Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145Next
Current Page: 143 of 145
Re: Only 1 song
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 3, 2024 16:01

Keith'll be back with 2. I'm sure he'd like to work out the new cut.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 3, 2024 16:03

My thought is to make room for a new song or rarely played one. Also, might have something to do with the bathroom break some people take during his set.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 3, 2024 21:08

I think that 1 song Keith's set is here to stay. Apparently they decided to cut down the setlist from 19 to 18 songs permanently. But this time, with new songs in the set, they decided to reduce Keith's set instead of regular set.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 3, 2024 21:19

My guess is, for whatever reason, Keith and the band only want one song with Keith singing lead in the 18 song set. If he feels and they feel like adding another, I'm sure he/they will.

Date: May 3, 2024 21:26

We are lucky to get a tour at all.

I think he is only playing on song to appeal to the complainers.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 4, 2024 14:17

I doubt Tell Me Straight a 3 minute ballad would take much energy out of him so its my guess Keith is demoted to 1 song.
Hope I'm wrong though

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 4, 2024 15:05

Keith is really struggling to sing. He’s also struggling to remember lyrics; his eyes stay parked on the TelePrompter during the verses, and, even then, he’s not finding his place. I think there’s a chance he’ll resume his standard two-song set, but as of now, he’s just not feeling it.

The idea that Mick is keeping him down against his will is patently ridiculous.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 4, 2024 15:45

Back in the days he would do Happy, but even with Jagger in the chorus. When did he switch to 2 solo songs?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 4, 2024 15:48

Whether the switch to one song is health related or not, there can be no doubt that Keith was under the weather for the Houston show. This became clear when it came time for the bows and Mick very clearly wanted nothing to do with being close to Keith. It was very obvious. I wasn’t in New Orleans so can’t speak to that at all. But from the absolute refusal of Mick to get too close to Keith in Houston, Keith was definitely not feeling well.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 4, 2024 16:36

Koen
Back in the days he would do Happy, but even with Jagger in the chorus. When did he switch to 2 solo songs?

It began when the band re-grouped for the Steel Wheels tour.

Date: May 4, 2024 16:40

MelBelli
Keith is really struggling to sing. He’s also struggling to remember lyrics; his eyes stay parked on the TelePrompter during the verses, and, even then, he’s not finding his place. I think there’s a chance he’ll resume his standard two-song set, but as of now, he’s just not feeling it.

The idea that Mick is keeping him down against his will is patently ridiculous.

He's been forgetting the words since 81' that's normal for him.
You might get 3 songs from Keith when Mick's voice starts to go.

Date: May 4, 2024 16:44

LOL

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: May 4, 2024 16:52

My new bathroom break is when they play Angry!

Date: May 4, 2024 16:57

Thousands will be queuing, you'll never get to the bathroom during Angry.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 4, 2024 16:59

Sighunt
Koen

So it is the modern Stones thing? That makes me feel amused (no explanation necessary I guessgrinning smiley).

With or without Covid —

The party has just begun. Going along one song or redeeming two songs later, it’s too early to come to a conclusion, folks.

Date: May 4, 2024 17:27

RisingStone
Sighunt
Koen

So it is the modern Stones thing? That makes me feel amused (no explanation necessary I guessgrinning smiley).

With or without Covid —

The party has just begun. Going along one song or redeeming two songs later, it’s too early to come to a conclusion, folks.

I think you'll have your answer when it comes to Glendale. OR...I'll let you know when it comes to Seattle...woo hoo!

Date: May 4, 2024 18:16

MelBelli
LOL

I think it was the desert trip a few tours ago, Keith playing 3 songs so Mick could save his voice a bit.

Yep 22nd October 2016, Keith played Slipping Away, Little T&A and Happy, and he played them well with high energy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-04 18:23 by keefriffhards.

Date: May 4, 2024 18:29

Your point?

It’s 2024.

If you think Keith is playing with high energy, I have some waterfront property you might consider purchasing.

Date: May 4, 2024 18:40

MelBelli
Your point?

It’s 2024.

If you think Keith is playing with high energy, I have some waterfront property you might consider purchasing.

You know i was referring to the desert trip.
Keith now looks a little bloated, that usually signals one thing, so yeah he's down on energy.
But I'm sure he'll be back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-04 18:41 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 4, 2024 18:52

keefriffhards
Thousands will be queuing, you'll never get to the bathroom during Angry.

Still here?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 4, 2024 18:53

I don't have no 'bathroom break'

Date: May 4, 2024 19:25

waterrats
I don't have no 'bathroom break'

Strong bladder

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2024 19:28

Well, if this needs to be somehow linked to Jagger, let me act idiot as well and settle this matter once and for all: Mick is feeling stronger than he has been for the last 35 years, so he don't need to have that long rest in the middle of show any longer: a shorter break will do, so Keith needs to cover his ass for only one song now. Keith also feels relieved: 'my bloody thing in this goddamn band is not to sing some vocals and act stupid frontman - that's someone else's @#$%&' task'.. smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-04 19:29 by Doxa.

Date: May 4, 2024 19:32

Doxa
Well, if this needs to be somehow linked to Jagger, let me act idiot as well and settle this matter once and for all: Mick is feeling stronger than he has been for the last 35 years, so he don't need to have that long rest in the middle of show any longer: a shorter break will do, so Keith needs to cover his ass for only one song now. Keith also feels relieved: 'my bloody thing in this goddamn band is not to sing some vocals and act stupid frontman - that's someone else's @#$%&' task'.. smoking smiley

- Doxa

I have to admit Mick is looking seriously energised and even running again, so I'm sure you nailed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-04 20:32 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: May 4, 2024 20:36

Let's have a song from Ronnie now that Keith has made room.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2024 21:30

TravellinMan

It's getting there: didn't he do backing vocals to "Angry"? When was the last time? 1982?

- Doxa

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 4, 2024 21:37

Doxa
TravellinMan

It's getting there: didn't he do backing vocals to "Angry"? When was the last time? 1982?

- Doxa

I think Ronnie was doing backing during 94/95 tour pretty regulary. I think he also did backing for Star Star during 02/03 tour.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 4, 2024 22:01

TravellinMan

You want Ronnie to do a non Rolling stones song during a Rolling Stones concert. But just not a cover but something from his solo works? You're not serious?

Date: May 4, 2024 22:20

Doxa
TravellinMan

- Doxa

I'd nominate "Why'd Ya Have To Go And Do a Thing Like That For", awesome cut from I Feel Like Playing.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: May 4, 2024 23:54

There are quite a few Ronnie songs I like including covers. Chains. You Really Got a Hold On Me. Outlaws. And lots on the album Doxa just mentioned. But in a concert setting I would lean towards one that works live. Leaving Here or even Testify w Bernard on vocals. I do routinely skip Billy Preston songs on the 76 boots.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145Next
Current Page: 143 of 145

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home