Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: What´s the thing with argentinians and the stones?
Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:16

Olly's comment were on the money. Well done Olly. Peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:18

Olly
I'm reminded of various instances of things being thrown on stage:

- Jagger catching underwear thrown at his face during Live At The Max.

- Flowers thrown at the B-stage in Saitama in 2006.

- The fan who threw himself on stage and collided with Richards' guitar (winking smiley) at Hampton in 1981.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:24

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
JumpinJeppeFlash
I don´t intend to offend anyone here, i just find it very interesting that so many seem to think argentinian fans are the best in the world just because they are screaming, jumping and throwing flags at concerts? I don´t get it, a rockconcert is not a game of soccer, i just write about things that i have experienced myself and i have seen these argentinian fans behave the same way on a few occasions before, the latest one being Orlando this year and i don´t find it that amusing like the majority here seem to do.

listen, give JumpinJeppeFlash a break. He went to see a show and for him it got ruined. I have had a knife pulled on me for no good reason at a Stones show. it Happens. Ass holes can ruin the experience of enjoying a show. By getting to pissed and too Aggressive. I have been to concerts with Clapton and James blunt and several others when a slow song was being played, and it got ruined because people were just to over the top wrecked, and basically a pain shouting over a song like wonderful tonight. it completely spoils the performance.
But i would add its not about nationalities, ass holes come in all nationalities, us Brits can be the worst in my experience.. too too much drink, they cant even remember being there the next day lol.

I'd say you're show was ruined before you even got to the event with that lineup! eye popping smiley

The wife made me go with her lol sad smiley

Date: July 7, 2015 23:26

Cristiano Radtke
Olly

- The fan who threw himself on stage and collided with Richards' guitar (winking smiley) at Hampton in 1981.

Jaggers thinking Hey i could earn some extra money on the car bootsale selling all these shoes winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 23:29 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:30

keefriffhards
Cristiano Radtke
Olly

Jaggers thinking Hey i could earn some extra money on the car bootsale selling all rhese shoes winking smiley

Nice post. I remember the first time I saw that photograph and thinking 'Why would so many people throw their shoes on the stage?'

Did they bring extras for that express purpose or did they get sore feet walking home?

Olly.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:41

latebloomer
I would much rather see fans screaming and jumping up and down during a Stones show than texting on their phones. I don't mind people having a good time around me, though I do sympathize that sometimes it can be distracting. But that's the difference between going to a concert and listening to one in your own home. You can't control the environment, so best to just go with the flow and take in the entire experience. It's all in your attitude, so I say, get in there and hoot and holler with the Argentinians, Jumping Jeppe. I'm sure they'd welcome you. smiling smiley
Lovely response - I know what the Stones prefer when playing to a live audience.thumbs up

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:42

Ok. Throwing flags is dangerous, throwing bra is dangerous.... I think that we are a little exagerating.. W Argentina and w argentinian fans !

Date: July 7, 2015 23:47

Olly
keefriffhards
Cristiano Radtke
Olly

Jaggers thinking Hey i could earn some extra money on the car bootsale selling all rhese shoes winking smiley

Nice post. I remember the first time I saw that photograph and thinking 'Why would so many people throw their shoes on the stage?'

Did they bring extras for that express purpose or did they get sore feet walking home?

wonder what possessed them. was it like, well if the stage is good enough for your shoes then its good enough for mine too. I wonder who they were aiming at. was Keith having an off night. i also looked at the picture and thought, its going to be a long walk home for some of them

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:55

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:20 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: July 8, 2015 00:04

JumpinJeppeFlash
Once more, can somebody here explain to me what makes argentinian fans special, "best in the world" "fantastic" and so on? I don´t understand at all, it must be something else besides screaming, jumping and throwing flags?

They haven't categorically been defined as such.

It is just an opinion, nothing more.

Olly.

Date: July 8, 2015 00:15

JumpinJeppeFlash
Once more, can somebody here explain to me what makes argentinian fans special, "best in the world" "fantastic" and so on? I don´t understand at all, it must be something else besides screaming, jumping and throwing flags?

They're different from the fans of another countries and it's all about passion. It's not hard to understand that. Some fans perhaps only have respect for the Stones, hence the reason for them to just sit and watch the concert, unlike the Argentinians. The way they act at any event (a Stones concert - or any other band concert - or a football match) has to do with that passion. Some people like that and some people don't, just the same way there's people attending a concert who doesn't like if the rest of the audience are just sitting like if they were at the opera or at the church.

Like exhpart posted above, you can try to see some portions of the Biggest Bang DVD with the scenes filmed in Argentina. Pay attention to what the Stones themselves say there, and maybe you will understand.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 00:22

Best are most likely at Mad Sq Garden

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 8, 2015 00:30

Ron Wood said on the Biggest Bang DVd that there's something really special about the Argentinian shows - I guess he's obliged to say that in front of all the gigs....."Oh there's something really special about playing our hometown of London blaah blah...."....... - but having watched the clips from the 06 Buenos Aires show, he sounded real and I know what he's talking about - simple, the Stones are a party band and the Argies know how to party,,,,,,,,,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 00:41 by EddieByword.

Date: July 8, 2015 00:32

Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

They're different from the fans of another countries and it's all about passion. It's not hard to understand that. Some fans perhaps only have respect for the Stones, hence the reason for them to just sit and watch the concert, unlike the Argentinians. The way they act at any event (a Stones concert - or any other band concert - or a football match) has to do with that passion. Some people like that and some people don't, just the same way there's people attending a concert who doesn't like if the rest of the audience are just sitting like if they were at the opera or at the church.

Like exhpart posted above, you can try to see some portions of the Biggest Bang DVD with the scenes filmed in Argentina. Pay attention to what the Stones themselves say there, and maybe you will understand.

Yes, but this doesn't come anywhere close to answering the question.

'Passion' is not exclusively found in Argentina, whether in concert-goers or the general population.

You mention football matches. Come and see a football match played in the North of England, at Anfield, Old Trafford, Elland Road: these crowds will demonstrate just as much passion as those in Argentina.

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 00:35 by Olly.

Date: July 8, 2015 00:34

-

Date: July 8, 2015 00:35

Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

'Passion' is not exclusively found in Argentina, whether in concert-goers or the general population.

You mention football matches. Come and see a football match played in the North of England, at Anfield, Old Trafford, Elland Road: these crowds will demonstrate just as much passion as those in Argentina.

I already did that. winking smiley

And you're right, the passion the English crowds demonstrate on a football match it's perhaps the same as we can see in Argentina, but it's not the same way when it comes to concerts.

Date: July 8, 2015 00:38

-

Date: July 8, 2015 00:43

Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

come on Cristiano you don't measure passion by jumping and shouting. that's crap and you know it.. i am very passionate about many things in life but i don't have to jump and shout about it. i love the stones but i would rather take it all in when i see them than jump up and down. now take me to a nightclub and play the stones, i get out my air guitar out and ill play and jump as good as any man, but it ain't passion

Date: July 8, 2015 00:44

JumpinJeppeFlash
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

That´s a very good point and it somewhat shows the odd arguments people are having here trying to explain why argentinian fans are so fantastic etc.

If you watch the footage 2006 Argentina 2006 and Twickenham 2006 but can't see the difference for yourself, no one can answer your query......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 00:44 by EddieByword.

Date: July 8, 2015 00:44

-

Date: July 8, 2015 00:47

EddieByword
JumpinJeppeFlash
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

That´s a very good point and it somewhat shows the odd arguments people are having here trying to explain why argentinian fans are so fantastic etc.

If you watch the footage 2006 Argentina 2006 and Twickenham 2006 but can't see the difference for yourself, no one can answer your query......

There's nothing more to say, Eddie has said it all. smileys with beer

Date: July 8, 2015 00:50

JumpinJeppeFlash
Olly

It is more a question of culture; lifestyle; upbringing - call it what you will - over passion.

Diet, weather, community, etc. all effect the way people collectively behave.

Passion is found everywhere, even if it may appear subdued.

Talking of the North of England, how would members assess the audiences at Stones shows in Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds in comparison with Argentinian crowds?

There may be less jumping about, but the level of interest would be similar or even greater on these shores.

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 00:59 by Olly.

Date: July 8, 2015 00:54

JumpinJeppeFlash
keefriffhards
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

come on Cristiano you don't measure passion by jumping and shouting. that's crap and you know it.. i am very passionate about many things in life but i don't have to jump and shout about it. i love the stones but i would rather take it all in when i see them than jump up and down. now take me to a nightclub and play the stones, i get out my air guitar out and ill play and jump as good as any man, but it ain't passion

Couldn´t agree moresmileys with beerthumbs up

yeah but having said that i love South American audiences, they make the show. its fantastic the atmosphere they create. but its just the way they are, its the way they are brought up to behave, its wonderful, but don't tell me an Argentinian is more passionate that an Englishman or an Italian or an American its just not so..

Date: July 8, 2015 00:55

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:21 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: July 8, 2015 01:06

JumpinJeppeFlash
Cristiano Radtke
EddieByword
JumpinJeppeFlash
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

I guess you mean Twickenham 2003, right?

I would take that show 100 times over BA 2006, nothing more to say, read above, can´t stand people who ruin shows the way they do in BA 2006, they even have to take short breaks beacuse the audience is screaming so much, it has nothing to do with being a fan, it´s a joke and a disgrace.

i was at the 2003 Twickenham show. fantastic audience and atmosphere, slipping away, no bathroom brake lol. unbelievable show. and to be honest, to actually be there, as a fan i would prefer to attend the Twickenham show without the argi bargie. pardon the pun

Date: July 8, 2015 01:07

keefriffhards
JumpinJeppeFlash
keefriffhards
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

yeah but having said that i love South American audiences, they make the show. its fantastic the atmosphere they create. but its just the way they are, its the way they are brought up to behave, its wonderful, but don't tell me an Argentinian is more passionate that an Englishman or an Italian or an American its just not so..
In the U.K. There is no more passionate audience than the Scottish crowds.!!.I have
seen the Stones all over the U.K.and any Scottish gig wipes the floor with any other U.K venue.Outside the U.K. I can't comment.

Date: July 8, 2015 01:09

JumpinJeppeFlash
Cristiano Radtke
EddieByword
JumpinJeppeFlash
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

I would take that show 100 times over BA 2006, nothing more to say, read above, can´t stand people who ruin shows the way they do in BA 2006, they even have to take short breaks beacuse the audience is screaming so much, it has nothing to do with being a fan, it´s a joke and a disgrace.

Everybody here is a Stones fan from every part of the world, and each one of us has their own culture or ways of acting during a concert. I understand you don't like the way the Argentinians act on a Stones concert and it's your opinion, and some of us can agree with that and others don't, it's simple as that.

On my behalf, I love what they do at the concerts, which I think it's awesome. On the other way, I would never start a thread asking why there's so much boring audiences at certain concerts and would never say that it was a joke or a disgrace. I don't want to know about that, as long as I'm enjoying the concert. winking smiley

Date: July 8, 2015 01:10

JumpinJeppeFlash
Cristiano Radtke
EddieByword
JumpinJeppeFlash
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

That's it, 2003.........the point is - that's the way you feel, that's what you said, but you put a query,,,,,people have tried to show you a different perspective but you just shout them down so what's the point?.....

Me, I see the Stones have 3 reasons to go on stage, 1. have a good time. 2. make some cash. 3. Give some other people a good time.....probably in that order. (Although 3 clearly feeds into 2 and then 1 ie. If people don't have a good time, they won't make cash so won't have a good time themselves....) )....people at Twickenham or wherever maybe, probably, sure do have a good time but obviously those Argies are having a fuckng great time....maybe you had a screamer or two in Orlando but the BA crowd just seems to be singing Olay.olay, olay ol-----a-a-a-a-y........oa6y, olay.....and dancing and waving their t-shirts around their heads like helicopters....................my perspective is different to you, it looks like great fun and I'm considering going to BA especially for that in the autumn (if it's on)............so..........hope you 'get what you want' at your next show..........smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 05:17 by EddieByword.

Date: July 8, 2015 01:12

Tonstone
keefriffhards
JumpinJeppeFlash
keefriffhards
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

In the U.K. There is no more passionate audience than the Scottish crowds.!!.I have
seen the Stones all over the U.K.and any Scottish gig wipes the floor with any other U.K venue.Outside the U.K. I can't comment.

was it Rockman who stated earlyer that this is how wars start lol winking smileywinking smiley

as duncan Ballantine says on dragons den. IM OUT

Date: July 8, 2015 01:23

keefriffhards
Tonstone
keefriffhards
JumpinJeppeFlash
keefriffhards
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

was it Rockman who stated earlyer that this is how wars start lol winking smileywinking smiley

as duncan Ballantine says on dragons den. IM OUT

I don't think we will start wars, but maybe we are fed up being misquoted. I think you will find it was Duncan Bannatyne.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home