten Leute fahren mehrere Hundert Kilometer zu einem Konzert.

"very few people drive several hundreds of kms for a concert"
This I find rather strange on a fan board, sorry. I know many people who are fans of certain bands (myself included) who regularly travel several hundred or even thousand kms to see their favourite band. My farthest journey has been from Hamburg to California. And I would surely do it again in a hearbeat if budget allows. It's all about priorities, man.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 19, 2016 22:29

karimamilena
Monsoon Ragoon
Irix
Monsoon Ragoon

But when there are only three German shows 2014/17 why should 2 of them be in Berlin, in the middle of the GDR?

Also jetzt wird mir's echt zu 'strange' hier, ich steige aus. Du verdrehst jedes vorgebrachte Argument. Nur noch soviel: die hohe Nachfrage besteht m.E. in Sachsen und Thüringen, natürlich nicht in Berlin, wo sie bisher bereits 14x gespielt haben, wo von den vier letzten Shows drei nicht ausverkauft waren (einschließlich Waldbuhne 98). Natürlich wäre auch das Stadion in Rostock in kürzester Zeit ausverkauft, aber leider wird es dazu nicht kommen, weil die Veranstalter kein Geld haben. Die wenigsten Leute fahren mehrere Hundert Kilometer zu einem Konzert.

This I find rather strange on a fan board, sorry. I know many people who are fans of certain bands (myself included) who regularly travel several hundred or even thousand kms to see their favourite band. My farthest journey has been from Hamburg to California. And I would surely do it again in a hearbeat if budget allows. It's all about priorities, man.

I mean the 'normal' people which fill the venues, of course not the hardcore fans. That's maybe 100 per show.

Date: December 19, 2016 23:48

Monsoon Ragoon
karimamilena
Monsoon Ragoon
Irix
Monsoon Ragoon

I mean the 'normal' people which fill the venues, of course not the hardcore fans. That's maybe 100 per show.

Ok, normal against furious fans ;-)

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 20, 2016 08:22

Anyone notice it's getting harder each tour to get tickets? In 2014 the festivals were already sold out before The Stones were announced. Not 100% sure but this may have been all of them. I paid a scalper 300 euros to get into Pink Pop. I remember seeing the fences lined up with older fans that couldn't get in. The cynical and suspicious side of me thinks The Stones would rather the hard core fans not be there. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think they enjoy hearing any criticism and want to believe everyone loves them especially young people. If I'm not mistaken Mick does not like to be around old people and refuses to share a space with anyone over weight. Forgot where I heard this but it makes sense as he thinks this is keeping him young and fit. Certainly something in his life drives him to maintain a youthful being. Anyhow, more and more old fans are dropping off myself included. Can't believe it but I'm willing to miss a tour for the first time. I shouldn't have to go through a lot of stress to buy an expensive concert ticket. That goes against good logic in my opinion. If they don't want me there I guess that's the way it will be. Maybe I wouldn't miss much after all.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: December 20, 2016 09:12

frankotero
Anyone notice it's getting harder each tour to get tickets? In 2014 the festivals were already sold out before The Stones were announced. Not 100% sure but this may have been all of them. I paid a scalper 300 euros to get into Pink Pop. I remember seeing the fences lined up with older fans that couldn't get in. The cynical and suspicious side of me thinks The Stones would rather the hard core fans not be there. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think they enjoy hearing any criticism and want to believe everyone loves them especially young people. If I'm not mistaken Mick does not like to be around old people and refuses to share a space with anyone over weight. Forgot where I heard this but it makes sense as he thinks this is keeping him young and fit. Certainly something in his life drives him to maintain a youthful being. Anyhow, more and more old fans are dropping off myself included. Can't believe it but I'm willing to miss a tour for the first time. I shouldn't have to go through a lot of stress to buy an expensive concert ticket. That goes against good logic in my opinion. If they don't want me there I guess that's the way it will be. Maybe I wouldn't miss much after all.
Ridiculous post why would any band tour if they didn't want there fans to attend

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 20, 2016 09:20

frankotero
Anyone notice it's getting harder each tour to get tickets? In 2014 the festivals were already sold out before The Stones were announced.

That is just not true. Pinkpop sales started after The Stones were annouced. That's why it sold out that quick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-20 09:20 by BowieStone.

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: December 20, 2016 09:46

BowieStone
frankotero
Anyone notice it's getting harder each tour to get tickets? In 2014 the festivals were already sold out before The Stones were announced.

That is just not true. Pinkpop sales started after The Stones were annouced. That's why it sold out that quick.

Just like it was the case with TW Classic in Werchter!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 20, 2016 10:13

So I am wrong that they were announced before selling out?If so I apologize. Still, I don't think they're keen on die hard fans. Maybe and hopefully I'm wrong about that too. Anyhow I'm taking a step back for a while. Hope everyone gets what they want and enjoys it. Cheers.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 20, 2016 14:32

frankotero
So I am wrong that they were announced before selling out?If so I apologize. Still, I don't think they're keen on die hard fans. Maybe and hopefully I'm wrong about that too. Anyhow I'm taking a step back for a while. Hope everyone gets what they want and enjoys it. Cheers.

You're wrong about everything.
Stones were announced before the sale started.

Indeed same thing with TW Classic and the other festivals.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: December 20, 2016 18:43

A package deal?
[wegotit.at]

Again IORR is mentioned

Rockavaria, Rock in Vienna and Sonisphere Switzerland (where Lucerne? And I hate Somisphere's chaotic orga)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-20 18:47 by mariannerl.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 20, 2016 19:59

When was the last time they sold lucky dip tickets for shows?
I can't remember

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 20, 2016 20:02

frankotero
If I'm not mistaken Mick does not like to be around old people and refuses to share a space with anyone over weight.

Lol - never heard that, could be true I suppose?
But he's surrounded by old people when he's on stage, and he shares stage space with Darryl who some might consider 'over weight'.
And there was the brief appearance of 'hefty' Mick Taylor during the reunion a few years ago...and Lisa...

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: December 20, 2016 21:47

Barcelona 2nd week of June:
[mariskalrock.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 20, 2016 22:02

Nate
I can't remember

Nate thumbs up

Vegas - two months ago.

Date: December 20, 2016 22:07

MisterDDDD
Nate
I can't remember

Nate thumbs up

Vegas - two months ago.

Ok thanks I didn't go to that show and couldn't remember them being sold on the Latin American tour.

Nate thumbs up

Date: December 20, 2016 22:15

spunky
Barcelona 2nd week of June:
[mariskalrock.com]

Can't seem to translate that website on my iPad but the 2nd weekend in June could be true as on the list of rumoured dates on here the Barcelona show is listed with no date after the Vienna date which is listed as the first weekend in June.

Hope this show happens as Barcelona is a wonderful city and the Nou Camp is a special stadium.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: December 20, 2016 22:26

I'm planning to go to Barcelona as I've never been there and 2nd week of june sounds good to me.

Date: December 20, 2016 22:30

spunky
I'm planning to go to Barcelona as I've never been there and 2nd week of june sounds good to me.

You will enjoy it is a great place.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: December 20, 2016 22:37

Barcelona Sat June 17th -> Paris Sat June 24.. if that pans out there's my 10 days in Europe next summer! Two countries I've yet to visit.

Date: December 20, 2016 22:53

Gaetzi
Barcelona Sat June 17th -> Paris Sat June 24.. if that pans out there's my 10 days in Europe next summer! Two countries I've yet to visit.

Both amazing cities that everyone should make a visit to.

See you there

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 21, 2016 09:11

Gaetzi
Barcelona Sat June 17th

The 17th would be in the third week of June, though. The article mentioned the second week.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 22, 2016 09:47

Australian radio today (Radio 2GO, a regional station North of Sydney) advertising a competition to see the Stones live in London...

Date: December 22, 2016 10:15

john lomax
Australian radio today (Radio 2GO, a regional station North of Sydney) advertising a competition to see the Stones live in London...

No date mentioned then?

Nate thumbs up

Date: December 22, 2016 10:20

No date mentioned. But it is a genuine competition. You have to register and then they call and the winner gets their choice of the Stones in London, Sting in Boston, or Bon Jovi somewhere else...and the ads for the competition are running every 15 minutes or so. So it looks like London is definitely on.

Date: December 22, 2016 10:26

But in terms of venues and dates.....

- Twickenham seems free from the start of June onwards

- Wembley - could perhaps be the weekend of June 10 but after that date it's not free again until early July which could work?? Saturday 8 July perhaps?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home