Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: The Rolling Stones - Stripped 20th Anniversary Edition BluRay
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 10, 2016 12:06

I must be in the minority here but I'm having a hard time getting excited about a rehash of the Stones rehashing old stuff 20 years ago while trying to cash in on the Unplugged releases? Sort of the beginning of the end really and paving the way for albumless tours like Licks...Other than the cover and the sprinkling of studio cuts it wasn't very "stripped" either?

I'd take Knebworth 76 over that any day, not to mention the release of the elusive "Memory Hotel" 2xCD of unreleased songs from 1999!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 10, 2016 12:23

"a rehash of the Stones rehashing old stuff" - but that's their business plan?!

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 10, 2016 12:44

This is now the whiners ballet begin.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 10, 2016 13:51

get real get stripped,stones are big business they know what they are doing jagger is business man not going to give us 4 or 6 cds of unrealesed tracks bootleggers are making money and keeping the stones name going, they only put out what they want STICKY FINGERS deluxe could have done with 2 or 3 extra tracks but it sold.WE ARE GREEDY FANS WANT MORE. I WILL BE HAPPY WITH 4 DVD SET OF STRIPPED, BETTER THAN NOTHING AND IN BETTER QUALITY TOO.CAN YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 10, 2016 14:09

From what was described I wouldn't call this a better than nothing type of release. Furthermore, it's a very interesting document of 4 club shows with some rarely played songs. What's not to like if you're a Stones Fan. Besides the Brussels Box this is the most exciting news in years for me.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 10, 2016 14:54

I have now heard that the smaller version 1DVD/2CD's will come out in April and the Deluxe Edition will come out in May to coincide with the Exibitionism thing in London.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 10, 2016 14:59

Exhibitionism starts April 5th Mr.D.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 10, 2016 15:13

What a load of whining,once again.

I Am looking forward to it, !!

Jeroen

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 10, 2016 15:58

Some scepticism regarding the content is justified, given that some previous deluxe editions have had inexplicably incomplete shows included and DVDs which were nothing more than twenty minute trailers for another product.. If I act like a mug and habitually buy any old tat, I'll get treated like a mug in the future. Vocal, constructive criticism should be welcomed by these companies as they can improve their releases and I'll buy more. That's surely win-win for everyone? Of course, you can just try and shout down any sceptics as "whiners" and take what you're given if you enjoy being royally screwed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-10 16:01 by Father Ted.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: February 10, 2016 16:05

This IS the one I have been waiting for!

Date: February 10, 2016 16:16

Father Ted
Some scepticism regarding the content is justified, given that some previous deluxe editions have had inexplicably incomplete shows included and DVDs which were nothing more than twenty minute trailers for another product.. If I act like a mug and habitually buy any old tat, I'll get treated like a mug in the future. Vocal, constructive criticism should be welcomed by these companies as they can improve their releases and I'll buy more. That's surely win-win for everyone? Of course, you can just try and shout down any sceptics as "whiners" and take what you're given if you enjoy being royally screwed.

They can't include everything on a normal release, either. By offering only the monster deluxe-products they will probably sell less..

Not everybody wants a Deluxe release, either – they might be happy with a CD/DVD release.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 10, 2016 16:25

mitch
retired_dog
Be prepared for a Deluxe Version bonus disc with additional footage culled from the four 1995 club shows, but not any 1995 club shows in their entirety.

Have you ever noticed that all the "From The Vault" releases (at the exeption of Hyde Park 1969) offer complete shows?

You already mentioned one exception, so the "complete show" thing is not a rule engraved in stone forever. You may have noticed that Hyde Park 1969 did not include any bonus material at all, not even the bonus tracks that were available on certain older releases, and no accompanying soundtrack CD either (which could have been a real treat with the great stereo mix and the possibility to avoid the voice-over on certain tracks in the concert special itself and to include complete versions of tracks that appear in shortened form in the movie).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-10 16:27 by retired_dog.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 10, 2016 16:29

Father Ted

I am not shouting down. I am tired of people complaining about the setlists, and complaining about new stuff they have been posting about what they want. and when they get something, they already complain.
I understand they want specific things, and thats normal. i want that too. But if there is something special happening, i am happy and positive. Thats what been missing sometimes.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-10 16:44 by corriecas.

Date: February 10, 2016 16:37

retired_dog
mitch
retired_dog
Be prepared for a Deluxe Version bonus disc with additional footage culled from the four 1995 club shows, but not any 1995 club shows in their entirety.

Have you ever noticed that all the "From The Vault" releases (at the exeption of Hyde Park 1969) offer complete shows?

You already mentioned one exception, so the "complete show" thing is not a rule engraved in stone forever. You may have noticed that Hyde Park 1969 did not include any bonus material at all, not even the bonus tracks that were available on certain older releases, and no accompanying soundtrack CD either (which could have been a real treat with the great stereo mix and the possibility to avoid the voice-over on certain tracks in the concert special itself and to include complete versions of tracks that appear in shortened form in the movie).

Hyde Park was a different release (only in the US). It was merely a stereo version of the film.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 10, 2016 16:40

flairville
Exhibitionism starts April 5th Mr.D.

OOOOPPPPSSSS!smiling smiley I hope it all comes out at the same time! For those hoping for Knebworth '76 I don't think it will be a part of the Vault series, only one hour exists, the rest was taped over by the BBC, apparently they frequently taped over shows back then to save tape...sounds stupid now, doesn't it?

Date: February 10, 2016 17:17

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
mitch
retired_dog

Hyde Park was a different release (only in the US). It was merely a stereo version of the film.

That doesn't stop Stripped from being a "different release" too.

Date: February 10, 2016 17:25

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
mitch
retired_dog

Yes, it does, actually. At least according to the reports from the video editor and the sources here at IORR.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 10, 2016 17:31

retired_dog
mitch
retired_dog

You already mentioned one exception, so the "complete show" thing is not a rule engraved in stone forever.

An exception confirm the rule.
Anyway we'll see soon if you are right...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 10, 2016 17:51

gotdablouse
I must be in the minority here but I'm having a hard time getting excited about a rehash of the Stones rehashing old stuff 20 years ago while trying to cash in on the Unplugged releases? Sort of the beginning of the end really and paving the way for albumless tours like Licks...Other than the cover and the sprinkling of studio cuts it wasn't very "stripped" either?

I'd take Knebworth 76 over that any day, not to mention the release of the elusive "Memory Hotel" 2xCD of unreleased songs from 1999!

So you'd prefer a hashing of things that you want only. Did you like the hashing of EXILE and SOME GIRLS leftover tracks? Of course we know not all the tracks were technically done for those albums but somehow they "scraped the bottom" for those, even though we know there's tons of extra material...

STRIPPED was awesome. If they release the rest of just the rehearsal studio recordings I'd be happy. If there are more live tracks I'd be even happier. And if whatever it is with the live shows happens, whether it's one or four, that's even better.

How could someone not be happy with this? If we're lucky we might get some kind of GHS-IORR-BAB extras release down the road.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: February 10, 2016 18:31

retired_dog
mitch
retired_dog

On of the reasons Hyde Park doesn't have bonus features or is more complete, is (I think) that it is a rights issue (I believe that Granada Television has the film rights)

That example does't tell us we don't get complete shows now. I must say Eagle Rock does a VERY good job (until now) with the vault releases. Very happy so far.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 10, 2016 19:36

RipThisBone
exilestones
gotdablouse
I remember a great article that went with these pics where the writer had trekked all the way to Ronnie's house and been greeted in the alley by the 4 boys and had tossed back beers with them in Ronnie's in-house pub...now where did I put the link for that ?

I hope you find that link!

I have no idea where I found this image. Maybe it was from Green Lady. Is she in the room? I wonder where she found these pics? [www.iorr.org]

This picture is also from the Stripped book from 1995. Nice release, not official maybe, like a lot of calendars at the time. I am looking at it now.

Sorry, only just seen this. There are four or five of those pictures from Ireland in the Stripped tour book and I have probably posted several over the years. I was lucky enough to find a second hand copy in a charity shop and it's well worth having with lots of good stage pictures.

Date: February 10, 2016 20:59

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
mitch
retired_dog

Yes, it does, actually. At least according to the reports from the video editor and the sources here at IORR.

Since when does a "video editor" have the final say in what's going to be released? You can only draw conclusions from the work of an editor if he confirms that he'd just done the final production cut. Editing the complete shows may as well have been the first step in the work on the entire project, preparing "rough cuts" of the entire material for further work and reviewing purposes, in order to be able to select suitable individual songs.

Date: February 10, 2016 21:02

Let's see, then. I dunno what triggers your pessimism here, though..

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 10, 2016 21:40

Seven pages (and counting...) of rumours, conjecture and supposition and we still haven't had ANY official confirmation about this release.
Why don't we all just wait and see?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 10, 2016 22:27

What the hell. It sounds like a decent release. Only No Security would be more welcome in the Post Wyman era. I was pleasantly surprised by Leeds '82, so I'll keep my mouth shut until I get a look at the product.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 10, 2016 23:39

DandelionPowderman
Let's see, then. I dunno what triggers your pessimism here, though..

The fact the "video editor" said he worked on "Stripped 20th Anniversary Edition Bluray" and we are now living the year of 2016... That's 21 years since Stripped.
Got the feeling it is put on the backburner for the 25th Anniversary.

I agree with Deltics. Let's all wait and see.

Same with The Fonda Theatre DVD. That one also looks like a decent one ready to release.

Maybe pooroldgran'dad who started this thread has some more information.

Let's all wait and see.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-10 23:43 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 10, 2016 23:50

All the pessimists will be proved very wrong in no time at all. Roll on April!

Date: February 11, 2016 00:03

20 years, 21 years, 25 years - whatever!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 00:22

Easy solution: Don't buy it.

Yes, you are in the minority - but it's a free world (mostly). Lucky for you - you get the save the money the rest of us "have" to shell out LOL

gotdablouse

Date: February 11, 2016 00:25

UMe hasn't reissued STRIPPED, right? So this is a fantastic way to reissue it!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1956
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home