Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 142
Re: What if hardcore fans protested at Stones rehearsals?
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 8, 2017 22:36

buttons67
silly idea, the stones dont owe us anything, we like to moan about setlists as i do too, but the rolling stones have given so many people so much enjoyment over the years and if they want to continue or quit, is a decision that should be respected.

They have not "given" it like a present, people had to pay serious cash for it. Nothing wrong with it, they're professionals, but with the prices they're charging in recent years there's no need for romanticising either.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 8, 2017 22:37

kovach
shortfatfanny

Never seen that picture!

Man, Keith doesn't look like he can bend all his fingers. Amazing he can still play like that.

Charlie is the most professional at flipping the bird.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 8, 2017 22:39

no gomper no peace.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 8, 2017 22:50

kovach
Man, Keith doesn't look like he can bend all his fingers. Amazing he can still play like that.

Open-G, baby

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: March 8, 2017 23:01

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 9, 2017 00:20

Maybe they take hardcore fans for granted and instead pay more attention to "tourists" and the corporate people? Commander is a former LSE dropout after all.
I can't say I have noticed that they ever have paid attention to what we are talking about here on IORR. Commander seems to be more into social media anyway...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-09 01:08 by Stoneage.

Date: March 9, 2017 00:54

Stoneage
Maybe they take hardcore fans for granted and instead pay more attention to "tourists" and the corporate people? Commander is a former LSA dropout after all.
I can't say I have noticed that they ever have paid attention to what we are talking about here on IORR. Commander seems to be more into social media anyway...

Sway in 2006. Chuck smiling smiley

Date: March 9, 2017 00:55

Rockman

grinning smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 9, 2017 01:53

Maybe someone could turn up with a van and a massive boombox and play Satisfaction, JJF, IORR, SMU, Sympathy, BS .......etc etc........really really loud until they are sick of it and call the police ........... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 9, 2017 02:10

That picture of the Stones flippin' the bird...sad. They look like a bunch of old geezers tryin' too hard to prove their still relevant. What's next? P*ssin' up against a wall to show attitude if not bladder relief?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 9, 2017 08:45

This is the most hilarious post I have ever read here. What is incredible is that the OP is apparently serious.

You can protest if the setlists are not to your liking. You can vote with your feet - just don't go.

"Twenty thousand grandmas wave their hankies in the air" - Mick must be psychic.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 9, 2017 08:46

I can just see it. 14 sixty-somethings protesting the set lists of four seventy-somethings.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 9, 2017 08:46

Rockman

>grinning smiley<

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2017 09:17

I like what they play. That is why I go to concerts and rehearsals. If you don't like what they play then how can you be a fan of something they don't normally do?

Bjornulf

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 9, 2017 09:36

As you are spending hundreds of quid of your hard earned money, you might as well have a great time and let yourself go for a couple of hours. Still the thought of seeing a handful of people protesting about set lists has incredible entertainment value.grinning smiley

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 9, 2017 10:05

I like to listen to following songs live:

CITADEL

TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE

DONCHA BOTHER ME

WINTER

TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE

COMING DOWN AGAIN

DEAR DOCTOR

PLUNDERED MY SOUL

SOUL SURVIVOR

I DON'T KNOW WHY (from Metamorphosis)

JIVING SISTER FUNNY

I'm living in hope the Stones will play some of this songs live!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 9, 2017 10:18

The winner seem to be Jig-Saw Puzzle, Coming Down Again & We Love You. Could somebody please inform CL?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 9, 2017 10:26

In 2017 setlists don't matter anymore. The odd numbers seldom comes out well anyway and if they tour in 2017 it probably will be a short tour. I guess the tour will be a continuation of the 2014 tour.
85 percent warhorses and 15 percent less (more or less...) played songs. And we can't turn back time. Neither we or the band...

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 9, 2017 11:19

Jig-Zaw Puzzle and Coming Down Again are the two songs that really should be tried now we're in the twilight zone... Another go at Let It Loose and 100 Years Ago would also be brilliant....

Date: March 9, 2017 11:19

wupperstein
I like to listen to following songs live:

CITADEL

TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE

DONCHA BOTHER ME

WINTER

TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE

COMING DOWN AGAIN

DEAR DOCTOR

PLUNDERED MY SOUL

SOUL SURVIVOR

I DON'T KNOW WHY (from Metamorphosis)

JIVING SISTER FUNNY

I'm living in hope the Stones will play some of this songs live!

I'd like to hear that one, too. Would be funny winking smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 9, 2017 11:20

And TWFN of course,,,,,

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 9, 2017 11:24

bv
I like what they play. That is why I go to concerts and rehearsals. If you don't like what they play then how can you be a fan of something they don't normally do?

Come on!

Go back and read your VERY excited reviews of those (all in all rare) concerts when the Stones mixed the set list a little or debuted a new song. Can't we all hope for some more of this excitement?

It's just chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta anyway!

C

Date: March 9, 2017 11:28

MadMax
Jig-Zaw Puzzle and Coming Down Again are the two songs that really should be tried now we're in the twilight zone... Another go at Let It Loose and 100 Years Ago would also be brilliant....

Coming Down Again is the only one of the discussed songs that actually might happen, Jig-Saw Puzzle maybe in an arena. We Love You was a joke single, it wouldn't work live. Didn't Keith explain in some interview why he doesn't do Coming Down Again?

Date: March 9, 2017 11:38

Monsoon Ragoon
MadMax

Coming Down Again is the only one of the discussed songs that actually might happen, Jig-Saw Puzzle maybe in an arena. We Love You was a joke single, it wouldn't work live. Didn't Keith explain in some interview why he doesn't do Coming Down Again?

Didn't Keith say that he will never perform Coming Down Again in concert? Personal reasons, if memory serves.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 9, 2017 11:49

Palace Revolution 2000
COTM doesn't have many breaks and funny sounds. Its a very straight forward song.
But just like 'We Love You'( i used to try and plug that one for years) I think even on the off chance that they get through the Jagger filter, and are in setlist, they would come off a mere shadow; it would be lip service to a great song. Like 'Sway'.
And Jagger DOES have the pipes and the power. He just won't stand still and sing. He thinks that everyone wants to see him gyrating the entire show.

Maybe we know different versions.
[www.youtube.com]

intro: guitar rhytms, drums entering, funny noises.
0.56 break
1:30 Bagpipe (? or something)
1:45 break
1:45 - 2:00 intermezzo
2:00 break

All of things are tricky to do in a stadium where parts of a song reaches parts of the audience with different delay-times. But oh well, we all need a pee-break sometimes.

Date: March 9, 2017 12:00

matxil
Palace Revolution 2000
COTM doesn't have many breaks and funny sounds. Its a very straight forward song.
But just like 'We Love You'( i used to try and plug that one for years) I think even on the off chance that they get through the Jagger filter, and are in setlist, they would come off a mere shadow; it would be lip service to a great song. Like 'Sway'.
And Jagger DOES have the pipes and the power. He just won't stand still and sing. He thinks that everyone wants to see him gyrating the entire show.

[www.youtube.com]

0.56 break

All of things are tricky to do in a stadium where parts of a song reaches parts of the audience with different delay-times. But oh well, we all need a pee-break sometimes.

One of those breaks is tricky indeed (I haven't been able to get it right myself..). Sounds a bit like «art by accident».

They could re-arrange it a bit, and make a «road version» of it, though smiling smiley

Date: March 9, 2017 12:19

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
MadMax

Didn't Keith say that he will never perform Coming Down Again in concert? Personal reasons, if memory serves.

Coming Down Again would fit music-wise. If you can do You Got The Silver or even Thru And Thru in a stadium, then it is possible. But I also remember Keith explained somewhere why he doesn't do it.

Date: March 9, 2017 12:21

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
MadMax

Coming Down Again would fit music-wise. If you can do You Got The Silver or even Thru And Thru in a stadium, then it is possible. But I also remember Keith explained somewhere why he doesn't do it.

It would be very welcomed in the setlist indeed. My favourite GHS-track!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 9, 2017 12:37

DandelionPowderman
matxil
Palace Revolution 2000

[www.youtube.com]

0.56 break

One of those breaks is tricky indeed (I haven't been able to get it right myself..). Sounds a bit like «art by accident».

They could re-arrange it a bit, and make a «road version» of it, though smiling smiley

With the main role for Chuck Leavell?

Date: March 9, 2017 12:38

matxil
DandelionPowderman
matxil
Palace Revolution 2000

[www.youtube.com]

0.56 break

With the main role for Chuck Leavell?

I bet he can do something similar to mellotron-maestro Brian Jones in that break (even if Keith muffles up the chords) winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home