Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 34
Re: song vote for Cuba
Posted by: WetWillie ()
Date: March 2, 2016 00:38

I am torn between "Money" and "Sea Cruise." But probably "Factory Girl" is the most appropriate choice.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 2, 2016 00:59

2000 Light Years From Home

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 2, 2016 01:09

"STREET FIGHTING MAN"

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: March 2, 2016 01:18

RipThisBone
My choice: Undercover of the Night (song 4)

>grinning smiley<

Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show - Confirmed For March 25
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 2, 2016 01:30

FREE SHOW!!? Anyome recall the disaster called ALTAMONT? Dumb idea! Sorry but if they feel generous it should not be in such an untested country!! This is not well thought-out, very dangerous!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 2, 2016 01:36

Altamont was in 1969 and it was in another world, another time, litterally. The Rolling Stones performed a free show in Rio de Janiro Brazil in 2006 and there were one and a half million people on Copacabana beach no worries no problems.

Most problems never happen.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 2, 2016 01:48

they did a free show (cough) in LA for global warming? lucked into a ticket and watched the show from the upper ring, all the way in the back at staples center. but hey, saw the stones fer free. good show.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: March 2, 2016 02:06

mickschix
FREE SHOW!!? Anyome recall the disaster called ALTAMONT? Dumb idea! Sorry but if they feel generous it should not be in such an untested country!! This is not well thought-out, very dangerous!

No Hells Angels in Cuba, and I'm pretty sure not many private citizens with a gun either! (haven't seen any on my trips to Cuba).

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-02 03:17 by coowouters.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 2, 2016 02:17

^ I'm sure nostalgists among us can borrow a pool cue from a private citizen. But it will be too hot to wear a Hells Angels patch, or a green suit, or a white crocheted sweater.

Half the people there will be secret police, so we should be safe as long as we don't say or do anything.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: March 2, 2016 02:45

Next the moon!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 2, 2016 03:01

one other thing. altamont was the first time they played brown sugar on stage. maybe if the idiot never pulled a gun and pointed it at mick he could have heard it.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 2, 2016 03:13

Now I am wondering if they sell Havana show t-shirt / litho and in which currency.smoking smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 2, 2016 03:21

a bigger nut
Now I am wondering if they sell Havana show t-shirt / litho and in which currency.smoking smiley

And do they have enough time to add Havana to the current lineup of tour t-shirts?

Date: March 2, 2016 03:34

Do we have a list of IORRians going?

...I am looking at plane tickets...my family is screaming zika virus....

I'd be solo, need a travel buddy.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: March 2, 2016 04:24

What's the best site to book a hotel?

Posted by: Okodub ()
Date: March 2, 2016 04:27

flights confirmed !! From 19 to 26 !! Argentina to Cuba !!! See you there! Lets pogo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-02 04:29 by Okodub.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 2, 2016 04:33

This Billboard article as an interesting paragraph:

[www.billboard.com]

The article discusses the issues with bringing an act to Cuba and if you scroll down to the photo of George Hernandez, there's a paragraph just below it that discusses the snag with the Stones concert.

Our benefactor, the guy we need to send a Christmas card to is Gregory E. Elias.

Gregory Elias, chairman of United Trust (based in Curaçao) - wealth building for the top of the food chain, is picking up the tab. Elias also dabbles in writing and producing films based on the Caribbean. He also created his own foundation - Fundashon Bon Intenshon - Foundation of Good Intentions, which funds a soccer academy, homes for children that are orphans or HIV positive, music programs for kids and music and film festivals in the Caribbean along with the International Film Festival Rotterdam. The foundation is paying the costs for the Stones concert.

Elias could have come into the Stones orbit through Prince Rupert - he went to college and law school in the Netherlands, but I still suspect it was Steve Bing who brought Elias in. Elias and Bing move through the same film, music and charitable circles, Bing has motivation to promote the end of the US embargo and Elias has the non-US foundation with the cash for the concert, which avoids tangling with embargo regulations. Although recent changes is making it easier for US sources of money to stage a concert in Cuba.

[www.fundashonbonintenshon.org]

Elias's email address is very easy to find through Google if you want to send him a thank you. smiling smiley

And I'm campaigning for Cherry Oh Baby, which has been played in rehearsals since '99 or '02.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-02 04:35 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: March 2, 2016 04:35

I'm in! My brother and I booked flights at 3pm central today.

Fly from Tulsa>Dallas>Cancun [buy cuban visa at airport] Arrive Havana 4pm on the 21st.

Last time I went to Cuba you still had to worry about the stamp in passport and bribing guys to not do it, this time i WANT that stamp. If our president can go, so can I!

Be happy to see any of you there.
Zach

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 2, 2016 04:36

Oh God this is killing me. Had everything set up for the weekend before but just cannot fly back to California and then out again 5 days later - oh to be rich and free! My compensation is Prince in Oakland this Friday but it's just not quite the same thing !!

Posted by: Okodub ()
Date: March 2, 2016 05:06

This si THE page to book Homes in la Habana o near in a town in front the beach. [www.alojamientosencuba.com] Check it

Date: March 2, 2016 05:22

For an AirBnB type experience, I used the Casa Particular website: [www.havanacasaparticular.com]

I will be staying in the home of a Cuban family from Mar 22 to 28, traveling Vancouver->Montreal->Havana.

You can purchase insect repellent with DEET in it and mosquito nets to sleep under which will repel mosquitoes. It is not mosquito season at the end of March & I have read there aren't a lot of mosquitoes in Havana even when it is mosquito season (Zika virus & chikungunya are carried by mosquitoes). My travel medicine expert said get a Hep A vaccine & tetanus if yours is not up-to-date. Doing this is exercising extreme caution so you can do as much or as little as you see fit.

Would love to meet up with IORR'ans smiling smiley
Wendy

Date: March 2, 2016 05:39

OK- for American's how are you justifying trip....research? ;-)

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 2, 2016 06:03

Librarian
OK- for American's how are you justifying trip....research? ;-)

I'm a freelance Periscope broadcaster under the Journalsm exception 31 C.F.R 515.563:

"a freelance journalist with a record or previous journalistic experience working on a freelance journalistic project; or broadcast or technical personnel with a record of previous broadcast or technical experience who are supporting a freelance journalist working on a freelance project."

I think you'll contest to my freelance project of broadcasting Stones concerts via Periscope - right? smiling smiley

It looks like I can have an assistant too.

I think most of you can find a way to fit under Professional Research - 31 C.F.R. 515.564:

"Professional Research and Professional Meetings. Professional research, provided that the purpose of the research directly relates to the traveler’s profession, professional background, or area of expertise, including area of graduate-level full-time study; the traveler does not engage in recreational travel, tourist travel, travel in pursuit of a hobby, or research for personal satisfaction only; and the traveler’s schedule does not include free time or recreation in excess of that consistent with a full-time schedule of professional research."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-02 08:29 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 2, 2016 06:21

Hot diggity damn! Cuba bound and down!

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: March 2, 2016 06:21

WestCoastPromotionMan
I'm in! My brother and I booked flights at 3pm central today.

Fly from Tulsa>Dallas>Cancun [buy cuban visa at airport] Arrive Havana 4pm on the 21st.

Last time I went to Cuba you still had to worry about the stamp in passport and bribing guys to not do it, this time i WANT that stamp. If our president can go, so can I!

Be happy to see any of you there.
Zach

Just curious what that flight cost and how long it takes that route? Also, do you need I visa and a passport?

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 2, 2016 06:35

Anyone know recent internet environment in Cuba ?

When I traveled in 2013, there was no mobile environment and extremely slow even with wired LAN connection.
Besides, that is not from my hotel room but a business center or an internet cafe for travelers.
I think I paid at least 5-7 CUC per hour. Not that cheap.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 2, 2016 06:51

My retirement will be reduced to eating tins of cat food by candle light but what the hell...Cuba & The Stones!

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 2, 2016 07:45

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-02 08:18 by daniel t.

Date: March 2, 2016 07:51

StonedAsia
My retirement will be reduced to eating tins of cat food by candle light but what the hell...Cuba & The Stones!

Haha - You and me both StonedAsia smileys with beer

Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show rumours
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 2, 2016 07:59

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-02 08:18 by daniel t.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home