Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: What´s the thing with argentinians and the stones?
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 8, 2015 11:44

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:24 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2015 11:47

JumpinJeppeFlash
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash
Still no good answers at all. I´m waiting for someone to explain why argentinian fans are so great? Must be something else than passion (=screaming, jumping, throwing flags), right? Based on the poor answers above argentinian fans are so great because they are making noise. I totally agree with EasterMan, most of argentininan fans seem to go to a concert just because they need to jump a lot and the music indeed seem secondary for them.

Now it's time to jump to this thread to another - or is that offending to you?

I'm done with this thread. You didn't tell us what's offending you, even with a lot of people asking you to elaborate that - but you thought it's OK to offend a whole fanbase - and Rockman, wise as usual, has warned us all since the beginning of this thread what would come. Better luck next time, and try to keep on the sunny side. It's not good to keep feeding bad vibes like you've been doing. Bye to you.

What´s offending me? Read above, but just to clarify for you since you seem to have difficulties reading. I´m very offended by the way many argentinians behave at concerts, screaming, jumping and throwing things without any kind of knowledge about their own behavior amongst other people, that´s what offending me. To call these people "the greatest", "the best" and so on is nothing but pathetic based on these criteria. None of you have come up with a good explanation why these fans are so "fantastic" except they are good at making a lot of noise and jumping which for most of you, seem to be what makes a "fantastic" fan. There you go, got it now?

Bye to you, for good. Have a life. Go to Argentina. And please, try to change your username. "Jumpin" doesn't match with your feelings. winking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 8, 2015 13:16

JumpinJeppeFlash
Still no good answers at all. I´m waiting for someone to explain why argentinian fans are so great? Must be something else than passion (=screaming, jumping, throwing flags), right? Based on the poor answers above argentinian fans are so great because they are making noise. I totally agree with EasterMan, most of argentininan fans seem to go to a concert just because they need to jump a lot and the music indeed seem secondary for them.

The Stones perform with the intention of creating a party atmosphere. Ron Wood says the Argentinian fans are great because their extra manifest exuberance helps this aim............a lot.
The energy from band and crowd goes back and forth, feeding into each other until it 'geiger counter' goes off the dial.

So there you are - from the horses mouth as we say in the UK......(lol....whatever that means..............

You say "Jumping + screaming". Others say "dancing + singing".....Throwing flags?....I saw maybe one or two out an audience of what, 80,000?.......come on.....

To be honest, you remind me of the man who says to another....."How come you make you make it with so many girls?.....
The second man says, "If you have to ask you'll never know"................

I have to agree with Cristiano.........Jumpin' seems to be a bit of a misnoma for you.........GentlyapplaudingJeppeflash might be better.............

As I said before though...you don't seem to really want an answer to your query..............you're just now using the thread as an excuse to slag off people who express their appreciation of 'the event' in a different way from you............maybe what you saw in Orlando - which was clearly a dark spot on your sun also - was different to what is shown on Biggest Bang DVD....

"Watched the taillights fading, there ain't a dry eye in the house
They're laughing and screaming
Started jumping and drinking as I left town
Gonna find my way to heaven, `cause I did my time in hell
I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 15:03 by EddieByword.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 8, 2015 13:28

Give it a rest,Jeppe.
Some people answered detailed and accurate,even Bjornulf and you are not able to understand.

Date: July 8, 2015 13:46

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:25 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 8, 2015 13:57

JumpinJeppeFlash
Based on what i have seen myself, argentinian fans seem very egocentric. It´s all about themselves and nothing about fellow fans. I guess most of them are not familiar with other cultures at all and few have been outside of southamerica and very few have been to europe.

What does going to Europe have to do with it? The implications behind comments like that are not welcome around here.

And just for the record, I remember the stadium floor literally shaking under my feet from the enthusiasm expressed for the Stones in Madrid, where the majority of fans attending were presumably European.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 8, 2015 14:03

" these argentinians..." almost says it all...
By the way...having watched and enjoyed Glastonbury '13 several times :
Lots of flags,even bengalos,people in the crowd looking so happy,moving,some dancing and others probably jumping...got my doubts they been all from Argentina.

So finally one can handle a good advice or not.It's up to you.

Date: July 8, 2015 14:08

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:25 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 8, 2015 14:17

JumpinJeppeFlash
Personally i think argentinian fans are totally overrated. I have never understood the thing with screaming and jumping up and down for 2h during a rockshow? I saw many of these fans by myself in Orlando where they were screaming and jumping from time to time during the show. This kind of behaviour is offensive to many people and i saw a couple of people having there seats right next to these argentinians who clearly were disturbed by this behaviour. And why are they throwing argentinian flags up on the stage in a country outside of southamerica? I find this very strange, what if i would throw swedish flags on the stage when attending a show in the US?

They are the opposite of jaded. As fra from jaded as you can get plus The Stones rarely get there, so much more enthusiasm is pent up.

Date: July 8, 2015 14:25

Cristiano thanks, Jumpin problem I think is not a spectator jump , sing or pull a flag. its problems are Argentines.
I am very Stones fans from quite some time and this blog to inform and learn more about them. But I feel we really offended.
I retire
bye
Sergio

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 8, 2015 14:32

JumpinJeppeFlash
EddieByword
JumpinJeppeFlash

The Stones perform with the intention of creating a party atmosphere. Ron Wood says the Argentinian fans are great because their extra manifest exuberance helps this aim............a lot.
The energy from band and crowd goes back and forth, feeding into each other until it 'geiger counter' goes off the dial.

So there you are - from the horses mouth as we say in the UK......(lol....whatever that means..............

You say "Jumping + screaming". Others say "dancing + singing".....Throwing flags?....I saw maybe one or two out an audience of what, 80,000?.......come on.....

To be honest, you remind me of the man who says to another....."How come you make you make it with so many girls?.....
The second man says, "If you have to ask you'll never know"................

I have to agree with Cristian.........Jumpin' seems to be a bit of a misnoma for you.........GentlyapplaudingJeppeflash might be better.............

As I said before though...you don't seem to really want an answer to your query..............you're just now using the thread as an excuse to slag off people who express their appreciation of 'the event' in a different way from you............maybe what you saw in Orlando - which was clearly a dark spot on your sun also - was different to what is shown on Biggest Bang DVD....

"Watched the taillights fading, there ain't a dry eye in the house
They're laughing and screaming
Started jumping and drinking as I left town
Gonna find my way to heaven, `cause I did my time in hell
I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well

Dark spot on the sun? Slag off people? Please give me a break and explain what makes these argentinians so special. That´s the problem for you and the rest of your fans here, you can´t other than continue to suggest they have so much passion bla bla bla bullshit. And regarding my nickname, leave that out of this discussion thank you, it has nothing to do with this at all, if you want to take this to that low level i can be a pain in the ass for you and the rest here as well if you want. I have been asking for answers but no one can give them to me.

Granted.............yawning smiley

Date: July 8, 2015 14:34

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:26 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 14:42

JumpinJeppeFlash
buenosairesstones
Cristiano thanks, Jumpin problem I think is not a spectator jump , sing or pull a flag. its problems are Argentines.
I am very Stones fans from quite some time and this blog to inform and learn more about them. But I feel we really offended.
I retire
bye
Sergio

Sergio!

It has never been my intention to offend you or any of your fellow countrymen. If you feel offended then i´m the first to say i´m sorry. On the other hand you have to understand that people (not just me) have the right to express their opinions about a behaviour they don´t like and question that. It´s nothing strange about that, argentinians can be questioned just as swedes, germans or dutch people can be questioned. That´s the way it is and no one is perfect.

What nationality are you, sport?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:41

Slightly OT because my reply references AC/DC but if you watch their Live at River Plate DVD, the fans are unbelievably enthusiastic which surely makes for a great show for everyone. The fans also appear younger. What I notice at many North American and European shows, is mainly middle aged and retired people standing still or watching the show through a smartphone.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:13

JumpinJeppeFlash
Based on what i have seen myself, argentinian fans seem very egocentric. It´s all about themselves and nothing about fellow fans. I guess most of them are not familiar with other cultures at all and few have been outside of southamerica and very few have been to europe.

I didn't realize you were Argentinian?! eye popping smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:35

treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash

You mean this was all down to self-loathing? SMH. And to think I began by taking this lunacy somewhat seriously. Doh!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:50

mr_dja
treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash

You mean this was all down to self-loathing? SMH. And to think I began by taking this lunacy somewhat seriously. Doh!

Self flagellation can't be far behind.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 8, 2015 18:19

Whine ! Whine ! Moan ! Moan !

Give it a rest mate.

In case you haven't noticed, The Rolling Stones are playing Detroit tonight and it's gonna be a gas.

Heard on the grapevine a lot of Argentinian fans are gonna be having a big celebration at the gig with cheering ,dancing, singing, flag waving and all sorts of jolly fun.

They are really hoping The Stones are coming to Argentina and South America towards end of year and I will be so happy to be there for a couple of weeks too.
Hope you can make it too JumpinJeppeFlash. It's gonna be great fun. thumbs upwinking smileythumbs up

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: July 8, 2015 18:43

Father Ted
Slightly OT because my reply references AC/DC but if you watch their Live at River Plate DVD, the fans are unbelievably enthusiastic which surely makes for a great show for everyone. The fans also appear younger. What I notice at many North American and European shows, is mainly middle aged and retired people standing still or watching the show through a smartphone.

That pretty much sums it up. Their enthusiasm is what makes South American crowds so special, period. I fail to see any "egocentric" behavior there. In fact, at the Stones' show here in Vienna last year, I would have LOVED to have some of those hot-blooded Argentine people in my section, but all I got was a block full of middle-aged, seemingly dead, and obviously bored Austrians who couldn't even be arsed to applaud after songs and left before the final encores.

Posted by: MCJ ()
Date: July 8, 2015 19:09

I am from Spain , not Argentine and I must say that I have a healthy envy of the Argentine public.
I think that they are a fantastic public, very happy and that they love Rolling stones and music over all (… and futbol too ¡¡¡). I think that a lot of comments in this post are insulting to the Argentines people. Really if I were Argentine never will go back into IORR until all those post that have insulted a way of underrtand life of a country give apologizes to all Argentines.

By other hand as Bjornulf said “Have you seen a recording from one of the early 60's Rolling Stones shows?”

And please JumpinJeppeFlash . your comment is very racist:

“with a bunch of people screaming in Spanish”

Why you specific screaming in Spanish ??. It is better screaming in English, French, or another language that in Spanish ???

Argentinos “sos” grandes, no cambiéis nunca ¡¡¡

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 8, 2015 19:09

Groundhog Day ...

Calm down, JumpinJeppeFlash.

Ethno nationalistic expressions are not being well received here.

It's only about The Stones. Jumping or not, you've got what you get and you've got to live with it as it is.

It's the revolving conflict between sing along or not and dance along or not. It also is about having fun. I used to jump myself (at my time of jumping), I still love to sing along, I never threw flags, though.

dead.flowers

Date: July 8, 2015 19:12

MCJ
I am from Spain , not Argentine and I must say that I have a healthy envy of the Argentine public.
I think that they are a fantastic public, very happy and that they love Rolling stones and music over all (… and futbol too ¡¡¡). I think that a lot of comments in this post are insulting to the Argentines people. Really if I were Argentine never will go back into IORR until all those post that have insulted a way of underrtand life of a country give apologizes to all Argentines.

By other hand as Bjornulf said “Have you seen a recording from one of the early 60's Rolling Stones shows?”

And please JumpinJeppeFlash . your comment is very racist:

“with a bunch of people screaming in Spanish”

Why you specific screaming in Spanish ??. It is better screaming in English, French, or another language that in Spanish ???

Argentinos “sos” grandes, no cambiéis nunca ¡¡¡

Well spoken, MCJ.

dead.flowers

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 8, 2015 19:12

OhNoNotMeAgain
Father Ted

That pretty much sums it up. Their enthusiasm is what makes South American crowds so special, period. I fail to see any "egocentric" behavior there. In fact, at the Stones' show here in Vienna last year, I would have LOVED to have some of those hot-blooded Argentine people in my section, but all I got was a block full of middle-aged, seemingly dead, and obviously bored Austrians who couldn't even be arsed to applaud after songs and left before the final encores.

when the stones played Wembley stadium 89' 90' for the first 4 or 5 songs they played, everyone at the front was jumping up and down, it was wonderful and felt so great that the young fans were so into the stones , it made me feel proud that everyone was so enthusiastic for them. But as a spectator i was so relieved when the heads stopped bobbing up and down, so i could finally stop jumping and i could enjoy seeing and hearing the show much better. my beer was all over my shirt and the shirts of the people in front of me lol
Im just saying that as fantastic as those Argentinian audiences are, they have a hell of a lot of stamina, and most people would struggle to keep up with them. some one said on this thread earlier, that they are a much younger audiences in general to the rest of the world. But hell yeah, got to love em smiling smiley

Date: July 8, 2015 19:27

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:27 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: July 8, 2015 19:29

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:27 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: July 8, 2015 19:52

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:28 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: July 8, 2015 19:59

democracy

is maybe not exactly the right term.

I believe here on IORR there are rules that apply.

dead.flowers

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 8, 2015 20:00

Damn all this discussion of Argentinians makes me want to catch a show in Buenos Aires! I get a feeling the fan base in a bit younger down there which may account somewhat for their additional enthusiasm.

Check out the crowd in this video and how much they give back to the band during the introductions at around 52:00. Of course the Stones are going to respond to and appreciate that kind of support. Seeing this may give you a clue as to why these people are considered special when it comes to being Stones fans, hell they make AC/DC fans look tame! What a party!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:02 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 8, 2015 20:01

Ok, everyone take a chill pill and do some jumping jacks. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: July 8, 2015 20:02

Good night.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home