Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 25 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 11, 2016 21:14

go Panthers!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 11, 2016 23:17

keithriffhard- Admit it, you are a Hawks fan deep down.

LOB!! GO HAWKS!!!

It is great to be a 12.

Date: January 11, 2016 23:33

umakmehrd
keefriffhard4life
seattle moves on but lest be honest they should be sitting at home now

Look back at all the great teams in any sport - one common thread - they always seem to find a way to win...

PS - Yes keefriffhard4life I will finally agree on something with you... we had a huge horseshoe up our frozen a$$es...

Go Hawks !!

same thing happened to my team duke in last years ncaa tourney. 1 team who could have given them trouble had some players sick during the game and 2 other teams in dukes bracket that looked to have matchup issues for duke got knocked off before duke had to play them

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 11, 2016 23:45

I'm just happy to still be able to say "GO STEELERS". The longer the 4th quarter went on yesterday, the more I felt like I wouldn't be able to say that anymore this season. Still fun while it's lasting though! Glad that we're going to Denver as opposed to N.E. It's always kind of awkward when Mom has to blacklist me due to a sporting event!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: winter ()
Date: January 12, 2016 00:32

mr_dja
I'm just happy to still be able to say "GO STEELERS". The longer the 4th quarter went on yesterday, the more I felt like I wouldn't be able to say that anymore this season. Still fun while it's lasting though! Glad that we're going to Denver as opposed to N.E. It's always kind of awkward when Mom has to blacklist me due to a sporting event!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Agreed on playing Denver first; -we still have to see how RB Williams, Brown (concussion protocol) and Ben's shoulder/arm are doing by game time. Denver does have the #4 defense though it remains to be seen if the back-in-action Peyton still can throw deep. Denver will be much more healthy and rested than when we played them last month.

If things go well, mom can blacklist you the following weekend!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 12, 2016 17:08

I'm no fan of Carolina but I'm pulling for them to beat Seattle, which they will most likely soundly do.

Not sure who to pick regarding Pittsburgh/Denver. It'd be nice to see Denver win so Peyton can win another Super Bowl and hopefully retire.

Date: January 12, 2016 17:13

GasLightStreet
I'm no fan of Carolina but I'm pulling for them to beat Seattle, which they will most likely soundly do.

Not sure who to pick regarding Pittsburgh/Denver. It'd be nice to see Denver win so Peyton can win another Super Bowl and hopefully retire.[/quote

without brown playing for the steelers and with big ben hurt and possibly no RB for pittsburgh either i think denvers defense will be too much.

get this, the redskins played a playoff game and never beat a team all year that finish better than 8-8

Date: January 12, 2016 17:29

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Not sure who to pick regarding Pittsburgh/Denver. It'd be nice to see Denver win so Peyton can win another Super Bowl and hopefully retire.

without brown playing for the steelers and with big ben hurt and possibly no RB for pittsburgh either i think denvers defense will be too much.

get this, the redskins played a playoff game and never beat a team all year that finish better than 8-8

You got that right - Washington sucks. Carolina had an easy schedule, only being challenged by the Saints, the one by the Falcants and, of all teams, Seattle.

Date: January 12, 2016 17:33

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

You got that right - Washington sucks. Carolina had an easy schedule, only being challenged by the Saints, the one by the Falcants and, of all teams, Seattle.

so you think the panthers will beat seattle though even without being tested much all season?

Date: January 12, 2016 17:34

winter
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Agreed on playing Denver first; -we still have to see how RB Williams, Brown (concussion protocol) and Ben's shoulder/arm are doing by game time. Denver does have the #4 defense though it remains to be seen if the back-in-action Peyton still can throw deep. Denver will be much more healthy and rested than when we played them last month.

If things go well, mom can blacklist you the following weekend!

From what I'm hearing (as of this morning): Ben is expected to play, Brown is not expected to play. If we were healthy, I wouldn't be as nervous about Denver's defense... As it is, I'm not feeling all that good right now.

I wish I knew more about what Manning was going through so I could get a better read on where he's actually standing. Having him in the game is kind of like Ben coming back to play at the end of the game last week. Even if he's physically not 100%, that guy's brain and heart will give him advantages that other QBs dream of. However, if he's throwing "ducks", that same heart could start working in our favor.

I'll be rooting for the Blacklist to continue to be sure!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 12, 2016 18:36

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

so you think the panthers will beat seattle though even without being tested much all season?

Considering that Seattle wasn't much of a challenge for 'em, yeah, they'll beat Seattle. Seattle got shown in 2015. They're not all that. They're a good team but they're not a great team. They lost some games they should've won. Hell, until that cry baby Jimmy Graham got sidelined they were playing like the Detroit Lions. With cry baby out they started to play better. But Carolina has been on a tear and it started in 2014 when they got their shit together. They've lost ONE GAME since they started their winning streak during the latter half of the 2014 season (even though they "won" their division that year at 7-8-1 - Philly missed out at 10-6; just like Seattle "won" their division in 2010 at 7-9 while the NY Giants missed the playoffs at 10-6).

What would they do if they played Denver or New England or Arizona or Green Bay? Who knows. It be good football, though. Carolina has some weapons. It might be surprising.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: January 12, 2016 19:44

mr_dja

From what I'm hearing (as of this morning): Ben is expected to play, Brown is not expected to play. If we were healthy, I wouldn't be as nervous about Denver's defense... As it is, I'm not feeling all that good right now.

I wish I knew more about what Manning was going through so I could get a better read on where he's actually standing. Having him in the game is kind of like Ben coming back to play at the end of the game last week. Even if he's physically not 100%, that guy's brain and heart will give him advantages that other QBs dream of. However, if he's throwing "ducks", that same heart could start working in our favor.

I'll be rooting for the Blacklist to continue to be sure!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Ouch. Ben has torn ligaments in his throwing shoulder in addition to a sprained AC joint. RB Williams is less than 50% assured of playing. No word on Brown's concussion protocol progress. Still, the other RB's did a good job against a better defense than Denver's, we have 2 more good receivers plus Toussaint, Ben can keep throwing the short ball, and it only takes the Steeler's D to force Peyton to scramble a few times and he might re-aggravate his plantar injury.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 12, 2016 20:32

I really don't think the Steelers have a hope in the mile high city..
New England & Seattle are in tough but have the experience to maybe come away with wins.. KC is a beast and I think will take down the Patriots.
I don't see Arizona losing at home.
I know the Hawks are up against a rested panthers team / I do not want to see Cam Newton doing his superman crap... Defence wins championships so we do have some hope !!!

Go Hawks
LOB
12's
oh and Russel Wilson... the wildcard !!!

Date: January 12, 2016 20:40

KC might be in trouble if maclin can't go.

Date: January 12, 2016 21:55

Valid point - They are on such a roll would love to see them take down the Pats
But Bill n Brady always seem to put together a great game plan

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 13, 2016 03:10

umakmehrd

Well...that, and they'll have Edelman ready to go in a pinch.

Date: January 13, 2016 03:29

nightskyman
umakmehrd

Well...that, and they'll have Edelman ready to go in a pinch.

unless edelman wasn't as hurt as dez bryant he will be kinda limp

Posted by: DeadHead4Ever ()
Date: January 13, 2016 05:02

Last week all the road teams won. This week look for 3 if not all four of the home teams to win.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 13, 2016 07:33

LA Rams. I like the sound of that! My dad began taking me to Rams games at the coliseum in 1957. He was a season ticket holder until they bolted for St. Louis. So glad to see they're finally returning to LA!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:21

The Hawks are going to beat the Panthers soundly on Sunday. They had their iffy game against Minnesota Sunday & I believe that has given them the boost that will put them over the top. With the exception of the Rams game, the Hawks have been on a roll since the bye week. & they have beaten significant opponents. A. rizona, Pittsburgh, Minnesota twice. Cam Newton might be better physically in a traditional sense than Russ Wilson but not mentally. Wilson has that extra undefinable factor that makes a champion. The evidence is in the record the past 4 years. Wilson is in some rarified air in regards to the start of a career. I never jumped off the Hawk bandwagon but I was having doubts halfway through the season. No more! Let the games begin....PS: sorry haven't been posting here for past few days. I've been mourning David Bowie. His passing hit me hard as he has been 1 of my all time musical heroes for 40 years. I got my 1st Bowie record at about age 13 & have never really moved on. I got into the Stones after that but Bowie was 1 of the first.

Date: January 14, 2016 01:36

Glad your back CR yes that was a shocker especially with the new album released on his B-day I still can't believe it.

I like your enthusiasm regarding the hawks this weekend - not sure they will beat them soundly but let hope the D shuts the door on superman...

GO Hawks..

Date: January 14, 2016 17:14

OK... Did I hear correctly that NYG just promoted their OC to be their new HC to keep the Eagles from hiring him? And now the Eagles are saying they're wanting to talk to the Giants fired head coach about becoming theirs? Not like I'm rooting for either of those teams but I do support a strong NFC east simply to aid in keeping the Cowboys down - when they don't do it themselves anyway.

Closer to home -> Not sure what the Titans are thinking by hiring a personnel guy from Tampa to be their new GM. Also not sure what I think of their idea to promote the interim coach to head coach. Looks like it's going to be a while before the Titans give those of us in E TN anything to look forward to on the NFL side of the game.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 14, 2016 17:30

DaveG
LA Rams. I like the sound of that! My dad began taking me to Rams games at the coliseum in 1957. He was a season ticket holder until they bolted for St. Louis. So glad to see they're finally returning to LA!

I wish the teams would make their names more reflective of where they are. The Cleveland Rams were named after a college team, the Fordham Rams, who are from Bronx, NYC.

Mind blowing, isn't it.

But it's silly. The Utah Jazz? There's no jazz in Utah. Why didn't they change that NBA team name? Why is the NFL Arizona Cardinals still the Cardinals? I don't think there are cardinals in Arizona, they're an eastern bird, from Wisconsin to eastern Texas. Why can't the NFL team have an appropriate name like the Lizards or Cactus?

Then again, they're the oldest football team in the US and started in Chicago. Seeing that the range of the northern cardinal includes both states it probably worked out to keep the name when they moved to St Louis.

But it doesn't now.

The NFL let the Houston/Tennessee Oilers change their name to the Titans.

Of course, there's the Indianapolis Colts... that's real original. At least Cleveland got to change their name to the Ravens when they moved.

Of course, there's the other side, teams that are named after a city they don't play in... Dallas, the New York teams... the LA Rams even at one point.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 14, 2016 17:49

Why are teams moving around anyway? Imagine Manchester United being relocated to Liverpool... smoking smiley

Date: January 14, 2016 18:32

Koen
Why are teams moving around anyway? Imagine Manchester United being relocated to Liverpool... smoking smiley

I'm not sure how to get a pound or Euro symbol on my keyboard so I'll give you the American answer: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (add a bit of ego stroking in and you've got a deal)

If you think that Manchester United wouldn't relocate to Liverpool (or anywhere else), you just haven't thought of a number big enough yet.

M.U. might actually be a bad example of this as I believe they are owned by a publicly traded company which could make it harder for them to be moved than a team owned by a single owner. I still wish I had taken the opportunity to by shares in the Boston Celtics when they were publicly traded for a while (I'm pretty sure they no longer are). That's the only team I'm a big enough fan of to ever want to be a shareholder of.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 14, 2016 18:55

The new stadium in L.A. will be bigger and more expensive than Jerry World.

It's all about the ££££££££££$$$$$$$$$££££££££££!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 14, 2016 19:13

Having lost a team or two, we Seattle fans are familiar with the sting (Pilots, Sonics).
Former Seahawks owner Ken Berhing even packed the team up in the middle of the night and moved them to LA, only to have to turn around and come back when a local deal was made for a new stadium etc.

Kills you as a fan though, but it's all about modern arenas and making more $$$$.

Date: January 15, 2016 20:53

Yep is all about money money money - I'm not a big basketball fan but we lost our Vancouver Grizzlies thanks to a greasy owner just like the Rams owner greasy greasy greasy... Makes me sick.

Anyway - GO HAWKS !!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 15, 2016 21:51

mr_dja
M.U. might actually be a bad example of this as I believe they are owned by a publicly traded company which could make it harder for them to be moved than a team owned by a single owner.

So how about Barcelona and Real Madrid swapping cities? Never going to happen.

Date: January 15, 2016 22:06

Koen
mr_dja
M.U. might actually be a bad example of this as I believe they are owned by a publicly traded company which could make it harder for them to be moved than a team owned by a single owner.

So how about Barcelona and Real Madrid swapping cities? Never going to happen.

What's the old saying? Never say Never.

Although you're probably right, unless the teams are owned by their fans or a group that is more concerned with sport than business, the moment a more lucrative business opportunity is presented is the moment one of those teams starts considering moving it's location. You've got to remember, although the owners of teams enjoy watching those teams win, they are far more concerned about those businesses succeed. The number of wins "between the lines" isn't nearly as important as the numbers "on the bottom line" of the annual (financial) report.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 25 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home