Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 28 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 01:44

but the announcers said he was warned to not hit players with his cane, or they will take it away.

Date: February 8, 2016 02:01

Cool Audi commercial... Bowie

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 8, 2016 02:06

everwest1
Cool & tasteful. Looks like NFL want Peyton to win. Carolina just got burned on the reply call.

Date: February 8, 2016 02:08

crholmstrom
everwest1
Cool & tasteful. thumbs up

Looks like NFL want Peyton to win. Carolina just got burned on the reply call.

Did ya see him and that ref yuking it up before the game... possible cash exchanged winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 02:09 by everwest1.

Date: February 8, 2016 02:09

everwest1
crholmstrom
everwest1
Cool & tasteful. thumbs up

Looks like NFL want Peyton to win. Carolina just got burned on the reply call.

I did see him ref yuking it up before the game... possible cash exchanged winking smiley

Uhhhh think you mean TD Donkeys!

Date: February 8, 2016 02:14

Looks like Bum's boy Wade may have a plan...

Date: February 8, 2016 02:18

Cam and his boys are going to have to beat the refs and the other team

Date: February 8, 2016 03:50

halftime. barf.

Date: February 8, 2016 03:52

crholmstrom
halftime. barf.
yeah... that was crap..

Date: February 8, 2016 05:10

If Von Miller doesn't get MVP then...

Date: February 8, 2016 05:21

everwest1
If Von Miller doesn't get MVP then...

He had a monster game for sure.

Date: February 8, 2016 06:23

congrats manning. hope he retires on top. be awesome if that last throw he ever made was that 2 pt conversion

Date: February 8, 2016 13:25

keefriffhard4life
congrats manning. hope he retires on top. be awesome if that last throw he ever made was that 2 pt conversion

thumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 15:08

I'm a Patriots fan, but eh...

Congrats...Peyton. He played just well enough to not lose. That Broncos defense though...beyond vicious. What a pack of rabid animals...really amazing to watch them completely smother the Panthers.

The Panthers were rattled right off the bat. I could sense trouble from the opening drive. They looked scared and played tight. A pretty pathetic performance from the entire team. I like Cam and hope he comes back a bit humbled and more determined to win.

Date: February 8, 2016 15:23

keefriff99
I'm a Patriots fan, but eh...

Congrats...Peyton. He played just well enough to not lose. That Broncos defense though...beyond vicious. What a pack of rabid animals...really amazing to watch them completely smother the Panthers.

The Panthers were rattled right off the bat. I could sense trouble from the opening drive. They looked scared and played tight. A pretty pathetic performance from the entire team. I like Cam and hope he comes back a bit humbled and more determined to win.

sadly that superbowl performance dropped peytons playoff passer rating to 87.9 making it lower than brady's sad smiley

brady is 88 even. yes thats right, peyton the guy who "plays bad in the playoffs" and "always chokes" in the playoffs had a higher passer rating in the playoffs than brady until last nights superbowl was over. funny manning was the winner

Date: February 8, 2016 16:05

Beast Mode retirement announcement very cool on Twitter. We'll miss him but I think its a smart move for him & for the team. Read an article today saying he has saved all of the 50 million he made in NFL salary & lived off of his endorsement deals. Smart! He was 1 of a kind. Now, on to next year's march to regain the Lombardi trophy. >grinning smiley<

PS: Cam Newton has no class. At least when Russell Wilson f'd up last year, he took the heat & answered questions after the game with class. Cam still needs to grow up some.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 16:11

crholmstrom
Beast Mode retirement announcement very cool on Twitter. We'll miss him but I think its a smart move for him & for the team. Read an article today saying he has saved all of the 50 million he made in NFL salary & lived off of his endorsement deals. Smart! He was 1 of a kind. Now, on to next year's march to regain the Lombardi trophy. >grinning smiley<
Good for him! He had a great career and he's not even 30. Pretty fantastic way to go out.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 8, 2016 23:04

Carolina's wikipedia page got changed right after the Super Bowl... where it says Owner it said something like Von Miller 78% and the rest was the Bronco's D, something like that, saw it on FaceBook.

What a horrible game. Just atrocious. Third down, anyone? ANYONE? Cam Newton - does he know another throwing speed other than 3000 mph?

Oddly enough the game may have been worse than the SB Half Time show, which is really sad to say, because that was just awful. Holy horrendous was that bad.

Perhaps they should've used the stupid Roman numeral for SB50, L for LAME.

Worst Super Bowl ever. I hope Manning retires. Wasn't it enough he escaped the game on the winning team without getting smashed and was able to enjoy winning one more but NOOOOOO they had to pester him with retirement questions.

Loved how CBS showed the Green Bay/Kansas NFL/AFL Championship Game listed officially as Super Bowl 1... lame lame LAME.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: February 8, 2016 23:16

Great defensive showing by The Broncos....in their 3 playoff games against Roethlisberger, Brady and Newton, the Broncos gave up only one td pass...#1 defenses in Super Bowl history have won 10 out of 12 games

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 23:43

Here is a question for geniune NFL fans in The U.S...... People who go to the games, and are passionate about the sport through the whole season, and not just the type that tune in for The Superbowl. Do you think it is a problem when the spectacle at half time creates more interest in the media than the actual game. Is it time for The NFL to curtail the circus?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 8, 2016 23:49

strat72
Here is a question for geniune NFL fans in The U.S...... People who go to the games, and are passionate about the sport through the whole season, and not just the type that tune in for The Superbowl. Do you think it is a problem when the spectacle at half time creates more interest in the media than the actual game. Is it time for The NFL to curtail the circus?

It seems that the more the half time show gets hyped the worse it gets. SB50's half time show was horrendous. I don't think anyone really cares, it's more of a "ohhhhh yawwwwnnnn whatever" kind of thing. I feel sorry for the people in the stadium and... oh wait, no I don't.

But. Yes. It's time it got a lid put on it. Something needs to change. In fact, they need to do NOTHING. There's more hype before the game than there ever used to be. All that Star Spangled Banner crap and the coin toss and airplanes and blah blah blah... it's just ridiculous: it's just a game. They should stick to the game part.

Date: February 9, 2016 00:53

GasLightStreet
strat72

It seems that the more the half time show gets hyped the worse it gets. SB50's half time show was horrendous. I don't think anyone really cares, it's more of a "ohhhhh yawwwwnnnn whatever" kind of thing. I feel sorry for the people in the stadium and... oh wait, no I don't.

But. Yes. It's time it got a lid put on it. Something needs to change. In fact, they need to do NOTHING. There's more hype before the game than there ever used to be. All that Star Spangled Banner crap and the coin toss and airplanes and blah blah blah... it's just ridiculous: it's just a game. They should stick to the game part.

They are catering to the casual viewer, not the true fans. Hence all the talk about commercials,etc. I mean who cares what Corp USA is trying to shove down our throats. Oh wait, the NFL is part of Corp USA. As far as the halftime acts go, if they were after the true fans you wouldn't have all the pop crap. Go to any game in person they are playing classic rock with a smattering of hip hop. They blew it this year. They could've easily got Metallica, who would've been perfect. The housewives don't care for them though. Also, they are deathly afraid of another incident like Janet Jackson. So lame. I love the game but am fearful they are going to homogenize it to the point where it isn't worth watching. Much like the NBA. Caveat on the NBA comment: I'm still angry they took my team away. There were all sorts of shenanigans when they moved the Sonics to Oklahoma. Now we are used as the "hostage" city with both the NBA & NHL. Anytime they want to extort tax money to subsidize arenas they point to Seattle as wanting a franchise. Much like the NFL did with LA for 20 years. Most of these leagues are priced to the point where ordinary folks can't afford to go other than rarely. It's all about feeding the corporation machine. Sorry, passionate about the subject.

Date: February 9, 2016 02:13

strat72
Here is a question for genuine NFL fans in The U.S...... People who go to the games, and are passionate about the sport through the whole season, and not just the type that tune in for The Superbowl. Do you think it is a problem when the spectacle at half time creates more interest in the media than the actual game. Is it time for The NFL to curtail the circus?

Is it time for The NFL to curtail the circus?

Yes

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 9, 2016 05:44

strat72

I love soccer too. Manchester City and Everton in the Premier League. But the half-time show is mainly for the tv audience. It's about the money. FIFA is so corrupt internally, that practically the entire upper structure is on the take.

There are a lot of things soccer could do to improve the game for the tv audience. I think it's coming. Starting with a Premier League playoff. And a half time show. Maybe even the elimination of the added minutes at the end of the match. Just stop the clock after a goal or for an injury or whatever.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 9, 2016 17:25

Manning, according to his contract got $4,000.000 for getting to the Super Bowl and another $4,000,000 for winning.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 9, 2016 21:49

More Hot Rocks
Manning, according to his contract got $4,000.000 for getting to the Super Bowl and another $4,000,000 for winning.

Funny to think that he received the same amount for winning the Super Bowl as the Conf. Championship game. I guess if you look at it as he got $4m for getting to the SB and $8m for winning it makes more sense. Sort of.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 10, 2016 08:58

mr_dja
More Hot Rocks

Funny to think that he received the same amount for winning the Super Bowl as the Conf. Championship game. I guess if you look at it as he got $4m for getting to the SB and $8m for winning it makes more sense. Sort of.

Peace,
Mr DJA

It was 2 million to win AFC & 2 million to win Super Bowl for a total of 4. The amount was what he gave up when Elway needed to renegotiate his deal before the season so that they could get some free agents. Manning, as of now, has a huge cap number for next season. Much like the Beast, I don't see Denver paying it & would want him to take a pay cut if he were to play there next year.

Date: February 10, 2016 15:21

crholmstrom
mr_dja
More Hot Rocks

Peace,
Mr DJA

It was 2 million to win AFC & 2 million to win Super Bowl for a total of 4. The amount was what he gave up when Elway needed to renegotiate his deal before the season so that they could get some free agents. Manning, as of now, has a huge cap number for next season. Much like the Beast, I don't see Denver paying it & would want him to take a pay cut if he were to play there next year.

I had heard about the cap hit for Manning and was wondering how much of a stumbling block that might be for his coming back. A potential pr nightmare for the Broncos. There's a part of me that hopes he retires although I'm mainly apathetic about it.

Regarding the bonuses, even though the $ was half of what was initially reported, I still find it kind of humorous that he received the same bonus for winning both games.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 10, 2016 20:34

Anyone want to lay odds for NEXT season? Oddsmakers are already weighing in...

From an article in the NYT with the great headline: "Who’s Favored to Win the Super Bowl Next Year? Them Again"

Super Bowl LI odds

Patriots 7-1

Panthers 7½-1

Seahawks 8-1

Packers 10-1

Steelers 10-1

Cardinals 10-1

Broncos 12-1

Bengals 16-1

Chiefs 20-1

Vikings 22-1

Cowboys 25-1

Colts 25-1

Giants 28-1

Ravens 33-1

Saints 40-1

Falcons 40-1

Texans 40-1

Jets 40-1

Lions 50-1

Dolphins 50-1

Redskins 50-1

Rams 50-1

Chargers 50-1

Bills 50-1

Bears 50-1

Raiders 50-1

Eagles 50-1

Jaguars 66-1

Titans 66-1

Buccaneers 100-1

49ers 100-1

Browns 150-1

I'll be the first to say it: Go Steelers!

See you next fall!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: February 10, 2016 21:32

crholmstrom

PS: Cam Newton has no class. At least when Russell Wilson f'd up last year, he took the heat & answered questions after the game with class. Cam still needs to grow up some.

Yes well said about the BEAST hope he gets in the HOF
Totally agree about Cam - have some class dude

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 28 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home