Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: Buenos Aires show-2 La Plata 10-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 11:56

laertisflash
Keith's mistake is something like "deja vu", to me..." Prague 2003: He started "Midnight Rambler" with the riffs of "Tumbling Dice", which was the next one on the list ("MR" 7th song, "TD" 8th).

The same happened yesterday, right?

Maybe Keith is (often or always) champing at the bit to start "TD" and so one time every decade he dodges the previous song!...

Funny, anyway...

All in all that's what I call "live" music.
I love mistakes, spontaneity, improvisations on Stones gigs.
I love that Keith is a human not a machine.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: February 11, 2016 12:44

laertisflash
Keith's mistake is something like "deja vu", to me..." Prague 2003: He started "Midnight Rambler" with the riffs of "Tumbling Dice", which was the next one on the list ("MR" 7th song, "TD" 8th).

Maybe Keith is (often or always) champing at the bit to start "TD" and so one time every decade he dodges the previous song!...

Funny, anyway...

Agree. Agree. And agree.... thumbs upwinking smiley

Posted by: DrSnuggles ()
Date: February 11, 2016 13:49

gone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 13:54 by DrSnuggles.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: February 11, 2016 13:50

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: February 11, 2016 13:50

gibsonman
laertisflash

Funny, anyway...

100% accurate bold statement!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

cool smiley

Posted by: DrSnuggles ()
Date: February 11, 2016 13:55

B-Flat
I have just arrived at home from La Plata.
This was my fifteen Stones show. Fourteen in Argentina and one in the US. I will never forget today´s show. Not only for the setlist, which was fantastic, but for the spontaneity of the Stones in the stage and their interaction with the crowd.
It was not the best Keith´s show from the musical perspective. It seemed that the Stones attended at the show that the crowd offered them. The Stones were not concentrated, and I loved it!!! How can you explain that Keef messed up the intro of IORR thinking that the song to play is TD using the wrong guitar with the wrong tuning (standard tuning vis a vis Open G tuning). That was FANTASTIC!!!! 100% non- concentrated.
They need to rehearse if they want to offer a perfect show. I prefer this kind of show, where you can see that they are human beings. They were, are and will be my super heros; but any time that I see them on stage I discover that they are human beings and that is very emotional to me. I confess that today I cried. I cried when Keith (my hero) received such huge and long ovation from the crowd. And I continued crying when he played Slipping away. I cried for him, because I just tried be in his skin and imagine for a second his happiness of having 53.000 young people singing his name, after 53 years of living as a rock star, arriving at the sunset of his career.
I go to bed with a big smile.
Goodnight.

"...dont cry for Keith, Argentina...!!!" cool smiley

Date: February 11, 2016 14:08

Medzvel

Oh my God!
What terrible jackets!
The Rolling Stones tend to look like an ugly gypsy band?!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 15:01 by 1962.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 11, 2016 14:36

gibsonman
laertisflash

Funny, anyway...

Yep agreed ...Hyde Park 1 best bit was SMU start which he messed up totally ...almost indescribable ...wish they'd kept it in on Sweet Summer Sun. It was just soooo bad...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 11, 2016 14:55

Medzvel

Oh my God!
What terrible jackets!
The Rolling Stones tend to look like an ugly gypsy band!

Ha, that's probably Ron's influence, his family literally were Gypsies albeit on the canals latterly, apparently Ron's grandfather had a family at each end of the London - Manchester canal...........eye popping smiley

Date: February 11, 2016 14:58

Somehow, they look older in those jackets smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 14:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 11, 2016 14:59

DandelionPowderman

Yes: old and ugly.

The Rolling Stones urgently need a fashion consultant or a new stylist!
How that they looked so cool at the Santiago photo session.
What a change in the bad direction!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 15:10 by 1962.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 11, 2016 15:17

DandelionPowderman
Somehow, they look older in those jackets

They will surely be piled on the bonfire if Mick hears about this post.

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: February 11, 2016 15:19

DandelionPowderman

Yes: old and ugly.

The Rolling Stones urgently need a fashion consultant or a new stylist!
How that they looked so cool at the Santiago photo session.
What a change in the bad direction!

Yes. They looked so cool,relaxed and rocknroll in those reheasalpics. But on stage. OMG. What are they thinking....

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 11, 2016 15:37

Jeez, girls - chill out! Mick and Keith wearing those jackets at the same time was not a great idea,
but neither of them is older nor uglier because of it, and they sound exactly the same, which is surely the main point.
Unless Mick's jacket is what distracted Keith at the start of IORR :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 15:38 by with sssoul.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 11, 2016 15:45

with sssoul
Jeez, girls - chill out! Mick and Keith wearing those jackets at the same time was not a great idea,
but neither of them is older nor uglier because of it, and they sound exactly the same, which is surely the main point.

*Ha Ha, look guys, sssoul and I'll take the jackets off your hands, and your backs. Ohh I'd love one (worn by them, not new off a rack)
it's colorful South America remember? OLE!

Date: February 11, 2016 15:54

35love
with sssoul

*Ha Ha, look guys, sssoul and I'll take the jackets off your hands, and your backs. Ohh I'd love one (worn by them, not new off a rack)
it's colorful South America remember? OLE!

I don't really even need the jacket - just taking it off Keith will do me fine :E

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 11, 2016 15:55

I have to laugh at what we criticise the Stones for on this page. Bad clothes, false starts, missing the phrasing of a lyric. Who cares, It's Only Rock And Roll.

Date: February 11, 2016 15:56

mighty stork
I have to laugh at what we criticise the Stones for on this page. Bad clothes, false starts, missing the phrasing of a lyric. Who cares, It's Only Rock And Roll.

Of course. but those ugly jackets...deserve some criticism, they need feedback!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 15:59 by 1962.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 15:58

DrSnuggles
B-Flat
I have just arrived at home from La Plata.
This was my fifteen Stones show. Fourteen in Argentina and one in the US. I will never forget today´s show. Not only for the setlist, which was fantastic, but for the spontaneity of the Stones in the stage and their interaction with the crowd.
It was not the best Keith´s show from the musical perspective. It seemed that the Stones attended at the show that the crowd offered them. The Stones were not concentrated, and I loved it!!! How can you explain that Keef messed up the intro of IORR thinking that the song to play is TD using the wrong guitar with the wrong tuning (standard tuning vis a vis Open G tuning). That was FANTASTIC!!!! 100% non- concentrated.
They need to rehearse if they want to offer a perfect show. I prefer this kind of show, where you can see that they are human beings. They were, are and will be my super heros; but any time that I see them on stage I discover that they are human beings and that is very emotional to me. I confess that today I cried. I cried when Keith (my hero) received such huge and long ovation from the crowd. And I continued crying when he played Slipping away. I cried for him, because I just tried be in his skin and imagine for a second his happiness of having 53.000 young people singing his name, after 53 years of living as a rock star, arriving at the sunset of his career.
I go to bed with a big smile.
Goodnight.

"...dont cry for Keith, Argentina...!!!" cool smiley

I just can't but agree, agree and agree with you! THE SHOW OF MY LIFE!
I we were looking for perfection, then we'll be Radiohead's fans, not the Stones'!!.
I have spent my whole birthday in La Plata, away from my family but as close as can be with the band I love. I cried too, in Keith's solo on GS. Maybe my last time watching them. But so proud to listen to this band, to be a fan of a bunch of guys in their seventies, doing it for nothing but rock's sake. Yes, they earn a lot of money too, but that's not really the point.
Yesterday they took so many risk, and maybe some have failed, but again, how can somebody can't feel proud of this band playing CYHMK? Yes, Taylor's gone, but man, they're playing it in front of 50k youngsters!! AND WE LOVE IT!! They could be playing just hits from begining to end, and ev'rybody will be happy. But they're not! And keith set seems to change every concert. Man, he was nervous! And he still needs to push himself in order to do his best. Charlie was shown in the screen at the end of MY, and he was looking very tired.
Ronnie was great, but Mick is a study case. He was really having a ball, he was overwhelmed by the crowd at some time, but he just smile and took the bull by the horns, and then was in command again. The perfect showman. Magnificent, and amazing at his age. Sasha really got it. His solo was emotional, she's feeling it.
The rest of the band, at top level. Don't like Chuck's sound, he plays the right notes with the wrong sound to me. But that's a pianist issue!
I came home very tired, but so happy. The band of my life in top form, taking risks, having fun on stage and demostrating that rock is just a posibility. Every night is a new night. Thanks Stones!!

EDIT: At one point Mick spoke about the two football teams of La Plata (Estudiantes and Gimnasia), saying that the game they was playing was a frendly match. This was because they played both in the summer, and the game ended in a great battle between players. To me it seemed to me that people did not like the comment, but in truth he was right, and he closed by saying "Now we're local" (Estadio Unico is where those two teams play) and we went nuts!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 16:09 by dandelion1967.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 11, 2016 16:15

Silvina's Periscope video downloaded: [www.iorr.org] smiling smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 11, 2016 16:24

So what song are Mick and Keith singing together in the photo above? LSTNT?

Date: February 11, 2016 16:30

Medzvel

Maybe it is a lame attempt at trying to attract Deadheads. Bob Weir would be proud.

However, it is as close to an actual duet that I've seen from them in sometime. I can now pretend that they are finally singing "Happy" the way it should be performed.

Date: February 11, 2016 16:33

Irix
Silvina's Periscope video downloaded: [www.iorr.org] smiling smiley

Can anyone capture the audio from this before it expires tonight?

Date: February 11, 2016 16:39

Maindefender

That seems likely

Date: February 11, 2016 16:44

with sssoul
Maindefender

That seems likely

Yep. Could have been WH, but they skipped that one last night, right?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 16:53

Green Lady

Twitter

Well Mick's certainly getting plenty of wear out of his stage clothes. He worse the same shirt in Oslo in May 2014 grinning smiley And probably several other shows in between>grinning smiley<

Date: February 11, 2016 16:56

with sssoul
Maindefender

That seems likely

Come on, this is 2016 and a Presidential election year, it's called "Let's Spend Some Time Together"

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 11, 2016 16:58

They're not playing in the US, so that doesn't apply.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 11, 2016 17:07

My first Stones show in Argentina ever...
Coming from Santiago, I was picked up at 3 PM at the BA airport by my local host in La Plata, and had the good fortune to be driven just behind the Stones motorcade during 20 km – everybody driving crazy, hands on the camera, but almost nowhere to be seen on the wheel
Flawless show, however the stadium acoustic, from where I stood (platea norte 33) was quite bad…. I didn't mind much,I enjoyed it. Keith made a mistake in the set list, i.e. placing TD on number 3 instead of IORR, but this is not a train wreck, this is not a musical mistake… Just confusion in the delivery order
I mean they sound so-so-so much better than in 2005 – Is it because they don’t rely anymore on a shadow guitarist (Chaplin), or because Keith does not pose anymore?
First time in my life, for this show n°61, that they FULL STOP on Midnight Rambler break… I mean it started quite habitual, then the crowd was pushing for more and they did another round of blues (I have seen that one or two time) – crowd is demanding so much more than they are like “OK, let’s push it more” and suddenly the guitars come back harder … Well what happened at the end of this second round, is that, literally, Jagger could not do get to the climax (BAAAM !) . Crowd was cheering so loud they had to wait like one minute … Not a tune, not a drumming…. Just the crowd
As for the “Gypsy clothes” – I mean they were all right – beautiful- this is not a show in the House of Blues

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 11, 2016 17:20

^ Forgot to mention in my review, if anyone has bad seats in the stands on Saturday, try coming to the sections closest to the stage - section 26 (Keith's side) or 6 (?) (Ronnie's), walk all the way down to the bottom (fila 10) and stand at the railing surrounding the moat. Plenty of room and the ushers don't mind/care.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home