Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 6, 2016 09:22

gimmelittledrink
Seattle lost to the Steelers in the Superbowl because they stunk, not because of the refs.

I agree. They definitely blew that game. I had a 40 to 1 futures bet on that game that would've paid me $2000. I was throwing things at the TV! That team was inherently soft. Shaun "where's the sideline" Alexander & Matt "George Bush is my buddy" Hasselback, to name a few. Beast would have those guys for lunch! In Beast we trust. GO HAWKS!smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 09:34 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 6, 2016 10:04

crholmstrom
gimmelittledrink
Seattle lost to the Steelers in the Superbowl because they stunk, not because of the refs.

I agree. They definitely blew that game. I had a 40 to 1 futures bet on that game that would've paid me $2000. I was throwing things at the TV! That team was inherently soft. Shaun "where's the sideline" Alexander & Matt "George Bush is my buddy" Hasselback, to name a few. Beast would have those guys for lunch! In Beast we trust. GO HAWKS!smoking smiley

says who? lynch was pretty average most of his stint in buffalo and looked average this year before he had surgery

Date: January 6, 2016 11:10

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
gimmelittledrink

says who? lynch was pretty average most of his stint in buffalo and looked average this year before he had surgery

Maybe we can replace Russell Wilson with Geno Smith...winking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 6, 2016 17:25

umakmehrd
Haha Mr DJA love that you remember your kids comments That's awesome...
Your right Gimmie... The Steeler's lifted the Lombardi that year even though they were outplayed and got a little help from their stripped friends haha But at the end of 60 it was all yours.. Don't think you have any chance this year !!

That game/halftime has actually kind of become a running joke at our house. Here I was, watching my favorite team play in the Super Bowl with my favorite band playing the halftime show and then my favorite kids have to go and mess up my happiness by mocking Jagger and complaining that the others looked so old.

It took me a few years to get payback when my oldest daughter was playing "Moves Like Jagger" on her stereo and I made her turn it off because she surely couldn't enjoy a song which was glorifying the moves of a guy that she had mocked just a few years earlier. Her response was classic, "I was 10! How could I have known?"

I really got vindication when she called me from college the other year to tell me that she had seen some movie and there was this song in it that she had to look up... it was "Gimme Shelter" and she figured she probably owed me an apology because, as she said, "That's a badass song and I think I'm going to need to go through your CD collection". I'm thinking that she'll turn out OK!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 6, 2016 23:36

Mr DJA - that sounds just like my home.. too funny

Go Hawks !!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 7, 2016 06:19

Keithriffhard- Ask Barry Sanders who he would want as his running back.

Lynch average in Buffalo? You forget about him voted to the Pro Bowl in Buffalo? You might also YouTube highlights from his time in Buffalo and recheck his stats.

BeastMode is one of the toughest dudes who have ever played the game.

Date: January 7, 2016 07:14

Midnight Toker
Keithriffhard- Ask Barry Sanders who he would want as his running back.

Lynch average in Buffalo? You forget about him voted to the Pro Bowl in Buffalo? You might also YouTube highlights from his time in Buffalo and recheck his stats.

BeastMode is one of the toughest dudes who have ever played the game.

why is he no longer with the bills? easy to answer. you want to scare your division opponents which he never did.

lets look at things like this.
2008 season Lynch was held to a 2008 low of 16 yards rushing in a matchup against the New York Jets on November 2. He did not break 100 yards rushing in a game until November 17 on a Monday Night Football matchup against the Cleveland Browns.

ok so in 2008 he played at least 7 games before getting 100 yards. that's
almost 1/2 the season

Beastmode finished the season with 450 yards on 120 carries with two rushing touchdowns, and did not break 100 rushing yards in a single game.

2009 and 2010 he averaged less than 4 yards a carry. did you know in 2010 lynch had the same yards per carry average as trent Richardson did his rookie year? that says a lot right there of a veteran player.

as far as being voted to the pro bowl in buffalo, also wrong. he was a fill in for injured chris johnson

Date: January 7, 2016 09:35

Don't really care about what the Beast did in Buffalo. He has flourished on many levels in Seattle. Buffalo might as well have been another planet as far as he was concerned. He's a unique talent & personality. The Hawks have been lucky to have him & he's lucky the Hawks traded for him. Pete Carroll was the right coach for him. Not all of it is publicized but he does a stunning amount of work with people, especially kids, who don't have anything. It looks like he is ready & coming full on for the playoff, which might've been the plan all along. Look out! GO HAWKS!smoking smiley

Date: January 7, 2016 20:53

It's simple why he did not fit in Buffalo - he was young in trouble with the law on a couple of occasions and I don't think got the support like he gets from this Seattle group lead by Coach Carroll - This is a Family !!

12'S !!!

Keef if you could ever see a game at centrylink you would get it...

We gotta get up early on Sunday its gonna be a cold tough battle !! GO HAWKS !!

Date: January 7, 2016 21:29

umakmehrd
It's simple why he did not fit in Buffalo - he was young in trouble with the law on a couple of occasions and I don't think got the support like he gets from this Seattle group lead by Coach Carroll - This is a Family !!

12'S !!!

Keef if you could ever see a game at centrylink you would get it...

We gotta get up early on Sunday its gonna be a cold tough battle !! GO HAWKS !!

The playoff voodoo ceremony will be starting on Saturday night. Need to get the spirits in proper alignment!smoking smiley

Date: January 7, 2016 21:36

Well said CR, alignment is crucial...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 7, 2016 22:44

MisterDDDD
Don't care who your team is, this seasons Russell Wilson stats are amazing...

4000 pass yards
30 pass TDs
500 rush yards

Yep, those are pretty good. However, far far away from what Drew Brees has accomplished. Wilson is getting there.

Date: January 7, 2016 22:48

gimmelittledrink
Seattle lost because they missed two field goals, had an incredibly bad turnover, allowed the Steelers to convert on 3rd and 27, allowed a 75 yard touchdown run, and stood by helplessly when a wide receiver threw a 43 yard TD pass.

That is obviously logical there because none of that has anything to do with refereeing. Period.

I watched that game. Seattle sucked. Similar to how Denver sucked when Seattle beat them. Or when Denver kept getting shellacked. Or when Chicago crushed New England. You can't just show up... well, yes, you can - but you'll get ya ass handed to yez!

Date: January 7, 2016 22:51

MisterDDDD
First to point your first comment out there genius.

The above posted article sure had it right..

"Now Bill Leavy, the head referee of the game is just plain saying he screwed up and didn't totally understand the rules of the game. Anyone who saw the game knew it at the time, even as the NFL, the network suits, and the people of Pittsburgh tried to claim otherwise. "
"
As for the Steelers fans this is a disaster. They've long been defensive about what happened in 2006."

Snark me.

I find that to be nothing but bunk. A referee doesn't just show up at the Supe, a ref has to work their way up. As silly as the NFL is there are some guidelines that have never been allowed to wander. "Didn't totally understand the rules of the game"? That's just bunk.

How can someone ref the Supe if they don't totally understand the game?

Someone's selling a book. Or some retirement slippers or whatever.

Date: January 7, 2016 22:53

GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD

4000 pass yards
30 pass TDs
500 rush yards

Yep, those are pretty good. However, far far away from what Drew Brees has accomplished. Wilson is getting there.

Yep and the 75th overall pick will get there barring injury...

Date: January 7, 2016 23:37

wow just checked out stubhub they have tix for seahawk wildcard game starting at 40 bucks.. mid-field tix 25 rows up 125.00..... must be nice that would not even get you standing room in seattle

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 8, 2016 02:37

GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD

4000 pass yards
30 pass TDs
500 rush yards

"far far" lol.

Rushing yards has Wilson total yards close on total yards on the season, and with three less interceptions...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 02:47 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 8, 2016 03:22

keithriffhard- Your logic is baffling to me.The simple answer is it is a matter of team chemistry and furthermore, bad management and coaching on the Bills part led to his exit.

As a Hawks fan and season ticket holder, I appreciate getting an ALLPRO
running back for a mid round draft pick.

BeastMode is iconic in our great city and we love him.

LOB!!! GO HAWKS!!!!

Date: January 8, 2016 06:18

Midnight Toker
keithriffhard- Your logic is baffling to me.The simple answer is it is a matter of team chemistry and furthermore, bad management and coaching on the Bills part led to his exit.

LOB!!! GO HAWKS!!!!

well it is team chemistry in the fact lynch is a power runner and buffalo had a pretty weak oline almost the entire time he was there. failing to open gaps for him to run or missing blocking assignments. buffalo picked up some RBs who had crazy vertical and lateral speed and were doing well so they no longer needed lynch. trust me I saw him play at least 2 times a year when the jets played buffalo. now the seahawks have a pretty sketchy oline this year. lynch wasn't doing well before he got hurt and missing this much time plus the oline still struggling I don't see him being the make it break it part of the game for seattle this weekend. in the end I could be wrong but I doubt he gets 75 yards against the Vikings unless there are bad injuries or snow causes both teams to run the ball a ton

Date: January 8, 2016 11:19

keefriffhard4life
Midnight Toker

LOB!!! GO HAWKS!!!!

well it is team chemistry in the fact lynch is a power runner and buffalo had a pretty weak oline almost the entire time he was there. failing to open gaps for him to run or missing blocking assignments. buffalo picked up some RBs who had crazy vertical and lateral speed and were doing well so they no longer needed lynch. trust me I saw him play at least 2 times a year when the jets played buffalo. now the seahawks have a pretty sketchy oline this year. lynch wasn't doing well before he got hurt and missing this much time plus the oline still struggling I don't see him being the make it break it part of the game for seattle this weekend. in the end I could be wrong but I doubt he gets 75 yards against the Vikings unless there are bad injuries or snow causes both teams to run the ball a ton

Hey Keefriffhard - Hope we haven't been too tough on you. A few years ago, I used to get beat on pretty bad by the SF fans (who have since went elsewhere, hmmmm, wonder why). It's all in good fun. Hopefully your Jets will continue to improve & take down the hated Patriots. I think I can speak for the Hawk fans here. We went through decades of misery with all of our sports teams, bottoming out when the Sonics left. 2001 wasn't too good either. The Mariners win 116 & get bounced before the world series. Talk about crushing! Anyway, kind of explains why we are so hard core. I don't really consider myself a 12 as I was a Hawk fan from day 1 of the franchise. The 12s came later (no offense to anyone!). The current Seahawks is our sure to be relatively brief day in the sun. The Hawks are pretty damn good this year. Sure the o line is suspect & I am worried about the TE situation. TE Willson had relapse with concussion protocal yesterday.I have a good feeling about the Hawks this year though. They have the chip on their shoulder back & that's when they play best. As was talked about before, team chemistry can't be overlooked. That's something the Hawks have in abundance. Coach Carroll's methods play a large part in that. I am really hoping for a rematch with NE in the Super Bowl. A slaughter of them would be sweet! Hope you can get behind that concept, at least a little. I've always rooted for the Jets over the Giants for a NYC team. In the meantime: GO HAWKS!!!!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 11:20 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 8, 2016 12:28

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
Midnight Toker

LOB!!! GO HAWKS!!!!

Hey Keefriffhard - Hope we haven't been too tough on you. A few years ago, I used to get beat on pretty bad by the SF fans (who have since went elsewhere, hmmmm, wonder why). It's all in good fun. Hopefully your Jets will continue to improve & take down the hated Patriots. I think I can speak for the Hawk fans here. We went through decades of misery with all of our sports teams, bottoming out when the Sonics left. 2001 wasn't too good either. The Mariners win 116 & get bounced before the world series. Talk about crushing! Anyway, kind of explains why we are so hard core. I don't really consider myself a 12 as I was a Hawk fan from day 1 of the franchise. The 12s came later (no offense to anyone!). The current Seahawks is our sure to be relatively brief day in the sun. The Hawks are pretty damn good this year. Sure the o line is suspect & I am worried about the TE situation. TE Willson had relapse with concussion protocal yesterday.I have a good feeling about the Hawks this year though. They have the chip on their shoulder back & that's when they play best. As was talked about before, team chemistry can't be overlooked. That's something the Hawks have in abundance. Coach Carroll's methods play a large part in that. I am really hoping for a rematch with NE in the Super Bowl. A slaughter of them would be sweet! Hope you can get behind that concept, at least a little. I've always rooted for the Jets over the Giants for a NYC team. In the meantime: GO HAWKS!!!!smileys with beer

I don't see a rematch because I don't see the patriots making the SB. seattle has a better chance of making the SB than the patriots

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 8, 2016 17:43

Has the"Beast" been practicing at all or is he coming in cold? Not many players can step back in after a layoff and perform as they have in the past. Just curious.

Date: January 8, 2016 19:52

mighty stork
Has the"Beast" been practicing at all or is he coming in cold? Not many players can step back in after a layoff and perform as they have in the past. Just curious.

The Beast has been a full participant at practice all week, I'm happy to say. Coach Carroll expecting a full load (20-25 carries) on Sunday. Vikings: be afraid, be very afraid. GO HAWKS!hot smiley

Date: January 9, 2016 01:24

mighty stork

even so he will more than likely look like you'd expect guys to look in the first week or 2 of the season since he's out so long

Date: January 9, 2016 02:14

Keef you are not a lynch lover are you ??
with his running style and experience he will be just fine they expect him to get 20-25 carries... it's gonna be ice cold so i'm sure both teams will be forcing the run game.

Go Hawks.. getting close can't wait !!

Date: January 9, 2016 06:38

umakmehrd
Keef you are not a lynch lover are you ??
with his running style and experience he will be just fine they expect him to get 20-25 carries... it's gonna be ice cold so i'm sure both teams will be forcing the run game.

Go Hawks.. getting close can't wait !!

ell not it appears sources are saying lynch isn't playing against the Vikings and did not travel with the team. BOOM. seahawks might still win the game but I was more right than you were. he was more than likely unfit to carry the ball 20+ times in those conditions

Date: January 9, 2016 09:55

It's true. No Beast! It is all on the D & Russ Wilson. I still like our chances but not as much. We'll see if that man named Christine can deliver...GO HAWKS!smoking smiley

Date: January 9, 2016 18:55

mighty stork

They're all going to come into the game cold...

Date: January 9, 2016 20:28

More like... Benchmode!

Date: January 10, 2016 01:41

GasLightStreet
More like... Benchmode!

Not even...Beast didn't make the trip.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home