Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

One Hit (To The Body)
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 7, 2005 12:47

most stones fans know it i guess.. it's from dirty work, and it's very underrated. they never play it on-stage, and i can imagine why; jimmy page played leads one it. infact, i think it's just ron and jimmy, no keith, so keith probably dislikes playing it, since it will end up in a completly different song or he will end up imitating jimmy page. i think they too understand it's a good song, but don't play it because of what i just said, or they just can't nail the energy in the song like they did back then.

Re: One Hit (To The Body)
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 7, 2005 12:59

There is a lot of Keith in that song. You sure you don't hear him?
But I know what you mean by Keith not wanting to play songs where he didn't feature. I was suprised that they ever did "Moonlight Mile". That's why I don;t ever see them doing "Sway".

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: August 7, 2005 13:17

Great tune!!

I think they played that song 1-2 times live. (No Security Tour??)

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 7, 2005 13:21

Actually it was performed a few times early on the SW tour, and they did a good job IMO. In fact, Ronnie nails a viscous solo on the copy I have ( DVD marked as a show in Philly, August 31, 1989). The crowd reacted well to the opening chords, so its not that the song was received poorly. To my ears it is the best of DW and one of the most powerfuls songs that they have done in the second half of their career. I have no idea why they avoid it live.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 7, 2005 13:40

Check out the SW DVDs from Toronto which have great version of One Hit and Play With Fire.

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: August 7, 2005 14:07

they have to open the show with one hit

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 7, 2005 19:12

That's also one of my dreams, veronus. Would be a perfect opener.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 7, 2005 19:17

I saw them do it in '89 as well - it worked great. And re Keith/Sway, well he didn't have much to do w/ Don't Stop ('the fairy dust...' he said, MJ came to the sessions w/ that one written), or MM which was done on the NS tour - don't know why they haven't done Sway but there are still many killer songs never done live, even w/ all the rarely/never played stuff done in the past decade

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 7, 2005 19:18

a throwaway song on a throwaway album. if your two axe players can't salvage it and you have to hire the "could not see a reason why" guy to play it - well that pretty much tells you all you need to know...

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 7, 2005 19:31

A killer album I've been digging since '86 - angry, honest, musically powerful despite some minor period-production flourishes

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: August 8, 2005 01:56

Great opener. Filler my A$$

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: August 8, 2005 02:19

shite

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 8, 2005 03:05

Saw them do it twice in 89,,,both philly shows ,,,& i liked,, about 2 or 3 weeks later on in that tour in syracuse N.Y. the set list was now 4 songs less from the start ,,,they did the same thing on the VL.tour ,,CHoppin songs out of the set list ...My guess is they wont do 1 hit this tour

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 8, 2005 04:34

chippy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My guess is they wont do 1 hit this
> tour

oh, I think they'll do many hits

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 8, 2005 04:42

i saw them do it on sw and they nailed it!!!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 8, 2005 09:35

One Hit will nail it. I'll bet the opener will change though.....

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: August 8, 2005 10:59

I suppose it's hard to sing, that's why they avoid playing it live. As a band you always have to take care about what songs the singer is able to sing without getting hoarse or voicely tired. So, a band always chooses the key for the singer but sometimes a song doesn't work if it's played "too low" or "too high". I guess that's the problem with One Hit.

Date: August 8, 2005 11:25

Keith is on Sway (backing vox). He plays Heartbreaker, Moonlight Mile, Sister Morphine + more songs live - all songs that he played very little on/didn't play on.

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: August 8, 2005 11:31

An excellent song.

A very bad opener. For stadiums, at least.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home