Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: R.I.P. Prince
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 12, 2016 05:55

I'm sure most have heard and seen this, but it is worth repeating. First time Purple Rain was played live.

[uproxx.com]

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: May 12, 2016 23:38

Prince doing Miss You (with Woody and Sting on bass), and Honky Tonk Woman

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 13, 2016 19:18

camper88
That was Da Bomb , Prince doing Honky Tonk. Damn that inspires me !!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 15, 2016 01:27

TheGreek
camper88

Wait till you hear his version of Just My Imagination

The man could play.

you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 16, 2016 05:27

Sorry if this was brought up before but who was Princes' guitar maker? One is up for auction

[www.yahoo.com]

Date: May 16, 2016 14:19

camper88
TheGreek
camper88

Wait till you hear his version of Just My Imagination

The man could play.
That was so awesoeme and what tone did Prince have he evoked a Carlos Santana vibe on that solo ,simply breathtaking that is for sure .Thank you so much for posting that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 20, 2016 13:59

[www.youtube.com] check this out Sheryl Crow with the artist formerly known as Prince rocking out on Every day is a winding road from 1999 at the Lilith fair 8/22/99 .The artist just rocks out on so many different genre's it is just mind blowing not to forget how he plays the heck out of a six string

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 20, 2016 18:52

He has also done Satisfaction live.

Date: May 21, 2016 00:47

bobo
He has also done Satisfaction live.

Satisfaction starts at about the 2:30 mark . . . an acoustic sing-along version that's part of a larger medley.

you're Mick Jagger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-21 00:50 by camper88.

OT: Prince's Cause of Death: Opioid Overdose
Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: June 2, 2016 20:59

Re: OT: Prince's Cause of Death: Opioid Overdose
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:01

Sadly not a surprise, but we should not judge him unkindly....This stuff is very addicting and can take over anyone's life, especially if one does have a problem with chronic pain....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:04

Sadly, being a rock/film/media star often means an overdose of everything. Not everyone can handle that.

Date: June 2, 2016 21:19

Sad

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:26

What really annoys me about this whole thing is the fact that the cause was announced in the first and nobody seems to care about that. Why does anyone have the right to know that?

Date: June 2, 2016 21:27

stanlove
What really annoys me about this whole thing is the fact that the cause was announced in the first and nobody seems to care about that. Why does anyone have the right to know that?

True. It is very personal but when you're a mega-star nothing is private...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:30

Pretty sad especially since he'd had a close call when his plane had to make an emergency landing, you'd think he would have been more careful after that or maybe it's hard to figure out what the maximum dosage should be when you're "addicted" ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:46

stanlove

The publicity will help save lives. Opiate abuse is a scourge, many people addicted and dying. Stories like this draw attention to the problem.

Date: June 2, 2016 21:48

wonderboy
stanlove

The publicity will help save lives. Opiate abuse is a scourge, many people addicted and dying. Stories like this draw attention to the problem.

And doctors enable it all too easily. I just had minor hernia surgery and was given a script for enough percocets to last a month. Fortunately, I didn't like them; they didn't help, and ironically ibuprofen took the pain away better. Go figure...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:51

Opioid overdose? Heroin? Not that it matters i any way when it sadly enough took his Life...sad smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:57

Come On
Opioid overdose? Heroin? Not that it matters i any way when it sadly enough took his Life...sad smiley

Opioid: a compound resembling opium in addictive properties or physiological effects.
Heroin is an opiate.
Almost certainly prescription pain killers.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 2, 2016 22:03

Sometimes opiad abusers run out of their prescription pills and are unable to buy some on the black market and so buy heroin, which is cheaper, and wind up dying that way.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: June 2, 2016 22:29

What has been going around is he was self medicating on opiates for decades and he knew exactly what he was doing and he seemed to maintain quite well. Then, they say, he had some other medical issues come up and he was too proud to admit to the doctor that he was already a heavy opiate user and he did not reveal his addcition to the doctor and they (he) stacked what the Doctor gave him for the newer medical issues and it was all too much.

As far as it stopping anyone else from doing it. Good luck.

I wouldn't touch opiates with a 50 foot pool. Never have. Going back to the warnings and ODs from Jimi and Mama and Janice and others... the word was out and I thought it was over. There has always been plenty of other less risky things to do.

Then in the mid 90s the big pharma fkers invented new and improved opiates and then "someone" started protecting the largest poppy fields on the planet and they clamped down on the pharma opiates and there was a built-in demand for the poppy fields and right now they are making billions of Dollars. It is an epidemic... and it is beyond me why anyone would do heroin.

Heroin (opiates) are bad news from point go. I am quite sure they must be a good recreational high, but it is physically addicting plus one has to do more and more to get the same high. Those are fatal flaws. Not to mention they make people basically worthless lumps of shit when they are doped up on that shit. Why would anyone play that game? It does not sound like fun at all. It never has sounded like fun. people high on that stuff never looked like they were having fun.

It is like cigarettes. Why would anyone smoke cigarettes? But people do smoke cigarettes and people do heroin and all the warnings and overdose deaths and lung cancer deaths in the world wont stop people. It makes no sense.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 2, 2016 22:32

And yet, no junk, no Exile.

Date: June 2, 2016 22:43

24FPS
And yet, no junk, no Exile.

Sadly, Keith's songwriting output (quality and quantity) declined sharply every year he was on the stuff.
When I started listening to and reading up on the Stones starting in about 1976, I loved most everything about him and the band, but fortunately I saw the drug use was just a waste. So thank you Spanish Tony for that.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 2, 2016 23:00

Sad.....and now they will start years of debating who is guilty...................

Date: June 2, 2016 23:13

....and who will get all his money.

For some reason I am kind of rooting for the kid in prison to actually be his only heir
I guess just to piss off all of his siblings and half siblings, or who ever they are, currently squabbling over his money.

To be worth 300 Million Dollars and not a have will... ?

I can understand if someone is worth tree fiddy... but 300 Million?
That is too much money to be left up in the air, not to mention the disposition of his "vault" of recordings

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 2, 2016 23:50

Love and light to him

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: June 2, 2016 23:51

wonderboy
Sometimes opiad abusers run out of their prescription pills and are unable to buy some on the black market and so buy heroin, which is cheaper, and wind up dying that way.

Not the case with wealthy celebrities.

If you can pay for it, you can get it.

No reason to think heroin was involved.

Olly.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 2, 2016 23:56

Pharmaceutical Industry has it all figured out. Now they treat opiod addiction/abuse w/ a opiod treatment called suboxone.

They've got these these people coming & going!!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: June 3, 2016 00:13

Marhsall
Pharmaceutical Industry has it all figured out. Now they treat opiod addiction/abuse w/ a opiod treatment called suboxone.

They've got these these people coming & going!!
They really do. And no matter what people call it, it is opiates and highly addictive and in improper (stacked) amounts will shut a body down. Some out there say there is a patch thing which rich junkies can wear that gives them a constant fix. Not cheap, but basically the same as.... doing whatever anyone wants to call it... getting a fix

I guess some say one of the reasons Keith was able to make out alive is he was smart (rich) enough to obtain large supplies of the same strength, thus less likely to over dose on a suddenly and surprisingly potent batch. I guess, or something like that.... I am just really glad Keith didn't die. Too many entertaining artful creative people have died by OD and often it sounds like it was just a mistake, too strong a batch, or stacking... and the body said okey dokey cya later.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1559
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home