Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...141142143144145146147148149150151...LastNext
Current Page: 146 of 153
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: May 21, 2024 01:46

I would like something from the next album, a preview.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 21, 2024 08:53

They've had an established HOT ROCKS/REWIND set since 1989.

Everyone here knows that.

Whatever tour, and it's fewer now than it used to be, for new songs this go around - 4 are involved. The BANG tour got down to 2 on average.

So the 2024 tour is way up in comparison.

With the break between Seattle and New Jersey, maybe they'll play Depending On You or Get Close or Driving Me Too Hard or Keith will play Tell Me Straight.

Why not? They want to promote the new album, right?

Right?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 21, 2024 10:02

cyclist
TheBadRabbit
I'm beginning to think that Keith is the weak link in this band, and the reason they don't get more "adventurous" onstage is because they can only do those songs that are well-rehearsed and/or come with some degree of confidence that Keith can play them.

I love Keith, but I agree entirely. Sure, Miss You could be replaced by three deep cuts, but that would probably turn out very poorly.

i don't know keith usually plays sfm, monkey man, out of time, wild horses, she's a rainbow, dancing with mr. d, and let it bleed pretty well in recent years and i'd welcome any three of these (or cyhmk) over miss you

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 23, 2024 04:16

Really hoping for Out Of Time in Atlanta - looks like it's gone,

IORR or YGMR again

Date: May 23, 2024 04:18

Why am I complaining? $425 for a ticket

Don't give me the "be glad for anything" or "stay home" crap.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: May 23, 2024 10:27

Elmo Lewis
Really hoping for Out Of Time in Atlanta - looks like it's gone,

IORR or YGMR again

Very unfortunate. It was the song of the tour in Europe.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: May 23, 2024 10:41

TravellinMan

Rubbish! They dropped Out Of Time due to its unknownness. How much sense would make playing songs absolutely noone knows?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 23, 2024 14:43

Elmo Lewis

I feel for you, but I am afraid that because of the expensive ticket prices, they play the kind of set lists they play in order to most of the people (= casual fans and tourists) will hear what they pay for. We diehard fans with our wishes do not have that much substance (our wallets do not weigh that much)...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-23 14:45 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 23, 2024 14:48

Elmo Lewis

Don't give me the "be glad for anything" or "stay home" crap.

You were going to be paying them, or scalpers.

And BTW, I've been able to easily score lucky dip tickets for every show I wanted to go to since they were introduced. They aren't widely known about, but true fans, everyone on this board does know about them.

I'm not aware of any other artist that does this. It's awesome, I'm seeing the most iconic band of the last 6 decades for prices not seen since Steel Wheels.

So...yeah, why are you complaining?

Date: May 23, 2024 15:50

Very eager to see how the first double header will turn out setlist wise.

Must be interesting be sure.

I expect to hear (over 2 shows) Shattered, Depending on You, Bite my Head off, Tell me Straight and JJF as an opener at one of the shows. Maybe also time to put in Dead Flowers/Angie .

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: May 23, 2024 16:52

PaintMonkeyManBlack

I expect to hear (over 2 shows) Shattered, Depending on You, Bite my Head off, Tell me Straight and JJF as an opener at one of the shows. Maybe also time to put in Dead Flowers/Angie .

Me too, but if they open with JJF what song will close out the main set? My guess is they open with SFM or Start Me Up as usual. They may move other things around however.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 23, 2024 19:56

FeelslikeaGhost
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Me too, but if they open with JJF what song will close out the main set? My guess is they open with SFM or Start Me Up as usual. They may move other things around however.

I think they'll choose GOOMC at one of the shows!

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 23, 2024 22:01

hockenheim95
FeelslikeaGhost
PaintMonkeyManBlack

I think they'll choose GOOMC at one of the shows!

Or LSTNT like in LA 21...

If Mick asks me, i go with Rambler in intro to keep our mouths shut smiling smiley

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 23, 2024 23:14

Or if they surprised us and opened with Brown Sugar. That would be cool...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-23 23:15 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 23, 2024 23:35

TravellinMan

Mick says nobody wants to hear anything from your new album, let alone from your NEXT album!

Last time Miss You wasn’t played live?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 27, 2024 17:13

Before last night (not including Racket), when was the last time Miss You wasn’t played live?

Re: Last time Miss You wasn’t played live?
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 27, 2024 17:24

For me the last show they did’t play Miss You was in Goffert Park 8 June 2007. I’ve seen 33 shows since then. No problem for me if they skip it smiling bouncing smiley
They played it 65 times at shows I attended, 90 from New York 1989

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 27, 2024 17:35

I have seen loads of gigs without Miss You, Werchter and Paris 2007, Cirkus 2003 etc etc.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 27, 2024 17:49

Maybe that show when they played Sticky Fingers completely?

Date: May 27, 2024 18:12

I have seen a few smaller shows where they skipped Miss You but I really don't keep track of what shows.

It has been a bit over played.

Nice to hear Rambler in its place. Better crowd reaction, I think.

Date: May 27, 2024 18:56

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 27, 2024 19:14

Budokan 2003 for me.

It’s an arena show but they not only dropped Miss You but also SFTD and YCAGWYW.

See? They are not indispensable.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 27, 2024 23:42

02 arena 21/8/07.

There were 8 shows that tour where it wasnt played. On the Sep-Nov 2006 North American leg it was only actually played about 6 times in 16 shows.

The only two occasions since 2007 where it hasnt been played were the 'Sticky Fingers' show at the Wiltern in 2015 and the RacketNYC gig last October, but neither of those were full length concerts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-27 23:44 by Gazza.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 28, 2024 00:06

Wow, so the very small theatre/promo gigs aside, we are talking basically 17 years for a standard concert to not feature Miss You i.e. Bigger Bang - and that's every main show since their 2012 comeback!

Hopefully this demonstrates that, if they wanted to, they could rotate the warhorse section some more without causing outrage. The reviews have still been great - and I think the same would hold whether people heard LSTNT or GOOMC, Street Fighting Man or Tumbling Dice (despite that being my favourite) etc.

I did write in my review of Thursday that I think with the Harmonica, Bass and Sax solos coupled with lots of jamming around the verse and chorus in Miss You was becoming a little unwieldy so giving this a little break/rotation may help freshen it up.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 28, 2024 00:11

well they didnt play any concerts between 2007 and 2012 and there were no full scale shows in 2020 or 2023 either

Agree re rotating warhorses.

JJF, Satisfaction, Tumbling Dice, HTW, Start Me Up and (until its retirement in 2019) Brown Sugar were warhorses that were all far closer to being omnipresent than Miss You over the last few decades. 'Miss You' was dropped for the 'No Security tour' (as was 'Satisfaction') and was rarely played in 2002-03 due to the format used for that tour

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 28, 2024 01:49

They didn't play it the first time I saw them in 06.

Paint In Black, Gimme Shelter, Happy, Miss You, and You Can't Always Get What You Want were all big songs I didn't see at my first show. They have too many hits to play em all every night.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 28, 2024 09:42

During the European part of the Licks tour in the summer of 2003 they only performed it 10 times and 4 of those performances were at the last 5 shows on the Iberian peninsula.

I've never thought about it. That tour was THE best regarding mixing up setlists.
Happy days!smileys with beer

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 28, 2024 10:00

I would have no problem if they skipped it. I never liked this disco track. I remember that Keith pointed out the Blues structure of the song. Thus, it would be interesting if they played it as Blues.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 28, 2024 12:21

From the "40" gigs i've seen :

Bercy paris 2003
Stade de France 2007
St Sebastian 2007

Date: May 28, 2024 14:26

El Mocambo 1977?

Just kidding - but it seems like it.....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...141142143144145146147148149150151...LastNext
Current Page: 146 of 153

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2109
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home