Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 142
Re: if u could pick 1 song the stones havw never played
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 7, 2017 20:29

DandelionPowderman
There is no reason why Child Of The Moon wouldn't work. Play it!

Jagger can't sing these loooooong notes anymore. As much as I love COTM, it's actually one of my favourite Stones tracks, I fear live on stage he would kill the song just like Sway.

Re: if u could pick 1 song the stones havw never played
Date: March 7, 2017 20:33

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
There is no reason why Child Of The Moon wouldn't work. Play it!

Jagger can't sing these loooooong notes anymore. As much as I love COTM, it's actually one of my favourite Stones tracks, I fear live on stage he would kill the song just like Sway.

I thought he improved on tracks like Sway and MM for the SF Live-album. I'd say he still got it, if he could bother, that is.

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Date: March 7, 2017 21:21

COTM doesn't have many breaks and funny sounds. Its a very straight forward song.
But just like 'We Love You'( i used to try and plug that one for years) I think even on the off chance that they get through the Jagger filter, and are in setlist, they would come off a mere shadow; it would be lip service to a great song. Like 'Sway'.
And Jagger DOES have the pipes and the power. He just won't stand still and sing. He thinks that everyone wants to see him gyrating the entire show.

What if hardcore fans protested at Stones rehearsals?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 8, 2017 19:28

With all these "organized" political protests here in the USA, my attention wandered to setlist complaints. Could organized vocal protests at Stones rehearsal sites attract the attention of the both the media and band in a favorable way? Yeah it sounds petty, maybe even silly, but what other methods have been successful? The band never listens to the hardcore fan base, nothing ever comes from the myriad of posts on this site complaining about setlist options. Does anyone have a better idea?

Instead of people loitering around trying to act cool and maybe catch a glimpse of a band member, get an autograph, or even get invited in for a session, what if fifty or a hundred people marched around peacefully with signs saying we want to hear "Doncha Bother Me," or "Slave," or "Stupid Girl," or "The Lantern," or "We Love You," etc...

I would say it's never been tried, but I'll bet it would get their attention, and the media. Just a thought, and it really could work, what do you think? Time is running out.

Re: What if hardcore fans protested at Stones rehearsals?
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 8, 2017 19:34

Ummm - if that happened there might just be a teeny weeny chance that they'd decide "Stuff it" and not do any shows at all so I'd say that would be a very bad idea.... winking smiley

Date: March 8, 2017 19:37

grzegorz67
Ummm - if that happened there might just be a teeny weeny chance that they'd decide "Stuff it" and not do any shows at all so I'd say that would be a very bad idea.... winking smiley

That would never ever happen. The reason, money and publicity.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 8, 2017 19:43

Keef just might unstrap his guitar and bludgeon you with it smiling smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 8, 2017 19:47

I think people would look at you and laugh and feel bad for you ...

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 8, 2017 19:49

The Sicilian
what if fifty or a hundred people marched around peacefully with signs saying we want to hear "Doncha Bother Me," or "Slave," or "Stupid Girl," or "The Lantern," or "We Love You," etc...

"Doncha Bother Me" would be the Stones' response...

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: March 8, 2017 19:55

'...fifty or a hundred people...'

The band wouldn't take any notice. Tens of thousands of customers will already have bought tickets.

If it was a slow news day, protestors may receive some coverage, but I doubt it would be positive. They'd face mockery, as the epitome of the First World problem epidemic.

Look at the state of the world. Of all the things you could protest about, you chose the fact that the Stones' setlists are too predictable. It would look ridiculous.

I appreciate the intent, but not the approach. Jagger's management maintain a strong presence on social media. If you wanted to get the attention of the band, would it not be more effective to bombard the various social media accounts run in Jagger's name?

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 8, 2017 19:59

Ridiculous idea. And I think they do pay attention to setlist complaints. We'd never have had Sway or Can You Hear Me Knocking if someone wasn't listening somewhere. Or a blues album or Sticky Fingers club show and album download. If you're listening I'll ask for Plundered My Soul

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: March 8, 2017 20:02

George Soros( main protester backer$$$) has no clue who the Stones are....

Date: March 8, 2017 20:07

Olly
'...fifty or a hundred people...'

The band wouldn't take any notice. Tens of thousands of customers will already have bought tickets.

If it was a slow news day, protestors may receive some coverage, but I doubt it would be positive. They'd face mockery, as the epitome of the First World problem epidemic.

Look at the state of the world. Of all the things you could protest about, you chose the fact that the Stones' setlists are too predictable. It would look ridiculous.

I appreciate the intent, but not the approach. Jagger's management maintain a strong presence on social media. If you wanted to get the attention of the band, would it not be more effective to bombard the various social media accounts run in Jagger's name?

Yeah, social media could put a dent in it, but rehearsals are where the songs get played.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 8, 2017 20:32

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 8, 2017 20:36

What percentage of the audience do you think is composed of "hard core" fans?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2017 20:36

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 8, 2017 20:39

The Sicilian
With all these "organized" political protests here in the USA, my attention wandered to setlist complaints. Could organized vocal protests at Stones rehearsal sites attract the attention of the both the media and band in a favorable way? Yeah it sounds petty, maybe even silly, but what other methods have been successful? The band never listens to the hardcore fan base, nothing ever comes from the myriad of posts on this site complaining about setlist options. Does anyone have a better idea?

Instead of people loitering around trying to act cool and maybe catch a glimpse of a band member, get an autograph, or even get invited in for a session, what if fifty or a hundred people marched around peacefully with signs saying we want to hear "Doncha Bother Me," or "Slave," or "Stupid Girl," or "The Lantern," or "We Love You," etc...

I would say it's never been tried, but I'll bet it would get their attention, and the media. Just a thought, and it really could work, what do you think? Time is running out.

Sorry, but this is the most ridiculous post I have ever read on iorr. Just be thankful if they will ever perform again. They gave us so much fun the last few years. The played rare songs like I wanna be your man, emotional rescue, she's a rainbow, 2000 light years, out of control, moonlight mile and many others.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: March 8, 2017 20:39

Perhaps the best course of action would be not to go to their concerts.

I would like to thank the Stones for saving me hundreds of pounds as I haven't seen hem since they played the O2 on the A Bigger Bang tour and the set list was predictable back then!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2017 20:54

I fall firmly in the camp of just enjoy and be grateful for whatever live music they choose to still play.. I would never "protest" the band.

I also don't think a "protest" would be able to gather enough people to have an impact. An online petition/request would make more sense.

Best yet would be to resurrect the idea of a bunch of hardcore fans pooling their money and hiring them for a private gig. It would take someone with credibility and access like bv to spearhead it, but if 1000 of us kicked in $2000 a piece we would have $2M. Perhaps not enough still, but in the neighborhood, and if enough interest maybe up the attendance. Also believe it would be enough to get the bands attention and perhaps be something they could get behind.

Lots of obstacles such as locale and legal issues, but there are also lots of professionals in the fanbase to help pull it off. Wouldn't need a huge venue, could vote on location and maybe even setlist options..

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 8, 2017 21:04

Stones security would be called out to remove the six or seven people involved.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 8, 2017 21:08

$2000.00 YEAH RIGHT

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 8, 2017 21:13

that would be awesome.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2017 21:24

TheGreek
$2000.00 YEAH RIGHT

OK
Your failure to elaborate leaves much to the imagination.

$1000? (I've paid more for a single show)..
More people...?? Bad concept? Do tell.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 8, 2017 21:27

silly idea, the stones dont owe us anything, we like to moan about setlists as i do too, but the rolling stones have given so many people so much enjoyment over the years and if they want to continue or quit, is a decision that should be respected.

Date: March 8, 2017 21:33

roller99
What percentage of the audience do you think is composed of "hard core" fans?

At least every person that hangs outside a rehearsal session and most everyone on this site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-08 21:35 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 8, 2017 21:37

shortfatfanny

Never seen that picture!

Man, Keith doesn't look like he can bend all his fingers. Amazing he can still play like that.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 8, 2017 21:38

Maybe if you get twenty thousand grandmas with their hankies in the air.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 8, 2017 21:38

MisterDDDD
I fall firmly in the camp of just enjoy and be grateful for whatever live music they choose to still play.. I would never "protest" the band.

I also don't think a "protest" would be able to gather enough people to have an impact. An online petition/request would make more sense.

Best yet would be to resurrect the idea of a bunch of hardcore fans pooling their money and hiring them for a private gig. It would take someone with credibility and access like bv to spearhead it, but if 1000 of us kicked in $2000 a piece we would have $2M. Perhaps not enough still, but in the neighborhood, and if enough interest maybe up the attendance. Also believe it would be enough to get the bands attention and perhaps be something they could get behind.

Lots of obstacles such as locale and legal issues, but there are also lots of professionals in the fanbase to help pull it off. Wouldn't need a huge venue, could vote on location and maybe even setlist options..

Are you suggesting a kickstarter or gofundme campain to hear, say, "Turd on the Run"?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 8, 2017 21:43

They could post a selfie on iorrrrrr

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 8, 2017 22:24

kovach
shortfatfanny

Never seen that picture!

Man, Keith doesn't look like he can bend all his fingers. Amazing he can still play like that.
..you can find it in "UNCUT" 236... january 2017...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home