Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show - Confirmed For March 25
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 12, 2016 21:43

I am intending to be at the site by midday, just to be sure !
Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: March 12, 2016 22:51

chriseganstar
I am intending to be at the site by midday, just to be sure !
Chriseganstar

Good plan chriseganstar!

Date: March 13, 2016 07:09

bv
LovingCupola
Thanks for this, bv. These are the sorts of things I am trying to find out now: things to do in Havana and surrounding areas. You mentioned that Trinidad is quite beautiful, how long would a bus ride to Trinidad take?

You need 2-3 extra days to go to Trinidad. If you take Viazul, which is great air-conditioned buses (bring extra cloths, it is cold on the bus!), you may see the time tables here, the bus takes 7 hours and leaves three times per day, cost usd 25.

[www.viazul.com]

Stay at one of the nice hotels in Ancon, like Hotel Ancon, the one on Ancon Beach, 11 km from Trinidad (7 miles). They are cheap, and you are on the caribbean ocean.

The bus ride is a ride through the history. You will see horses on the roads with a carriage, people selling bananas, the nice city Cienfuegos and so on.

Now I really want to go, maybe the day after thumbs up

Posted by: wildhorses260 ()
Date: March 13, 2016 14:42

I will be traveling solo to see the stones in Havana.Staying in Varadero,looking to connect with other Stones fans.Arriving on the 22nd!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 13, 2016 15:04

About an hour's drive west of Cienfuegos is the Bay of Pigs. The story of the invasion is related in typical anti-Imperialist style at a museum on Playa Giron, where there is also a budget all-inclusive hotel.

Will Cuba be televised?
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 13, 2016 14:42

Just wondering will the show be televised through something like Pay Per View?

Thanks, Sockers45.

Re: Will Cuba be televised?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 13, 2016 16:17

They will do a movie out of it, from what i gather. the same people who filmed and produced HydePark, Sweet summer Sun, will do the filming. So , i guess a small aprt will be on TV, as promotion for the movie.
Jeroen

Re: Will Cuba be televised?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 13, 2016 16:38

The revolution will not be televised.

Posted by: 59rocks ()
Date: March 13, 2016 19:45

wildhorses260
I will be traveling solo to see the stones in Havana.Staying in Varadero,looking to connect with other Stones fans.Arriving on the 22nd!

59rocks
Hi,

will anybody else stay in Varadero and like to organize a shuttle transfer to the concert with me ?

Posted by: wildhorses260 ()
Date: March 14, 2016 02:38

Hi59rocks,

I would be interested in organizing a shuttle transfer to the concert. My question is how to get back to Varadero after the concert. I am leaving on the 26th.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 14, 2016 05:34

Some hotels or casas will gradly to arrange transportations between Varadero and Havana.

Tons of Cuban peoples doing private taxi business.

Date: March 14, 2016 14:29

Getting ready for Cuba now, thinking about places to meet (and when). One place which is recommended is the Hotel Nacional outdoor seating area overlooking the Malecon. Through the Hotel main lobby to the rear doors. Also Habana Libre Hotel mezzanine level atrium. Both also have Wi-Fi. Or in the old town La Bodeguita del Medio, near Plaza de la Catedral. Any thoughts from anyone ? I'm planning on going to the Nacional Saturday and/or Sunday (19th/20th) and a few trips plus baseball on the 22nd before the Stones on the 25th. We should also try to get together the day before the concert somewhere ?
I'm at Casa Buena Vista, Calle N, 402, in Vedado, which is just under an hour's walk to the concert, about the same as I had in Porto Alegre.

Cheers,

Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 14, 2016 15:04

This doesn't really have anything new, but it is newly written/published.

[nyhavanablogging.wordpress.com]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 14, 2016 16:56

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 14, 2016 17:36

crawdaddy
I'm really looking forward to this gig, following it on IORR from the comfort of my place in Spain.
My heart was ruling my head when I was seriously gonna get over to Havana, but I just couldn't get it to come together financially and practically.
I just got back to London from South America for gawd sake.
Hope they periscope it and I will be over the moon watching it from afar. smoking smiley

Hi crawdaddy

You live in Spain or just vacations?

I had the same issue.. Going back to SA after three weeks... I mean, it was at first the crowd... Concert of one million people, I just don't like it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-14 17:44 by The Joker.

Posted by: tumbling_stone ()
Date: March 14, 2016 21:03

Anyone from Sweden that are going to see the Stones, and the moon, in Habana?

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: March 14, 2016 23:12

Somebody prolly already asked this question sorry i don't have time to roll through the 25 pages jamming to the first concert in Mex. Anyway i'm in Mexico and i'm an american i plane on going to Cuba hopefully!!! Does anyone know how to get into cuba, Ive heard i have to go to mexico airport get a visa for cuba and then book a flight out of mexico city is that it? or am i totally wrong any help on this subject is greatly appreciated!!! thank
s Frank!

Date: March 15, 2016 00:01

chriseganstar
Getting ready for Cuba now, thinking about places to meet (and when). One place which is recommended is the Hotel Nacional outdoor seating area overlooking the Malecon. Through the Hotel main lobby to the rear doors. Also Habana Libre Hotel mezzanine level atrium. Both also have Wi-Fi. Or in the old town La Bodeguita del Medio, near Plaza de la Catedral. Any thoughts from anyone ? I'm planning on going to the Nacional Saturday and/or Sunday (19th/20th) and a few trips plus baseball on the 22nd before the Stones on the 25th. We should also try to get together the day before the concert somewhere ?
I'm at Casa Buena Vista, Calle N, 402, in Vedado, which is just under an hour's walk to the concert, about the same as I had in Porto Alegre.

Cheers,

Chris

I was not thinking about this game but sounds interesting experience.smiling smiley
Do you know how to get a ticket ? I guess it will be not easy.

Date: March 15, 2016 01:33

a bigger nut
chriseganstar

Chris

I was not thinking about this game but sounds interesting experience.smiling smiley
As far as I can see you have to go to the stadium beforehand and buy a ticket in cash. I'll see if that's the case when I get there.
Cheers,
Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 15, 2016 01:50

stonesfrkk,

That's about it. $25 USA will buy you the needed tourist visa at the Mexico City airport, you'll need to show proof of health insurance when you get to Cuba (or buy a short term policy there- maybe $30?)

Sorry, I'm assuming you are a USA resident, other nations often do not need the visa or insurance.

See you there!
Zach

Date: March 15, 2016 02:00

chriseganstar
a bigger nut
chriseganstar

Chris

As far as I can see you have to go to the stadium beforehand and buy a ticket in cash. I'll see if that's the case when I get there.
Cheers,
Chriseganstar

Thanks! Any information helpful.
Now I found this is not a night game. It is also nice.
I prefer watching baseball under the sun.grinning smiley

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 03:52

a bigger nut
chriseganstar
a bigger nut
chriseganstar

Chris

Cheers,
Chriseganstar

There is a special box office window at the stadium for non-Cubans - my understanding its on the other side of the stadium from the regular box office, at least at Latinoamericano. I've also read that Cubans sell tickets on the street.

Date: March 15, 2016 04:02

chriseganstar

Cheers,

Chris

When I was looking at maps, I thought it would be easier to get to Sports City from the Malecon area in Vedado than Old Havana. I also think there's a shared taxi stop near the Hotel Nacional, which might make it easier for people to get there, at least cheaply.

When I was still contemplating going I was thinking it might be wise to hire a taxi for the day that would drop friends and I off as close to Sports City as possible and be waiting in a prearranged spot after the concert. It sounded better than walking several miles back to my casa particular at midnight. Most of the casa particulars have a list of people they recommend for day rentals - so you could probably get that set up this week if people were interested in renting a taxi together for the day that would get them from the meeting spot to the concert and back again later. I think the day rentals were less than $100 - not bad if there's four people in the cab. You could probably even ask the driver if he wanted to hang out with you at the concert. smiling smiley

Date: March 15, 2016 08:31

GlimmerGirl24
a bigger nut
chriseganstar
a bigger nut
chriseganstar

Chris

Cheers,
Chriseganstar

There is a special box office window at the stadium for non-Cubans - my understanding its on the other side of the stadium from the regular box office, at least at Latinoamericano. I've also read that Cubans sell tickets on the street.

Thanks GlimmerGirl.
Anyway, I will go to Latinoamericano just after arrived at Havana.
I don't mind to pay non-Cubans price but if possible, I would like to watch this game surrounded by local Cubans and feel its atmospheres..smiling smiley

Date: March 15, 2016 08:47

a bigger nut

Thanks GlimmerGirl.
Anyway, I will go to Latinoamericano just after arrived at Havana.
I don't mind to pay non-Cubans price but if possible, I would like to watch this game surrounded by local Cubans and feel its atmospheres..smiling smiley

I think there's a separate box office for non-Cubans because they use CUC to pay for the ticket, which Cubans wouldn't. I do remember reading a couple of blogs about attending a game at Latinoamericano and it sounded like there wasn't an issue with walking up the day of the game and either buying a ticket at the non-Cuban box office or on the street.

Don't forget to post some photos of the game. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-15 20:02 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: March 15, 2016 11:28

Thanks for all the advice, glimmergirl, very helpful. I expect several people at my Casa will be going. One other thing I'm doing is bringing over shoes, cosmetics and towels to leave as gifts as I understand they're all in short supply.
Cheers,
Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: March 15, 2016 15:03

chriseganstar
Thanks for all the advice, glimmergirl, very helpful. I expect several people at my Casa will be going. One other thing I'm doing is bringing over shoes, cosmetics and towels to leave as gifts as I understand they're all in short supply.
Cheers,
Chriseganstar
Wow Cool Thanks Zach! Yea i have a cigna insurance card so maybe that will work that's weird?lol insurance card. Anyway cool man i appreciate it going to the airport today or tomorrow. Let's hook up for a beer?

Date: March 15, 2016 20:13

stonesfrkk
chriseganstar
Cheers,
Chriseganstar
Wow Cool Thanks Zach! Yea i have a cigna insurance card so maybe that will work that's weird?lol insurance card. Anyway cool man i appreciate it going to the airport today or tomorrow. Let's hook up for a beer?

The insurance card should work. If not, You'll either pay $3 or $3/day for health insurance (I've read both).

When you buy the airfare check to see if it includes the $25 Cuba airport exit fee. If it doesn't, you'll have to pay that at the airport when you leave.

Currency wise, you might be better off to exchange dollars into Euros or Canadian dollars while in Mexico. US dollars get hit with an extra 10% fee when converting to CUC.

You might also want to print and fill out this affidavit in case the airline you're flying to Cuba asks for it (doubtful) or you end up telling US Customs you were in Cuba.

[www.calstatela.edu]

Date: March 15, 2016 20:17

Date: March 15, 2016 22:23

Good news for our American friends regarding travel to Cuba ...

"Travel will be permitted for almost any cultural activity -- from musical performances and art appreciation to baseball games. Travelers will be able easily to declare their plans while booking on a travel website."

[www.latimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-16 01:44 by LovingCupola.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home