Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102Next
Current Page: 100 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 1, 2024 21:57

Mabru
Irix

19-Apr-2024 - 2LP or 1CD - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Most useless release.
Where is the rumored boxset with unreleased albums or the Born in the USA anniversary box or even the 2nd soul cover album instead of this best of album

Oh God no. Anything but more of that!!!! I agree another GH package is a waste. I'll take that over another soul album. It was all I could do to make it thru the first one 1 time. By far the worst thing he's ever done, IMHO

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: March 2, 2024 20:43

He sold his rights to the record label, didn’t he?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 2, 2024 21:22

.......and his soul.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: March 2, 2024 21:23

MKjan
.......and his soul.

Oh please…

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: March 5, 2024 20:25

Bruce & E Street Band headlining 2024 Sea.Hear.Now festival in Asbury Park, NJ September 15th

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 5, 2024 20:27

TW2019
Bruce & E Street Band headlining 2024 Sea.Hear.Now festival in Asbury Park, NJ September 15th

And seemingly the only worthwhile act on the bill.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 5, 2024 21:13

Seems like a solid lineup to me.

Date: March 7, 2024 18:38

Pretty horrid ticketing site they used for this festival. Got all the way to payment, then they sent a credit card verification code via text. Had 5+ minutes left on my cart timer. Code didn’t come right away and when I went to go enter it, the window froze. Hit refresh and my cart timed out

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: March 11, 2024 10:03

I just looked at the vinyl track list. Sides B,C and D each seem to feature one handbrake turn after another.

I can't imagine anyone putting on these sides of music at home, sitting back and enjoying the flow. The mood lurches all over the place. I suppose 'The River' did that a little bit to be fair, but at least the sound was consistent. Human Touch into Streets of Philly into The Ghost of Tom Joad? That's a sonic rollercoaster if I ever heard one!

A 'Tattoo You' approach, with maybe a side of rockers, a side of ballads, a side (or 2)_ of epics, a side of social comment might have produced a more listenable product?

...and there's nothing from Lucky Town.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 11, 2024 14:38

A totally lazy and incomprehensible release.

For someone who’s last release was about mortality, and who apparently has lots of unreleased studio tracks in the vaults, to continuously release the same style “greatest hits” packages is a nonsense. I’m a huge fan, have 100s of Springsteen bootlegs, but this is ridiculous, and the first ever Springsteen record I will not buy.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-11 14:42 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 11, 2024 17:34

bitusa2012

For someone who’s last release was about mortality, and who apparently has lots of unreleased studio tracks in the vaults, to continuously release the same style “greatest hits” packages is a nonsense. I’m a huge fan, have 100s of Springsteen bootlegs, but this is ridiculous, and the first ever Springsteen record I will not buy.

If this is the first Springsteen record you won't buy then you've certainly bought some other poorer releases from him! You seem very angry at a release that is effectively a label release just to get something out. I never understand why people care when a Greatest Hits is released. Especially when there's no new material on it. Why does it matter? Most of us fans don't need it, so it can be blissfully ignored. Its not like the artist is promoting it. But people get so angry. Its a label release that he probably has nothing to do with. And the songs choices are literally as simple as picking the singles and ordering them how they came out. There's no "method" to the release or the tracklist or anything. Its just put out to have a product on the market. I don't know why that bothers people, specifically why they get angry at the artist about it. Its not incomprehensible in any way.

Date: March 19, 2024 10:41

Tour resumes today in Phoenix, Arizona.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: March 19, 2024 13:26

RollingFreak
bitusa2012

If this is the first Springsteen record you won't buy then you've certainly bought some other poorer releases from him! You seem very angry at a release that is effectively a label release just to get something out. I never understand why people care when a Greatest Hits is released. Especially when there's no new material on it. Why does it matter? Most of us fans don't need it, so it can be blissfully ignored. Its not like the artist is promoting it. But people get so angry. Its a label release that he probably has nothing to do with. And the songs choices are literally as simple as picking the singles and ordering them how they came out. There's no "method" to the release or the tracklist or anything. Its just put out to have a product on the market. I don't know why that bothers people, specifically why they get angry at the artist about it. Its not incomprehensible in any way.

Been thinking the same, but then again, people are strange.

Posted by: mab1888 ()
Date: March 20, 2024 08:23

I saw tonight's show in Phoenix. Bruce looked great and both him and the band sounded great. It was also the best setlist that I've heard other than when I saw him on the River tour in Tempe in 1981.

The setlist...

“Lonesome Day”
“Night”
“No Surrender”
“Two Hearts” (with snippet of “It Takes Two” by Marvin Gaye/Kim Weston)
“Darlington County”
“Ghosts”
“Prove it All Night”
“Darkness on the Edge of Town”
“Letter to You”
“The Promised Land”
“Spirit in the Night”
“Don’t Play That Song (You Lied)” (Ben E. King cover)
“Night Shift” (Commodores cover)
“Mary’s Place”
“Last Man Standing”
“Backstreets”
“Because the Night”
“She’s the One”
“Wrecking Ball”
“The Rising”
“Badlands”
“Thunder Road”

Encore:

“Born to Run”
“Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)”
“Glory Days”
“Dancing in the Dark”
“Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out”
“Twist and Shout” (The Top Notes/Isley Brothers/Beatles cover by sign request)
“I’ll See You in My Dreams”

If you get a chance to see him, go. I know his tickets are a bit pricey, but well worth it

He played for 2:45

It's also the only concert I've ever seen that started EXACTLY on time.

Date: March 20, 2024 10:09

Twist and Shout was an audience sign request.

Darlington County was an audible, not on the original setlist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-20 10:12 by Topi.

Date: March 22, 2024 11:32

Bruce on E Street Radio:

"I think we're approaching it like it's a new tour. There will be some things from last year's tour that will hold over, some of those basic themes of mortality and life. Those things are gonna keep set, but I think I'm going to move around the other parts of the set a lot more. There will be a much wider song selection going on. So we look at it like it's a little bit of the old tour but looking at it like a new tour."

Date: March 22, 2024 13:01

Curious does anyone have any of the blu-spec CD versions of his albums or the mobile fidelity version of Asbury? If so, how’s the sound quality compare to the originals?

Date: March 22, 2024 13:49

VERY nice to hear he will change the set “a lot more”. How many times I go in 2024 will depend on how much he changes it up. Saw 6 shows last year. MetLife 3 being the most diverse and it was great. The soul covers part can go. Momentum killer

Date: March 22, 2024 14:55

Personally I was looking forward to that setlist from last year! Bummed the show was postponed but we shall see - coming up very soon here!!!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 22, 2024 17:39

TW2019
VERY nice to hear he will change the set “a lot more”. How many times I go in 2024 will depend on how much he changes it up. Saw 6 shows last year. MetLife 3 being the most diverse and it was great. The soul covers part can go. Momentum killer

I saw what I think was the only show on last tour without the soul covers. They weren't missed. We go "Trapped" instead which I'll take any time.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 22, 2024 17:43

Yes, the soul covers section is the P-break for most.

Date: March 22, 2024 18:57

crholmstrom
TW2019

I saw what I think was the only show on last tour without the soul covers. They weren't missed. We go "Trapped" instead which I'll take any time.

"Nightshift" was only omitted when Curtis King Jr. was ill. It happened twice. You caught a break there. winking smiley

As far as "Trapped" goes, 27 shows in all-time I'm still chasing that one. Hope to get it at one of my three shows this summer (Helsinki + Stockholm 2x)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-22 19:00 by Topi.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 22, 2024 19:01

Topi
crholmstrom
TW2019

"Nightshift" was only omitted when Curtis King Jr. was ill. It happened twice. You caught a break there. winking smiley

As far as "Trapped" goes, 27 shows in all-time I'm still chasing that one. Hope to get it at one of my three shows this summer (Helsinki + Stockholm 2x)

My first show (Wembley '81) was the night he debuted it. I doubt anyone in the audience knew what it was. An unforgettable moment.

Date: March 22, 2024 19:59

Gazza
Topi
crholmstrom
TW2019

My first show (Wembley '81) was the night he debuted it. I doubt anyone in the audience knew what it was. An unforgettable moment.

The first time he did it was the No Nukes concert I think.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 22, 2024 20:39

crholmstrom
Gazza
Topi
crholmstrom
TW2019

I don't think he played it there. At least it's not on the release and it wasn't played according to setlist.fm

[www.setlist.fm]

The river debuted at the No Nukes concert. Best Live Version I've heard of that Song.

Date: March 22, 2024 21:22

hockenheim95
crholmstrom
Gazza
Topi
crholmstrom
TW2019

I don't think he played it there. At least it's not on the release and it wasn't played according to setlist.fm

[www.setlist.fm]

The river debuted at the No Nukes concert. Best Live Version I've heard of that Song.

My mistake smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 23, 2024 03:26

crholmstrom
Gazza
Topi
crholmstrom
TW2019

No, it was 29th May 1981. 100%. He learned the song after buying a Jimmy Cliff cassette at Amsterdam airport before flying to the UK, worked up an arrangement and debuted it at his first London show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-23 03:27 by Gazza.

Date: March 23, 2024 08:53

Vegas got "Roll of the Dice" and "Viva Las Vegas" last night in a 28-song set.

"Racing in the Street" as well, only the second time this tour.

Date: March 23, 2024 15:08

Roll of the dice, racing, hungry heart, viva all solid changes. Those 3 song stretches of Don’t Play That Song-Nightshift-Mary’s Place then She’s The One-Wrecking Ball-The Rising need some swaps

Date: March 23, 2024 19:00

Always appreciated that he mixes in solo stuff too

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102Next
Current Page: 100 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home