Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: Buenos Aires show-2 La Plata 10-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 11, 2016 05:36

MingSubu
Where has Charlies granddaughter been? Wasn't she a)ways the one holding up the setlist for the pic?

Not sure if it's her or not, but an attractive blonde takes the photo, with a roadie holding the set list. The same girl also takes video footage of the crowd before the show, motioning at them to cheer and wave - which I find a bit annoying.

Elsewhere, Keith was off his game, slightly, tonight. But the crowd was more vocal, if not as energetic. We had 2 great shows in a row, some slippage is inevitable.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 11, 2016 05:51

DeanGoodman
Elsewhere, Keith was off his game, slightly, tonight. But the crowd was more vocal, if not as energetic. We had 2 great shows in a row, some slippage is inevitable.

That is surprising, because on the periscope feed from the back of the floor the crowd appeared to sound much more subdued and relaxed. Even between songs sounded rather mellow.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 11, 2016 05:57

PalaisRoyale
The wonders of Periscope. Great audio from a very upbeat crowd. Thank You to the lovely Silvana! If only the North American shows could be this rowdy.

I know. I'm always surprised at how subdude North American crowds seem to be, some even making you sit during rocking songs. These South American crowds have been crazy! Makes me think I should skip the US dates and travel. Anyone want to put me up for a visit? winking smiley

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 06:10

waterrats

Whoa that's an awesome shot of Keith! It'd make a great poster. Thank you for uploading it!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 11, 2016 06:18

The Sicilian
DeanGoodman

That is surprising, because on the periscope feed from the back of the floor the crowd appeared to sound much more subdued and relaxed. Even between songs sounded rather mellow.

On some songs they sang along much more than on Sunday - Midnight Rambler being the obvious one, and some others. The reality is that you can't just yell and pogo nonstop for 2.5 hours. They were saving their strength. It's also hot.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 11, 2016 06:25

DeanGoodman
The Sicilian
DeanGoodman

On some songs they sang along much more than on Sunday - Midnight Rambler being the obvious one, and some others. The reality is that you can't just yell and pogo nonstop for 2.5 hours. They were saving their strength. It's also hot.

Looking forward to reading your review. My reaction tonight was different than Sunday's, the periscope view tonight did not view the audience the same.
Very grateful to 'see and hear live' what I can.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 11, 2016 06:27

Irix
Hungry?

[www.Instagram.com]

Charlie would not appreciate his -- he is vegetarian~

Posted by: Primoterium ()
Date: February 11, 2016 06:42

video: [www.youtube.com]

Mick Jagger: "Charlie fue a caminar por la Costanera y comió un Choripán con chimichurri."

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: February 11, 2016 07:52

MacLaurens
Wrong guitar with no capo on? What was he thinking of?
He did not think in the entire show. He only felt.

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: February 11, 2016 08:31

I have just arrived at home from La Plata.
This was my fifteen Stones show. Fourteen in Argentina and one in the US. I will never forget today´s show. Not only for the setlist, which was fantastic, but for the spontaneity of the Stones in the stage and their interaction with the crowd.
It was not the best Keith´s show from the musical perspective. It seemed that the Stones attended at the show that the crowd offered them. The Stones were not concentrated, and I loved it!!! How can you explain that Keef messed up the intro of IORR thinking that the song to play is TD using the wrong guitar with the wrong tuning (standard tuning vis a vis Open G tuning). That was FANTASTIC!!!! 100% non- concentrated.
They need to rehearse if they want to offer a perfect show. I prefer this kind of show, where you can see that they are human beings. They were, are and will be my super heros; but any time that I see them on stage I discover that they are human beings and that is very emotional to me. I confess that today I cried. I cried when Keith (my hero) received such huge and long ovation from the crowd. And I continued crying when he played Slipping away. I cried for him, because I just tried be in his skin and imagine for a second his happiness of having 53.000 young people singing his name, after 53 years of living as a rock star, arriving at the sunset of his career.
I go to bed with a big smile.
Goodnight.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 08:34

It is always interesting to see how big is the gap between us, the "fans" on iorr, and the rest of the world. The song vote this time was very clear. Almost nobody here wanted Angie. I personally voted beast of burden, many voted for shine a light ....but at the end it was Angie. At the end of all i understand the jagger point of view.....people want popular songs. And this is what he tries to give them

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 08:42

another great show. Very spontaneous. I think Keith started to cry with the aplausse. The false start, the crowd stopping Jagger verse on Midnight Rambler...a lot of fun.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 11, 2016 08:46

B-Flat
This was my fifteen Stones show. Fourteen in Argentina and one in the US. I will never forget today´s show. Not only for the setlist, which was fantastic, but for the spontaneity of the Stones in the stage and their interaction with the crowd.
It was not the best Keith´s show from the musical perspective. It seemed that the Stones attended at the show that the crowd offered them. The Stones were not concentrated, and I loved it!!! How can you explain that Keef messed up the intro of IORR thinking that the song to play is TD using the wrong guitar with the wrong tuning (standard tuning vis a vis Open G tuning). That was FANTASTIC!!!! 100% non- concentrated.
They need to rehearse if they want to offer a perfect show. I prefer this kind of show, where you can see that they are human beings. They were, are and will be my super heros; but any time that I see them on stage I discover that they are human beings and that is very emotional to me. I confess that today I cried. I cried when Keith (my hero) received such huge and long ovation from the crowd. And I continued crying when he played Slipping away. I cried for him, because I just tried be in his skin and imagine for a second his happiness of having 53.000 young people singing his name, after 53 years of living as a rock star, arriving at the sunset of his career.
Goodnight.

Beautiful post B-Flat. Thanks for that.

Date: February 11, 2016 08:46

The Sicilian
I wonder why Mick just didn't sing through Keith's TD false start for IORR at 10:14 on Silvina's periscope feed. Why the restart because one song is out of order. Can't they just wing it? A little spontaneity would be groundbreaking for this band.

Listening to the playback, the band sounded a bit sloppy and uninspired tonight. They seemed to be running through the songs.

Keith had a guitar with a different tuning. He also started TD in G, instead of B, since he don't have a capo on for IORR.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:09

Naturalust
B-Flat
Goodnight.

Beautiful post B-Flat. Thanks for that.

I agree. Without this, there would be nothing interesting. They are playing more or less the same songs with the same arrangements as they have since 89.

Seems like the SA tour is going very well so far!

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:11

I just realized the third show is Saturday night when I'll be celebrating Valentine's with S - romantic dinner watching the ice skaters at Campus Martius in Detroit and then the ballet. (I'm a renaissance person - ballet and the Stones).

I'm going to have to remember to take headphones so I can watch the Periscope at the B&B after S falls asleep.

Which means someone has to take my place sharing the scopes in Periscope and to Twitter and Facebook.

Hmmmmmmmmm.....I could place my iPhone screen down on my leg or in my purse and listen with my ear bobs. The choreography of the Dance Theatre of Harlem set to the Stones. This might work.

I can see S's reaction. Oh dear. smiling smiley

View from the restaurant:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 10:43 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:28

mnewman505
Goodnight everyone!
Thank you so much Silvina!!

Estadio Ciudad de La Plata #2
La Plata, Argentina
Wed, February 10, 2016

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Let's Spend the Night Together
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Tumbling Dice
Out of Control
Angie (by request)
Paint It Black
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women (followed by band intros)
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter (w/ Sasha!)
Start Me Up
Sympathy for the Devil
Brown Sugar

You Can't Always Get What You Want (with Estudio Coral de Buenos Aires)
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

What does the bold represent?

Olly.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:38

"What does the bold represent?"

Songs played for first time on the particular tour, I guess

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:38

Songs not usually played

Date: February 11, 2016 10:43

B-Flat
Goodnight.

Or he was 100 percent concentrated, but on the next song in the setlist grinning smiley

Seriously, stuff like that happens.

Date: February 11, 2016 10:47

laertisflash

Before They Make Me Run should be in bold as well..

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:52

DandelionPowderman
laertisflash

So then:

La Plata, Argentina
Wed, February 10, 2016

1.Jumpin' Jack Flash
2.Let's Spend the Night Together
3.It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
4.Tumbling Dice
5.Out of Control
6.Angie (by request)
7.Paint It Black
8.Can't You Hear Me Knocking
9.Honky Tonk Women (followed by band intros)
10.Slipping Away (Keith)
11.Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
12.Midnight Rambler
13.Miss You
14.Gimme Shelter (w/ Sasha!)
15.Start Me Up
16.Sympathy for the Devil
17.Brown Sugar
18.You Can't Always Get What You Want
19.Satisfaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 11:15 by 1962.

Date: February 11, 2016 10:54

I just catched the first few songs last night. Listening to CYHMK right now. A really nice version. Beautiful solo by Ronnie! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 10:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 11:15

DandelionPowderman
laertisflash

So then:

La Plata, Argentina
Wed, February 10, 2016

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Let's Spend the Night Together
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Tumbling Dice
Out of Control
Angie (by request)
Paint It Black
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women (followed by band intros)
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter (w/ Sasha!)
Start Me Up
Sympathy for the Devil
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction

The non bold BTMMR is my fault, I was distracting Mike with conversation.

Date: February 11, 2016 11:21

The first IORR-intro deserves a bold as well grinning smiley

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 11:36

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 11, 2016 11:41

Keith's mistake is something like "deja vu", to me..." Prague 2003: He started "Midnight Rambler" with the riffs of "Tumbling Dice", which was the next one on the list ("MR" 7th song, "TD" 8th).

The same happened yesterday, right?

Maybe Keith is (often or always) champing at the bit to start "TD" and so one time every decade he dodges the previous song!...

Funny, anyway...

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: February 11, 2016 11:52

I think the setlist is safe and boring. They might sound fantastic but to me it's the same old story over and over again. Why not try something new? We all heard to songs many times before. I miss the 'guts'
I hear you thinking "here we go again. Another setlist basher" Don't get me wrong. I love to see them everytime when they are in my country (the Netherlands) And I always enjoy their shows, no matter what they play. But after the Keith set we know the race is run... They have 400+ songs in their catalogue. Why not try something different? Nobody likes to eat spaghetti everyday. And I know 80% of the people likes to hear crowed pleasers. But the other 20% are die-hard fans who wants to hear something new. Well most of the 20%..

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 11, 2016 11:53

colonial
Green Lady

Photo of the year!...

You'd think that was a man in his 30's up there...

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 11, 2016 11:55

latebloomer

Silvina seems to be replaying the concert on scope. smiling smiley

Replay of the whole concert: [www.periscope.tv] thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home