Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
OT: In memoriam, Springsteen covers Prince
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 24, 2016 17:47

IMHO, wow!!! Nils is really good on this. Enjoy.

Purple Rain

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: In memoriam, Springsteen covers Prince
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 24, 2016 18:02

I'm not a big fan of Bruce but what a version!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 24, 2016 18:03

Beautiful, great version. Thanks Bruce, Nils and PRINCE !!
jeroen

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 24, 2016 18:29

Great thanks to Bruce and Nils. The Stones are not able to give an hommage like these guys, you need to have a heart. Nothing for Bowie or others in the past. The E street band rehearse quickly and play it the day after. Not sure the Stones could to the same. Perhaps I am a little bit hard but not far away of the truth.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 24, 2016 18:45

Class act Bruce and band.
My H played it this morning, made it thru first verse b4 tears.
Can't believe I am so emotional over this, day 3.
I know it's my MN/youth, but
it's got me busted up.
Going to turn off the news input for the day-
thanks for posting.
Glad IORR is here.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: April 24, 2016 19:03

Here is a video of Bruce honoring Prince. He then dedicated the show to him

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 24, 2016 19:07

steverogan
Here is a video of Bruce honoring Prince. He then dedicated the show to him

[www.youtube.com]

where?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 24, 2016 19:09

Here: [www.iorr.org] smoking smiley

BTW these separate threads will probably be merged into the sticky.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: April 25, 2016 00:12

[youtu.be]

Here's a good multicam of the song

Re: R.I.P. Prince
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 25, 2016 15:06

Sad new, sad year, many of our heroes are gone

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 25, 2016 16:20

Bruce's "Purple Rain" FREE mp3 download from official site here:

[live.brucespringsteen.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-25 16:21 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 25, 2016 19:49

Nothing compares to you

Livestream from a free ,but sold out,Prince tribute in Paradiso,Amsterdam, begins at 20.30 ;

[t.co]

[www.paradiso.nl]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 25, 2016 21:09

that was a very special tribute and honor that Bruce did for Prince .Very nice !!!

Re: Prince
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 25, 2016 23:57

with sssoul
Chester
Pretty sure "I Would Die 4 You'' "Let's Go Crazy'' etc. are not going to be remembered by history
the same way songs by the Beatles and Stones are, and yet everyone is mourning him as such.

I have tried and failed to understand what the heck "as such" is supposed to mean in that sentence.
But never mind. Chester: You see the title of this thread? People are mourning. It is indeed bad form
to clutter it up with your insistent criticism. Start another thread for that if you really have to.

Throwing around what who said who knows when seems out of place here too. Leave your weapons at the door, people.
Love and light to Prince. Love and light, and thanks and praises.

But isn't that what the net is for? So people who have given nothing to the world can call someone whose life gave pleasure to millions an underachiever? Talk about worthless opinions.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: April 26, 2016 00:06

he was OK

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 26, 2016 00:28

Stones50
he was OK

Ran out of anything worthwhile to say before your fingers stopped? Maybe turn off the phone and read a book or something. Really. Nobody cares.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 26, 2016 01:36

TRIBUTE TO PRINCE IN THE SKY above New Orleans Jazz Fest.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 26, 2016 01:45

Purple Rain tour, March 30, 1985 in Syracuse NY

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 26, 2016 06:55

A little insight into "Prince World" for those interested. A pretty funny talk by Kevin Smith about his interaction with the guy.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 26, 2016 13:53

Naturalust
A little insight into "Prince World" for those interested. A pretty funny talk by Kevin Smith about his interaction with the guy.

[www.youtube.com]

That's the video I was referring to too -- I'd watched it 2 weeks ago and had mixed feelings. It was interesting, and Smith's a great storyteller, but he seemed to have maybe a slight bit of an ego issue re: Prince...

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 26, 2016 16:25

Stones50
he was OK

you never have anything nice to say. Ever

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 26, 2016 16:35

The New Yorker magazine has some well written, interesting paragraphs by different authors:
[www.newyorker.com]

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 26, 2016 16:44

The Minnesota House and Senate made tribute.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 26, 2016 18:21

camper88
Just listening/ watching Purple Rain (the movie) and realized that Prince sings "don't let the elevator bring you down," which is kind of spooky given that he was found in the elevator of Paisley Park.

I'm the last person to believe in supernatural explanations for stuff, but this was a bit spooky.

BTW, the opening 8 minutes of Purple Rain is as solid an opening for a movie as I can think of. Stunning playing and song.

Yeah. that is some twilight zone crazy shit. But he was so in tune with so many dimensions - who knows!

I am so happy I got to see him in Oakland in March and it was off the hook. RIP Sir Prince

Date: April 26, 2016 19:35

Question for the experts: Does the record company get any money from stuff in the vaults?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 26, 2016 20:28

SonicDreamer
This just surfaced.

Prince Playing Jimi Hendrix "Red House"

Cheers,
SonicD

Great stuff!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 26, 2016 21:04

shattered
Question for the experts: Does the record company get any money from stuff in the vaults?

If the movie/documentary I watched over the weekend was accurate in the least, I'd say that is a big fat NO.

It was called "Prince - Slave Trade: How Prince Re-Made the Music Business" and was pretty interesting. It gave a LOT of insight into his battles with his record company and the industry in general. Not sure that I'd be willing to pay to see it, but I found it well worth the couple of hours that I spent watching it on cable this weekend. Without to much of a spoiler alert: Turns out that Prince was WAY out in front of the curve on some topics that we see as somewhat "normal" today.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 26, 2016 23:03

sept. 11, 1987. though i only saw it once when it was originally broadcast, this performance burned itself onto my soul.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: April 27, 2016 00:08

Mr DJA, Yeah I watched the doc also this past weekend, 3hrs I think, very insightful and yes he saw the future of the internet before anymore did in relations to the future of what it held for music...

Date: April 27, 2016 00:18

mr_dja
shattered

If the movie/documentary I watched over the weekend was accurate in the least, I'd say that is a big fat NO.

It was called "Prince - Slave Trade: How Prince Re-Made the Music Business" and was pretty interesting. It gave a LOT of insight into his battles with his record company and the industry in general. Not sure that I'd be willing to pay to see it, but I found it well worth the couple of hours that I spent watching it on cable this weekend. Without to much of a spoiler alert: Turns out that Prince was WAY out in front of the curve on some topics that we see as somewhat "normal" today.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Then he won the war. Not to drift off the original, it appears he doesn't have a will. Thank you.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home