Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 17, 2016 19:01

Rocky Dijon
I believe a gentleman with connections has already told us Universal has this penciled in for November. Mick just said in a TV interview a couple weeks ago the band returns to the studio in late Spring. Not sure what else can be said. We know Don Was is producing. Clapton may or may not appear depending on whether the blues cover they cut with him is included.

This timescale seems probable.
Return to UK in April, Exhibitionism and some intense studio work.
June: take a summer break, Ronnie becomes a father again, Mick and Keith exhaust their 90 day tax limit, so depart from England.
Reconvene in September, finish off album, mix and master for November release.
November/December: 20 or so dates in the U S.

None of them appear to have any other commitments to get in the way.
Fingers and toes crossed.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 17, 2016 19:14

jlowe
Rocky Dijon
I believe a gentleman with connections has already told us Universal has this penciled in for November. Mick just said in a TV interview a couple weeks ago the band returns to the studio in late Spring. Not sure what else can be said. We know Don Was is producing. Clapton may or may not appear depending on whether the blues cover they cut with him is included.

June: take a summer break, Ronnie becomes a father again, Mick and Keith exhaust their 90 day tax limit, so depart from England.

Nope USA has had more than enough the past few years, they should do some shows at home first.

Re: studio sessions
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 11:12

mkbbci
the stones have 8 days between the second mexico gig and the cuba show.i wonder if they will go to los angeles to lay down some new studio tracks during that time.

funniest post in a while :-) i like your sense of humor mkbbci.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 29, 2016 14:23

Can't wait...i need new songs more than ever!
C'mon Stones...let's rock'n'roll!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 29, 2016 14:54

KRiffhard

I share your anxiety, guess we have to wait some 8 months before we can listen to it.
Be Patient, however difficult it is.smileys with beersmoking smiley
Jeroen

Date: March 29, 2016 15:03

corriecas
KRiffhard

I share your anxiety, guess we have to wait some 8 months before we can listen to it.
Be Patient, however difficult it is.smileys with beersmoking smiley
Jeroen

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 17:44

jlowe
Rocky Dijon

Yes, North America for sure. Vegas, NYC Mad Sq Garden, etc

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2016 18:55

Stones50
jlowe
Rocky Dijon

Yes, North America for sure. Vegas, NYC Mad Sq Garden, etc

Yes, and Los Angeles for sure...hopefully the Forum, but could be the Rose Bowl or Dodger stadium to pack them in and make as much $$$ as possible.

Date: March 29, 2016 19:23

Recording sessions:
- ca. 3rd - 16th December 2015: London, Metropolis Studios (unconfirmed);
- next sessions at the end of the Spring.
Title: ?
Lable: Universal
Release date: october/november?
Producer: Chris Kimsey or Don Was?
Tracklist: ?
(they recorded some originals and some blues standards)

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: March 29, 2016 22:51

Some things are worth waiting for, this may be their best one yet.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 30, 2016 00:58

With all due respect.. if they plan on releasing an album this fall.. there is no way on earth they can take the summer off.. .. ...

As well... if they want to release the album in October / November.. there is no way they will reconvene in September to finish it off. By September .. they will have to be winding it down or have it basically finished after working on it at various times throughout the spring / summer.

Posted by: banditpanda ()
Date: March 30, 2016 02:31

As long as it is 20 times better than Cross Eyed Heart

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: March 30, 2016 12:47

IanBillen
With all due respect.. if they plan on releasing an album this fall.. there is no way on earth they can take the summer off.. .. ...

As well... if they want to release the album in October / November.. there is no way they will reconvene in September to finish it off. By September .. they will have to be winding it down or have it basically finished after working on it at various times throughout the spring / summer.

When I was in Chicago in June 2015 for the Zip Code Tour, I did the Chess Studio Tour. The guy holding the tour is Willie Dixon`s grand-son and he told me the Rolling Stones were at Chess Studios to record last winter, which means the winter 2014 / 2015. I asked him several times how long they were there, but he wouldn`t answer that. But he confirmed that all of them were there and they recorded.

I believe his words and with the things we know (or think we know) I assume, they cut some of the Blues tracks at Chess Studio, as this is the perfect place to do so spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

With the recording session in London last December, maybe they are already further in the recording process as we all think.... but still, this is all speculation

Go ahead, Stones - I can`t wait to hear some new music smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 30, 2016 14:40

Yes, this may be one of their best album.
I hope so.
smileys with beer

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 30, 2016 15:48

the album will come out in sept 2016,hopefully.

Date: March 30, 2016 15:51

a person in this forum talk that the Stones were recording a disc back to the roots .
Nobody believed him .smoking smiley

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: March 30, 2016 16:04

Listening to classic vinyl this morning on XM and just as Happy raps up Earle Bailey says "Looking forward to the Stones new album and the released scheduled of US tour dates in Autumn" Earle I know it's 7:30 in the morning but can you repeat that way confident and nonchalant statement.

Brian had some kind of genius for finding people, didn't he?
-"He did. He got us together – Charlie, Mick and me."-"Life" by Keith Richards

Roll Tide

Date: March 30, 2016 16:16

buenosairesstones
a person in this forum talk that the Stones were recording a disc back to the roots .

Who's that guy?! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: March 30, 2016 16:34

KRiffhard
buenosairesstones

Not a guy, but a girl: It's in this very thread smiling smiley

Date: March 30, 2016 16:57

Steinschlag
IanBillen

When I was in Chicago in June 2015 for the Zip Code Tour, I did the Chess Studio Tour. The guy holding the tour is Willie Dixon`s grand-son and he told me the Rolling Stones were at Chess Studios to record last winter, which means the winter 2014 / 2015. I asked him several times how long they were there, but he wouldn`t answer that. But he confirmed that all of them were there and they recorded.

I believe his words and with the things we know (or think we know) I assume, they cut some of the Blues tracks at Chess Studio, as this is the perfect place to do so spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

With the recording session in London last December, maybe they are already further in the recording process as we all think.... but still, this is all speculation

This is GOOD news! thumbs up

Date: March 30, 2016 18:46

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
buenosairesstones

Not a guy, but a girl: It's in this very thread smiling smiley

Many thanks DP! I miss that girl...

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: March 30, 2016 18:48

So who's the producer?

Date: March 30, 2016 18:55

eduardoacdc
So who's the producer?

Good question!

Date: March 30, 2016 19:24

Steinschlag
IanBillen

thumbs up
Blues...Chess Studios...back to roots album...all positive vibrations!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 30, 2016 19:58

eduardoacdc
So who's the producer?

The Glimmer Twins.

I'm not kidding. It could really be a good solution.
I have always considered the producer as an important figure and Mick and Keith (maybe with an hand from Steve Jordan) can do a great work!

The enthusiasm is what it would take now.

Date: March 30, 2016 20:05

pepganzo
eduardoacdc
So who's the producer?

The Glimmer Twins.

I'm not kidding. It could really be a good solution.
I have always considered the producer as an important figure and Mick and Keith (maybe with an hand from Steve Jordan) can do a great work!

The enthusiasm is what it would take now.

The Glimmer Twins thumbs up ...and Don Was sad smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 31, 2016 00:11

You guys do know that 2120 South Michigan Avenue is now The Willie Dixon Blues Heaven Foundation, right? Yes, Willie's grandson conducts tours and concerts are held there. There is no longer a recording studio there. This is no different than the Olympic Studios rumor last year until someone pointed out Olympic Studios now showcases concerts but has no recording facility and it turned out the Stones were at a different London studio altogether.

The days of lengthy sessions ended with BRIDGES TO BABYLON. Since then, sessions have been fairly quick with Mick's demos prepared at home only needing the band to dub their parts to complete. Look to what we know. Don Was produced the December 2015 14 day session in London. The band is promoting Exhibitionism in London. Mick said they will return to the studio in late spring to finish the album. A reliable source with a proven track record here has told us Universal has set the album for a fourth quarter release this year. Charlie recently stated Band 2 will return to Miami to record an album once the Stones take a break. Mick has indicated he plans to pull together a solo album of the many songs he has demoed over the last few years that don't fit the Stones. If another tour is announced for the Autumn, we will be very fortunate. Let's see what the band tells the press at Exhibitionism.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: March 31, 2016 00:46

Rocky Dijon
You guys do know that 2120 South Michigan Avenue is now The Willie Dixon Blues Heaven Foundation, right? Yes, Willie's grandson conducts tours and concerts are held there. There is no longer a recording studio there. This is no different than the Olympic Studios rumor last year until someone pointed out Olympic Studios now showcases concerts but has no recording facility and it turned out the Stones were at a different London studio altogether.

So, you are actually calling Keith Dixon a liar? He said personally into my face that the Stones were there to record - why should I not believe him?

Of course, it is more a museum now, but that doesn`t mean you cannot record there anymore. All you have to do is unroll some cables, set up a few microphones, plug in your amps and start playing - that`s it thumbs up

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 31, 2016 01:31

Rocky Dijon

The days of lengthy sessions ended with BRIDGES TO BABYLON. Since then, sessions have been fairly quick with Mick's demos prepared at home only needing the band to dub their parts to complete. Look to what we know. Don Was produced the December 2015 14 day session in London. The band is promoting Exhibitionism in London. Mick said they will return to the studio in late spring to finish the album. A reliable source with a proven track record here has told us Universal has set the album for a fourth quarter release this year. Charlie recently stated Band 2 will return to Miami to record an album once the Stones take a break. Mick has indicated he plans to pull together a solo album of the many songs he has demoed over the last few years that don't fit the Stones. If another tour is announced for the Autumn, we will be very fortunate. Let's see what the band tells the press at Exhibitionism.

Rocky, what do you mean by Band 2???
Please explain
Jeroen

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 31, 2016 06:48

Hi Jeroen,

Band 2 is the jazz project Tim Ries, Bernard, Darryl, and Charlie play in with other musicians. The members are in flux somewhat. They've played several shows along the road on both ZIP CODE and OLE tour dates.

And no, Steinschlag, I don't believe I ever called Willie Dixon's grandson a liar. Nice command of logic to reach that conclusion.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home