Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith interviewed on Marc Maron's WTF podcast
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 00:23

edited... thanks.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 00:44

Naturalust
Indeed that was a fun interview with Keith, very relaxed and down to earth. Thanks keefriff99.

I did notice that Keith confirmed he still owns his house in Ocho Rios Jamaica, some have reported here that he got rid of it. I do recall reading somewhere that due to violence and some other factors in that country that Patti has somewhat lost interest in it. Sad to hear that a lot of the Wingless Angels have passed away.

Great that he gives a nod to Jimmy Miller concerning the great new direction they took with Beggar's Banquet.

You do get the feeling he hasn't seen or talked to Taylor since they toured together.

Naturalist I'm listening to this now I agree the Jimmy Miller mention is a big deal. "I can put it in two words - Jimmy Miller... Jimmy Miller was the key in tightening the band up and refocusing". Wow!

I think we all suspected that something was down to Jimmy - since he appeared with Beggar's Banquet and that that is when the shift began. But this is one of times where I think he is most explicitly credited with the transformation

another great line is about his mother, as she is dying, he visits her and she says "Keith, this morphine isn't bad, is it?"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 01:01 by Turner68.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 23, 2015 01:47

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
Indeed that was a fun interview with Keith, very relaxed and down to earth. Thanks keefriff99.

I did notice that Keith confirmed he still owns his house in Ocho Rios Jamaica, some have reported here that he got rid of it. I do recall reading somewhere that due to violence and some other factors in that country that Patti has somewhat lost interest in it. Sad to hear that a lot of the Wingless Angels have passed away.

Great that he gives a nod to Jimmy Miller concerning the great new direction they took with Beggar's Banquet.

You do get the feeling he hasn't seen or talked to Taylor since they toured together.

Didn't Marlon take over Point Of View?

Couldn't tell you the answer to that but Keith did indicate he still "had" it. Not even sure if Marlon still lives in West Wittering England. I imagine any of Keith's properties are open to his family, perhaps he's signed the deed over to that one. Don't think he's been there in a while in any case.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home