Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 30 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show - Confirmed For March 25
Posted by: duviquet ()
Date: March 21, 2016 09:10

[havanamyway.com]

Regarding wifi: the above link will show you where are the public hotspots in Havana .

Life is a Rock & Roll
Phiphi

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 21, 2016 11:31

You know that many iorrians won't agree with me, But i am so happy that wifi is not working.... I really don't like the Periscope era . So boring . Instead of writing comments and personal feelings it became a series of videos and thanks here, thanks there....

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 21, 2016 14:19

duviquet
[havanamyway.com]

Regarding wifi: the above link will show you where are the public hotspots in Havana .

I hope we can catch bloody hot signals around these spots.
But this is CUBA.grinning smiley
Some of them doesn't work at all I guess.
And even when connected, some of them will be extremely slow and almost impossible to upload photos.

Now I am in Panama and land on Havana this afternoon.
Anyway, I have to go Estadio Latino Americano to get "Entrada" for tomorrow's "Beisbol" game.thumbs up

Try to get connection after that.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 21, 2016 16:00

Bootleg shirts to be found on Obispo

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 21, 2016 16:44

I will not spend much time looking for Internet here in Cuba. It is not very available. It is like a front row seat at a Stones show. Hard to get. Today I got two vouchers so theoretically I may use internet for two hours but not my own PC, just the one in the lobby, and only if it is free, through a browser. So I will rather spend time outside in the streets, just some brief reports may be.

I see half a dozen kids i.e. young girls and boys age 14-18 outside the large hotels in the late evenings. They are busy tapping their smartphones. They are using the hotel wireless and they probably cracked the codes or found the guy on the street that is selling the vouchers.

Just a quick report. The weather was great until late afternoon Sunday, around the time when Obama started his visit may be. Then the rain started, and it rained all evening. Today Monday it is grey weather and a bit colder may be +25 C, still ok weather. The sea is dark and a bit wild, and I bet Malecon is washed a bit with larger waves.

I have many great pictures but will not be able to publish them until I can connect my PC. So long...

Bjornulf

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 21, 2016 16:47

To all those going have a great time,just looked at the weather seems like it will be just fine for the night!!!!!!!....and this is just a hunch so,The Stones are going to want everything perfect so i am guessing they will do a mighty soundcheck the day before the concert so you might get a mini show beforehand....just a thought and one more before the show just to make sure everything is ready.....Looks like CUBA is ready Like i said it's just a hunch.......Wish i was there but looking forward to the reviews,pictures,setlist.and everything else Have Fun OLE!!!!!!!! M

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: March 21, 2016 17:06

Granma (Official newspaper central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba)
(Google translate)

Dale Skjerseth says the concert in Havana will be "surprising" and that attendees "will never see something like this." "In Cuba you will never again see something like what will happen at the concert. It will be an amazing show.
The concert, which will not be televised because they do not allow the image rights of the band, will begin at 8:30 pm and will last two hours and 15 minutes, but Dale does not rule out that alargueun little more. "If it spreads it will only band decision. "I know they will talk to Cuban rockers and the audience from the stage, from music. It will be something impressive. "

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 21, 2016 18:01

Big thanks to Cristiano ,Bjornulf and everyone else who have been giving us some great info.

I'm sure this show is going to be something special, like Porto Alegre was to me in the pouring rain.

Really looking forward to it on 25th ,but not expecting much on periscope etc. or reports and pics coming through quick ,but you never know. Stones website and FB and twitter may be O.K.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 21, 2016 21:08

LovingCupola
sarahunwin
swaff
Just Heard the show is postponed five days????? Because of President Obama's visit. One of you called it earlier!

Yes it was rescheduled from the weekend of 3/20-21 to 3/25 which is why I now cannot go! Even had a reservation at the Hotel Inglaterra! Such is life. Long live the Rolling Stones!

Indeed! I am sorry not to be able to meet you Sarah & the HI would have been a beautiful place to stay. I will raise a glass to you from there.

The eagle has landed .. Obama is in Havana right now, this is history!

Thanks! Maybe even raise two glasses!!!!

Posted by: wildhorses260 ()
Date: March 21, 2016 21:19

Will be arriving in Cuba tomorrow! Looking forward to a great show in Havana. So glad to be able to get there!Thanks to all for posting great pictures and info regarding the upcoming show!See you all in Havana!Have a great show everyone!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 21, 2016 21:45

andrea66
You know that many iorrians won't agree with me, But i am so happy that wifi is not working.... I really don't like the Periscope era . So boring . Instead of writing comments and personal feelings it became a series of videos and thanks here, thanks there....

I agree!

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: March 21, 2016 21:48

mikey C
Really looking forward to the show..whatever we see of it!!!! Thanks to all IORR's for the information, great advice, and words of wisdom...

To all those going have a great time,just looked at the weather seems like it will be just fine for the night!!!!!!!....and this is just a hunch so,The Stones are going to want everything perfect so i am guessing they will do a mighty soundcheck the day before the concert so you might get a mini show beforehand....just a thought and one more before the show just to make sure everything is ready.....Looks like CUBA is ready Like i said it's just a hunch.......Wish i was there but looking forward to the reviews,pictures,setlist.and everything else Have Fun OLE!!!!!!!! M

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 21, 2016 22:44

Andrea66, THANKS FOR THOSE WONDERFUL WORDS OF WISDOM!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 21, 2016 23:42

andrea66

Stupidest post ever.

If you dont like it then don't do it.

After the show is over "the writing comments and personal feelings" are posted JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS WERE!!

Before periscope the first 5-10 pages of the live thread was mostly people whining about the same set list as it was reported in print somewhere. Set list whining made up most of the "writing comments and personal feelings" as the non-periscoped shows were reported...

...then as people who went to the show reported in, and as the youtubes came up, people posted their "writing comments and personal feelings" AS THEY STILL DO!!.

But I imagine you are one the people who also complains about people recording concerts... right before you run to youtube to watch the videos you whined about being recorded.

persicope adds to the live thread it is does reduce.

Date: March 21, 2016 23:45

Apparently, there is free Wi-Fi in the big parks, Bjørnulf.

Date: March 21, 2016 23:58

jambay
andrea66

Stupidest post ever.

After the show is over "the writing comments and personal feelings" are posted JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS WERE!!

Before periscope the first 5-10 pages of the live thread was mostly people whining about the same set list as it was reported in print somewhere. Set list whining made up most of the "writing comments and personal feelings" as the non-periscoped shows were reported...

...then as people who went to the show reported in, and as the youtubes came up, people posted their "writing comments and personal feelings" AS THEY STILL DO!!.

But I imagine you are one the people who also complains about people recording concerts... right before you run to youtube to watch the videos you whined about being record ed

no, i don't complain about people recording. I just said that periscope comments are boring . You are the stupid if you don't understand. It is not my fault

Date: March 22, 2016 00:02

andrea66
jambay
andrea66

Stupidest post ever.

But I imagine you are one the people who also complains about people recording concerts... right before you run to youtube to watch the videos you whined about being record ed

no, i don't complain about people recording. I just said that periscope comments are boring . You are the stupid if you don't understand. It is not my fault

What is to not understand about what you said.

People have a lot of good time seeing shows with periscope and you are "so happy" they wont be able for the Cuba show.

And you stupidly said people no longer "writing comments and personal feelings" in live threads when they absolutely still do.

edit- and btw I didn't call you stupid. I said that comment was stupid. andrea66 I have usually always liked your comments here, but this one was stupid and I saw the usual suspects jumping onboard saying how great it was and I was having none of that.

And if I am the only one who posts here in favor in periscope then there are several people who I will be very disappointed in.

Again, only the first bunch of pages in live threads are short periscope informative posts, then after the show, the thread moves on like it always did, and again, the first bunch of pages were mostly a waste before periscope where now they are useful.

And that is all I will say about it here, as this is the Cuba thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 00:19 by jambay.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:19

now I am in front of Estadio Latinamelicano.
Can't find tix for tomorrow so far.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:34

Love the periscopes...will take whatever we can get this time.

Kudos to all who are in Havana or anywhere in Cuba right now and for the show!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:39

andrea66

Somehow I understand what you're saying, but how can we comment about what's being played if we can't at least listen to it?

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:40

Does anybody know what time the show starts?

Date: March 22, 2016 00:43

jambay
andrea66
jambay
andrea66

Stupidest post ever.

What is to not understand about what you said.

People have a lot of good time seeing shows with periscope and you are "so happy" they wont be able for the Cuba show. I only want to say that i can criticize many periscope reports and say that they are boring without being considered stupid from somebody like you. I don't know who you Are and you don't know who I am . You can be free to follow all what you want. I can be free to go to sleep and watch YouTube videos the day after. Now goodnight

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 22, 2016 02:21

joshbg2k
Does anybody know what time the show starts?

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 22, 2016 02:22

a bigger nut
now I am in front of Estadio Latinamelicano.
Can't find tix for tomorrow so far.
All tickets already allocated by invite only !!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 22, 2016 02:34

Checked out the site today after seeing President Obama at plaza de la revolucion, stage is same as ole, 3 entrances and there will be a safety barrier just beyond catwalk
They are opening site close to stage Thursday night for people to camp. Walk down indepencia, turn left when you see the indoor stadium 1st right, enter on the right, nearest to the inside stage area. Internet in hotel libre, 5 cucs for an hour, lasts 3 daysfrom 1st lpg on. Anybody meeting in abar anywhere between now and Friday ? I'm on venales Wednesday, other than that here in Havana.
Cheers,
Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 22, 2016 02:38

Just scrolled back, seen bv's post, see you at inglaterre tomorrow @ 5-6 !!!
Cheers, Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 22, 2016 03:30

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 22, 2016 04:54

jambay
andrea66

Stupidest post ever.

But I imagine you are one the people who also complains about people recording concerts... right before you run to youtube to watch the videos you whined about being recorded.

I guess you haven't been here long if you think it's the stupidest post ever. But whatever, why are you so angry (you forgot to accuse him of living in his parents' basement)?

I understood what he meant; that the setlist threads were more fun in the "old days". I agree with him, but I get that people disagree, something that I guess you also don't get because it seems to make you so dammed angry. i disagree with you but I do not necessarily think you are a stupid goddamed motherflucker, you are just an insecure guy who gets bent out of shape when the world doesnt agree with you on everything (as also evidenced by your use of the word whiner).'

I also think the people who go to the show will enjoy it more if there is no wifi there, no phones and they are forced to just watch and listen. So is this the second stupidest post you ever saw?

Date: March 22, 2016 05:33

Rokyfan
So is this the second stupidest post you ever saw?
lol, nice try, but no thanks.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2016 07:00

The place has gone Stoopid ....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 30 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home