Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith interviewed on Marc Maron's WTF podcast
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 21, 2015 16:37

Re: Keith interviewed on Marc Maron's WTF podcast
Posted by: thatbird ()
Date: September 21, 2015 17:45

starts at 16 minute mark

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: September 21, 2015 21:08

Good interview. I like that he asks about Wyman and MT. Interesting.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 21, 2015 21:39

Maron is good, as usual, though a bit gobsmacked by Keith's presence.
For a guy who doesn't much follow the band live, he knew enough about the music
to ask some pertinent questions, with a slightly different slant than other interviewers.

He even smoked a cig with Keith, chancing resuming the habit he gave up a while back.
Well, it goes along with the last ep of his TV show...as Marc Maron's fans know.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: September 21, 2015 21:52

For the fans is the download here
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: September 21, 2015 22:22

Maron earlier podcasts with Mick and Keith about Sticky are also nice

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: September 21, 2015 22:46

Rik
Maron earlier podcasts with Mick and Keith about Sticky are also nice

I have the phonecalls

Date: September 21, 2015 23:12

angee
Maron is good, as usual, though a bit gobsmacked by Keith's presence.
For a guy who doesn't much follow the band live, he knew enough about the music
to ask some pertinent questions, with a slightly different slant than other interviewers.

He even smoked a cig with Keith, chancing resuming the habit he gave up a while back.
Well, it goes along with the last ep of his TV show...as Marc Maron's fans know.
I can't believe Marc actually lit up, but I suppose if you're going to break a 10 year streak, Keith would be as good a reason as any. Hopefully he stays on the horse after that lapse.

Marc was ridiculously giddy throughout...it was quite amusing. Still a great interview though.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 21, 2015 23:20

I have no idea who Marc Maron is. smoking smiley

Date: September 21, 2015 23:42

Koen
I have no idea who Marc Maron is. smoking smiley
He's a standup comedian who's been fairly popular in the States for over 25 years. He started an acclaimed podcast called WTF a few years ago and has recorded over 600 episodes with some of the biggest names in music, movies and politics (he had Obama on a few months ago and made national headlines).

You should at least check out his Keith interview - it's great.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 21, 2015 23:50

ok so I listened to the WTF interview, then I listened after that to the 2010 interview with Terry Gross, Keith promoting 'Life"..

Marc Maron is an ideal interviewer for Keith..

good job he did covering a lot of history, especially getting Keith talking about Jimmy Miller, and his parents..

but Terry Gross, who is a great interviewer, seemed to annoy him a little..

interesting comparison, to me anyway..

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:02

That was fantastic. The best interview with Keith in a long time. A few repeats of oft told tales, but some new stuff too. Maron's questions were coming so fast, and he was surprisingly well informed ala Stones history, that it was hard for Keith to put his guard up.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:09

I think Keith really didn't want dude to smoke again. I thought I heard "why don't you try an see if you can resist." Made me think he doesn't like being a bad role model, I know... gasp.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:16

You were in the RAF in 1956 ........ HHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:36

I had a couple of good trips and a couple of bad ones .....HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: September 22, 2015 01:50

Librarian
I think Keith really didn't want dude to smoke again. I thought I heard "why don't you try an see if you can resist." Made me think he doesn't like being a bad role model, I know... gasp.
Marc is also a recovering alcoholic and was a major cokehead...he got sucked into Sam Kinison's inner circle in LA in the '80s, which will give you some idea of how bad his coke addiction got.

It's an ongoing theme of his podcast.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 22, 2015 04:35

duke richardson
ok so I listened to the WTF interview, then I listened after that to the 2010 interview with Terry Gross, Keith promoting 'Life"..

Marc Maron is an ideal interviewer for Keith..

good job he did covering a lot of history, especially getting Keith talking about Jimmy Miller, and his parents..

but Terry Gross, who is a great interviewer, seemed to annoy him a little..

interesting comparison, to me anyway..

Exactly, duke. Marc and Terry have interviewed each other, which has been interesting, especially when he asked her questions. He got more info out of her than just about anyone in the public knew before.

Terry did seem to annoy Keith, by focusing on the possible sexism in a few of the band's lyrics, and another topic I can't quite remember now. :-) She is one of the best in the business, if not the best, and so is he, each with their own styles.

Keith concluded his time with Marc by saying, "You're one of the fun ones," meaning a fun interviewer, I think.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 22, 2015 11:50

Librarian

I thought Maron was a little dopey, but Keith did say some interesting stuff. I'd read that Brian's asthma made him absent for weeks on tours making Keith do double duty on guitar, but this is the first I learned Brian would check out of the hospital after one day and screw groupies while Keith assumed he was still a patient.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 22, 2015 13:50

That was the best Keith interview so far and you could tell keith loved it
I thought keith lit up a different sort of cigarette lol

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 22, 2015 15:40

Great thanks.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 22, 2015 16:01

the WTF interview with Keith shows how different, way different, Keith is with interviewers he likes, than Mick is.

Date: September 22, 2015 16:25

Librarian
I didn't get that vibe...it sounded more like Keith was daring him to light up.

Kinda evil on Keith's part, but that's why we love him. Marc is a bit of a health freak now so I'm sure he'll stay off the cigs.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 22, 2015 20:37

keefriff99
Librarian
I didn't get that vibe...it sounded more like Keith was daring him to light up.

Kinda evil on Keith's part, but that's why we love him. Marc is a bit of a health freak now so I'm sure he'll stay off the cigs.

Come on guys it was just a cigarette

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 22, 2015 21:35

Indeed that was a fun interview with Keith, very relaxed and down to earth. Thanks keefriff99.

I did notice that Keith confirmed he still owns his house in Ocho Rios Jamaica, some have reported here that he got rid of it. I do recall reading somewhere that due to violence and some other factors in that country that Patti has somewhat lost interest in it. Sad to hear that a lot of the Wingless Angels have passed away.

Great that he gives a nod to Jimmy Miller concerning the great new direction they took with Beggar's Banquet.

You do get the feeling he hasn't seen or talked to Taylor since they toured together.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: September 22, 2015 22:03

It was a great interview.

I found this comment from Keith interesting:

The last thing that Ian Stewart told me, and this was just before he died, he said, "Don't forget Keith, that Johnnie Johnson is alive and playing."

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 22, 2015 23:43

Librarian

Naw, he probably just didn't want to subject himself to the guys second hand smoke. Only the pure stuff for Keith. lol grinning smiley

Date: September 23, 2015 00:00

Naturalust
Indeed that was a fun interview with Keith, very relaxed and down to earth. Thanks keefriff99.

I did notice that Keith confirmed he still owns his house in Ocho Rios Jamaica, some have reported here that he got rid of it. I do recall reading somewhere that due to violence and some other factors in that country that Patti has somewhat lost interest in it. Sad to hear that a lot of the Wingless Angels have passed away.

Great that he gives a nod to Jimmy Miller concerning the great new direction they took with Beggar's Banquet.

You do get the feeling he hasn't seen or talked to Taylor since they toured together.

Didn't Marlon take over Point Of View?

Date: September 23, 2015 00:06

Reagan

The last thing that Ian Stewart told me, and this was just before he died, he said, "Don't forget Keith, that Johnnie Johnson is alive and playing."
Just read that Johnson was supporting himself as a bus driver at the time of Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll. A real shame for such a talent.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 00:07

keefriff99
Reagan

Just read that Johnson was supporting himself as a bus driver at the time of Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll. A real shame for such a talent.

In his speech at his induction in the Rock N Roll hall of fame, Johnnie Johnson goes into this and credits keith Richards with turning his career around. he says something like "god bless keith richards"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 00:23 by Turner68.

Date: September 23, 2015 00:21

Turner68
keefriff99
Reagan

In his speech at his induction in the Rock N Roll hall of fame, Jimmie Johnson goes into this and credits keith Richards with turning his career around. he says something like "god bless keith richards"

Sweet. What did Johnnie Johnson say? winking smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home