Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Top 5 Stones Albums Discussion/Debate
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 8, 2015 22:53

I like this one too, i wonder what its about ?

We scorch the earth
For all it's worth
Last night
You in ecstasy
Now you don't remember me

It's runnin' too deep
It's runnin' too deep for me

The sirens and the curfews
Through the night
Everybody's locked up tight
What's going on
It's been dark for much too long

It's runnin' too deep
Runnin' too deep
Runnin' too deep for me

If heaven looses face
What will take its place

We've torn the treasure from the land
Watched it turn to ashes in our hands

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 8, 2015 22:54

keefriffhards
His Majesty
keefriffhards

Its the meaning behind the lyrics, they mean something to me, i frequently step outside of space time and connect to other dimensions. This reminds me of that.
Its not just the lyric is it, its meshed and coupled with Mick Taylor's melodic Guitar. Can one of you guys show me a better lyric about the ravages and inevitability of time

If it works for you, it works for you. thumbs up

The music and delivery is beautiful, the lyrics are just, erk.

As for better lyric......

There's no time to lose", I heard her say
Catch your dreams before they slip away
Dying all the time
Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind
Ain't life unkind?

smileys with beer

Oh yeah now your talking smiling smiley
I believe Keith wrote that one

yeah those are good lyrics...

to be clear, i totally subscribe to His Majesty's view of "if it works for you, it works for you". i don't think there is an absolute "right" or "wrong" with musical taste. the context matters - how old you were, what was going through your life, what else you were listening to, etc. when you first heard the song.

my musical tastes were pretty developed by the time i heard "goats head soup". i had much higher standards than when i first heard "tattoo you". if it had happened in reverse order, perhaps i'd feel very differently about the albums. either way, dirty work stinks. :-P

Date: October 8, 2015 22:57

Turner68
keefriffhards
His Majesty
keefriffhards

Its the meaning behind the lyrics, they mean something to me, i frequently step outside of space time and connect to other dimensions. This reminds me of that.
Its not just the lyric is it, its meshed and coupled with Mick Taylor's melodic Guitar. Can one of you guys show me a better lyric about the ravages and inevitability of time

Dying all the time
Ain't life unkind?

smileys with beer

to be clear, i totally subscribe to His Majesty's view of "if it works for you, it works for you". i don't think there is an absolute "right" or "wrong" with musical taste. the context matters - how old you were, what was going through your life, what else you were listening to, etc. when you first heard the song.

my musical tastes were pretty developed by the time i heard "goats head soup". i had much higher standards than when i first heard "tattoo you". if it had happened in reverse order, perhaps i'd feel very differently about the albums. either way, dirty work stinks. :-P

Ok dirty work stinks, now lets move on, there is so much to talk about and so little time to say it.
I tell you what Turner beggers and let it bleed are better albums with better songs on them, but i go with what moves me, tattoo you was my first studio album i got from the Stones and it blew me away so i voted it 3rd out of an emotional response, Gimme Shelter is the best song ever written, i realise how good let it bleed is and what it means to you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-08 23:04 by keefriffhards.

Date: October 8, 2015 22:59

keefriffhards
Turner68
keefriffhards
His Majesty
keefriffhards

Dying all the time
Ain't life unkind?

smileys with beer

Ok dirty work stinks, now lets move on, there is so much to talk about and so little time to say it.

i'm interested in knowing why you find beggar's banquet to be dated... it sounds as fresh as cross-eyed heart to me in many ways.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:03

With TWFNO, I think the intent is clear, the music reflects it and has emotional wheight, but the lyrics, outside of the chorus, don't quite seem to meet the brief. It tries too hard to be rather than just being.

The time angle was perfectly stated and conveyed in one verse of Ruby Tuesday.

smileys with beer

Date: October 8, 2015 23:09

His Majesty
With TWFNO, I think the intent is clear, the music reflects it and has emotional wheight, but the lyrics, outside of the chorus, don't quite seem to meet the brief. It tries too hard to be rather than just being.

The time angle was perfectly stated and conveyed in one verse of Ruby Tuesday.

smileys with beer

in fact, if you play the two songs next to one another, the difference in quality is huge across the board and in all aspects, save for the lead guitar solo, the best thing about TWFNO

Date: October 8, 2015 23:15

Turner68
keefriffhards
Turner68
keefriffhards
His Majesty
keefriffhards

Dying all the time
Ain't life unkind?

smileys with beer

i'm interested in knowing why you find beggar's banquet to be dated... it sounds as fresh as cross-eyed heart to me in many ways.

I did explain above. I think its a bit dated to me because i am younger than you. Its the same reason i like steel wheels and undercover etc.
Its just an age gap, some songs on beggers banquette sound slightly dated to me know. I feel that you are genuinely put out by my listings of favourite albums
The fact is i love them all in different ways, every thing the Stones did from the 60's 70's was incredible, i just think we all get frustrated that they cant keep it up.
We expect so much from them, its like it drives us mad, but hardly any artists keep the inspiration going that long. The drugs that were influencing their music would have killed them had they continued to use. It had to come to an end. But hey Keiths back, hopefully he's got more to come !!

Date: October 8, 2015 23:46

keefriffhards

The fact is i love them all in different ways, every thing the Stones did from the 60's 70's was incredible, i just think we all get frustrated that they cant keep it up.

For 20 years they kept up an energy level above nearly every band in the world.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 9, 2015 00:33

His Majesty

For 20 years they kept up an energy level above nearly every band in the world.

Agreed. They weren't bad pre-Voodoo Lounge, either.

Olly.

Date: October 9, 2015 00:35

grinning smiley

Date: October 9, 2015 01:15

Heh. tongue sticking out smileygrinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home