Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: The Rolling Stones - Stripped 20th Anniversary Edition BluRay
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 8, 2016 22:29

slewan
Doc
Since we are talking about "From the Vault" series, I think the pricing will be "fair" as for all releases (standart pressings, no Japanese editions)

Let's make some estimations :
The DVD+CD pack will probably be in the €18-25 range
The price for Bluray + DVD could be the same (maybe 2 more euros)

DVD or Bluray alone €15 to 20

For DELUXE versions, I'd see "reasonnable" prices : about €50/60 for DVD and 10 more for Blu-ray.

hahaha – if the the deluxe version comes with at least three shows (Paris, Brixton and a mix of the two Amsterdam shows) on CD and DVD plus a documentary that's (al least) 6 CDs and four DVDs plus a a hard bound book (maybe)… Thus we should prepare for a price ranging f between 100 and 150 Euros

Still comparatively cheap and considering the high quality content absolutely reasonable from the viewpoint of an experienced bootleg collector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-10 02:56 by retired_dog.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 8, 2016 22:33

retired_dog
slewan
Doc
Since we are talking about "From the Vault" series, I think the pricing will be "fair" as for all releases (standart pressings, no Japanese editions)

For DELUXE versions, I'd see "reasonnable" prices : about €50/60 for DVD and 10 more for Blu-ray.

hahaha – if the the deluxe version comes with at least three shows (Paris, Brixton and a mix of the two Amsterdam shows) on CD and DVD plus a documentary that's (al least) 6 CDs and four DVDs plus a a hard bound book (maybe)… Thus we should prepare for a price ranging f between 100 and 150 Euros

Still comparatively cheap and considering the high qulity content absolutely reasonable from the viewpoint of an experienced bootleg collector.

thumbs up

In the past we had to wait 10 years and maybe get "Light The Fuse" on a double CD by Vinyl Gang for 200 euro's. Pay 30 euro for a live CD with horrible sound etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 22:35 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 8, 2016 22:42

slewan
Doc

Eagle Rock's previous FTV releases have, at best, been 2CD+DVD packs or standalone SD Blu-ray or DVD only packs. Will Eagle Rock break the format and go for this massive box set? Maybe the Stones have listened to the fans and see the opportunity to give previously unseen shows that are in demand in one big box set.

Date: February 8, 2016 22:54

exilestones
gotdablouse
I remember a great article that went with these pics where the writer had trekked all the way to Ronnie's house and been greeted in the alley by the 4 boys and had tossed back beers with them in Ronnie's in-house pub...now where did I put the link for that ?

I hope you find that link!

I have no idea where I found this image. Maybe it was from Green Lady. Is she in the room? I wonder where she found these pics? [www.iorr.org]

This picture is also from the Stripped book from 1995. Nice release, not official maybe, like a lot of calendars at the time. I am looking at it now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 23:00 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 8, 2016 23:30

Father Ted

Will Eagle Rock break the format and go for this massive box set?

Why not? Maybe as at 'Ladies & Gentlemen': on the one hand a single DVD/Blu-ray and on the other hand a special Deluxe Edition ....

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 9, 2016 00:26

slewan
Doc

Who said the CDs were included ? There's only 1 CD in the box : the new Stripped.
Maybe the Japanese will get the CDs in their edition, but there are no plans for such a version in Europe as of today

Date: February 9, 2016 01:01

Doc
slewan
Doc

Who said the CDs were included ? There's only 1 CD in the box : the new Stripped.
Maybe the Japanese will get the CDs in their edition, but there are no plans for such a version in Europe as of today

Will the new Stripped be Stripped and Stripped Companion?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 9, 2016 01:39

Way to kill a good buzz man!!

ote=ironbelly]
Lynd8
Oh Man - When I saw this thread title I thought this just wishful thinking or just a cruel joke! But it turns out to be the best thing I've read in a long time LOL
But this is wishful thinking right now! We do not have official info or any special details!

PS. Sorry, Doc. I understand you have your sources and you will not make them public. But we should calm down and wait for the official announcement.

I will not be surprised at all if the whole world will get an ordinary Stripped CD (2009 remaster) + Stripped BBC special DVD. And our Japanese friends will get super deluxe with all 4 shows available as a limited edition of 3500 units at $$$$$$$ price (not including sale tax, import tax and registered shipping).[/quote]

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 9, 2016 04:16

The original "Stripped" CD was 59 minutes and change - how about a few bonus tracks to fill that sucker up! I'm tempted to vote for "No Expectations" but I guess there was other great tracks from those Toshiba sessions that never leaked out already...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 9, 2016 07:19

A lot of great possibilities for this release. Hope the super deluxe will have all shows with a book (with lots of unreleased pictures) and memorabilia like tickets, guitar picks and backstage passes. All housed in a box made of special material. Kind of like the Brussels Box.

Date: February 9, 2016 08:16

Lynd8

ote=ironbelly]
Lynd8
Oh Man - When I saw this thread title I thought this just wishful thinking or just a cruel joke! But it turns out to be the best thing I've read in a long time LOL
But this is wishful thinking right now! We do not have official info or any special details!

PS. Sorry, Doc. I understand you have your sources and you will not make them public. But we should calm down and wait for the official announcement.

I will not be surprised at all if the whole world will get an ordinary Stripped CD (2009 remaster) + Stripped BBC special DVD. And our Japanese friends will get super deluxe with all 4 shows available as a limited edition of 3500 units at $$$$$$$ price (not including sale tax, import tax and registered shipping).
[/quote]

Trust me, the DVD's and Bluray's will not be Japan only.
But since the japanese have special bonus, the CD's of the complete shows might be, but this (and only this) is a speculation :-)

Date: February 9, 2016 12:28

Doc
Lynd8

ote=ironbelly]
Lynd8

I will not be surprised at all if the whole world will get an ordinary Stripped CD (2009 remaster) + Stripped BBC special DVD. And our Japanese friends will get super deluxe with all 4 shows available as a limited edition of 3500 units at $$$$$$$ price (not including sale tax, import tax and registered shipping).

Trust me, the DVD's and Bluray's will not be Japan only.
But since the japanese have special bonus, the CD's of the complete shows might be, but this (and only this) is a speculation :-)[/quote]

Doc, are you able to confirm if the original Stripped CD is included? I thought it might not be, given that no back catalogue albums have been attached to previous FTV releases.

Date: February 9, 2016 12:48

Father Ted
Doc, are you able to confirm if the original Stripped CD is included? I thought it might not be, given that no back catalogue albums have been attached to previous FTV releases.

The 1995 Stripped CD as we know it will NOT be in any of these non-japanese editions.
I've been told by a reliable source that only ONE track from the 1995 Stripped album will be featured in this new Stripped CD/double LP.
I did not see the tracklisting yet...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: February 9, 2016 12:55

Doc
Father Ted

The 1995 Stripped CD as we know it will NOT be in any of these non-japanese editions.
I've been told by a reliable source that only ONE track from the 1995 Stripped album will be featured in this new Stripped CD/double LP.
I did not see the tracklisting yet...

Thanks Doc, I thought that would be the case.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 9, 2016 12:56

Only 1 track from the original CD. If the complete concerts are released doesn't that make it impossible? Unless they mean 1 studio track. So this will be a no repeat type of release?. That's cool. Maybe they are listening to us after all.

Date: February 9, 2016 13:22

Only ONE track among those listed below will make it on the new CD.

Street Fighting Man – 3:41 (live in Amsterdam on 26 May 1995)
Like a Rolling Stone – 5:39 (live in London on 19 July 1995)
Not Fade Away – 3:06 (live in the studio in Lisbon from 23–26 July 1995)
Shine a Light – 4:38 (live in Paris on 3 July 1995)
The Spider and the Fly – 3:29 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)
I'm Free – 3:13 (live in the studio in Lisbon from 23–26 July 1995)
Wild Horses – 5:09 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)
Let It Bleed – 4:15 (live in Paris on 3 July 1995)
Dead Flowers – 4:13 (live in London on 19 July 1995)
Slipping Away – 4:55 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)
Angie – 3:29 (live in Paris on 3 July 1995)
Love in Vain – 5:31 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)
Sweet Virginia – 4:16 (live in the studio in Lisbon from 23–26 July 1995)
Little Baby – 4:00 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)

The rest might be same songs recorded on a different date or different songs (live or studio), or some of the tracks released before but not on Stripped like Hope Floats and the B-sides...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 9, 2016 13:37

Doc
Only ONE track among those listed below will make it on the new CD.

Street Fighting Man – 3:41 (live in Amsterdam on 26 May 1995)
Like a Rolling Stone – 5:39 (live in London on 19 July 1995)
Not Fade Away – 3:06 (live in the studio in Lisbon from 23–26 July 1995)
Shine a Light – 4:38 (live in Paris on 3 July 1995)
The Spider and the Fly – 3:29 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)
I'm Free – 3:13 (live in the studio in Lisbon from 23–26 July 1995)
Wild Horses – 5:09 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)
Let It Bleed – 4:15 (live in Paris on 3 July 1995)
Dead Flowers – 4:13 (live in London on 19 July 1995)
Slipping Away – 4:55 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)
Angie – 3:29 (live in Paris on 3 July 1995)
Love in Vain – 5:31 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)
Sweet Virginia – 4:16 (live in the studio in Lisbon from 23–26 July 1995)
Little Baby – 4:00 (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)

The rest might be same songs recorded on a different date or different songs (live or studio), or some of the tracks released before but not on Stripped like Hope Floats and the B-sides...
And the unique track is marked in bold.
Pure speculation!!!!!

Date: February 9, 2016 14:18

I'm mildly surprised that we could have a release that is 99.9% free of previously-released material!

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: February 9, 2016 22:24

@ Doc ,

Do you have an idea which shows are included , as there are (supposedly smileys with beer ) 2 plus a documentary ?

And when will Eagle records spill some beans ???

Date: February 9, 2016 22:57

I have turned from optimistic to pessimistic about this release after six pages...

NOW hoping for a Stripped 25th Anniversary release in 2020 and The Fonda Theatre 50th Anniversary in 2065.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 9, 2016 23:08

RipThisBone
I have turned from optimistic to pessimistic about this release after six pages...

NOW hoping for a Stripped 25th Anniversary release in 2020 and The Fonda Theatre 50th Anniversary in 2065.

Why?

Date: February 10, 2016 00:01

hockenheim95
RipThisBone

Why?

He's impatient..

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 10, 2016 01:16

...And a 40th Anniversary Deluxe of Knebworth?!?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 10, 2016 01:57

I've waited twenty years for this so I can wait 2-3 more months easy...smiling smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 10, 2016 03:05

Be prepared for a 1 DVD/1 BlueRay - release of the reworked (longer) "Stripped" TV-special plus accompanying soundtrack CD/vinyl. Be prepared for a Deluxe Version bonus disc with additional footage culled from the four 1995 club shows, but not any 1995 club shows in their entirety.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-10 03:09 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 10, 2016 04:01

Okay man .... I'm loadin' me wallet right now

ROCKMAN

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: February 10, 2016 11:31

Excitement somewhat dashed with the new posting above a 1995 club show would be included in it's entirety! I was thinking all weekend the possibility of not only the Stripped TV special but 2 or 3 of those famous club shows!

I still hold out hope it will happen smiling smiley

Date: February 10, 2016 11:36

retired_dog
Be prepared for a 1 DVD/1 BlueRay - release of the reworked (longer) "Stripped" TV-special plus accompanying soundtrack CD/vinyl. Be prepared for a Deluxe Version bonus disc with additional footage culled from the four 1995 club shows, but not any 1995 club shows in their entirety.

Why do you say that? Footage culled from the two Paradiso-shows, yes. However, the other two shows will most likely be included in the Deluxe-version.

Unless you have new info on this?

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 10, 2016 11:44

retired_dog
Be prepared for a Deluxe Version bonus disc with additional footage culled from the four 1995 club shows, but not any 1995 club shows in their entirety.

Have you ever noticed that all the "From The Vault" releases (at the exeption of Hyde Park 1969) offer complete shows?

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 10, 2016 11:53

hahaha the exitement has gone, need to wait to see what we get, it would be dream to get 3 club gigs on dvd plus documentry I will be in heaven, coming out in april my bday and STONES EXBIT TOO,WHAT A TREAT.YOU GOT ME ROCKING.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home