Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: How Long Will The Stones Roll?
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 21, 2016 16:43

As long as we pay

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: April 21, 2016 17:01

As long as gravity permits.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: April 21, 2016 18:47

keefriff99
HonkeyTonkFlash
keefriff99
Monsoon Ragoon
Ronnie does not look like to be still alive in 2022, to be honest. But time will tell.
I wish he had stayed off the cigs. That's one habit that may catch up to him sooner rather than later.

I thought he said about ten years ago that he had the early stages of emphysema. I had hoped that would have been enough to make him quit. Guess not....
He DID say that and had quit for a time, but he resumed his habit. It's a horrible addiction.

My Dad is 73 next month and was told he had early signs of emphysema a few years back, but struggled with kicking the habit. Last year he was told he's in early onset COPD which made him finally kick it, but goddamn if the damage hasn't been done.

True enough. I have a close friend I bike ride with that is 66. He quit around 1986 but the COPD finally caught him about 2 years ago. Wheezes like a steam engine sometimes while riding. He got medicine inhaler which helps a lot.

Sad.

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 21, 2016 19:27

Maybe they can wind it down by doing regular Saturday night gigs at the Crawdaddy club. ... Or Friday, if Saturday conflicts with watching Downton Abbey.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 21, 2016 21:34

John Mayall is 83, they will do the same.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 21, 2016 21:52

But not with RW.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 21, 2016 21:58

Yes, John Mayall is still performing at 83. I can easily see Jagger dong the same, but what about Keith and Ronnie?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:06

Ronnie in 2016 in a way looks similar to Michael Jackson in 2009 or Prince in 2016. Exhausted and thin. Like a bad caricature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-21 23:08 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 22, 2016 00:26

"How Long Will The Stones Roll"?

What a stupid question.

Date: April 22, 2016 02:12

RipThisBone

What a stupid question.
We love you...

Posted by: erad ()
Date: April 22, 2016 03:20

Monsoon Ragoon
Ronnie in 2016 in a way looks similar to Michael Jackson in 2009 or Prince in 2016. Exhausted and thin. Like a bad caricature.
Yeah he's always been thin but he seems to have lost even more weight over the past few years, he looks very gaunt as well.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 22, 2016 03:35

As long as they are on stage when the lights go out, enjoy like fine wine.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2016 05:22

in view of all the bad news that's swept through 2016 and today, this question is a bit sobering.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 22, 2016 05:37

RipThisBone

What a stupid question.

You found one way to comment on the question, thank you! For how on earth would I really like to know the answer to that question? And, besides, how utterly tasteless in my eyes to discuss it!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 22, 2016 06:10

chicken coop thread... for the gossipy hens

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 22, 2016 06:12

buc buc... so thin... buc buc... so exhausted... buc buc... still smoking... buc buc...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 22, 2016 09:36

HonkeyTonkFlash
Yes, John Mayall is still performing at 83. I can easily see Jagger dong the same, but what about Keith and Ronnie?

Actually, I had thought that Mick was less bothered about live work than both Keith and Ronnie.
I'm sure he gets as much pleasure from the pre tour negotiating and organisational roles.
He has loads of non musical interests to fill in his time.
Of course the death of L'Wren may have recharged his batteries.

Date: April 22, 2016 13:45

Witness
RipThisBone

What a stupid question.

You found one way to comment on the question, thank you! For how on earth would I really like to know the answer to that question? And, besides, how utterly tasteless in my eyes to discuss it!

Why is it tasteless or stupid to discuss to discuss our predictions or thoughts on how much longer our beloved and favorite band might carry on? I only sought to begin a polite discussion of these thoughts. The Stones are getting older and Keith's abilities are decreasing. I don't really enjoy saying it but it's what I observe. I don't think I deserve to get bashed for posting a "stupid question."

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 22, 2016 14:04

Monsoon Ragoon
But not with RW.

Why not?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 22, 2016 14:06

erad
Monsoon Ragoon
Yeah he's always been thin but he seems to have lost even more weight over the past few years, he looks very gaunt as well.

I dont know what Ronnie you are talking about, the one I´m talking about looks great for a 68year-old.

Date: April 22, 2016 14:07

HonkeyTonkFlash
Witness
RipThisBone

What a stupid question.

Why is it tasteless or stupid to discuss to discuss our predictions or thoughts on how much longer our beloved and favorite band might carry on? I only sought to begin a polite discussion of these thoughts. The Stones are getting older and Keith's abilities are decreasing. I don't really enjoy saying it but it's what I observe. I don't think I deserve to get bashed for posting a "stupid question."

Because hypotheses about this question also may involve discussions of possible deaths or declining health issues from their age.

Date: April 22, 2016 14:44

Witness
HonkeyTonkFlash
Witness
RipThisBone

What a stupid question.

Because hypotheses about this question also may involve discussions of possible deaths or declining health issues from their age.

I agree that such discussions are unpleasant but they are sadly, a part of reality. We all get old...

Date: April 22, 2016 14:59

HonkeyTonkFlash
Witness
HonkeyTonkFlash
Witness
RipThisBone

What a stupid question.

I agree that such discussions are unpleasant but they are sadly, a part of reality. We all get old...

Are you prepared to discuss on the Internet your own future declining heath and your possible death year? Or those of your near relatives?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 15:24

HMS
erad
Monsoon Ragoon

I dont know what Ronnie you are talking about, the one I´m talking about looks great for a 68year-old.
He actually does look great, just extremely skinny, which is NOT necessarily a bad thing despite people constantly trying to make it out to be.

Ronnie, like Mick, has always been an ectomorph. When skinny people age, the collagen breaks down in their faces and they often get a sunken cheek "hatchet-face" look, like Peter Cushing. It's not always super-attractive, but it doesn't mean he's unhealthy.

Date: April 22, 2016 15:28

Monsoon Ragoon

I think he looks great.

Date: April 22, 2016 15:30

Witness
HonkeyTonkFlash
Witness
HonkeyTonkFlash
Witness
RipThisBone

What a stupid question.

Are you prepared to discuss on the Internet your own future declining heath and your possible death year? Or those of your near relatives?

I read Flash in the way that he just wanted to discuss for how long the Stones can keep going – not their medical conditions or fragileness.

If so, that would surely be ok?

Date: April 22, 2016 15:56

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

I think he looks great.
He definitely got some work done before the South American tour...his forehead and eyes looked noticeably more youthful.

Date: April 22, 2016 15:57

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

I think he looks great.
He definitely got some work done before the South American tour...his forehead and eyes looked noticeably more youthful.

The new hairdo did the trick, I guess. I can't see any changes.

Date: April 22, 2016 15:59

DandelionPowderman
Witness
HonkeyTonkFlash
Witness
HonkeyTonkFlash
Witness
RipThisBone

What a stupid question.

I read Flash in the way that he just wanted to discuss for how long the Stones can keep going – not their medical conditions or fragileness.

If so, that would surely be ok?

You're exactly right, DP. Thank you. I don't wish to be morbid or distasteful and I apologize to anyone who took me that way.

Date: April 22, 2016 16:13

DandelionPowderman
keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

I think he looks great.

The new hairdo did the trick, I guess. I can't see any changes.
There was definitely the hair, but his face also had a perky and more awake look to me that's indicative of a subtle facelift. Maybe, maybe not.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home