Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: June 9, 2016 12:15

bitusa2012
Paulhanrahan
bitusa2012
DEmerson
Re: Do any of the '02-'03 club shows approach the magic of these '95 shows?

I only managed to get to the Boston Orpheum Theater (2,700 capacity - I was in the 5th row) in Sept. 2002 - let's just say of the 34 Stones shows I've seen, it still ranks at #1. We got CYHMK, Hand of Fate, and Parachute Woman, among others that night so I'd say - yeah...those shows were just as great, if not better.

Yes, the Enmore Theatre Sydney show.... Because I WAS THERE!

hey Rod my wife and I were there too, what a gig, even got a copy of the set list!

Yeah it was a great night. I actually SAT on the stage for the whole show. My brother in law was next to me, holding me up there. I actually could not get down. Keith gave my hair a tossle. I touched Jagger's shoes and he looked down at me as if to say "don't ever touch me again!" Keith actually started Honky Tonk on one knee in front of me, playing the opening licks one handed as he does, and he leaned over to me and said "how fu**ing easy is this?" We both laughed...

What a great memory mate!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 14:28

JJF from Brixton... Ferociously, stupendously, magnificent.

Rod

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 9, 2016 14:47

BOB at olympia is wonderful indeed!!!
jeroen

Date: June 9, 2016 14:53

All Down The Line has a funny ending at the Olympia grinning smiley

Re: Stripped 1995 interactive/computer material
Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: June 9, 2016 15:00

On the original Stripped release of 1995 was a section only playable at the computer. Amongst this interactive material was a video version of Like a rolling stone of May 27 in Amsterdam. Was this only a fragment of about 1:45?
Not anywhere else a more complete version of this May 27 release?

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers,

Alex.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 9, 2016 15:14

Not sure if already posted:

"To complement the release of Totally Stripped, an updated and augmented CD+DVD / Vinyl & Super Deluxe Editions version of the Rolling Stones' much-admired Stripped album of 1995, uDiscover is giving Stones devotees the chance to listen to super-rare interviews from the time of the original disc. 21 years ago, music journalist Paul Sexton met with both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to discuss the album, and these promotional interviews have become archive rarities, unheard over the past two decades. We now present edited highlights in a daily, four-part series."

Link: [www.udiscovermusic.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-09 15:15 by Koen.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 9, 2016 15:29

Koen

"To complement the release of Totally Stripped, an updated and augmented CD+DVD / Vinyl & Super Deluxe Editions version of the Rolling Stones' much-admired Stripped album of 1995, uDiscover is giving Stones devotees the chance to listen to super-rare interviews from the time of the original disc. 21 years ago, music journalist Paul Sexton met with both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to discuss the album, and these promotional interviews have become archive rarities, unheard over the past two decades. We now present edited highlights in a daily, four-part series."

Thanks a lot, Koen.
Great to hear
Jeroen

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 9, 2016 15:31

bitusa2012
Ferociously, stupendously, magnificent.

...To me, that about sums it up as far as the Rolling Stones Live during that Voodoo Lounge era ('94 -'95) are concerned.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 15:43

corriecas
BOB at olympia is wonderful indeed!!!
jeroen
Indeed...absolutely gorgeous.

I love how Keith and Ronnie alternate between electric and acoustic on different songs on different nights. Keith uses an electric for Wild Horses at the Olympia, but the Stripped version was all acoustic. BOB was all acoustic at Paradiso, and half electric/half acoustic at Olympia.

It just shows how locked in to performing they were back then. It's truly magnificent to watch.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 9, 2016 16:09

Mine arrived yesterday so didn't watch anything yet.

So the documentary, can someone fill me in? I had assumed that was the same show from VH1 Stripped, back in '95. Is it not?

Back to the release, I did rip the paradiso show and listened a bit on my drive to work, it is fantastic! Haven't seen/heard anything else yet...

Date: June 9, 2016 16:16

LeonidP

So the documentary, can someone fill me in? I had assumed that was the same show from VH1 Stripped, back in '95. Is it not?

Back to the release, I did rip the paradiso show and listened a bit on my drive to work, it is fantastic! Haven't seen/heard anything else yet...

It's a new docu.

Posted by: Dman51 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 18:34

Anyone know if there is a recording of CYHMK from the 95 Stripped show? I heard it on SiriusXM and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else, both stripped and totally stripped don't have it as a track listing.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 9, 2016 18:43

Dman51
Anyone know if there is a recording of CYHMK from the 95 Stripped show? I heard it on SiriusXM and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else, both stripped and totally stripped don't have it as a track listing.

I don't know which recording you heard but it wasn't performed at all on the 94 and 95 tours.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 9, 2016 18:44

Dman51
According to Gazza's set list live debut of CYHMK was on August 16, 2002, Toronto, Palais Royale. There was previous undocumented appearance in Newcastle, 4.3.1971(1st show). It was not mentioned for 1994-1995 tour.

Posted by: Dman51 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 19:46

ironbelly
Dman51
According to Gazza's set list live debut of CYHMK was on August 16, 2002, Toronto, Palais Royale. There was previous undocumented appearance in Newcastle, 4.3.1971(1st show). It was not mentioned for 1994-1995 tour.
Deltics
Dman51

I don't know which recording you heard but it wasn't performed at all on the 94 and 95 tours.

Thanks for the info, it didn't say which performance and the album artwork that appeared on screen was "Totally Stripped" which led me to believe it was. I hadn't heard this version before but it was more of a mellow performance if you will, more smooth and jamming version. Anyone with an idea as to which it may be suggest away!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 9, 2016 21:05

Dman51

The version from Live Licks pops up on Pandora a lot. It's probably that one since it's the only officially released live version.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 9, 2016 21:20

Ross
Dman51

The version from Live Licks pops up on Pandora a lot. It's probably that one since it's the only officially released live version.

Apart from this one although only available as a download.
[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 22:39

keefriff99
I love how Keith and Ronnie alternate between electric and acoustic on different songs on different nights. Keith uses an electric for Wild Horses at the Olympia, but the Stripped version was all acoustic. BOB was all acoustic at Paradiso, and half electric/half acoustic at Olympia.

It just shows how locked in to performing they were back then. It's truly magnificent to watch.

They played Wild Horses twice in Wembley 1995 : on the first gig and on the third one.
Keith and Ronnie played acoustic guitars on the first night, while Keith played electric on the third night.
The third Wembley night was as good as Brixton (if not better...)

Rip This Joint from Totally Stripped CD / Analysis
Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: June 9, 2016 23:36

Hey guys!
Nice to be back after a long time!
Been enjoying reading you guys for the last amazing 2 years we've had and probably crossed paths with lots of you during those amazing shows.

But now it's time to get back in!

Got my Totally Stripped on "Opening Day" and my only word is : WOW!
Bravo to Mick and all the band/management for letting us have what we wanted for so long (21 years exactly).
Paradiso show is the best thing that ever happened to a Stones Fan! What a performance and such an unusual show (Keith speaking to the audience with Mick still on stage/Both of them on Connection and many more...)

But my main point is that I never thought we would get an official release with a false start EVER...
Keith messing up the intro..Mick follows on the wrong key.. and the restart..

I was just blown away that Mick with ever allow that! Look at where we are now!

Yes all of us are so satisfied with what we got (and WE SHOULD BE!) but we always have the thirst for more (More Studio Sessions, Paradiso 2 and many more)

So grateful that we have this amazing footage now and that is for me a pure "gift" from the band..(money part aside...)

So glad to be back on the board..Enjoy this gem and PLAY IT LOUD!

See you all at LAS VEGAS!

Tom

Re: Rip This Joint from Totally Stripped CD / Analysis
Date: June 9, 2016 23:41

Welcome back!

It's a bit weird that the false start was edited in the Paradiso DVD, though. But it is indeed included on the CD smiling smiley

Date: June 10, 2016 19:11

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

It's a new docu.

Cool ... and disappointing. Would be nice if the deluxe included the original (perhaps VH1 legalities prevented that) and a new docu.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 10, 2016 20:10

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

It's a new docu.

Cool ... and disappointing. Would be nice if the deluxe included the original (perhaps VH1 legalities prevented that) and a new docu.
I taped it off cable when it came out and wore that VHS tape out...it was a fantastic little documentary with a short clip of a VERY rare Jack Nicholson interview. He hardly ever does televised interviews.

Date: June 10, 2016 20:32

keefriff99
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

It's a new docu.

I taped it off cable when it came out and wore that VHS tape out...it was a fantastic little documentary with a short clip of a VERY rare Jack Nicholson interview. He hardly ever does televised interviews.

I still have my VHS of it, I recorded it then too. I think I may even have a digital copy, I believe it was shared here a few years ago. Still I am surprised they didn't release it in its entirety for this deluxe release.

Date: June 10, 2016 21:06

Jack is (briefly) featured in this one as well.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 10, 2016 21:07

Koen

Is there a way to download these Stripped interviews?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 10, 2016 21:15

Georgelicks, what about TS in the charts?!It is selling well or not?!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 10, 2016 23:34

I thought it was presumptuous and okay pompous of Jack Nicholson to walk right past everyone (seemed interruptive) and kiss Mick Jagger on the cheek whilst MJ was in the makeup chair. Show off.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 11, 2016 00:48

Finally got my copy of Totally Stripped delivered from Amazon. I sampled some it already including the Paradiso show. From my estimation, this box set is defintely one of the best releases the Stones have released. Holy Grail type of release! Would it have been nice to have some of the missing tracks (Jump On Top of Me, etc) for what you are paying for in order to make this set complete -yes it would have- but as a whole- this is certainly worth getting.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 11, 2016 00:58

Gonna watch PARADISO again !!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 11, 2016 01:16

mailexile67
Georgelicks, what about TS in the charts?!It is selling well or not?!

Albums chart (on these markets albums and DVD's are combined on the same chart)
Netherlands: #2
Germany: #7
Belgium: #12

Music Videos chart
UK: #1

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home