Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: The Rolling Stones - Stripped 20th Anniversary Edition BluRay
Date: February 11, 2016 00:35

RipThisBone
DandelionPowderman
Let's see, then. I dunno what triggers your pessimism here, though..

The fact the "video editor" said he worked on "Stripped 20th Anniversary Edition Bluray" and we are now living the year of 2016... That's 21 years since Stripped.
Got the feeling it is put on the backburner for the 25th Anniversary.

I agree with Deltics. Let's all wait and see.

Same with The Fonda Theatre DVD. That one also looks like a decent one ready to release.

Maybe pooroldgran'dad who started this thread has some more information.

Let's all wait and see.

Would you make up something and put a photoshopped cover on your cv if you were a pro editor? smiling smiley

A late anniversary release is better than no release.

Let's wait and see indeed. thumbs up

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 11, 2016 00:42

DandelionPowderman
RipThisBone
DandelionPowderman

The fact the "video editor" said he worked on "Stripped 20th Anniversary Edition Bluray" and we are now living the year of 2016... That's 21 years since Stripped.
Got the feeling it is put on the backburner for the 25th Anniversary.

I agree with Deltics. Let's all wait and see.

Same with The Fonda Theatre DVD. That one also looks like a decent one ready to release.

Maybe pooroldgran'dad who started this thread has some more information.

Let's all wait and see.

Would you make up something and put a photoshopped cover on your cv if you were a pro editor? smiling smiley

A late anniversary release is better than no release.

Let's wait and see indeed. thumbs up

thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 11, 2016 01:26

GasLightStreet
UMe hasn't reissued STRIPPED, right? So this is a fantastic way to reissue it!

Stripped was reissued by UMe in 2009. "No Security" hasn't been reissued.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2016 02:39

Oh. HA HA! I suppose it's obvious I haven't paid attention to what UMe's done with exception to EOMS and SG...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 11, 2016 03:59

DandelionPowderman

Better ask what triggers my realism. Really, some people already take it for granted that the 1995 club shows will be thrown out in one giant blast, plus the extended TV special, plus outtakes from the Toshiba sessions and what else (and start to discuss the potential retail price of such a giant set!) that it can only lead to a major disappointment when things will turn out a bit different when in fact the configuration I described will be good enough for the vast majority - as long as the selection of bonus tracks is chosen with care.

Let's just wait and see the official announcement.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: February 15, 2016 15:44

Peter Elphick has let me know that it will be released in June and gave me permission to post the information here. He didn't say what day in June. That is ALL I know.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 17:05

so June...that's a long wait...

Date: February 15, 2016 17:08

Harlem Shuffler
Peter Elphick has let me know that it will be released in June and gave me permission to post the information here. He didn't say what day in June. That is ALL I know.

Thanks! thumbs up

Date: February 15, 2016 17:54

DandelionPowderman
Harlem Shuffler

Thanks! thumbs up

thumbs up What will be on it?

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: February 15, 2016 22:17

Bummer , from April and now June possible release date ??

But the main thing is Conformation , what will be included , my main concern is IF the Complete Brixton Academy Show on dvd /Blu Ray is included ,

And its been SO long,So a couple Months extra waiting is no problem, but it would be Nice ( to say it mildly ) to know for SURE if the London 19-07-1995 will be on it and (if) it will be released ...

Anybody ?

Date: February 15, 2016 22:49

nico one
Bummer , from April and now June possible release date ??

But the main thing is Conformation , what will be included , my main concern is IF the Complete Brixton Academy Show on dvd /Blu Ray is included ,

And its been SO long,So a couple Months extra waiting is no problem, but it would be Nice ( to say it mildly ) to know for SURE if the London 19-07-1995 will be on it and (if) it will be released ...

Anybody ?

This release, which seems to be ready, can be put on a hold until 2020 for a 25th anniverary celebration.
Why release STRIPPED DELUXE when there MAYBE is a real NEW 2016 album/LP/CD in the can...?
If not.......STRIPPED DELUXE will be the next official release me thinks.
drinking smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 15, 2016 23:21

Could be another one from the vaults.

I'm curious, as Sky Arts are showing the concerts at the moment. I'm wondering if there will be an interim, pre Stripped 1995 shows, Vault release, and what year ? I cannot envisage a new album out this year.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: February 16, 2016 03:50

They still have not released the Fonda Theater Sticky Fingers show and the Toronto Light The Fuse show in physical formats yet. Maybe one of those will be released first.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 16, 2016 06:59

The Rolling Stones gave Friday and Saturday a concert at Paradiso in Amsterdam. The public could watch the concert on a large video screen at Museumplein.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 16, 2016 10:14

exilestones

The Rolling Stones gave Friday and Saturday a concert at Paradiso in Amsterdam. The public could watch the concert on a large video screen at Museumplein.
That evening on the museumplein was nice.
But the whole thing still stinks after all these years. The public broadcaster had loads of tickets. Instead of handing them out to the general public they gave away 6 or so in aradio contest. The rest they kept to themselves. Gave the tickets to anybody working there basically.
Then they sat down and thoroughly enjoyed us running thru the city looking for tickets. Made tv programs about it, radio shows, whatever.
After all these years i still cannot forgive these *@!#%
I never watch television and when i hear the radio i can only hear people who despise the ordinary folks.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 16, 2016 15:16

...If SF Deluxe Edition has sold about 350K worldwide, how many copies do you think Stripped Deluxe will sell?!?So June can be a good choice to me thinking that new album will be out in the fall(September or so...)

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 18, 2016 15:55

SO NO STRIPPED DELUXE coming out all this chit chat was just a dream,coming down again where are all my friends. JUST NEED TO DREAM MORE.life is a cocktail party

Date: February 18, 2016 16:03

kish_stoned
SO NO STRIPPED DELUXE coming out all this chit chat was just a dream,coming down again where are all my friends. JUST NEED TO DREAM MORE.life is a cocktail party

June. Be patient.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 18, 2016 16:36

DandelionPowderman
kish_stoned

June. Be patient.
Any particular June? Or June in general? Or average June?
There should be 4 digits after June, you know. Like 2016 or 2025 or 2095 winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 18, 2016 17:08

exilestones

Yeah, that was a great great Night.
Jeroen

Date: February 18, 2016 17:09

I'm repeating Harlem Shuffler's post (on this very page in this thread...):

«Peter Elphick has let me know that it will be released in June and gave me permission to post the information here. He didn't say what day in June. That is ALL I know».

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 18, 2016 18:10

Thanks for the information i hope june 2016 and then new album in sept 2016 yea,yea,yea. LIKE A ROLLING STONE wow 2 albums in 1 year and stripped will be deluxe what a treat for the fans,all this rubbish bootlegs out there.

Posted by: FrankG ()
Date: February 18, 2016 21:20

Indeed a great night at the museumplein after unsuccesfully chasing all my contacts to score tickets for Paradiso. It was a warm evening and I remember dutch rock'n'rollers Fatal Flowers were standing next to me enjoying the show.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: February 21, 2016 18:33

Maybe they will do a little "Stripped" section if they tour this summer. Like Sweet Virginia and Let It Bleed with acoustic guitars. But I doubt it because "Stripped just has covers on it and it isn't really a classic album like Sticky Fingers.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 21, 2016 18:38

MonkeyMan2000
Maybe they will do a little "Stripped" section if they tour this summer. Like Sweet Virginia and Let It Bleed with acoustic guitars. But I doubt it because "Stripped just has covers on it and it isn't really a classic album like Sticky Fingers.

Like A Rolling Stone, Not Fade Away, Love In Vain, Little Baby. That's four out of 14 tracks. confused smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: February 21, 2016 18:49

Deltics
MonkeyMan2000

Like A Rolling Stone, Not Fade Away, Love In Vain, Little Baby. That's four out of 14 tracks. confused smiley

Yeah but it's not that you immediately think of "Stripped" when you hear one of the other 10 tracks. I think of Exile when I hear Sweet Virginia or Beggars when I hear Street Fighting Man. Those tracks were already on other albums."Covers" was the wrong word.

Edit: But as I said they could do them acoustic and maybe then the concept would fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-21 18:53 by MonkeyMan2000.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 21, 2016 20:20

MonkeyMan2000

Maybe they will do a little "Stripped" section if they tour this summer.

Better some Club shows in London this summer to support the Stripped 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition as well as Exhibitionism .... smiling smiley

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: February 24, 2016 11:35

When will there be any official conformation??? Whats on it definitily, which formats etc

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: February 24, 2016 12:01

i'm still hoping we get a light the fuse vault release on blu ray and also would be good if they released the full concerts of the voodoo lounge dvd and bridges to babylon dvd

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 17, 2016 14:41

so nothing new about this?

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home