Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: How Long Will The Stones Roll?
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 23, 2016 17:45

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
Ronnie in 2016 in a way looks similar to Michael Jackson in 2009 or Prince in 2016. Exhausted and thin. Like a bad caricature.

I think he looks great.
He definitely got some work done before the South American tour...his forehead and eyes looked noticeably more youthful.

The new hairdo did the trick, I guess. I can't see any changes.
There was definitely the hair, but his face also had a perky and more awake look to me that's indicative of a subtle facelift. Maybe, maybe not.

Yeah, his eyes look somehow more "wide open."

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:15

So, Ronnie is the last man out with a wig? It looks like an unachievable task to bald as a rockstar?

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:24

and the hens just keep on clucking... gossipy gossipy... buc buc... cluck cluck..

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:34

You're wrong, Jambay. Wig, or not, is a big issue in showbiz. Ever since Frank Sinatra and Elton John...

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:46

Stoneage
You're wrong, Jambay. Wig, or not, is a big issue in showbiz. Ever since Frank Sinatra and Elton John...

... and Cher.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:55

wigs, smoking, looking thin, looking good, looking bad, buc buc buc...
gossipy hen house drivel...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:58

How Long Will The Stones Roll?

Till Bernanke and Yellen pour the manna of QE over our humble heads! Helicopter money equals an active band! grinning smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 23, 2016 19:05

Some pretty ghastly wigs:
Liberace
Tony Curtis
Gary Glitter
Phil Spector

however, Simon and Garfunkel have ditched theirs.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 23, 2016 19:48

dcba
How Long Will The Stones Roll?

Till Bernanke and Yellen pour the manna of QE over our humble heads! Helicopter money equals an active band! grinning smiley

Until the final shows in Reykjavik and Anchorage of course.

Posted by: FOGGY ()
Date: April 23, 2016 21:58

How long will the Stones roll??

How long is a piece of string?

After leaving the band in 1993 Bill Wyman said he thought they would continue until one of them died....

Date: April 23, 2016 22:38

FOGGY
How long will the Stones roll??

How long is a piece of string?

After leaving the band in 1993 Bill Wyman said he thought they would continue until one of them died....

That's probably the most accurate prediction...

Date: April 23, 2016 22:59

HMS
Stoneage

... and Cher.

Tina Turner!

Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: April 23, 2016 23:52

If i could wish: They should buy a small venue/club in London or somewhere else in Europe and then play there from time to time - maybe once or twice a month - with several setlists. No traveling, fixed equipment there, no running, no posing, only the music. That would be great...but also expansive i guess...

Anyway, hope they will do their business as long as they can. I'm a huge fan since i was 12 (1978), born in the GDR and one of my big dreams come true as i saw them live 1990 in Berlin for the first time, following 12 times after that.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 23, 2016 23:59

icke66
If i could wish: They should buy a small venue/club in London or somewhere else in Europe and then play there from time to time - maybe once or twice a month - with several setlists. No traveling, fixed equipment there, no running, no posing, only the music. That would be great...but also expansive i guess...

Anyway, hope they will do their business as long as they can. I'm a huge fan since i was 12 (1978), born in the GDR and one of my big dreams come true as i saw them live 1990 in Berlin for the first time, following 12 times after that.

Brilliant, best idea.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 24, 2016 23:01

they could play in my back garden if they like.

free of charge ofcourse.

once a week for 3 months in summer.

different setlists each gig.

Date: April 25, 2016 22:33

Now, after seeing that video of Mick and Keith discussing Edith Grove, and seeing how well they interact...they may just roll on longer than any of us think!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 17, 2016 14:15

This long....

‘An amazing way to go’: Jane Little, world’s longest-serving orchestra musician, collapses and dies performing ‘There’s No Business Like Show Business’

Jane Little, who debuted as a bassist in Atlanta on Feb. 4, 1945, at age 16 and who never stopped playing, died during a performance of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra on Sunday. She was said to be the longest tenured orchestra musician in the world. She was 87.

“We can say that Jane was fortunate to do what she loved until the very end of her storied life and career,” the symphony said in a Facebook post. “The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra was truly blessed to have Jane as part of our family for the past 71 years and we all miss her passion, vitality, spirit and incredible talent.”

“Her footprints are permanently etched on that stage,” wrote another admirer, Doug Ireland. “Everyone who ever attended a concert was amazed to see this tiny woman with that huge instrument!”

“Was at the performance today when Jane Little collapsed,” said a post by Rosemary Kord. “So sad to witness this tragedy. Happened in the last couple of minutes of the final song. I am still shakened and send my prayers to Jane’s family and to her musical family, The Atlanta Symphony. If there is a Requiem in her honor, I would like to be in attendance. RIP dear lady; you are an inspiration!”

The symphony was performing a pops concert called “Broadway’s Golden Age,” according to its schedule. A spokeswoman said the players were about 30 seconds from the last measures of “There’s No Business Like Show Business” from Irving Berlin’s “Annie Get Your Gun,” the encore to the concert when Little collapsed and was carried backstage by her fellow bassists. She never regained consciousness.

“She seemed to be made of bass resin and barbed wire. She was unstoppable,” bassist Michael Kurth, who was playing next to Little when she collapsed, told The Washington Post on Sunday night.

Kurth, 44, added that “I honestly thought I was going to retire before she did, honestly.”

“What an amazing way to go,” added Amanda Turner in a post on the ASO website.

Link to full article:

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Date: May 17, 2016 15:10

It would only make the legend complete if Keith were to draw his last breath onstage, sad as it would be...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 17, 2016 16:16

DandelionPowderman
HMS
Stoneage

... and Cher.

Tina Turner!

Lil' Kim

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 17, 2016 17:39

shattered
icke66

Brilliant, best idea.

Jagger's theory is the band still has a finite number of gigs in them (40? 50?).
So they'd better shoot their musical loads in front 100000 people than in front of 300... smoking smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 17, 2016 17:53

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
HMS
Stoneage

... and Cher.

Tina Turner!

Lil' Kim

Ru Paul´s wigs are best.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home