Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 31, 2016 07:37

So, after 1650 posts and 55 pages this is what we know for sure: There might be and there might not be a new Rolling Stones album during 2016?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 31, 2016 08:12

We know a new album was started in December. We know they intend to head back to the studio to finish it in late Spring. The rest is up to health and chance like always. Anything else is whether you believe the source.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 31, 2016 10:13

Rocky Dijon
Hi Jeroen,

Band 2 is the jazz project Tim Ries, Bernard, Darryl, and Charlie play in with other musicians. The members are in flux somewhat. They've played several shows along the road on both ZIP CODE and OLE tour dates.

And no, Steinschlag, I don't believe I ever called Willie Dixon's grandson a liar. Nice command of logic to reach that conclusion.

Ok,Rocky Thanks. i thought so, as i knew they played live. i just have never read Charlies comment to start recording with this band.
Jeroen

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 31, 2016 13:40

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
buenosairesstones
a person in this forum talk that the Stones were recording a disc back to the roots .
Nobody believed him

Who's that guy?!

Not a guy, but a girl: It's in this very thread

That "information" coincided with a story on this bullshit website - [en.mediamass.net]

The link above is the same one posted at the time. They've just changed some dates.

Those same lowbrows are also responsible for a lot of death hoaxes.

Date: March 31, 2016 14:52

bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
buenosairesstones
a person in this forum talk that the Stones were recording a disc back to the roots .
Nobody believed him

Who's that guy?!

Not a guy, but a girl: It's in this very thread

That "information" coincided with a story on this bullshit website - [en.mediamass.net]

The link above is the same one posted at the time. They've just changed some dates.

Those same lowbrows are also responsible for a lot of death hoaxes.

I'm pretty sure Cocaine Eyes' info came straight from the horse's mouth. She couldn't say that here, of course..

Date: March 31, 2016 15:55

I'm pretty sure that horse was Media Mass. ;-)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2016 17:02

bye bye johnny
I'm pretty sure that horse was Media Mass. ;-)
Indeed that's the conclusion that anyone would have come to, actually her also ex-insider friend (whose name escapes me right now but is also "gone" from the forum) had pointed out that Media Mass link to her. She was always trying to get "credit"...like for the Trabendo 2012, the LA 2013 show, etc...a bit sad, I suppose she thought that being an ex-insider (still in touch with Jane Rose apparently) she was expected to come up with the goods.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-31 23:04 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 31, 2016 17:13

It's baffling that people, because of their egos, not only refuse to believe info that people like Cocaine Eyes, Steinschlag and others have come up with – but also are mocking people who believe them.

I'm looking forward to highlighting the rude comments here if the Stones indeed releases a back to roots-album, partly recorded at 2120 Michigan Avenue smoking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 31, 2016 17:31

DandelionPowderman
It's baffling that people, because of their egos, not only refuse to believe info that people like Cocaine Eyes, Steinschlag and others have come up with – but also are mocking people who believe them.

I'm looking forward to highlighting the rude comments here if the Stones indeed releases a back to roots-album, partly recorded at 2120 Michigan Avenue smoking smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 31, 2016 17:45

It is not really that baffling that people are skeptical over internet posts from people who claim to have inside information about what the Stones plan to do is it, although I will admit that it is slightly not nice to mock people who believe every scrap of supposed info that is posted by people who think that if they write enough times that the Stones are going to record and release a new album they will help it happen.

Personally, I do not believe that they plan that far ahead. I think that they look at things more like: OK let's try recording a few new tracks and see where that goes. I do not think that Mick Jagger himself knows today whether the Stones will release a new album. Although nobody with supposed inside info told me that.

Date: March 31, 2016 17:55

Rokyfan
It is not really that baffling that people are skeptical over internet posts from people who claim to have inside information about what the Stones plan to do is it, although I will admit that it is slightly not nice to mock people who believe every scrap of supposed info that is posted by people who think that if they write enough times that the Stones are going to record and release a new album they will help it happen.

Personally, I do not believe that they plan that far ahead. I think that they look at things more like: OK let's try recording a few new tracks and see where that goes. I do not think that Mick Jagger himself knows today whether the Stones will release a new album. Although nobody with supposed inside info told me that.

This happens to be a poster I know very well – someone I know visited Willie Dixon's grandson and talked to him for more than an hour. He was given detailed insight into how they worked during the sessions etc. I have no reason whatsoever not to believe him. Yesterday another poster got the same info from his source.

I'm not saying that it will happen like this. They might change their minds about the album concept etc (not unlikely at all), but the info is good.

I refuse to be called brainless because I believe info from a friend is valid.

Date: March 31, 2016 18:46

Steinschlag
Rocky Dijon
You guys do know that 2120 South Michigan Avenue is now The Willie Dixon Blues Heaven Foundation, right? Yes, Willie's grandson conducts tours and concerts are held there. There is no longer a recording studio there. This is no different than the Olympic Studios rumor last year until someone pointed out Olympic Studios now showcases concerts but has no recording facility and it turned out the Stones were at a different London studio altogether.

So, you are actually calling Keith Dixon a liar? He said personally into my face that the Stones were there to record - why should I not believe him?

Of course, it is more a museum now, but that doesn`t mean you cannot record there anymore. All you have to do is unroll some cables, set up a few microphones, plug in your amps and start playing - that`s it thumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 31, 2016 19:47

Dandy, it's not about ego. I pointed out 2120 S. Michigan Avenue is not a recording studio any longer. That is fact according to the website run by Willie Dixon's family. This sounded like the same rumor in December that the Stones were recording at Olympic Studios again - which also isn't a recording studio any longer.

If the story is true, I don't see the point of the band turning up at a blues museum to cut tracks with laptops and ProTools just because it was the site of an historic studio where they and their influences used to record. Sorry if that sounds mocking. To me, it was valid to question it. I said I was a Doubting Thomas in another thread and meant it. Last bit I would question is if they did actually do this for sentimental rather than practical reasons, isn't it unwise of Willie's grandson to be telling people and for those same people to name him as the source?

Date: March 31, 2016 19:59

This one wasn't directed at you, Rocky. One believes a story or not - fair enough. No offense taken. I should have been more clear, but I'm sick and tired of arguing with egos.

The Stones can put up "real" equipment where they want, though, and it would make a nice documentary, too, capturing this on film.

Let's see how they do this. Will be exciting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-31 20:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: March 31, 2016 21:36

let's hope Keith Dixon is a little more reliable that Willie's grandson Omar

OMAR

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 31, 2016 21:43

Someone else claims the same thing here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: March 31, 2016 22:57

Rocky Dijon
Dandy, it's not about ego. I pointed out 2120 S. Michigan Avenue is not a recording studio any longer. That is fact according to the website run by Willie Dixon's family. This sounded like the same rumor in December that the Stones were recording at Olympic Studios again - which also isn't a recording studio any longer.

If the story is true, I don't see the point of the band turning up at a blues museum to cut tracks with laptops and ProTools just because it was the site of an historic studio where they and their influences used to record. Sorry if that sounds mocking. To me, it was valid to question it. I said I was a Doubting Thomas in another thread and meant it. Last bit I would question is if they did actually do this for sentimental rather than practical reasons, isn't it unwise of Willie's grandson to be telling people and for those same people to name him as the source?

Rocky, I absolutely get your point.... I probably wouldn`t believe this story if I hadn`t seen or heard it myself.

Also, I didn`t want to cause any trouble in here - I was hoping people would be happy to hear that there is action going on out of public focus and that it takes coincidence to hear about these things. Naming the source - okay, maybe that one was a step too far - maybe I shouldn`t have done this - but I wanted to point out that not the neighbour`s friend who once went to school with somebody who knows another guy that bla bla bla mentioned it - it was the tour guide himself. And it didn`t seem to be a secret involved as there was a party of 5 people at that particular tour - so no inside information or anything like that - it was people asking questions and these questions were being answered in a nice and very friendly atmosphere.

I was not able to find out what the Stones actually did in there - whether they were just jamming around recorded with a tape recorder, or taping demos on pro tools or having a fully equiped truck parked at the backyard - and to be honest, I don`t care much about that. The idea of having the Stones back in these rooms - far away from luxury, just a few guys playing music together, is simply amazing. And there is no doubt that (former) Chess Studio is a magic place - even I could feel that.

So, sorry once again if I caused any trouble in here - that wasn`t my intention.

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: March 31, 2016 23:15

After what Keith did with his new album (reflecting on his roots, going back to the basics, covering some of the classics, etc) it makes perfect sense to channel that same mindset for the new album. And these are the guys that made Exile in a basement in France and just played a free show for 500k in Cuba. If the Stones wanted to cut some tracks in the legendary, albeit defunct Chess Studios, they'd be the ones to pull it off. And it makes perfect sense. Esp if you think of the documentary angle they could work. "At age 70 something, the Rolling Stones are still at it. Going back to their blues roots, recording the music that shaped them in the studios where their heros first started the whole thing"

If true, it's a pretty brilliant angle for them to work at this point.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: March 31, 2016 23:27

Gaetzi
After what Keith did with his new album (reflecting on his roots, going back to the basics, covering some of the classics, etc) it makes perfect sense to channel that same mindset for the new album. And these are the guys that made Exile in a basement in France and just played a free show for 500k in Cuba. If the Stones wanted to cut some tracks in the legendary, albeit defunct Chess Studios, they'd be the ones to pull it off. And it makes perfect sense. Esp if you think of the documentary angle they could work. "At age 70 something, the Rolling Stones are still at it. Going back to their blues roots, recording the music that shaped them in the studios where their heros first started the whole thing"

Perfectly summarized thumbs up

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Date: April 1, 2016 16:57

From The Sun, April 1:

How’s the new Stones album doing?

Keith: Yeah, that’s in the can, although it might be a surprise to people and I can’t say any more than that right now.

We did sessions in London in December which suddenly gave us a whole load of stuff. In fact, the Stones have never cut so many tracks in such a short time. Now that’s not necessarily a guarantee of a good record but there is something in the works and I’d just like to leave it up there in mystery land.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 1, 2016 17:10

Gaetzi

Well said!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 1, 2016 17:10

People are genuinely pleased you’re still going. Will there be future tours?

Yeah, yeah, yeah! We’re planning some gigs later on this year. I take each tour as it comes and at the moment I’m still shaking Cuba off me.

Date: April 1, 2016 17:21

mtaylor

Yeah, yeah, yeah! We’re planning some gigs later on this year. I take each tour as it comes and at the moment I’m still shaking Cuba off me.

New album in october/november and then some gigs.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 1, 2016 17:30

KRiffhard
mtaylor

O2 Arena London, Mercedes Benz Arena Berlin, AccorHotels Arena Paris

3 concerts in each of them.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 1, 2016 19:14

Is this just Keith speak or is there really an album already "in the can"?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2016 19:17

mtaylor
KRiffhard
mtaylor

O2 Arena London, Mercedes Benz Arena Berlin, AccorHotels Arena Paris

3 concerts in each of them.

April Fools Message, i think
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-02 14:19 by corriecas.

Keep: New Stones album is "in the can"
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 1, 2016 15:15

Keith Richards: ‘We’re a damn good band and a miracle of chemistry’

EXCLUSIVE: Rocker reveals all on The Stones’ exhibition and why they’ll keep rolling

How’s the new Stones album doing?

Yeah, that’s in the can, although it might be a surprise to people and I can’t say any more than that right now.

We did sessions in London in December which suddenly gave us a whole load of stuff. In fact, the Stones have never cut so many tracks in such a short time. Now that’s not necessarily a guarantee of a good record but there is something in the works and I’d just like to leave it up there in mystery land.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

.. that's Keith talking in The Sun newspaper in advance of Exhibitionism starting in London. Let's hope the new album is actually on the way and it's not all hot air!

Re: Keep: New Stones album is "in the can"
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 1, 2016 15:21

April Fools! grinning smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 1, 2016 15:29

damnit, I fell for it smileys with beer

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 1, 2016 15:39

Well, I hope Koen is wrong, and that really wasn't an April Fools thing. I rather enjoyed reading it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home