Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: RnT ()
Date: June 12, 2023 18:57

In the reviews many complaints about the so called 'Dutch disease'. Lots of people hardly paying attention to the artist. Talking and boozing instead and thereby spoiling the concert for the people who DO want to listen to the music. Happened in the Arena as well though the sound there was so bad that it hardly mattered. Modern times I guess.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 12, 2023 19:16

RnT
In the reviews many complaints about the so called 'Dutch disease'. Lots of people hardly paying attention to the artist. Talking and boozing instead and thereby spoiling the concert for the people who DO want to listen to the music. Happened in the Arena as well though the sound there was so bad that it hardly mattered. Modern times I guess.

Sad indeed. You guys are probably tired of me talking about Pearl Jam, but here I go again. When I saw them in Nashville last year, they had strict anti-scalping measures. I swear throughout most of the 2+ hour show everyone was standing up having a great time, even in the nose bleeds. Does the artist care more about money or creating a great experience for true fans? Most seem to care about money, first and foremost, and the results speak for themselves.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: June 12, 2023 20:46

TheBluesHadaBaby
Today Springsteen's DC Nationals Park Monday Aug. 28 show got postponed a month, to Friday September 29. No word on why.

Unless there are more changes this will make DC the last show of the Eastern half of the U.S. stadium leg. Then there's a break until Nov 3, when Canada gets 8 concerts in enclosed stadiums or arenas. Followed by 5 shows on the U.S west coast and west, which will finish off the long year of touring.

When the tickets for the DC stadium concert went on sale for the originally scheduled date I didn't get a Verified Fan invite, and settled for a field seat, no standard price pit ("general admission") tix being left.

I just now bought Sep. 29 concert pit for the standard price: $370 including fees. I'll get a refund on my field seat, which had also been $370. This will be my 7th Springsteen concert, going back to 1978, and will be my first time in the pit for one.

I’ve considered an East Coast trip towards end of August and checked out that date a few times on TM, as I’ve noticed ticket sales were slow.

Speculation I’ve read at BTX is they simply moved the date to a Friday night (from a Monday/weeknight) a few weeks after the Philly-Boston-NYC/Jersey dates thinking it might spur better ticket sales. (Makes sense since they extended that leg of the tour for those make-up dates from the spring.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-12 20:59 by jmd.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 12, 2023 21:38

NashvilleBlues
RnT

Does the artist care more about money or creating a great experience for true fans? Most seem to care about money, first and foremost, and the results speak for themselves.

What has that to do with a chatty audience? The band probably didn’t even notice in this outside venue.

Date: June 13, 2023 00:25

Koen
NashvilleBlues
RnT

Does the artist care more about money or creating a great experience for true fans? Most seem to care about money, first and foremost, and the results speak for themselves.

What has that to do with a chatty audience? The band probably didn’t even notice in this outside venue.

It has everything to do with it. If you were a huge fan of a band, and the band was giving an electrifying performance, you wouldn’t be talking. Some people just buy tickets to take a date or hang out. Those people aren’t going to be as engaged. If you ensure mostly hard-core fans go to your shows, you won’t have that. And my comment was about fan experience, not the band’s experience. I think that’s pretty easy to understand.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 13, 2023 11:15

RnT

I was there with my son, and all around me people were completely into the music.
No one was chatting, all singing and dancing and having lots of fun.
I guess these problems arise more in the back of the field, where people can only see
video screens. The main problem might be that shows in front of more than 15.000 fans
are just too big.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 13, 2023 21:57

NashvilleBlues
Koen
NashvilleBlues
RnT

It has everything to do with it. If you were a huge fan of a band, and the band was giving an electrifying performance, you wouldn’t be talking. Some people just buy tickets to take a date or hang out. Those people aren’t going to be as engaged. If you ensure mostly hard-core fans go to your shows, you won’t have that. And my comment was about fan experience, not the band’s experience. I think that’s pretty easy to understand.

You can't necessarily fill a stadium with hardcore fans. The Cure took control of ticket sales and it was the same thing. Blah blah blah all night. Bruce has loads more hits and iconic songs than Pearl Jam. Completely different scenario.

And it's hard to pretend like it's about anything but the money for Bruce. It's not like he is going to play smaller places and have some sort of a test for tickets.

Date: June 13, 2023 22:08

Dan
NashvilleBlues
Koen
NashvilleBlues
RnT

You can't necessarily fill a stadium with hardcore fans. The Cure took control of ticket sales and it was the same thing. Blah blah blah all night. Bruce has loads more hits and iconic songs than Pearl Jam. Completely different scenario.

And it's hard to pretend like it's about anything but the money for Bruce. It's not like he is going to play smaller places and have some sort of a test for tickets.

Who said anything about a stadium? If you care about the fan experience, you play an arena or smaller. And I totally agree about Bruce these days.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: June 13, 2023 22:50

Are there any recordings out there of the first Amsterdam show ?

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: June 13, 2023 23:30

NashvilleBlues
Dan
NashvilleBlues
Koen
NashvilleBlues
RnT

Who said anything about a stadium? If you care about the fan experience, you play an arena or smaller. And I totally agree about Bruce these days.

Well the first part of his tour was in arenas, usually is. So I guess all of these artists/band playing stadiums don’t care about the fans…

Date: June 13, 2023 23:46

^ I stick by what I said. If bands cared more about the fan experience, you would be able to tell. Fan experiences are usually better in smaller places. The stadium show is a cash grab. It’s obvious for most. The Ryman vs Nissan Stadium? No contest.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 14, 2023 00:11

NashvilleBlues
^ I stick by what I said. If bands cared more about the fan experience, you would be able to tell. Fan experiences are usually better in smaller places. The stadium show is a cash grab. It’s obvious for most. The Ryman vs Nissan Stadium? No contest.

Acts can't necessarily control the fans. See Aaron Lewis.

Sometimes only a stadium can accommodate the fan base.

I have fun at stadiums and arenas too.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 14, 2023 01:08

rolling1us

Yes

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 14, 2023 07:24

Zurich setlist last night

SETLIST 2023-06-13 Letzigrund, Zurich!

1. My Love Will Not Let You Down
2. No Surrender
3. Ghosts
4. Prove it All Night
5. Letter to You
6. Promised Land
7.out in the street.
8.Working on the highway
9.Darlingron county
10.Kitty s back.
11.Nightshift
12.Mary,s place.
13 MY HOMETOWN
14 Last man Standing
15.Backstreets
16 Because the night
17 She,s the one.
18.Wrecking ball.
19.The Rising
20.Badlands.
21.Thunder road.

22Born In the usa
23.Born to Run
24.Bobby Jean.
25.Glory days..
26.Dancing in the dark.
27Tenth avenue.
28.I,ll see you in my dreams.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 14, 2023 10:59

Topi
Zurich setlist last night

SETLIST 2023-06-13 Letzigrund, Zurich!

1. My Love Will Not Let You Down
2. No Surrender
3. Ghosts
4. Prove it All Night
5. Letter to You
6. Promised Land
7.out in the street.
8.Working on the highway
9.Darlingron county
10.Kitty s back.
11.Nightshift
12.Mary,s place.
13 MY HOMETOWN
14 Last man Standing
15.Backstreets
16 Because the night
17 She,s the one.
18.Wrecking ball.
19.The Rising
20.Badlands.
21.Thunder road.

22Born In the usa
23.Born to Run
24.Bobby Jean.
25.Glory days..
26.Dancing in the dark.
27Tenth avenue.
28.I,ll see you in my dreams.

Think that's 6 from Born in the USA? First album i ever bought, age 10, in 1984 (alongside borrowed copy of Rolled Gold from my brother)

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: June 14, 2023 11:30

8 from BITUSA

Date: June 14, 2023 11:58

bobo
rolling1us

Yes

Any change of someone sharing it here or point me in the right direction ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 14, 2023 13:56

rolling1us
bobo
rolling1us

Yes

All the shows are officially released within a few days

[www.nugs.net]

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 14, 2023 14:42

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 14, 2023 15:33

It was packed in the stadium yesterday in Zürich. About "My Hometown" - apparently there were many cardboards in the audience mentioning this song. He mentioned it, that there were a lot of signs, and then... "here we go, this is "My Hometown".
Indeed, in the end 8 songs from the Born in the USA album. But overall it was a great show, with a huge extended E-street Band.

sjouke

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 14, 2023 15:33

It was packed in the stadium yesterday in Zürich. About "My Hometown" - apparently there were many cardboards in the audience mentioning this song. He mentioned it, that there were a lot of signs, and then... "here we go, this is "My Hometown".
Indeed, in the end 8 songs from the Born in the USA album. But overall it was a great show, with a huge extended E-street Band.

sjouke

Date: June 14, 2023 15:34

Funny, almost a sign request song, even though he didn't actually pick up the sign.

No idea whether it was a true audible or actually setlisted.

Date: June 14, 2023 15:38

Bjorn

and counting. winking smiley

Really there were 8 songs from BITUSA:

-No Surrender
-Working on the Highway
-Darlington County
-My Hometown
-BITUSA
-Bobby Jean
-Glory Days
-DITD

8 out of 12, not bad. On the Wrecking Ball tour he played the full album from start to finish six times. I missed that one, but got "Born to Run" and "Darkness on the Edge of Town" in their entirety. Darkness twice, actually, first in Stockholm and then in London.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-14 15:44 by Topi.

Date: June 14, 2023 18:19

Gazza
rolling1us
bobo
rolling1us

Yes

All the shows are officially released within a few days

[www.nugs.net]

Ok, Thanks

Date: June 15, 2023 00:48

Topi
Funny, almost a sign request song, even though he didn't actually pick up the sign.

No idea whether it was a true audible or actually setlisted.

Printed setlist had 27 songs. It wasn't on it. Neither was Darlington County for that matter.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 15, 2023 02:15

Topi
On the Wrecking Ball tour he played the full album from start to finish six times.

I was at one of the BITUSA full album revisited shows — Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London, June 30, 2013. That was a pleasant surprise.

How many times did Bruce play the Born To Run and Darkness albums in their entirety on the Wrecking Ball tour?

Date: June 15, 2023 03:18

RisingStone
Topi
On the Wrecking Ball tour he played the full album from start to finish six times.

I was at one of the BITUSA full album revisited shows — Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London, June 30, 2013. That was a pleasant surprise.

How many times did Bruce play the Born To Run and Darkness albums in their entirety on the Wrecking Ball tour?

[brucebase.wikidot.com]

Born to Run - 6 (plus 2 in Aus/NZ in 2014)
Darkness - 3 (plus 1 in 2014)
BITUSA - 7 (plus 2 in 2014)

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 15, 2023 03:24

Ahh, thanks!

Date: June 15, 2023 07:04

Oh, it was 7 times BITUSA, thanks Gazza.

Posted by: BOW2007 ()
Date: June 15, 2023 09:53

In 2009 (Working on a Dream Tour) Bruce did different albums from start to finish.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home